Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 20, 2014 6:55 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Poor Future Lucy :(

The episode felt somewhat slow but we do get some moments with Rogue. And we get shadow Rogue as well urging him to kill Gajeel. Well...we'll see more of Shadow Rogue fighting. And I gotta say, he's got one nasty personality now.

Sup Gajeel.
Stark700Jun 20, 2014 7:30 PM
Jun 20, 2014 7:28 PM

Jul 2010
More than 10,000 dragons. The scenes that are similar to the OP.
Natsu trying to comfort and ensure the future Lucy.
Why is Future Lucy lying about the date she came!
Wonder where did Arcadios and Yukino go. Mira straight out said she don't care about the knight :D
Rogue admired/feared Gajeel as a kid.
Rogue's shadow possessing him? Made him turn evil. Those whispers and the corruption.
That dude with the dolphin was a complete clown. More damage to his own team than to Natsu. Those sweat and being exhausted xD
Iron Shadow Dragon!!!
Jun 20, 2014 7:39 PM
Sep 2012
Okay this was a good episode. It begins Rogue telling Gajeel he is not as Natsu, he is right, but still you don't say that, what is with Sabertooth they like to poke the bear.

So Future Lucy tells us of a grim future, 10,000 dragon holly crap, I love Natsu reactin with the wood and the nails, he is ready to go to war, bring on the dragons.

So what Future Lucy and what the princess is inconsident, someone is lying, could the princess be a villian? Or perhaps there is another explanation.

We got some awesome NatLu moments, and not to be forgotten, but also some Gajeel x Levy moments with how concerned Levy was for Gajeel.

So Rogue has a split personality, an evil shadow, what is the origin of the shadow, how did he get that shadow, we may never know.

So Arcadeus and Yukino disappeared, what happened, did they set Natsu and the others up?

And we got a filler character with some weirdo on a dolphin, well the dolphin's voice sounds famialr, I know I have that voice before.

Solid episode can't wait to see what Gajeel does after eating the shadow, and a battle of lightning. This is going to be awesome next week.
Jun 20, 2014 7:43 PM

Jun 2013
Gajeel is a iron mother f*cking shadow dragon. GG
Jun 20, 2014 7:56 PM

Nov 2012
Oh shit, the last time I saw Gajeel like that was when he fought Natsu. That's his Dragon Slayer Mode right?
Jun 20, 2014 8:05 PM

Aug 2013
Another slow episode. I wanna see Laxus/Orga and Erza/Minerva. I hate all these setup episodes, but Garjeel did look scary as hell this episode.
My Candies:
Jun 20, 2014 8:09 PM

Mar 2008
I feel sorry for the people calling this anime trash. Gajeel is bad ass looking after eating the shadows. Also, I can't help but wonder why future Lucy is possibly lying to them. Can't wait for the next episode.
Jun 20, 2014 8:20 PM

Sep 2011
I'm guessing there's good reasons for the future Lucy to be lying to everyone, even thought it seems it will not have the desired effect since ppl found out anyway.

And damn, dat Gajeel, ready to pwn some shadow puny dude. Great episode, looking forward to the next.
Jun 20, 2014 8:23 PM

Apr 2008
Matthz said:
I'm guessing there's good reasons for the future Lucy to be lying to everyone, even thought it seems it will not have the desired effect since ppl found out anyway.

And damn, dat Gajeel, ready to pwn some shadow puny dude. Great episode, looking forward to the next.

She's not lying and the translator's are making it worse with their choice of words
Jun 20, 2014 8:30 PM

Dec 2013
Good episode. I like the the whole mystery of future Lucy and Gajeel looks absolutely beast at the end! 5/5
Jun 20, 2014 8:32 PM

Dec 2008
Pretty good episode imo. They did a pretty good job adapting it from the manga if my memory serves me right.
Jun 20, 2014 8:36 PM
Oct 2009
Shaniyaz said:
Good episode. Nice knowing Rogue's real name and that he was Gajeel's former disciple too!

Actually, "Rogue" is his real name. He changed it to "Ryos" when he was young because he hated being called "Rogue", but later went back to using his old name after Gajeel joined Fairy Tail. Just a little trivia from the manga, nothing ground-shattering.

As for him being Gajeel's disciple, we already knew that since he was introduced. This is just Gajeel acknowledging it, which is just as nice, if not nicer.
Jun 20, 2014 8:37 PM

May 2013
Gajeel looks awesome!
Iron Shadow Dragon is soooo wicked!
If Natsu can do it, Gajeel can too.

