Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 25, 2014 9:50 PM

Nov 2012
What was so freighting about Guy that caused Layla to be petrified? What was going on with Vivi? Did she turn into a Chaika or is it something else?

Regarding the chibi Frederica, what if she receives a fatal blow again within her chibi form? Will a smaller chibi Frederica pop out of her chibi body? That'd be hilarious to see.
ShigureJun 25, 2014 9:54 PM
Jun 25, 2014 9:59 PM

Apr 2014
cant wait for season 2!

Btw. Vivi realy turns into Chaika, look at her eyes, all Chaikas have same eyes :)

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; image is too large.
julyanJun 25, 2014 11:01 PM
Jun 25, 2014 10:08 PM

Aug 2013
last episode of this season, seems to be just a break in the anime already in October that he continues
the episode and the season of the anime was good, Tooru goes behind Chaika and even a kiss happens when the two are in the water, Akari the best girl in the anime and one of the best girls of the season returned to their side and Fredrica is always funny , even suggested to Tooru become a dragon rider
I'll wait for the second season and looking forward to see how this story will end
I definitely recommend this anime ..
Jun 25, 2014 10:11 PM

Jul 2012
So...was Vivi originally a Chaika (but didn't know it) or did she turn into one?
I don't think Gilette is dead. We never saw a body and you know what that means.

Good thing Frederica didn't die. A mini-version popped out instead :P
Toru should become a dragoon cavalier.

I felt this would be a good series. I'm happy that turned out to be the case. Nothing overly special, but good. 7.5/10 :)

Lot's of mysteries left and quite a cliffhanger ending. Second season here I come.
Jun 25, 2014 10:23 PM

Dec 2009
BloodRequiem said:
Any Dark Souls players here?

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

IHAFUF said:

My favourite scene in the anime along with Toru's sneaky stab, found them hilarious.

Dark Souls hype ftw!
SimmonzJun 25, 2014 10:26 PM
Jun 25, 2014 10:36 PM

Jun 2013
HOLY CRAP WHAT A FINALE !

So many things to talk about, I can't even remember them all.

Akari bashes the dudes head in with the hammer + awesome badass points.

Tohru and Chaika kiss,

Fredrica is alive! <3 And Chibi

I have a feeling that cavalier guy isnt dead, and WTF cliffhanger with Vivi turning into a Chaika?? ? The unanswered questions wow.

I cannot wait for season 2
Jun 25, 2014 10:50 PM
May 2014
Hoooly mindfuck?

This is wat u call psychological. Unlike a certain other anime.
Jun 25, 2014 10:54 PM

Aug 2013
What a wonderful end of a season. 9/10

Pretty sure ViVi is another Chaika, and it has something to do with Gilette and the guy that appeared behind him in the moment of his death.

Also, Chaika and Toru, couldn't end it any better. ^^ Fall season here I come.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2014 11:04 PM

Aug 2012
When chibi Fredrica popped out, I lost it. Gosh, that was so adorable :3
And obviously, Gilette is still alive. I saw 2 Guy behind before he "died."
Vivi is a Chaika? Hoho. I didn't notice the resemblance before. Well played.
I also liked the foreshadowing that Tooru will become a dragoon knight. Poorly executed, but it's good there's something else that I'll be looking forward to.

Pretty solid finale for a solid season. 8/10
This will definitely be a long 4 month wait.
Jun 25, 2014 11:21 PM

Nov 2013
Jesus, the Frederica scene had me scared X.X Could've been something out of horror movies; thank god it wasnt.

Great, satisfying series so far. Only thing I didn't like was how it seemed Bones threw more money at their other shows which were really lackluster to me.
Jun 25, 2014 11:49 PM

Nov 2013
God-of-Harem said:

I think Gillete will die at least.

*ahem*
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
Jun 26, 2014 12:00 AM

Aug 2013
DGemu said:
Jesus, the Frederica scene had me scared X.X Could've been something out of horror movies; thank god it wasnt.

I thought it was going to go Aliens on us.

*Frederica's chest pops open*
*mini white spider thingy comes out*
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 26, 2014 12:18 AM

Sep 2012
Simmonz said:
BloodRequiem said:
Any Dark Souls players here?

