Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 23, 2014 4:38 PM

Sep 2008
Next week is either going to be a huge cliffhanger or it's going to rush the ending of the race. Either way I'm not so pleased. They did a good job with this part though.

Also the new character is an jerk, be prepared.
Jun 23, 2014 5:54 PM

Mar 2012
All that rambling trying to bring Hakone's mental down failed miserably, pftt..!
Keep moving forward
Jun 23, 2014 7:27 PM

Apr 2014
I am 1000% stoked for Love Hime Season 2. STOKED. new OP?

This episode was difficult to watch. I wouldn't say it was bad, but it was very negative. I'm not used to Yowapeda stewing in this much negativity.

Imaizumi though. Gambare. <3

Next week, next weeeeeek~
Jun 23, 2014 7:43 PM

Apr 2013
Midousouji ruined the inter high for me.. you're telling me this random first year won the first day and then won the springer stage + the mountain stage on day 2 ? lmao

my score went down from a 10 to an 8 only because of the inter high :/
Jun 23, 2014 8:07 PM

Jan 2011
The 2nd day of the inter-high has gone by pretty fast compared to the 1st. That season 2 announcement for Love Hime, lol. Btw anyone know how many eps season 2 will have?
Jun 23, 2014 9:22 PM

Nov 2013
Yep, this episode had a different feel compared to the others... but I think that it was still important to include it. Especially in sports anime, I love getting to know the opposite teams (although I was yearning for some Shohoku).
Can't wait for the last episode; I wonder how they're gonna cut it off (show down at the finish line at the end of the 2nd day?? or a massive cliffhanger?? geez lil bit of suspense there)
Jun 23, 2014 9:22 PM

Sep 2013
Midosouji :)

HAKONE ACADEMY IS STRONG!

Maybe they'll tie again? :(
Jun 23, 2014 11:28 PM

Jan 2014
I predict that the team coming at the end was Sohoku, not Hakone.
Jun 24, 2014 12:16 AM

Jul 2010
A new character mentioned for the S2 I guess.
Midousuji being a dick as always is hilarious.

So nothing for Souhoku? They will end with Kyoto Fushimi and Hakogaku?
Jun 24, 2014 12:27 AM

Mar 2010
Sourire said:
Midousouji ruined the inter high for me.. you're telling me this random first year won the first day and then won the springer stage + the mountain stage on day 2 ? lmao

my score went down from a 10 to an 8 only because of the inter high :/

I guess you like Kuroko - it's the same story. Bunch of random first years joined top schools and became aces in no time. Midosouji is like Generation of Miracles in KnB - a genius.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2014 6:04 AM

Oct 2013
I loled when after a whole episode of Fukutomi being presented as an asshole who abandoned his team, he just said: "We never had any dead weight."
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"

"Aah? Of course I won't miss!"

"My blood tastes like Iron."

"Run through the tape in life! Never give up! Run through the tape!"
Jun 24, 2014 7:45 AM

Oct 2009
Oh god, how I hate Midousuji... He pisses me off. Anyway, season II will have another character who is kind of crazy? I don't know, that would be bad for my nerves. Where's Sohoku btw lol.

you tellin me mangas aint japanese colouring books
Jun 24, 2014 9:33 AM

Sep 2013
where the hell is onoda and his team

Jun 24, 2014 9:57 AM
Nov 2009
eff you Midousuji. If I was one of his teammates, I'd throw my bike at his face.
Jun 24, 2014 11:19 AM
Dec 2010
I said it before, I will say it again, somebody please push Midousuji off a fvcking cliff. And if you don't want to kill the character, at least spread his a-hole-ness across more episodes. 15-20 minutes of Midousuji bragging and towntalking everyone is just too damn unbearable.

Can't wait for the episode in season 2 when we will get his backstory and everyone will be expected to go "Oh, he had a troublesome past, no wonder he turned out that way, I now feel sorry for him", should be hilarious.
Jun 24, 2014 11:49 AM

Aug 2007
Too much Midosouji, that guy is a nightmare. Such an annoyane. D:
Jun 24, 2014 11:59 AM

Oct 2013
Getting real tired of Midousuji's shit tbh, he talks so much and it all sounds like a gurgling toilet. I don't understand why the other teams even bother to listen.
Jun 24, 2014 1:33 PM

Mar 2009
velcom said:

Also the new character is an jerk, be prepared.