Next episode is gonna be great. Gajeel vs Rogue and Laxus vs Jura and Orga.
Jun 20, 2014 8:39 PM

Jan 2014
Damn Gajeel looked intimidating during that last scene, this fight between him and Rogue should be really good, hope we get more background info between the two. We also get to see more Laxus next week, I'm all fired up!
Jun 20, 2014 8:47 PM
Feb 2013
rogue's shadow waxwing flash looks lame compared to the manga!!!!! i hate you production team"!!!!!!

gajeel's iron shadow dragon mode looks epic though"
Jun 20, 2014 8:58 PM

Apr 2014
The ending of this episode is exactly what I've been waiting for! So hype! The animation for it looks great as well.
Jun 20, 2014 10:02 PM

Jan 2011
I can't help but think this is one of the best arcs in both seasons, even though it has been slow at times there is enough mystery here to keep me interested. And Gajeel's form at the end there was awesome. The new character designs are really working well.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 20, 2014 10:08 PM

Aug 2012
Badass Gajeel incoming
Jun 20, 2014 10:35 PM
Mar 2014
I have my fingers crossed for the next cap to have a good fight and with good duration.

And in this chapter we know that Future Lucy is not Lucy, Jellal and Arcadios knows, what she´ll be planning?, and who is the true identity of her? someone related to Zeref?
Jun 20, 2014 11:02 PM

May 2013
That filler character was so damn random lol. A guy connected with a dolphin wtf.
Jun 20, 2014 11:04 PM

Jul 2013
Another slow episode. Feels like they're really dragging out this Gajeel vs Rogue fight.

Don't care much for this arc, didn't like it in the manga and I still don't like it now.
Jun 20, 2014 11:15 PM
Aug 2008
Pretty good episode. I'm happy that they finally used some of the old OST. :D The art for next week's preview looks very nice. It almost reminds me of the old anime's art, especially that Natsu shot~
Jun 20, 2014 11:28 PM

Mar 2013
that gajeel. thumbs up 4 awesome.

Ahhh, that future lucy acts too mysterious.

That dolphin thing. wth. Rathr than the scene's attempt to be funny, I was laughing at how random that was. It didn't even work. That part didn't feel like filler at all, it was just weird.

Besides that I loved this episode.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Jun 20, 2014 11:43 PM

Jun 2013
Nalu ftw as always and gajeel the badass. cant wait for the next ep
Jun 21, 2014 12:03 AM

Jun 2012
Well that opening has severely lost it's impact seeming as so much of it it cut and paste form this episode.

Gajeel looks badass I have to say
Jun 21, 2014 12:24 AM

Jun 2013
Iron shadow dragon looks so freaking badass. I'm so excited for the next episode.
Jun 21, 2014 12:26 AM

Jun 2012
Xenovius said:
That filler character was so damn random lol. A guy connected with a dolphin wtf.

Yeah what the hell was the point of that?
Jun 21, 2014 12:41 AM

Sep 2013
Holy shit! Mega-badass Gajeel is finally here! Next week cant come fast enough!!!!

Also, maybe its crazy but I think "future Lucy" is actually a disguised Zeref or underling who wants to use Eclipse to open a portal to 400 years ago to bring forth all the dragons.
Jun 21, 2014 2:02 AM

Feb 2012
WTF Gajeel looks so badass. Damn Fairy Tail....you did good.
Jun 21, 2014 3:04 AM

Jun 2014
The episode was okay, really hate that their dragging things out and the slow progression. Must say, the art for Gajeel was just superb, really liked it!
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds that darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”
Jun 21, 2014 3:08 AM

Oct 2013
That Iron shadow dragon looks so strong,and that guy on the dolphin xD

Jun 21, 2014 3:15 AM

Apr 2008
sfn27x said:
I have my fingers crossed for the next cap to have a good fight and with good duration.

And in this chapter we know that Future Lucy is not Lucy, Jellal and Arcadios knows, what she´ll be planning?, and who is the true identity of her? someone related to Zeref?

She is Lucy.
Jun 21, 2014 3:52 AM
Oct 2013
Darklight0303, you don't really have to keep spoiling things left and right... Some people may be looking forward to seeing the plot twists in the anime rather than being told about them beforehand.

Anyways, the episode was pretty cool. Animation was great, the new art style finally fits stuff... but that Dolphin thingy? What the, lol
Jun 21, 2014 4:01 AM

May 2010
Gajeel's iron shadow form was the only worth-seeing thing in this episode, rest felt off.

GMG arc looks the best at first but then it grows a beard. Its too long and development isn't as epic as some of earlier arcs. Its the worst imo with all the forced romance and some bad nakama (mostly Natsu) fights. Characters like Sting were ruined.
Jun 21, 2014 4:25 AM

Jan 2013
Wanna see Rogue and Gajeel fighting now ^.^ and I think old Rogue name is cool, after their fight he should use Raios as his name
Jun 21, 2014 5:22 AM

Apr 2008
miskos3 said:
Darklight0303, you don't really have to keep spoiling things left and right... Some people may be looking forward to seeing the plot twists in the anime rather than being told about them beforehand.

