Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Saki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 27, 2009 11:30 AM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was a great show. First two episodes almost drove me away, but I stuck with it. And the rest of the series was awesome. They have to make a second season. Absolutely have to.

Sep 27, 2009 11:35 AM

Jul 2009
I REALLY don't like the 3 last minutes.

for me, it may mean no sequel... because of lot of spoiler of tyhe national

but this episode is still great

5/5
bruh
Sep 27, 2009 1:30 PM
Jul 2018
It was a great episode, even if it was all about fanservice. But Saki's "trauma" about her sister made me really looking forward to the nationals.
And the last minutes, wow. That looked freakingly incredible. NEED 2nd season NOW :v
But was that okay showing off the future characters and a bit of their abilities? I hope they still have connection to Kobayasi for that.

My current mood want me to increase the score, but 9/10 should be enough, keeping some bad episodes in mind. This last episode should be rewatched on DVD :P for that wtf onsen in the morning^^
removed-userOct 3, 2009 12:15 AM
Sep 27, 2009 1:49 PM

Sep 2008
and its over, with too much spoiler information for me ,but now we now that there are 3 teams that mustbe feared, specially the one with onne-chan
cant wait for season 2, and the dvd release of this chapter....hope there is one...(drolls)

poor suga-kun, he should have wet with them so he could be labeled as a man with a super harem like negi-kun(MSN) or ikuto(NA)
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Sep 27, 2009 2:01 PM

Feb 2008
Yes I can't wait for the season 2, it really must become a season 2. I don't have hear any news about being season 2 or it be cancel so we don't know anything yet.

Teru don't even bother looking in the face at the person when she said she doesn't have a sister.
She looks kind of desperated while saying that but maybe it just me.
We already knew Saki will know about her sister sooner or later.

Saki-san | Nodoka-chan

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 27, 2009 2:04 PM

Sep 2008
The moe and fanservice was great and all, but last episode was a waste.
ED was interesting. miko~
Sep 27, 2009 2:08 PM

Feb 2008
The spoiled a bit of the national but I don't think that do nothing, next season will be National I hope. :P

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 27, 2009 2:30 PM

Sep 2008
When I started watching this, I had no idea how enjoyable watching Mahjong could be... wait I didn't really watch it for the mahjong...

I never noticed all those 4 schools each had a glasses girl.
The ending part was great though; seems like Yuuki gets pwned by Teru... I'm officially a Teru fanboy from now on. =3

That priestess girl with that short hakama isn't bad either...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2009 2:51 PM
Sep 2009
At least the manga is continuing again soo i guess a few more chapters like another 50 before the next season will come. i mean the last few doesn't really mess with the manga at all doesn't disturb anything in it.
Sep 27, 2009 2:56 PM

Feb 2008
I wasn't expecting a total fan service episode for the last episode . . .
Sep 27, 2009 3:33 PM
Jun 2008
Momo x Yumi in onsen: Where was the kiss/grope/sex scenes??

Nodotits x Saki elevate from "Miyanaga-san! Haramura-san!" = Why aren't they married yet??

Hisa x Kyaputen love-love = RAGEWHERE!?!?

Wahaha x Wahahamobile = match made in heaven and WHERE?

Epilogue: Future multi-hax in store!?

Nonetheless, satisfying conclusion to a pretty fun series.
Sep 27, 2009 3:36 PM

Aug 2008
Looks like there's going to be a second season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2009 4:59 PM
Aug 2009
im sorry but the way it closed up near the end was steaight up bad ...usually u end at the end of an archive not at the start of the next...
Sep 27, 2009 5:45 PM

Nov 2007
tehnominator said:
Momo x Yumi in onsen: Where was the kiss/grope/sex scenes??

Nodotits x Saki elevate from "Miyanaga-san! Haramura-san!" = Why aren't they married yet??

Hisa x Kyaputen love-love = RAGEWHERE!?!?

Wahaha x Wahahamobile = match made in heaven and WHERE?

Epilogue: Future multi-hax in store!?

Nonetheless, satisfying conclusion to a pretty fun series.

I lol'd when I read this xD
Sep 27, 2009 6:13 PM
May 2009
At the end it says "We're jut getting started"

WTF If you're gonna make a second season MAKE IT CLEAR, the scenes at the end say "we're not making episodes for these stories" but the last screen says "look forward to more"

I don't know what to believe T_T
Sep 27, 2009 6:27 PM

Apr 2008
I dont really like fan service .. i rather they go to the story plot ...
Waste of the last episode ...

But not a bad series =D like to having a 2nd season xD haha

Sep 27, 2009 6:30 PM

Sep 2008
orangehouse said:
I dont really like fan service .. i rather they go to the story plot ...
Waste of the last episode ...