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

IHAFUF said:

My favourite scene in the anime along with Toru's sneaky stab, found them hilarious.

Dark Souls hype ftw!

IronLobsterJun 26, 2014 12:22 AM
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Jun 26, 2014 12:33 AM

Mar 2008
That little Fredica popping out of her dead body was hilarious. That sure was a plot twist with vivi turning into a Chaika. I'm also glad the blue Chaika & the little bastard that liked to carve people up got what they deserved.
Jun 26, 2014 12:46 AM

Apr 2012
will toru become a saboteur/dragoon cavalier?

im glad Fredrica isnt dead but i wanted her 2 stay chibi

well all thats left now is 2 rewatch n wait 4 the season2
Jun 26, 2014 12:51 AM

Jul 2013
Oh my Gooood!!!! Mini Frederica bursting from the stomach ala alien has got to be the most horrifying and the most adorable scene at the same time lol.... God damn just when I thought this couldn't get any cuter they got a chibi Frederica appearing XD

Man, Akari was brutal.. she just smashed Grad's head like it was nothing! Definitely one of the best anime character ever!!! I like how she just gave no fuck about anything..

and that kiss..... THAT KISS!!!!!!!! And holy shit, VIVI is a Chaika???!!!!

Such an entertaining anime, to think that I hated the first episode and thought how this would be a generic action anime. The story sure took a dark twist in the last few episodes. In fact it was so intriguing that I started to think less about Chaika's moe-ness which was the reason why I started to like this anime in the first place. Akari and Tooru are solid main characters that's quite unique compared to other anime's MCs not just because they're sort of anti-hero but also because their personality shined despite being paired with the most adorable character in anime in a while (only Ai from Kyoukai no Kanata came close).

I wish I can skip the summer season and go straight to fall. Chaika 2 and Log Horizon 2nd season are more than enough reasons to make Fall 2014 possibly the best and the most exciting season this year (of course there's also more Mushi-shi, Psycho Pass 2, and the new Fate/Stay Night)

9/10
Jun 26, 2014 1:00 AM
Jun 2014
This show is just great and I am SO amped up for season 2 it's so close when other shows have to wait years to get a second season. I enjoyed it the absolute whole time with my only qualm being that we never get any backstory about why Toru was retired and washed up in the first place, but hopefully season two may go into that but I'm still ok if it does'nt.

BTW about that underwater kiss was F***ing magical and it caught me completely off guard (even if it was only for air) they were about to have another consentual kiss!
I ship it
I ship it to the moon
9/10 best anime I've seen this year so far
Is it all really just an accident, you really believe that?
Jun 26, 2014 1:22 AM

Aug 2008
Them magical flying castles duking it out was awesome.

Good series, I liked it. S2 should be even nicer.
Jun 26, 2014 1:29 AM

Sep 2008
I wanna see how Gilletes squad explains their actions to military leadership.
"So, why didn't our fortress have ground support?"
"Well, we did infiltration mission and had 2 people trapped so our brave leader decided it was a good course of action to potentially sacrifice military fortress and dozens, maybe hundreds, of lives to save those two."
"Oh, why didn't you say that from the start?"

Oh well, it is over at last. I liked first few episodes but felt like it went downhill since then.
Not gonna waste time on 2nd season.
4/10
Jun 26, 2014 2:08 AM
Mar 2013
Yay, Frederica! :D
Looking forward to S2.
Jun 26, 2014 2:09 AM

Mar 2014
Really liked this episode, completely missed Guy standing behind Gilette for some reason but the way the aftermath of his "death" was handled made me feel like there was a good chance he wasn't dead. What happened to Vivi was completely unexpected though!

Glad to see that Ricardo guy die, didn't expect Layla to be so loyal to him in the end.

Yay for Fredrica being alive (and small and cute)

Really enjoyed this show, can't wait for the second season
Jun 26, 2014 2:41 AM

May 2010
Fredericka's chibi self was pretty cute and she is pretty damn handy. Somehow I loled when Akari hit the black-haired guy with that hammer.

Chaika in action and then later jumping in the water to save Tohru was really something. I loved that scene.

