Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 7, 2014 3:05 PM

Apr 2014
I expected yobanashi deceive, outer science then summertime record. Honestly I'm disappointed.

The cover was good but the cgi animation.. eh.
Red is the color of a hero
Jun 7, 2014 3:28 PM

Jun 2008
Graffiti Rangers was nice.

Hoping there'll be a second season with Outer Science and Yobanashi Deceive episodes. I read from somewhere that Jin said that Kuroha would appear quite a lot but I don't know whether that's true or not.

I seriously need to read more about Kenjiro.

And still not enough Seto.

Although Otsukimi Recital has one of my favorite PVs I can't see how they'll fit it in now.

Will probably rewatch some of the last episodes again later.
Jun 7, 2014 3:31 PM

Aug 2012
I think they might be trying to push for a new season somehow, as summertime record makes much more sense as a last episode, and children record could be trying to introduce that the end is only the start?
I think SHAFT will retouch everything up for the dvd release like they always do, but airing a series at an alpha stage just turns most people off and is kinda lazy
-The blade of the forefather who introduced the spirit of the roundabout-
Jun 7, 2014 3:46 PM

Jun 2013
Intro made me laugh, the episode made me almost cry and the ending had my jaw draw. Love this episode and after manga leaving me in the dark this is some great development, or is it ? T_T)

@Reply on my profile, rarely check back forum threads

HummingBird | DeviantArt | MAL | MML

Jun 7, 2014 3:48 PM
Jul 2018
The little Ayano was cute. It was nice to hear about Ayano's past. I felt bad for her, that her mother had passed away.
Jun 7, 2014 4:00 PM

Aug 2012
honestly was a really good episode
the opening just made it look really bad
i hope this is fixed in the bds
i want more konoha ;(
Jun 7, 2014 4:19 PM

Nov 2011
just release the full version of the no longer vocaloid songs then I´ll call these even Jin or shaft.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Jun 7, 2014 4:20 PM

Oct 2012
The opening was...ugh. The rest of the episode was actually quite good and then there was that cliffhanger
Jun 7, 2014 4:30 PM

Feb 2013
Ok....odd opening aside, that was AWESOME!!! That fucking ending?!?!
Jun 7, 2014 5:02 PM
Jan 2014
The opening might've been dissapointing, but the final scene of the episode sure wasn't.
Jun 7, 2014 5:25 PM

Aug 2013
That's it.
At this point i don't really care if they fucked up the rest of the songs or whatever, i just want to see the ending of this shit since it takes a different route from the manga/LN.
Jun 7, 2014 5:30 PM

Jan 2014
Worst opening ever lol. Other than that, it's a fine episode
7/10

TheNumber1Tony said:
renzbiohazard said:

They're not doing Summertime record or Outer Science?
No! Shaft

D; I was looking forward to those two songs. The CG was very unexpected, but the cover was beautiful.

Wait wait wait. So you're telling me that Children Record is the last episode? Which is basically the opening song of the entire Kagerou Project series??

Season 2 ?? :D
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
Jun 7, 2014 5:33 PM

Oct 2013
Hey the songs are different; I agree, but there are some good ones. I LOVED Yuukei Yesterday. Omg that one was so good. LiSA did a great job on that one. This cover wasn't so bad either. It may not be what people expected, but it's not bad

And it's great that a lot was cleared up in this episode
Jun 7, 2014 5:38 PM

Feb 2014
It's all starting to make sense, thank God.
に触
祟ら
りぬ
な神

Jun 7, 2014 5:43 PM

Dec 2013
As said already, I don't even at that opening. I was worried the rest of the episode was going to be like that..

Good ep though, kind of disappointed we're not getting an outerscience episode but moon-viewing recital/summer time record should be good.
Two more to go.
Jun 7, 2014 5:49 PM
Feb 2014
I'm slightly surprised at the very mediocre stats for the poll for this episode. I thought it was quite good... sure the OP was weird, but it wasn't horrible, and the rest of the episode felt nicely done, and cleared a whole bunch of things. Suspense n intrigue were nicely built in this episode, and Ayano's story was nice.

The only reason I can think of why ppl hated this episode was bcos they were totally disgusted with the song that was adapted... as to whether they were disgusted bcos the adaptations did not meet their expectations (which could've been too high or too narrow) or whether it was bcos the song was way better and evoked more feels (like kagerou days, which I agree was not as amazing in the anime compared to the original song), I can't tell bcos I didn't watch this parricular song... I honestly think it was a decent OP, and the CG was jus a an annoyance that didnt really ruin my experience...
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jun 7, 2014 5:57 PM

Oct 2010
Yay.. they explained stuff.
Jun 7, 2014 7:00 PM

Dec 2009
I got one word to summarize that load of CG in this episode: YUCK

Other than that, it was a very good episode. ^^
Jun 7, 2014 7:02 PM
Dec 2012
Wind_God_Girl said:
Worst opening ever lol. Other than that, it's a fine episode
7/10

TheNumber1Tony said:

D; I was looking forward to those two songs. The CG was very unexpected, but the cover was beautiful.