But not a bad series =D like to having a 2nd season xD haha
What would you have wanted?
Sep 27, 2009 7:03 PM

Jul 2007
It felt like those hints were fully telling us there WILL BE a second season [soon]
Sep 27, 2009 7:16 PM

Jun 2008
Here is some information that might help EVERYONE:

GOOD NEWS: Regardless of Saki's rating and popularity here on MAL, Saki was a pretty good success in Japan in terms of popularity and DVD sales. In fact in a survey of the most interesting anime of Spring 2009, Saki was #3. (http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/07/09/dengeki-top-2009-spring-anime-rankings/). All of this is important if there is to be a second season of Saki.

BAD NEWS: The Saki anime has pretty much caught up with the manga, in fact the last episodes were pretty much anime-only episodes not found in the manga. In other words if we want to see a good season 2 with non-filler plot, the manga needs time for more material (I would guess a minimum of 2 years), also Saki was produced by GONZO, this is pretty much the worst thing imaginable for the future of another Saki anime,Gonzo is in a lot of FINANCIAL problems and this could be a road block for a future series.
Sep 27, 2009 7:25 PM

Jul 2008
Love the ending and the way they tease us with all these scenes that haven't been properly introduced yet. Oh well, Saki remains my second favorite series of the Spring 2009 season and I definitely wasn't expecting this show to even be remotely good before the Spring season aired.
Sep 27, 2009 7:34 PM

Nov 2007
God the episode was hideous.

The credits and National tournament teaser were great, though.

Teru using Zabaniya on Yuuki. Good End.
Sep 27, 2009 7:36 PM
Oct 2007
That ending. I want 2nd season now!! Miko + Mahjong = Future win.

We got flower storms, flood, thunder, lightning, black-out, sparks this season. What are we getting next? Earthquakes and maybe even some black holes. XD
Sep 27, 2009 10:53 PM

Jul 2009
i'm sure Touka can become a ping-pong/table tennis idol xD. She's more skilled at that than mahjong.
bruh
Sep 27, 2009 11:07 PM
Apr 2008
The best part of this episode were the Momo scenes, especially when she's wearing the cardigan. :)

Other than that, I have relatively high expectations for the next season and I'm going to have to find new favorite characters as Hisa is the only constant.
Sep 28, 2009 12:30 AM
Mar 2009
GODDAMMIT! HOW THE FUCK DID I KNOW?

Oh wait, cos it was SO FRIGGIN' OBVIOUS!

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, I mean that Kyou got left behind AFTER Hisa made him go get all the supplies for the trip. Goddamn president.

Now, my feelings on the episode and the series as a whole:

1. Lesbian feelings are everywhere, but then, that's the whole thing about this series.

2. Touka says 'ping-pong is for commoners'. Yeah fucking right, she's the best one there.

3. They blacked out Saki's and Nodoka's boobs during the entire hot springs scene, guess that's something reserved for the DVD's...

4. I've only just noticed that Saki is dark skinned because of her standing next to Nodoka at 9:48... what the hell?

And after that things just go down hill for the season. So a great series all round, but the last 15 minutes were bad.

Next season will probs start around the same time this one did, or, failing that, in Summer of 2010, when it's set.

Sep 28, 2009 1:21 AM
Sep 2007
Didn't really learned much about mahjong, but, it was entertaining series, nonetheless.
Sep 28, 2009 4:49 AM

May 2008
lol this show was awesome, love the series

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 28, 2009 5:12 AM

Aug 2007
Well, what did you guys expect for the last episode. It practically passed the manga( I believe they just finished final match of the tournament). And GONZO had to end it their style, which nobody likes. I really loved watching Saki even though I always called GONZO a bunch of failures. The only reason they did a good job was cause they followed the manga closely.
Sep 28, 2009 7:32 AM

Nov 2007
That was a moderate episode.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Sep 28, 2009 7:58 AM

Nov 2008
Aw, it's over. The overall show was a good watch. This last episode.. not so much. It felt too much filler-like, and what with all those hotspring scenes, AGAIN. At least the dvd-buyers will be able to enjoy the whole cast naked.

A second season would really be in place now. All I want to see is Saki kicking ass against her terror sister Teru in the nationals. Those closing scenes of the ending with the old OP song, yay, were very promising! Soo.. see you in 2 years? (1 year?)

