Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Sep 11, 2014 4:49 AM

Jun 2008
Shaniyaz said:

Oh no.. Gillette died after all? I thought he'd be alive somehow..
Poor Vivi (not that I like her).. Why her hair turned white though? O.o

Intense stress ans sorrow can make your hair lose their color. Seriously i am shocked by how many people don't know this. Of course it won't happen in like a single second like shown here but it can happen pretty fast some times.
I had an uncle that lost his wife(my aunt) and in just a matter of few days since i saw him his hair turned white.

MysticArte said:
AlexTheRiot said:
Just because her hair turned white doesn't mean she's "become" a chaika. At least, we have zero information that would support something like that happening. I think for now it's safe to assume her hair turned white out of shock, which is something not unheard of.

And I think Gillette is dead, we can't compare him to the immortal Fredrica.

Vivi's hair turned white, her eyes turned from blue to violet, and her eyebrows got bigger. She's definitely turned into a Chaika. Maybe everyone will become Chaika.

Her eyebrows didn't get bigger at all.
MonadSep 11, 2014 5:13 AM
Sep 13, 2014 4:27 AM
Mar 2014
This show was amazing. So keen for next season.

Akari is such a mood killer!

Vivi's a new Chaika now? Does this have something to do with the fortune cookies?
Gilette didn't get to draw his sword again though - wasn't actually expecting it to end that way. Thought he's get demoted / fired or whatever and his sword removed.
Sep 14, 2014 9:45 PM

Sep 2012
The shocking truth this shows is very good and vivi's change to Chaika. Oh another fake chaika can't wait for the season 2

Sep 18, 2014 3:30 AM
Apr 2013
possible vivi is chaika? i believe she turned her hair grey

and sad it seems her love died, or maybe not

hope toru accept offer and become dragon master

much more powerfull much better fights :D

gimme 2nd season now
Sep 19, 2014 9:07 AM

Nov 2012
First Kaneki, now Viivi what's wrong today? Everyone turn white hair -.^

It wasn't that bad as I thought at start, now Im inpatient from s2 7/10.

And omm Akari is gorgeous, that moves, that hammer, that GREEN HAIRS <3
Sep 21, 2014 6:25 PM

Jul 2012
Dang, wish I followed this series when it was airing. Surprisingly decent overall. People kept on saying "it gets better later on" and they're right. It definitely did. The first two or so episodes were kind of lame but it gets a lot better. The story was very interesting, the action was fun and it depicted a good adventure.

Definitely following season 2 in the fall.
Sep 21, 2014 11:55 PM

Jun 2014
That was really good!
And I totally called the blue Chaika like 6 episodes ago.
BUT SURPRISE! Theres another one~! Shame that Mr. Noble had to die though... I was starting to like him.
Also Toru as a Dragoon Cavalier would be SO FREAKING COOL. I hope he accepts.
Little less then a month till season two, cant wait!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Sep 30, 2014 6:36 AM

Jun 2011
Fred, omg, that chibi Fred is too much! My heart is gonna explode from too much kawaii-ness. I also like her voice a lot! Gonna search up the VA later.

I didn't like how quick the villain fell, it was almost funny. Like seriously, it was anti climatic for me.

I was mad at the interrupted kiss for a while, but now I got over it, there is still time for that in the sequel, I hope.

Vivi stays annoying for the whole series.. I hope to get lesser of her in the sequel but it seems like she is going to play a significant part after her "transformation". Gilette will probably be back to stop her or something.

Overall it's pretty decent, last arc felt a little rushed, and a little off.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 30, 2014 2:32 PM

Nov 2013
Awesome. Really enjoyed this. Looking forward to 2nd season.
Oct 6, 2014 10:16 PM
Apr 2012
So, everyone here has a half opinion on Gillette being alive or not.

I honestly believe that he might still be alive, but everyone here might not have seen this picture of Gillette on his final moments.

Come and take a look...

http://i.imgur.com/VKURejg.jpg

Anything familiar to you?
Oct 12, 2014 10:47 AM

Aug 2013
I really enjoyed this anime. The characters were great and the story was interesting too. Also this anime reminded me of Spice and Wolf. I am really looking forward to Season 2.
Oct 31, 2014 1:07 AM

Oct 2014
FYI. EXTREME STRESS turns hair into white in just minutes.. that's what happened to Vivi, knowing that Gillette is dead. Like what happened to Victorique in Gosick.