Wait wait wait. So you're telling me that Children Record is the last episode? Which is basically the opening song of the entire Kagerou Project series??

Season 2 ?? :D

12 Episodes isn't enough
Jun 7, 2014 7:08 PM

Aug 2013
the story begins to make some sense, but still has much to explain
in this episode gave to see how Ayano is cute, I'm curious to see the reaction of Shintaro in the next episode
entering the final straight of the anime, I hope all the doubts are clarified going forward and has a good ending, it will surely be one of the best of the season
will be possible to be a happy ending for everyone?
Jun 7, 2014 7:15 PM

Jan 2011
despite this episode being good i spent most of my time trying to forget that opening existed
Jun 7, 2014 8:14 PM

Jul 2012
So Mary is most likely the monster's child.

Great episode!!!
Jun 7, 2014 8:15 PM

Apr 2012
i liked the black and white animation with the journal narration. Still a very strange anime o_o.

Jun 7, 2014 9:14 PM

Jul 2010
Laughing forever at that CG opening. It was totally distracting -- I could not stop thinking about it as the important back-story stuff was going on. Geez.
Glad some explanations are coming in, and also that the CG did not last the whole episode.
Jun 7, 2014 9:25 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
oh dear god
that opening... was like an mmd of Aku no Hana
ughh so uglyyy
The cover was beautiful, but not as amazing as Yumeko's cover.

THIS WAS A GIANT INFO DUMP
I learned so many new things in this episode. It was so nice. Though they never showed how Ayano came to be in the Daze/alternate universe.... eh.
I still really enjoyed this episode, kid Kido is adorable and we learned a lot about Ayano's mother. I thought Kano and Ene would be off on the wrong foot... but they still seem like good buddies. Kano knowing where Takane's body is though.. kimochi warui...

Kuusou Forest is next o/
MORE SETOMARY
SETOMARY IS LIFE
yessssss
gimme that SetoMary.

Shinigami Record. I love it. I loved the black and white illustration. I love the colorful puppet like feel from the ending. Shinigami Record is getting adapted beautifully.
Jun 7, 2014 9:30 PM

Sep 2010
What was happening with that CG. I couldn't stop laughing god. They ruined it for me, I ws supposed be be sad not laugh my ass off. Aside from that it was a good episode. I just wished they had done the rest/best part of the song (without CG).

The line art for those drawings were beautiful though. Every different drawing was unique and overall stunning.

Zelot said:
Kuusou Forest is next o/
MORE SETOMARY
SETOMARY IS LIFE
yessssss
gimme that SetoMary.
yesss
animeoshiriJun 7, 2014 11:50 PM
Jun 7, 2014 9:39 PM
Dec 2011
I think the CGI was used to portray Ayano's childhood innocence. The CG had the very childish cartoony kind of feeling to it and I feel like they felt that was the best way to portray her innocence as a child. (not saying they handled it the best way possible, just that they may have thought that was the best way)
Jun 7, 2014 9:47 PM

Dec 2010
This is certainly a show that grows on you! It's slowly pulling me into its web of complexities, and I'm enjoying every minute of it. In that regards, this was a fantastic episode. It answered some questions, and asked more, much like a good show should!

The opening song was beautiful and very fitting for the series. The animation was a rather odd choice though. It might be to try and match the lyrics to the mouths better.
Jun 7, 2014 9:50 PM

Mar 2012
The bit in the OP (original) with Mary and the scales makes some sense now.

This episode's OP though...
Jun 7, 2014 10:01 PM

Aug 2012
That opening scene was really weird
Jun 7, 2014 10:12 PM

Mar 2014
This episode really was interesting. I thought the professor was truly an evil man plotting behind the scenes.
Jun 7, 2014 10:37 PM

Aug 2011
Good god what did they do to the song sequence? I would have much preferred if they had just put in the actual MV

I do like the mind blowing info as the puzzle comes together, but I can smell the pace quickening/rushing because that was a dump of info. I like the pace it had so far, it would make me sad if they had to speed up and gloss over things.
Jun 7, 2014 10:41 PM

Dec 2013
This episode was okay~ Showed some insights to their father's power. Never thought he'd be the "snake". Strange episode. The beginning song telling their story was really unique in a way. I can't say i disliked it nor can I say i really liked it. Hopefully in the last few episodes we can actually see some romance and people meeting the ones they love. Oh and the last part about the cyborg girl seeing her own body (it was her own body right?) was kind of wow O.o 4/5 from me~
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Jun 7, 2014 10:42 PM

Feb 2012
I actually don't mind how SHAFT is producing the storyline (._.)
They made it pretty easy to understand, while keeping that whole "mind-blowing-plot-twist" aspect intact, like in the original series :p
Reality is better than memories.
A reality where I exist and you're right here next to me.

