Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 25, 2014 9:09 AM

Sep 2011
And now give me the second season. And also Jibril doujins!

May 2014
10/10 on the full anime. SEASON 2! SEASON 2!

Mar 2013
10/10 haven't enjoyed a show this much in years, with that ending 100% sure second season is happening.

Now bring on the hate.
NewhopesJun 25, 2014 9:16 AM

Jun 25, 2014 9:10 AM

Jun 2013
Awesome final episode to this anime, really enjoyed every second of it.
Season 2 is defiantly needed

Apr 2013
Highly enjoyable series. I really hope this gets a second season after ending on a cliffhanger like that.

May 2012
Just absolutely wonderful.

Never thought Steph would end up saving the day. Miko is one foxy lady. That coin toss was so NGNL. That damn cliffhanger. So what's the one thing that all shrine priestess have? It's a god or a spirit right? Right? I don't want to wait two years to find out :(

10/10 for me. It was a really fun ride. Best anime this season imo. So now I guess it time to go read the light novels.
Jun 25, 2014 9:14 AM

Apr 2010
This show was so fucking entertaining. Haven't enjoyed a show this much in a while, really hoping for a second season with this cliffhanger ending.

Easy 9/10.

Nov 2012
It ends with a big cliffhanger :(
Where did this end in the LN? I have to start reading it now. Also, should I start from where the anime left off or should I start from the beginning?
"I can have food or drinks spilled on me, or even be spit at and ill laugh about it ,
However , If for any reason you hurt a friend of mine, I won't forgive you!"

- Red-Haired Shanks

Jul 2010
Blood destruction, to overcome physical limits!
Steph got the last shot! The wisdom to predict the future.
Can't believe that they completely absorbed the Eastern Federation completely!
The war beast (Sora's harem ^^) no longer able to protect themselves would join.
Challenging the Old Deus next... the day where the great chess game would come. >.< Can't even start imagining it.
Really enjoyable series!!! Loved the characters, laughing and smiling was like 2nd nature!
Jun 25, 2014 9:19 AM

Jan 2014
lol THIS EPISODE WAS THE SH*T. THIS SERIES WAS THE SH*T... OMFG.

I have not enjoyed a series this much.... EVER! dang... just fang... I need a season 2 now. This show simply put... is a masterpiece..

10/10 best anime I have ever seen, blew my mind too many times to count.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Jun 25, 2014 9:21 AM

Apr 2012
Kamax said:
Where did this end in the LN? I have to start reading it now. Also, should I start from where the anime left off or should I start from the beginning?
the series covered volumes 1-3, pick up at Volume 4
Jun 25, 2014 9:22 AM

Aug 2007
Great ep like always but why did they end it like that? Please second season come soon.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jun 25, 2014 9:23 AM
Nov 2012
Wow, i love that anime even if ending is a such big suspense.. waiting for the 2nd season :)
Jun 25, 2014 9:24 AM
Jan 2012
12 Episodes was just not enough for me, I need more.
Feb 2014
FateHero said:
Kamax said:
the series covered volumes 1-3, pick up at Volume 4

Well I would recommend you to read the last chapter of Vol. 3, too, otherwise you will be very confused by the beginning of the next Volume ;-)

Aug 2010
Great ep :D I don't know why they did that at the end O_o?! With #1 but oh well, I'm sure S2 is gonna be coming someday. Dem cameo's for Plum and others :3

Absolutely loved the OST <3 Can't wait til it's out ^^

The end of the game was nice. Man I loved Izuna's Bad Blood! Looked BA and OP!
But Keikaku Dori by Kuuhaku having Steph be useful lol XD

Izuna's smile was cute <3 And Dat bath scene with loli yuri :3

Ofc Sora won't do anything to cause the girls of his new paradise suffer XD
Kemonomimi FTW <3

I cannot unsee Ino <_<

Loved the confrontation with Miko. Love her voice :3
Dat coin toss!!! And her using her ability to predict the coins fall O_O XD
Sora really is such a troll XD Gaining the Eastern Federation to his side and tricking the elves so that they can be an easy target later on XD

Also loved blushing Miko when she said "Do I have to say it, Meanie" :3

9.5/10 with 9 on MAL but if a S2 is announced I'll change to 10 ^^
And wow! Totally didn't expect it to be that high at the end O_O 26th?! It might even go a bit up too :O
*hug noises*

May 2013
Dat
fucking
cliffhanger
ending

S2 NAO!! ;_;

Sep 2012
Best Anime this season...it makes you grin like crazy every episode...Blank vs Old Deus...can't wait to see that...i hope the second season won' t be too long to release...
9/10
Jun 25, 2014 9:26 AM

Jun 2008
:/
I would have much preferred if they didn't bring the Old Gods to the table yet...
The Novel ended with Sora and Shiro wanting to get touchy-feely with Miko, then after a rejection decided to hook up at Izuna's. Which goes into V4 oh so nicely.
Now the continuity is in danger... And I do mean that. Unless the author has some batshit crazy master plan to salvage the ending, and lead the story back to the Vampire issue (Volume 4 material).