Anyway, this anime is awesome 9/10, Chaika knowing the fact that she's just a mere tool but still continuing her mission to gather those remains is pretty authentic.
I'm excited to know the truth behind all these.. and also the fact that many of them wants to start a war is terrific Hahaha..
kinmityOct 31, 2014 1:14 AM
Nov 16, 2014 2:57 PM

Aug 2014
Great Episode! So nice they stay together :) So Vivi is one of Chaika's too... That's so bullshit.... Why ever girl we found around the story has to be Chaika?!.... Anyway fantastic season! ;)
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Nov 19, 2014 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
kinmity said:
FYI. EXTREME STRESS turns hair into white in just minutes.. that's what happened to Vivi, knowing that Gillette is dead. Like what happened to Victorique in Gosick.

Anyway, this anime is awesome 9/10, Chaika knowing the fact that she's just a mere tool but still continuing her mission to gather those remains is pretty authentic.
I'm excited to know the truth behind all these.. and also the fact that many of them wants to start a war is terrific Hahaha..

Sorry, but what you're spreading is bullshit. No one's hair turned gray in minutes or even days. The Marie Antoinette syndrome is anecdotal. What really causes sudden hair graying is most probably an auto-immune disorder (although possibly stress-induced) causing hair loss while affecting hair follicles that still produce pigment. Thus a person with graying hair is left with only the pigmentless hair after a couple months.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Dec 9, 2014 2:51 AM
Dec 2014
Anyone realise that two 'Guy' were standing behind Gillete?
Dec 10, 2014 12:09 PM

Mar 2013
I wasn't really expecting the transformation. The kiss was cute, too.

I think that Bones made this series a lot better because they can choreograph fights pretty well! Not to mention that the relationships between the characters were cute, so I'll give this a 7/10.
Dec 10, 2014 8:49 PM

Aug 2013
That 'Guy' guy is really suspicious...
And WOAHHH what the hell is that last transformation ?!
I didn't expect Chaikas to be created that way ? Shocking truth !! XD
That fortune telling must be a hint but can't guess what it is yet.. either way I don't think he's dead.
This did quite well for a fantasy anime.. not all unique but still passable.
BONES' fantastic fight scenes did the best job there.
Good thing there's still a sequel.
Dec 15, 2014 10:38 AM

Oct 2013
So, Vivis hair turned white the moment she heard that Gillete died, well that's excalated quickly, i hope Gillete stays dead.

Akari ruined the moment between Chaika and Toru xD, nice try girl, but Chaika kissed him underwater, how cool is that ?

Overall score 8/10, now onto 2nd season
Dec 18, 2014 2:38 PM
Jun 2012
The antagonists for this final arc were really dumb. "Let's kill ourselves with a kamikaze attack even though we have the upper hand!" I mean, come on. But regardless of that Hitsugi no Chaika has been a great watch, it got progressively better with each episode. I just hope the 2nd Season will have a more conclusive ending.
Feb 27, 2015 4:24 PM

Sep 2011
I watched this show on a whim, well mostly because the girl on the cover had the most ridiculous eyebrows ever. Anyway, I'm very glad I watched this.

This show was ended with a bang, pretty solid season all around. An unexpected plot twist at the end, I honestly didn't see it coming. Really good episode.

I wish this series was better known, it's quite good.
Aug 3, 2015 5:06 AM

Jul 2013
this episode gave me so much cringe.. Tooru X Chaika seriously? I'd watch the the sequel for the plot but this "romance" will forever hold this show down for me. Also I like the action and how "dark" it can be.

6/10
Oct 3, 2015 7:16 AM
Oct 2015
I wasn't expecting much during the early episodes but I like that the story is having a depth towards the end. definitely needs a next season.
Oct 3, 2015 10:05 AM

Feb 2015
Really enjoying this anime..

Although Toru X Chaika was weird at first but I still say go for the "Sis" she's best girl of the anime.
So far the first season had nothing really wrong with it, it was a very good season and now just starting season 2 and it's already just as good
Oct 3, 2015 6:44 PM
Oct 2015
Fredrica never fails to annoy me. I'm disappointed that she never really had a good fighting scene despite all her capabilities. I hope that her skills will be in good use next time..
Nov 19, 2015 7:32 PM

Jul 2015
Chaika is love, chaika is life, she is the cutest character i have ever seen, the kiss was great, the action was great, this show was great, i admits there is some problems but this is very enjoyable ! 7/10 hype to watch season 2 right away !
Dec 6, 2015 8:33 AM

Mar 2015
What????
Ricardo one shot.
Grad one shot
Blue Chaika one shot??
Hahahhaa.