-Yano Motoharu
Jun 7, 2014 10:49 PM

Jan 2011
Look at all these losers who can't handle CGI.
Jun 8, 2014 12:39 AM

Mar 2009
ReaperCreeper said:
Look at all these losers who can't handle CGI.

You mean shitty looking CGI?

The OP was so awkward. SHAFT GONNA SHAFT.
But hey, at least I understood the episode this time!
Jun 8, 2014 12:56 AM

May 2010
Ayaka showed up. Okay, I loved "Ayano's Happiness Theory's anime vocals but...

Shaft (and Jin)! What the hell you guys did to my Ayano???!!! I am losing my hopes completely in this adaptation...

I did find the rest of episode interesting. I am pretty sure now that Ayano was Kano's first love/ crush and that's why he said that he didn't want to see Shintarou while disguised as Ayano. And they found Takano's body... God, this could be soooo amazing....
TragicRomanceJun 8, 2014 1:08 AM
Jun 8, 2014 1:58 AM

Feb 2013
Bikdu866 said:
Darcsen said:
I guess I'm the only one who thought that the opening was fine? It had something cute to it with the song.

I thought it was fine aswell... Maybe Sidonia no Kishi inoculated me to CG anime.

I would think that as well, but I still REALLY didn't like the opening, even though the it working with the song made it really wonderful.

This whole series has a real strong grasp on alternative styles of art and I am only now just understanding parts of the story. There seems to be something ominous here.
Jun 8, 2014 2:07 AM

Feb 2012
the beginning was....wtf
the rest of the episode was really good
he trolled about being haruka??? Got me me good.
Jun 8, 2014 2:30 AM

Jan 2011
Mormegil said:
But hey, at least I understood the episode this time!

Here's another thing I don't get, this story isn't deep or confusing in the slightest.
Jun 8, 2014 2:35 AM
Aug 2011
i'm REALLY hoping they cover

and wow the OP was horrrrible. not only was the animation terrible (u could do better on the SIMS but it was pretty inaccurate too, like kido's hair was NOT that long back in the past, it was short like it showed later on. i though these animated versions were supposed to be BETTER than the original PV -.- such a shame, its my favorite song too

but other than that this ep was great story-wise, lots of explanations and stringing the different characters' stories together

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ZelotJun 8, 2014 5:05 AM
Jun 8, 2014 4:02 AM

Oct 2013
those pencil drawing panels were amazing
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 8, 2014 5:14 AM

May 2013
Lmao, the first part was like "Shinsekai yori?" In my mind maybe because of the eyes? And the brightness?

Welp, time for some backstory and ASDFGHJKL. TAKANE'S BODY?!
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 8, 2014 5:42 AM

May 2013
Woah. That start got me off guard.
Mr. Tateyama had powers as well. I was a little surprised by that.
I didn't understand when Shuuya said that one of them is carrying the queen.
Ene's body is at the school?! Out of words on that one.

Great episode! I like the endcards.
Jun 8, 2014 6:46 AM

Jul 2008
The opening to this ep was pathetic. (for a professional company anyway.) It was like they took a long weekend with MMD and called it good enough. Just..... what??? o_O"
I literally had to pause it after the opening sequence just to say "That was f***ing pathetic." (and during I was wondering what happened to their budget) before moving on with the ep. For a little while I had dreaded that they had somehow blew their budget and the rest of the ep would be that poorly animated CG crap, but thankfully it wasn't. (Say what you will about the animation in the series, but it is better than the intro to this ep.)
Jun 8, 2014 7:19 AM

Dec 2011
Good ep aside that fucking CG
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 8, 2014 7:51 AM
Mar 2014
I didn't know the story. Mind blowing :D I liked the change to black & white when they show the story of the monster. For last two episodes it wasn't clear to me what is happening.Now it's epic. I want to know more what are the powers that they all have. This is where fun comes from! And be yourself in the place of that mother , scary , very scary! And SHAFT is playing with us :D
Jun 8, 2014 8:15 AM

Oct 2013
Was surprised by that hideous CG in the opening. But apart from that, it was a pretty good episode. Now we know a bit more about Ayano and her family.
Jun 8, 2014 8:55 AM

Sep 2011
LOL the first part is CG
That's so weeeeeird since I watched this after Knights of Sidonia XD

shintaro is so dense lol
pew pew pew
Jun 8, 2014 9:24 AM
Aug 2013
3/5 for making me laugh
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.