Anyways, the episode was pretty cool. Animation was great, the new art style finally fits stuff... but that Dolphin thingy? What the, lol

Kinda have to when the freakin translators are doing a shoddy job making the princess say she instead of THAT person. That will only make people cry bullshit and plothole when the blame lies solely with the translators
Jun 21, 2014 5:43 AM
Aug 2013
Darklight0303 said:
miskos3 said:

Kinda have to when the freakin translators are doing a shoddy job making the princess say she instead of THAT person. That will only make people cry bullshit and plothole when the blame lies solely with the translators

IMO, you are spoiling a bit too much with what you have said so far in this thread. I understand your frustration, but it's probably better to complain about the translators after the reveals happen. You might not feel it anymore (and neither did I since I have read the manga), but I do remember there was quite a bit of tension surrounding future Lucy. What you've said destroys that tension.

Of course, you can still mention that the translators are messing up without spoiling anything. Just no more reveals about Lucy though, ty.
Jun 21, 2014 5:44 AM

Apr 2012
Darklight0303 Just leave it as it is. People will find out so you don't have to spoil.
Jun 21, 2014 5:51 AM

Apr 2008
Tendou-kun said:
Darklight0303 Just leave it as it is. People will find out so you don't have to spoil.

And then they'll cry foul and blame mashima. Meh
Jun 21, 2014 6:01 AM
Nov 2008
Darklight0303 said:
miskos3 said:

or maybe the translators just want to make the English not sound clumsy by using "she" instead of having Hisui's translated lines say "THAT person" 50 times in a scene? (Yes I'm aware Hisui does actually say 'THAT person' in her lines)

Literal translations doesn't always lead to good translations, Mr. weeaboo.
Jun 21, 2014 6:11 AM

May 2014
The Iron Shadow Dragon ... so cool! I wonder if dragon slayers can combine 3 elements. The fight Gajeel vs Rogue is great up to now. :D

And what is with that guy on the dolphin? That was pathetic.
Jun 21, 2014 6:26 AM

Apr 2008
Kenzor said:
Darklight0303 said:

or maybe the translators just want to make the English not sound clumsy by using "she" instead of having Hisui's translated lines say "THAT person" 50 times in a scene? (Yes I'm aware Hisui does actually say 'THAT person' in her lines)

Literal translations doesn't always lead to good translations, Mr. weeaboo.

But in doing so they change the flow of the plot. Going from that person to SHE has plot repercussions. So it's not flubbing excuse to make such a change. Nothing to do with Mr Weaboo
Jun 21, 2014 7:19 AM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
miskos3 said:

You better spoiler tag this post. And read the mod notice in previous thread - what you just said counts as spoiling.
Jun 21, 2014 7:56 AM

Mar 2014
Good ep , was waiting for it. A good 4/5 Gajeel was awesome. I will drop this series after Gajeel vs Rogue, but i will be back just to
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Jun 21, 2014 8:51 AM

Dec 2013
Strongest Fiore Mage my ass.. that was so unnecessary. Dark Rogue is here!! yay
Gajeel fucking badass. I'd like to see more of Meldy tho :(

a_cloud said:
Good ep , was waiting for it. A good 4/5 Gajeel was awesome. I will drop this series after Gajeel vs Rogue, but i will be back just to

It will be censored as hell tho ;d I doubt it will happen at all actually.
Jun 21, 2014 10:37 AM
Mar 2014
Darklight0303 said:
sfn27x said:

She is Lucy.

Well i didnt read the manga, i just was guessing, but thanks for the spoiler?
Jun 21, 2014 10:53 AM

Apr 2008
sfn27x said:
Darklight0303 said:

She is Lucy.

Not really a spoiler. For example think about this. There are two dragon slayers there and both have sharp noses. Natsu has even detected Ultear's true form back on Galuna. You're honestly telling me you believe that a fake would fool that kind of nose?

It's simple logic. Nothing more
Jun 21, 2014 11:14 AM

Jul 2013
Best Fairy Tail filler ever.
NYANPASU~!
Jun 21, 2014 12:10 PM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
sfn27x said:

Not really a spoiler. For example think about this. There are two dragon slayers there and both have sharp noses. Natsu has even detected Ultear's true form back on Galuna. You're honestly telling me you believe that a fake would fool that kind of nose?

It's simple logic. Nothing more

YEs it is a spoiler. AS already explained in previous thread.
Jun 21, 2014 12:27 PM

Jul 2013
Gajeel looks so much cooler in the anime than in the manga.

That random dolphin guy was extremely unnecessary though -___- If they really wanted to end it at Gajeel's transformation, at least make the earlier tussle between Gajeel and Rogue a little bit longer. Heck I'd even rather see Natsu's team fought the soldiers longer instead of seeing that random anime only dolphin freak.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.