Gillette also one shot??? LOL

Yeah, the journey to collect Exodia parts still continues.

Series rating: 8/10
Jan 10, 2016 8:03 AM

Dec 2008
FOr a show that has a some elements al ltoo familiar from fantasy, I was happily surprised. A group of mercs that are basically less skilled less stealthy medieval ninjas per se and heroes that have fallen after defeating a single great foe. BUt a foe of many monikers. Much about the chaikas was already gauged since episode 3 or 4, but still, I liked this show. The tech magic only available to the rich or wizard class in a world of monsters and simple living, it reminds me of wild arms somehow and I LOVE IT! 7.5/10 and onto season 2!!! ^~,;,~^
Nov 2, 2017 4:39 PM

Sep 2011
Vivi is also a Chaika? Lol, definitely didn't see that one coming.
Fredrica coming back this way was so random, but so funny :'D I'm glad she survived though. I hope they actually form a contract with Tooru, that would be cool.

Well, I didn't expect much more from this series, but it was good for what it's worth, so 7/10 is what it gets from me. I'll start the second season soon, since I'm curious about where this will go.
Nov 5, 2017 9:08 PM

Mar 2016
Am I the only one that seems to think Vivi’s hair turning white was just from extreme stress and not from becoming a Chaika? It doesn’t work that way in real life but it’s definitely happened in anime like this plenty of times.

Sad about Gillette, but that “kiss” between Toru and Chaika was nice. Wish Akari would just die or disappear or something though, never liked her because of her brother complex or whatever you could even call that.

I thought the chibi Frederica was annoying, but at least she’s not dead.
BlondieNov 5, 2017 9:12 PM
Nov 8, 2017 1:12 AM
Oct 2017
I can't be the only one who was disatisfied with the end of Ricardo after what he did. The hatred that sparked for his character from his unspeakable actions has not been answered for me. I'm fine with everything else but I can't begin to describe how brutal I wanted Ricardo's death to be.
Sep 21, 2018 5:41 PM

Oct 2015
So Gillete is really dead? Vivi is really pissed to even her hair to turn gray/silver.

But that was great show and I loved every minute of it and will watch season 2.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 9, 2018 6:23 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
A very entertaining series. It wasn't anything that changed my life and makes me want to meditate on a mountain top. However, it was a series that I could stop watching for a month or so and then pick right back up without loss. The characters were likable and stayed true to form. The fight scenes were good the art was nice. Overall 8/10. I probably won't watch season 2 but it might creep in on some dark and lonely night when my resistance is low....lol.

Jan 21, 2020 4:01 AM

Aug 2015
Ricardo vs toru was pretty fricking lame, tbh.
Glad to see fredrica's still alive, not too surprised tho.
The highlight of the episode for me was the saving kiss by chaika too bad we didnt get to see a real kiss.
And vivi's mental breakdown after she heared the news was pretty intense.
Nice show so far, i like it for what it is 7/10.
NameLessMofoJan 21, 2020 5:35 AM
Jun 3, 2021 8:27 AM
Mar 2021
epic!, looking forward to next season
Oct 22, 2021 10:57 AM

May 2020
That kissing in the water to share air was unexpected. But they want it 'again'. No doubt Chaika White is cute and Blue Chaika is a ummm, bad girl? lel I will accept it as well. Anyway, good show. They really a great teamate, no one OP they just to work together.
Jan 8, 2022 2:45 PM
Dec 2018
Strawhat_Pirate said:
So...all the tortured girls died no matter what now because that thing's underwater. Ugh. I was expecting a normal, solid shounen but instead got Urobutcher in the last arc. I...I need to find a feel-good anime after this.

I mean, it's still a 9/10 anime to me, but...yeah. I can't get over that.

Yeah, this is the part that made me the sadest...though hard to say if any of those girls were left alive after all that magical based combat :/.

The Toru v. Ricardo fight ending made sense. Turo changed his tactic and left himself be stabbed in a non-vital location as a sacrifice for placing the killing blow. Totally without the character I'd say. Toru is not a front line knight after all.
Mar 7, 2022 6:09 PM

Jan 2021
The most underrated anime in terms of MAL score? That was surprisingly good.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Mar 11, 2022 7:14 PM

Jun 2007
Yea, that was pretty good. I just found this searching for random anime to watch. Always glad to see more main characters that aren't spineless pushovers, lol. Tooru and Akari were pretty cool. I liked the multiple Chaikas, that was interesting.