But then again, this might be a cleverly devised way to make the demands for Season 2 more vocal.

And yeah, All shirne maidens have a god they worship/service.

EDIT:
Also, I'm half-expecting the score to drop, considering how touchy some people are about endings.
And anyone planning on picking up the novels after the anime, read it from Vol3's last 2 chapters (not counting the Afterword), otherwise, you'll be in a world of confusion. Though I personally would recommend reading the whole thing, since there were just so many goodies the anime cut, in my opinion.
GreenDragJun 25, 2014 9:30 AM
Jun 25, 2014 9:27 AM

Aug 2010
Noooooooo so gooood ;____;

Though Baka Tsuki will satisfy me, I'm praying season 2 comes for this and Accel World.
「一人殺せば犯罪者だけど、千人殺せば英雄になれる。百万人殺せば征服者だし、絶滅させれば神よ」
Jun 25, 2014 9:28 AM
Jan 2013
It's over dam... This is actually pretty sad... cause Madhouse won't be animating anymore decent anime with action in the summer x.x.... and don't recommend Mahouka i swear to god.....
This episode was actually pretty dam good, the master plan was executed PERFECTLY and i can't really find faults with it :3.
Still cant get rid of the past showing of the other episodes and a cliff-hanger to boot x.x, so if this doesn't get a 2nd season i'm going to laugh my ass off lol.
Well in the end Shiro and Sora didn't fuck so that's a huge HUGE DISAPPOINT so,this is a pretty solid 4/10 hoping for a 2nd season cause i love Sora.
kitkatxzJun 25, 2014 9:34 AM
Jun 25, 2014 9:30 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Seriously the amount of pure enjoyment value that was squeezed into a mere 12 episode anime like this is essentially unheard of, I'm so amazed by this series from start to finish, it was just SO much FUN. Why don't we see these kind of things more often?
Mar 2014
I really hope that there is a season 2 of this. I believe that the sales are going very well, and so the chances for another season may be very likely.

Jul 2012
kitkatxz said:
It's over dam... This is actually pretty sad... cause Madhouse won't be animating anymore decent anime with action in the summer x.x.... and don't recommend Mahouka i swear to god.....
This episode was actually pretty dam good, the master plan was executed greatly and i can't really find faults with it :3.
Still cant get rid of the past showing of the other episodes and a cliff-hanger to boot x.x, so if this doesn't get a 2nd season i'm going to laugh my ass off lol.
Well in the end Shiro and Sora didn't fuck so that a huge HUGE DISAPPOINT so,this is a pretty solid 4/10 hoping for a 2nd season cause i love Sora.

As I said before, the only one complaining here is you lol
Jun 25, 2014 9:32 AM
Feb 2014
GreenDrag said:
I would have much preferred if they didn't bring the Old Gods to the table yet...
The Novel ended with Sora and Shiro wanting to get touchy-feely with Miko, then after a rejection decided to hook up at Izuna's. Which goes into V4 oh so nicely.
Now the continuity is in danger... And I do mean that. Unless the author has some batshit crazy master plan to salvage the ending, and lead the story back to the Vampire issue (Volume 4 material).

But then again, this might be a cleverly devised way to make the demands for Season 2 more vocal.

Actually by the end of the 3rd Volume I already guessed she would either be an Old Deus herself or close to one; because if you think about it: In a mere 50 years, ONE person changed the technology of a whole country, let them jump over the Industrial Revolution, into the IT age and over our current technological advance?

That is just impossible! We took over 120 years from the start of the Industrial Revolution till where we are now and we still don't have anything like a Virtual Reality Device.
Jun 25, 2014 9:35 AM

Oct 2007
I like that Steph got to actually contribute something in the end, but other than that just kind of eh.....probably just not nearly otaku enough to have ever gotten really into this show.

Probably one of the most hyped up shows as it was airing (at least on MAL) that I've seen in a while that I just did not get into as much as most of the internet seemed to. Obviously it was entertaining enough to keep watching and had it's moments, but I'm never a big fan of what I see as substituting an actual premise (games, strategy, winning against seemingly impossible odds using your wits) for fanservice and otaku wank gag comedy. The show just did not handle the logic of it's game aspect (Issues like the whole Chess match and checkmate situation where Shiro should have clearly already lost being the most egregious example, but just in general) well even if it knew how to make it's games look as flashy as possibly thanks to the animation team at Madhouse which really did put in a strong effort. Despite said effort the show seemed to be more concerned with showing me the female characters T&A then actually building it's universe and characters in an interesting and engrossing way. The best moments of the show were also always the ones that had the least to do with the main characters who I both found incredibly obnoxious though perhaps less so as the series was nearing it's end. Just did not find Sora's loudmouth cool kid voice acting and general personality enjoyable at all and Shiro with her whispery waif voice might as well not even have been there for as much as she contributed most of the series despite the show trying to beat into the viewer how it's all about the two working together that makes them invincible.