7/10 overall. Some episodes were too much filler and unnessecary fanservice.
Sep 28, 2009 8:02 AM

Nov 2008
UruseiNeo said:
WTF If you're gonna make a second season MAKE IT CLEAR, the scenes at the end say "we're not making episodes for these stories" but the last screen says "look forward to more"

I'd like to see them as 'previews' for the next season..
Sep 28, 2009 8:26 AM

May 2009
Ending contained too many spoilers. :(

last.fm|twitter|facebook (yeah right)
Sep 28, 2009 8:44 AM

Apr 2009
I'm going to miss this show. Really hope there's a second season.
Sep 28, 2009 9:22 AM
Feb 2009
an ok ending concluding an ok anime. i gave it 8/10

nothing much this episode, except for those three who are aiming for kaori got themselves owned by godly newbie luck once again XD

p.s. the ending? i wont expect to much from it, the higher the expectation, the bigger the disappointment
oblivious is a bliss
Sep 28, 2009 9:52 AM
Jul 2018
kei78 said:
i'm sure Touka can become a ping-pong/table tennis idol xD. She's more skilled at that than mahjong.

Sep 28, 2009 10:01 AM

Jan 2009
Nice anime and nice ending though i still didn't quite understand how to play mahjong until now.

I think there will be a second season but maybe until the manga end and that's if GONZO haven't gone bankrupt
Sep 28, 2009 10:37 AM

Sep 2008
Wow, what an amazing series. I'm glad I stuck with this series and kept watching it. I always get goosebumps when they say Miyanaga Teru. I can't wait for season 2! ^^
Sep 28, 2009 11:11 AM

Feb 2008
exactly where were they carrying the cash to buy those little key chains?

season two looks like will be interesting. probably soon given the fanfare they gave it there at the end.
Sep 28, 2009 12:24 PM

May 2009
Nice end to a show I at first was a bit skeptic about, but started to like after the first few episodes. Just goes to show you that sports amine don't have to be bad at all, if done right.

Good job, GONZO. Now, don't let us down by going belly-up before season 2, ya hear?
Sep 28, 2009 4:13 PM

Feb 2009
I totally disliked this episode. They fanserviced the whole way through and then completely sped through the point of them getting together ---- the training camp!

Saki running away but actually not being incredibly angry was a less-than-perfect way to give the girls hinted yuri time, but they definitely made me mad with the "we're lesbians, but then we're not lesbians". I still don't understand why they do it, but it was just alot in the finale and then have us wait for a couple months.

I think the best part was the end, the teaser dragged on a bit and maybe told more than it should've, but I'm glad they're making a sequel, this show is really great even if they don't know how to end an anime properly.

Sep 28, 2009 4:16 PM

Jun 2008
So glad this show is over. If there's a second season, I probably won't watch it
Sep 28, 2009 4:29 PM

Feb 2009
hirahira said:
So glad this show is over. If there's a second season, I probably won't watch it

Ahahaha, i wish i could say the same thing, but the moe keeps bringing me back. xD

Sep 28, 2009 4:34 PM
Mar 2009
kisami said:

season two looks like will be interesting. probably soon given the fanfare they gave it there at the end.

Nodoka flashed him XP

Sep 28, 2009 4:36 PM

Dec 2008
for some reason i loved this show, even though i know nothing about mahjong. and i didn't feel anything for alot of the characters (loved the president, tho. <3) but i just had to keep watch and i did enjoy watching them play mahjong. i wonder how the next season is going to be.

Sep 28, 2009 4:53 PM

Jun 2008
I really want to see a second season >< from the scenes at the end it looks like nationals is going to be CRAZY AWESOME
Sep 28, 2009 4:58 PM
Dec 2008
SECOND SEASON WHERE!?!!?!?
Sep 28, 2009 6:42 PM

Oct 2007
i liek how da steem dispeard behind the pres az shee walked butt alwayz stayd n front of hir... oh wait, what am I saying.
Sep 28, 2009 7:29 PM

Sep 2008
kisami said:

The ever-present female pocket of course. :p

I liked the majong, and most of the couples didn't annoy me, but the main one, the fact that it started because of Nodoka's breasts just irritates me.

Even if GONZO does go belly-up though, I doubt someone else'll refuse to make it. It had a seemingly large following. Hayate the Combat Butler had different companies making the first and second season.
Just waiting for the announcement.
Hope there's less emphasis on the couple through >.<

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Sep 28, 2009 10:55 PM

Aug 2009
I don't know if there's a second season, but the only thing I want to watch is the final match between Miyanaga sisters.

Sep 28, 2009 11:12 PM

May 2009
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU NO MORE HISA ;_;
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know this character from Saki ?

lunalee1294 - Apr 9

2 by lunalee1294 »»
Apr 10, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Saki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Plate - Apr 19, 2009

72 by Losthevy »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Saki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Plate - Apr 5, 2009

155 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 11, 2023 12:02 AM

» Is this interesting enough for me???

Sylpheed - Jun 30, 2009

4 by removed-user »»
Jan 16, 2023 9:15 PM

Poll: » Saki Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Blackbird - Jul 5, 2009

56 by 0ni_Link »»
Mar 27, 2022 6:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.