Death scenes in this episode were sad... I have a feeling that Gilette will return though. I wonder what happened with Vivi near the end, the whole hair color change.

Seriously, Tohru you will think about it? If I were you, I would have said yes any moment.

9/10. Great series, I really loved it. Waiting for the 2nd season to be aired in fall.
Jun 26, 2014 2:51 AM

May 2013
Sorry but I screamed when Chaika kissed (or gave air rather) to Toru and when they are about to kiss, chemistry anyone?

And damn! Frederica was sooo cute in chibi form, I'm glad that Akari regained her consciousness again. Welp, the enemies are now defeated so yeah... And yes, I believe that Gillette is not yet dead without solid evidence besides his sword. I am wondering now if Vivi will be the next Chaika because of her despair but neither way, see you guys in October with Selector Spread WIXOSS. 7 to 8/10
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 26, 2014 3:05 AM
Aug 2012
Yeah, I always thought Vivi was just to similar to Chaika to be a coincidence. Now I know why. She is another Shaika.
Jun 26, 2014 3:12 AM

Sep 2012
nina4life said:
I wanna see how Gilletes squad explains their actions to military leadership.
"So, why didn't our fortress have ground support?"
"Well, we did infiltration mission and had 2 people trapped so our brave leader decided it was a good course of action to potentially sacrifice military fortress and dozens, maybe hundreds, of lives to save those two."
"Oh, why didn't you say that from the start?"

Oh well, it is over at last. I liked first few episodes but felt like it went downhill since then.
Not gonna waste time on 2nd season.
4/10

And nothing of value was lost.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Jun 26, 2014 3:58 AM

Nov 2011
vivi is also a chaika

Jun 26, 2014 3:58 AM

Nov 2011
I've got to hand it to this show. I wasn't really expecting much going in, but it turned out a lot better than I had originally thought.

I'm very surprised Vivi turned out to be another Chaika... Kind of came out of nowhere, but very pleased that there will be a second season. I think it's evident that Gillette isn't dead as we saw two Guys right behind him before the blast hit. Where he is, who knows? Although I'd really like to know more about this Guy person hopefully in season 2. It seemed like Layla knew who he was when he showed up and I'm really curious what his agenda is. I thought originally he was just helping out Chaika here and there gathering remains, but helping out Gillette and the others feels as though there's something else he has up his sleeve as well.

Good watch, looking forward to season 2.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jun 26, 2014 4:06 AM

Jan 2013
People might say it has generic settings, but that's not true at all. Ironically, it's generic yet not generic at the same time since fantasy animes are fucking DEAD. When was the last time we got this kind of story without freaking schools and online games?

Anyway, pretty solid show. I expected a little more for the last episode, but still okay.
DawnJJun 26, 2014 8:01 AM
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 26, 2014 4:58 AM

Oct 2009
That surprised me, I didn't expect Vivi to be another Chaika O_O
Jun 26, 2014 5:45 AM

May 2009
Looks like Emperor Gaz had quite some offspring, if we have at least 4 Chaikas so far, of which one is now dead (and good riddens, too, she was both unpleasant to look at and she was a bitch).

The question now is, what was 'our' Chaika before she turned out this way? If Layla was right about them being born as someone else and only later learning of their Chaika role, and Viivi transforming certainly seems to prove that, what happened to this Chaika? Also, why is she the only one who can't seem to make coherent sentences?

Looking forward to season 2 (or rather, the other half of this current season).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2014 5:51 AM

May 2013
Fredrica is alive and shrunk. Haha!
Woah, Vivi is also a Chaika? Wasn't expecting that. I think Gillette is dead. But I still have doubts.
Toru should accept being a dragoon cavalier. If he does, it's going to be good.

Looking forward for the second season this fall.
8/10
Jun 26, 2014 6:46 AM

Apr 2013
DawnJ said:
When was the last time did we get this kind of story without freaking schools and online games?

^This.