I had a feeling. He looks like one.

Fucking Midousuji. What is wrong with him?!
Jun 24, 2014 1:55 PM

Oct 2011
Hakone beat Midouji !!!!!
Jun 24, 2014 2:40 PM

May 2013
There goes Midousuji again, discouraging and destroying everyone's will to ride.
Really starting to like Hakone's team spirit and how they have each others back.
I really want to see Midousuji lose, no matter what the team.
Also, Souhoku needs more screen time :c
Last episode next week :o
Jun 24, 2014 5:40 PM

Oct 2013
ichii_1 said:
Maybe they'll tie again? :(

Nah.
Jun 24, 2014 6:11 PM

Jan 2011
I'm pretty sure that new character was for Love Hime season 2, did you guys miss the joke?
Jun 24, 2014 7:42 PM

Sep 2013
ReaperCreeper said:
I'm pretty sure that new character was for Love Hime season 2, did you guys miss the joke?

Yes, I did :(
I don't need another Midousuji this soon.
Jun 24, 2014 8:49 PM

Oct 2008
Getting real tired of Midosuji's creepy face and asshole attitude. My favorite part of the episode was the end clip, it's funny to see how much of a fan Imaizumi has become of Love Hime.

I hope the final end clip is Onoda, Taura, and Imaizumi all singing the theme song lol.
Jun 24, 2014 11:57 PM

Sep 2008
ReaperCreeper said:

As someone who has read the manga I can tell you that is not the case at all. He is a character who appears in the 3rd day of the interhigh.

The love hime season 2 thing was a joke though.
Jun 25, 2014 2:24 AM

Jan 2011
velcom said:
ReaperCreeper said:

As someone who has read the manga I can tell you that is not the case at all. He is a character who appears in the 3rd day of the interhigh.

The love hime season 2 thing was a joke though.

Well I'll eat my words then, lol.
Jun 25, 2014 11:59 PM

Dec 2008
It looks like Midousuji wants to ruin the show, not winning the Interhigh, he seriously talks too much, also his body movement is ridiculous, nobody can ride a bike at high speed in such a way. He is not believable in the least, just a psycho clown from outer space. A shame this good show has to rely on such an over the top villain.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2014 5:02 AM

Jun 2009
Midousuji might be a really bad antagonist of the show but you guyz don't realize what he is pulling off with such ease.

In the first day he was in the pack controlling the masses and then he unleashed himself like a bullet and not only caught up with the 2 strongest teams of the InterHigh but also almost won the first day by finishing in the same time as the aces of Sohoku and Hakone all by himself(!). He didn't have an assistant to pace him or push him before the finale and he still (almost) beat them. Then the 2nd day, he fought against Hakone's strongest sprinter, he won the sprint race then he still had the power to continue racing (unlike Shinkai who was so tired he barely kept up with the team) and all that while planning and lowering the enemy team's morale. Also, don't forget he won the king of mountain tag as well by forcing the Hakone's Mountain god to protect and pace their ace.

Strategy, morale control, crowd control and performance, all from a first year road racer!

He is outragously despicable for all the crap he is pulling and sure he will lose in the next episode because he didn't calculate some stuff correctly but he is still the strongest racer so far in the Inter High.
SenseiBanzaiJun 29, 2014 5:26 AM
Jul 4, 2014 8:43 AM

Aug 2008
FU*K, i swear i hate this episode.
what a torture! I really bored of that Kimoisuji trashtalking the whole time.
Nov 20, 2014 4:24 PM
Sep 2009
Midousuji just shut up! This is a sport anime, not who says more bullshit in one episode!

WAY TOO much talking in this show to the point that it is hard to watch -_-

And now that Midousuji is one of main characters, it gets worse with every episode... just crush him and make shut it.
Jan 7, 2015 11:59 PM

Apr 2012
Fukutomi actually had me worried for a while. It seems like their fall back was planned, but then why was Izumida so worried?