What is it though with people in anime letting their enemies go like that? First Tooru doesn't finish off Ricardo. One stab and he lets him ponder life for a bit. I'd have kicked him in the face then slit his throat to be sure he was dead. Then he just lets blue Chaika wander off? Seriously?? No way would I let her go. I was irritated that they get to have their "let's go together, I lived and died the way I wanted to" moment. I'd rather have seen Ricardo get to experience vivisection himself and give blue Chaika some slow death causing poison. Yea.. I'm a little fucked up I guess (must have some Raul Evans in my psyche) lol, but I get very vindictive and hunger for retribution and it's frustrating when it's denied. At least it wasn't the "let's become friends now" trope hehe

Also having rifles that require incantations is a major hassle. When Chaika came up behind Ricardo and blue Chaika, it would've been a *perfect* opportunity to blow those fuckers away but having to do some silly chant would spoil that. I still would've tried.

Oh and another thing I thought was weird; the exterior shot shown the one fortress they were on being shoved down to the ground by the other one, and at like a 30 degree angle. How were they all standing straight upright like it was no big deal?? Bit of a flub there.

But overall, good show and a very cute heroine :)
StrahanMar 11, 2022 7:19 PM
Jan 14, 2023 5:47 PM
Mar 2020
Tidak memuaskan! Kurang brutal!
Mar 28, 2023 4:18 AM

Dec 2022
story 9/10
lovely characters 11/10
extremely under rated series
May 31, 2023 9:03 PM

May 2019
THANKS GOD GILETTO-SAMA IS "DEAD".

Would be too good to be true.

The main mistake of this story was the boring subplot about the overly annoying Giletto Team, just there to fu* up the progression of the much more interesting plot about Chaika's gang.

By the middle of the series onwards i started to skip the moments focused on they discussing shit and i feel like i lost nothing.

In fact i enjoyed a lot more the episodes.
Jun 21, 2023 10:17 AM

Jul 2016
Chibi Fredrica popping out of her mangled corpse chestburster style is one of the most morbidly hilarious things I've ever seen. And speaking of morbid, was Vivi transforming into a Chaika without the eyebrows?

Wasn't expecting to love this anime for how slept on it is. The dynamic between these characters is just too good and the story's fairly original too.

Alright time for Season 2
Jul 22, 2023 6:46 AM
Mar 2021
Aug 27, 2023 10:34 PM

Jun 2010
Some satisfyingly simple ends for the villians, especially Akari's revenge on Grad, although I can nitpick that if Ricardo was an incompetant fighter then there doesn't seem to be any reason for Tooru's deception or taking that stab in the arm as he should have been able to win quickly in a straightforward fight. It's a little odd that these are the first people the heroes have killed in the series. It clearly wasn't anything special to them so it's not like they've been trying to hold back this whole time.

If all those soldiers in the fortress were supposed to be mind-controlled like Akari was I feel sorry for them as they must all have drowned.

Gillette's total uselessness is so stark I have to wonder if it was deliberate. Despite how heroic he seemed, when a mass-murdering threat emerged he failed to do anything of use to anyone and even tried to stop that general from doing anything when, after all was done, it was the general who stopped the villians' fortress and saved an entire city. Not only Gillette himself, but the most Vivi and Zita did was play back-up to Tooru and Akari. Frankly, the whole gang deserves to be fired as they've acomplished nothing the entire time we've seen them. Given some other ideas the series has been using like the sorry fates of the heroes who saved the world, this irony could be deliberate and I'd like to see it explored.
Apr 3, 1:53 AM
Aug 2023
So all the ground forces and Gillette died because Gillette stopped them right in the spot that got lasered, what a loser. I'm pretty sure the ground forces wouldn't have been standing exactly right there for the laser to randomly hit that spot if it wasn't for Gillette.

So not only did Tooru and the others leave that surviving woman they found in the wall there despite she was still alive, but they also left all the innocent soldiers who were mind controlled, now released from the control, to drown in the sunken air fortress. But I guess they got the body part they wanted, so who cares huh?
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

137 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2014

121 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 10:34 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2014

176 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2014

154 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2014

99 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 2, 6:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.