We got a action/adventure series where the good guys and the bad guys actually fight each other for real, they get wounded, bleed and die. And yes I know that it's kinda generic and there are some things which are left unanswered or make no sense at all. But as long as there is no Overpowered as fuck protagonist "Kirito", no harem and no freaking School, then I'm fine with it!!!
Jun 26, 2014 7:00 AM
May 2011
Seems that crazy yandere obsessed petanco became even more crazy. Why can't she already die along with her "Sasuke"?
Jun 26, 2014 7:22 AM

Jun 2014
Fredrica became a super cute creature, omg. It was a pretty solid ending, out of all the dense head heroines, Chaika being incompetent somewhat herself still managed to be smart enough to take air with her and exchange it with him..

My body is ready for season 2.

I can't believe Gillette (can't stop thinking about the razor) died. D:

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Jun 26, 2014 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Not a bad anime, the end is a bit too rushed, sorry that the bad guys are already out of the cast!
Having the blue Chaika was a great character, too bad.
Plot that gives at least some shots of the final scene, it does not shine for extreme originality, but I would not say that it is all garbage.
Narration usable, maybe a little faster, but not obvious at least in the final.
Oh! I did not expect to revise Frederica-tan! LOL
Drawings with ups and downs, in due course see again the first series in BD, before the start of the second season.
For now, my final grade is 6.5/10!
Jun 26, 2014 7:25 AM

Dec 2012
Chibi Fredrica took me by surprise, she ought to stay in that form in the next season. Looks like she's warmed up to Tooru more, I wonder if he'll seriously accept the contract. Gotta say it was satisfying when Akari took her warhammer and introduced it to the wizard's head. I really didn't see that near kiss coming, I guess Tooru couldn't resist the charm of the loli. I think the most surprising part of the episode was Vivi's breakdown. I wonder if she's yet another Chaika.

As a whole I really enjoyed this show and I'm glad that a second season is already confirmed. It has a good blend of fantasy, adventure, and action. The fights were especially fun to watch, especially with a character like Tooru who improvised and used whatever means necessary. Chaika was so fun to watch, she's like a little loli doge. Such eyebrows. Much grateful. Wow.

I like where the story is going and look forward to season 2. 8/10
Jun 26, 2014 7:45 AM

Mar 2013
Too many revelations in one episode. A bit rushed also.
Well, I enjoyed the series. Excited for the second season.
Jun 26, 2014 7:52 AM

Jan 2011
Every time I think about this show it has to be generic and bland, but every time I watch it feels... interesting and possibly refreshing? 0_0

I liked this final episode, need moar gore stabby stabby in the other episodes.

Nice stuff, 6/10.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jun 26, 2014 9:29 AM

Apr 2011
DawnJ said:
People might say it has generic settings, but that's not true at all. Ironically, it's generic yet not generic at the same time since fantasy animes are fucking DEAD. When was the last time we got this kind of story without freaking schools and online games?

I would hardly say 'fantasy animes are dead'. Fairy Tail is fantasy as fuck, and it's an adventurer's guild, not a school. Nobunaga the Fool was weird science fantasypunk. Last season we had that Magical Retail show. School-based anime have kinda been the thing for a long time.

That said, I did enjoy the first season and I'm glad there will be a second round in the Fall. I hate it when a one-season anime leaves most of the story unfinished, it ends up just feeling like an advertisement for the light novels/manga/H-game/whatever.

And yes, I ship Chaika and Toru as well, though a harem ending would be good too. He kisses Fredricka to become a dragoon knight and then kisses Akari so she won't kill him for kissing the other two ... OK, that's totally out of character for the series, but hey, if Tenchi Muyo can have a harem ending, why not? :P

9/10, will be watching in October.
Jun 26, 2014 9:44 AM

Sep 2013
Did Vivi just turn into a Chaika?! :O

Chibi Loli Fredrica <3 ;)

Gilette is obviously not dead as the informant was behind him.

Good stuff 8/10 on to the next season-

Hitsugi No Chaika - The Shocking Truth!
Jun 26, 2014 10:26 AM

Mar 2014
Poor girls, all them dead girls in the walls.... not getting saved..... most likely drowned, its nice how everyone forgot about them.

Those creepy vent things were awesomely gruesome, especially the part where Fredrica ripped them to shreds.

Good show, looking forwards to season 2.