Either way, between Izumida and Ishigaki I was starting to be an emotional wreck lmao
on my way to steal yo girl
Jan 12, 2015 5:48 AM

Jun 2011
Officially fuck this shit. Midousuji is getting really annoying now, I don't care what backstory he has, he could get butt-raped by apes, get his whole family killed by aliens and I couldn't careless, I still won't feel sorry for him. He is ruining the show for me.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 12, 2015 9:36 AM

Feb 2015
Vindstot said:
Midousuji abandoning his teammates was expected. Though initially, Fukutomi's 'cold' attitude was a bit surprising.
I'm slightly upset there's no Sohoku.
Jun 18, 2015 9:18 AM

Nov 2013
Hakone Academy had NO DEAD WEIGHT to begin with!!!!
Sep 20, 2015 7:32 PM
Dec 2009
LittleStar said:
Almost whole episode without Sohoku?!

My thoughts exactly! And so close to the end... how are they going to wrap this up??

Nice to see that Midosuji's team is aware of how ruthless and crazy he is being...
Sep 26, 2015 12:09 AM
Sep 2, 2016 7:56 AM

Feb 2016
let me get this , kimusuji wa.....

You know what ? Forget about it , in a nutshell the anime is ruined by that fucker .
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Apr 14, 2017 5:57 AM

Jan 2015
Izumida being scared that sprinters are left behind :( I kinda knew that Midosouji will abandon his teammates, but damn he just ditched his sprinters, that made Izumida really worried. Shinkai is not so is tired he is more down from his loss earlier, that's why his head is down. Those 4 will catch up anyway, think they did in the end already. Hakone's ace simply abandoned them because he didn't want to let Midosouji get his way, he wants to follow them. and he kinda trusts his team to catch up. Midosouji you bastard if you really thought that Fukutomi is like you.

I understand how tough it was for Toudou not to race for a climb win, but he can't abandon his ace... Poor Toudou.
I love to see more Ishigaki thoughts, he is a nice guy, he wants to work as a team, just like Kinjou help his team members in difficult times, he really is jealous of Hakone's team when he saw them.4 veteran friends and 2 new guys all look like friendly team. But he admits that it's nice to win and he might be in the wrong as Midosouji's plans seem to work out all the time and now they are winning, but i understand that it's not kind of win he wanted. I don't think i would love to win this way to be honest, like what's the point, you get emotional after your wins and you want to cheer, but your psycho captain wants none of it. Also the feel when you win as a team is incredible, but he doesn't really feel like a team.
Jun 12, 2019 8:41 PM
Jul 2018
Midousuji has been entertaining despite all my frustrations at him, but I just can't like him because of how tryhard his character writing is and how blatantly overpowered he is. Fukutomi may not be the best at expressing himself, but he's steadfast in leading by example and his members are all strong enough to understand what he wants and not give up. "We have no dead weight to begin with." <3
Sep 19, 2019 5:53 PM

Sep 2018
I really want to punch the face of that creepy guy!
Ishigaki is nice, but letting that creepy guy join them makes him on the bad side. The only villain I hate in anime is this creepy guy, he doesn't have redeeming quality! It's so annoying to always see his face!!
Victory is nothing when you loss your friends, being greedy and want to always win is not good at all.
Jul 29, 2020 11:55 AM

Jul 2017
the best ep yet, if only every ep had Midousuji in it.
Mar 4, 2021 7:08 AM

Nov 2016
Yo these two guys left behind looked they were brutally raped lmao

Nice internal monologue from Kyotos former captain, Ishigaki. Lol @ Mizuta. How he's looking for approval is sad.

Midousuji still fucking with others, but it's really uncanny how he doesn't seem to have even a shred of symphaty. Tho people that are "hard to get to" have their own appeal.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 26, 2021 5:57 AM

Jul 2015
Got some real goosebumps there at the end even though I already expected the rest of Hakone team to pull up behind Fukutomi knowing that he doesn't see any member as deadweight

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2014

100 by Hoshiosora »»
Apr 29, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2014

114 by inveercique »»
Apr 15, 3:45 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2014

71 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 29, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2013

85 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2013

54 by L-S-M-F-T »»
Feb 23, 1:14 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.