Really can't think of much else to say, this show was just kind of a trifle that barely made the cut for me this season even though it did, but it must have done something right to make me not want to drop it flat out and stick with it. If there's a second season I doubt I'd be interested knowing what I know now about how poorly it uses it's game premise, but I can't say the experience of watching this has entirely been a waste of my time which is more than I can say from some shows. A 5/10 seems plenty reasonable for what this show gave me and where it fell short.
PeacingOutJun 25, 2014 9:55 AM
Jun 25, 2014 9:36 AM
Jan 2013
Danpmss said:
kitkatxz said:
This episode was actually pretty dam good, the master plan was executed greatly and i can't really find faults with it :3.
Well in the end Shiro and Sora didn't fuck so that a huge HUGE DISAPPOINT so,this is a pretty solid 4/10 hoping for a 2nd season cause i love Sora.

Did you even read what I wrote? I didn't even bash this episode, stop trying to make me look like a dick when i'm actually praising this show...
PLUS THERE IS A GUY ON FP WHO LEGITLY ONLY SAYS, "OVER-RATED"
STOP RATTING ME OUT ASSHOLE
kitkatxzJun 25, 2014 9:40 AM
Jun 25, 2014 9:37 AM

Jan 2013
IZEROII said:
Overrated.

indeed...by 1.00. hardcore otaku pandering shows like these are so damn annoying...

not even in the last episode they managed to go without a loli bathing scene. *sigh*

4/10.
Jun 25, 2014 9:38 AM
May 2014
That was certainly a fun and enjoyable ride. I thought the whole show was pretty damn funny and clever. :)
Jun 25, 2014 9:38 AM

Apr 2009
Wait what? Steph with a win? lol. 8/10. Good anime but im not drinking the kool aid as much.
Jun 25, 2014 9:40 AM

Jul 2012
7/10 It was pretty good. I would definitely watch a second season.

IZEROII said:
Overrated.

It is, but then again, any strategic-based show will be.
Jun 25, 2014 9:41 AM

Jul 2012
kitkatxz said:
Danpmss said:

Did you even read what I wrote? I didn't even bash this episode, stop trying to make me look like a dick when i'm actually praising this show...

>4/10
>Praising the show
Do you meant praising the last episode?
Mar 2012
Aw, we didn't get to see Jibirl's teleportation powers but the Old Deus ending was a nice surprise that wasn't in the novels.

May 2011
Well, that was a pretty good ep with a cliffhanger ending. I just hope this gets a 2nd season and doesn't share the fate of other anime's with a big story that got only one season like C3 for example.

Jul 2010
Caleb8980 said:
GreenDrag said:

Actually by the end of the 3rd Volume I already guessed she would either be an Old Deus herself or close to one; because if you think about it: In a mere 50 years, ONE person changed the technology of a whole country, let them jump over the Industrial Revolution, into the IT age and over our current technological advance?

That is just impossible! We took over 120 years from the start of the Industrial Revolution till where we are now and we still don't have anything like a Virtual Reality Device.

She's not an old deus. She's a Miko. Therefore she's a medium to the gods, which are the old deus. So therefore she's just a body for the old deus.
Jun 25, 2014 9:42 AM

Feb 2011
You better buy this so S2 will happen.
Jun 25, 2014 9:42 AM

Dec 2012
10/10. I really enjoyed this series. Shrine maiden is so kawaii. I didn't expect that Sora calculated that far until the last game.

So others are saying that the last part about Old Deus is from Vol. 6 in LN? I'm craving for S2 now. S2 pls!
Jun 25, 2014 9:43 AM

Jul 2010
alexpte said:
Aw, we didn't get to see Jibirl's teleportation powers but the Old Deus ending was a nice surprise that wasn't in the novels.

Volume 6 has the Old Deus.
Jun 25, 2014 9:44 AM

Jan 2014
The same feeling I had when Hataraku Maou sama ended :(
Jun 25, 2014 9:44 AM

Jul 2010
Shaniyaz said:
Izuna went super op in her new form. That "Blood Destruction" ability of her was friggin' insane!
That double headshot was awesome. For a moment, I thought it was over. :O

Steph saves the day evening by taking Izuna out by surprise from behind. Nice work, Stephanie.
Loved the way Sora & Shiro explained their precise calculations. They even knew the old warbeast man was cheating, yet they took advantage of it and won!

Poor Izuna.. Nice seeing Sora & Shiro welcoming her as a gamer and thus befriending her. (^^)

Bath scene was cute with Shiro caressing on Izuna's tail. :3
Sora taking Steph's photo on burst mode as she slipped was hilarious! XD
Miko looked pretty hot in the tub! :p

Jibril once belonging to the council of Avantheim was a bit surprising!
Oho. Miko also seems very intelligent about what's going on around and behind the scene. The way she challenged Sora though!

Miko's precise calculations in predicting the coin toss landing on tails goes in vain in the face of Sora little trick. Genius!
That passionate Engrish tone of Sora when talking about the animal girl paradise. XD

Sora's "Checkmate" is a lot formidable in nature. How did he even think through this far? That old warbeast man dropped a cold sweat. XD
Miko's blushing was cute, calling the meanie and agreeing that both side has won. :3
Liked that 4 steps task schedule on the phone. I guess having Jibril was a huge help to jump from step 3 to 4.

Last segment with Sora & Shiro's nonchalant resolve to defeat Tet was great! They sure have enough hints for now but looks like Tet already knows everything.

Miko summoning Old Deus was an intensely awesome scene. How did [] figure that she would possess an Exceed rank as a shrine priestess? O.o

It's been a great ride. I'll definitely miss []'s epicness.. 9/10

She's a Miko for a reason. Miko's are mediums to talk to gods or catalysts for gods in Japanese culture. All Miko's should technically have a god.
Jun 25, 2014 9:45 AM

May 2012
Way, way overrated. Not saying this is a horrible show, as it did have it's enjoyable moments, but seriously 8.79 for this? What?
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Jun 25, 2014 9:46 AM
Mar 2013
Awesome! This season MASTERPIECE! 10/10 and 5/5 for this episode!

haven't been this entertained for a long time!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 25, 2014 9:46 AM
Jan 2013
Danpmss said:
kitkatxz said:

>4/10
>Praising the show

Just because I get give a low score doesn't mean i didn't like it... it doesn't have to be a 9, to show that i liked it. Yes, i was praising this episode i thought i made it obvious i was x.x, guess not
Jun 25, 2014 9:47 AM

Jun 2008
Caleb8980 said:
GreenDrag said:

That's actually a good point...
But I am almost hell-bent on blaming the Dark middle ages for the enforcement of backwards thinking, and who knows, we might be an inter-galactic empire by now, if not for that period of scientific stagnation. Point is, my opinions on that are heavily biased.
But yeah, in V4, them calculating her age might be another hint for that...
That sole revelation is making me see points and hints, that I was blinded to 'till now... damn...
Jun 25, 2014 9:48 AM
Mar 2012
Omnime said:
alexpte said:

Volume 6 has the Old Deus.

I know, but volume 3 didn't reveal them so early.
Jun 25, 2014 9:48 AM

Apr 2009
lightXTC said:
Way, way overrated. Not saying this is a horrible show, as it did have it's enjoyable moments, but seriously 8.79 for this? What?

You know what it is. I feel the same way you do but eh its MAL.
Jun 25, 2014 9:49 AM
Feb 2014
Omnime said:
Caleb8980 said:

She's not an old deus. She's a Miko. Therefore she's a medium to the gods, which are the old deus. So therefore she's just a body for the old deus.

Well hence I said she could be both, in the LN the last minute does not happen, instead that which GreenDrag said happens ;-)

But I think that this is a genuine spoiler and not anime-only :P

At least I wouldn't wonder if that matter came up in the LN in the future, too.

The only worrysome thing is, as GreenDrag said, how to continue in a possible second season; well the easiest would be sth like both sides (Old Deus and Shiro&Sora) only exchange greetings and then we continue with the end of Vol. 3/start of Vol. 4 ;-)

Jul 2012
kitkatxz said:
Danpmss said:

>4/10
>Praising the show

Just because I get give a low score doesn't mean i didn't like it... it doesn't have to be a 9, to show that i liked it. Yes, i was praising this episode i thought i made it obvious i was x.x, guess not

If you say so... :v

Jul 2010
GreenDrag said:
Caleb8980 said:

That's actually a good point...
But I am almost hell-bent on blaming the Dark middle ages for the enforcement of backwards thinking, and who knows, we might be an inter-galactic empire by now, if not for that period of scientific stagnation. Point is, my opinions on that are heavily biased.
But yeah, in V4, them calculating her age might be another hint for that...
That sole revelation is making me see points and hints, that I was blinded to 'till now... damn...

She's a Miko for a reason. The god was summoned, Miko isn't an Old Deus, she's a host.
Jun 25, 2014 9:50 AM
Jul 2018
It was the best episode so far.

Izuna looked so badass in her Blood Destruction form.

Miko at the end was epic. Sora and Shiro plan to challenge the Old Deus.
Pages (21) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

622 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 21, 5:21 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2014

294 by FarCritical »»
Apr 19, 11:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.