Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 11, 2014 6:17 PM

Jun 2012
I wish this gets animated. It was just too good.

And yoooooooooooo! His name's Killer Cage! That's so damn beastly! I just loved this. Too bad it's over now. Hopefully it gets a sequel.
Jun 11, 2014 6:47 PM

Jan 2011
tingy said:
ReaperCreeper said:

It's still rushed.

So the LN felt rushed too then, right? That's kind of what I meant, that it might've been because the source material was rushed too. But of course that doesn't mean an adaptation can't make it better...

No I mean even if the LN is short the manga adaption is still rushed. The LN never really felt rushed just short.
Jun 11, 2014 8:54 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
ReaperCreeper said:
No I mean even if the LN is short the manga adaption is still rushed. The LN never really felt rushed just short.

Oh I see, so it's solely the manga's fault in its execution of the plot then. That's unfortunate.
Jun 15, 2014 6:56 PM

Sep 2011
I really liked it, I really like the ending even though its not much of an ending. Only thing that really bother me is 2 things, 1 is that i dont really get how rita could tell keiji was in a loop that time she talks to him on the battlefield, and 2, i dislike how we didnt see keiji fight off the mimic after rita's death, it could had been pretty epic had we seen him destroying them all on his own after what he went through.

I give the series a reluctant 8, but still an 8. It may go down in the future but i enjoyed the read.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 15, 2014 11:50 PM

Apr 2010
JizzyHitler said:
i dislike how we didnt see keiji fight off the mimic after rita's death, it could had been pretty epic had we seen him destroying them all on his own after what he went through.

Yeah, the novel didn't cover it either, it just told us Keiji was so filled with rage he didn't even remember killing so many Mimics after Rita died and people had to tell him how many he killed.
Jun 16, 2014 9:09 AM

Sep 2011
AICW said:
JizzyHitler said:
i dislike how we didnt see keiji fight off the mimic after rita's death, it could had been pretty epic had we seen him destroying them all on his own after what he went through.

Yeah, the novel didn't cover it either, it just told us Keiji was so filled with rage he didn't even remember killing so many Mimics after Rita died and people had to tell him how many he killed.
See thats just badass, its a total waste of a really memorable moment to not actually show us that. Also i just got back from seeing the movie, Man this ending is 20 times better than the really standard ending the movie had.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 16, 2014 9:53 PM

Oct 2013
This is how you write manga.
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 17, 2014 6:45 AM

Aug 2013
Aw, too bad they couldn't stay together in the end.

Well, in any case, this manga was a brilliant and enjoyable ride.
9/10 from me

awesome.
Jun 20, 2014 10:18 PM

Apr 2012
duderus said:
So sad... i can't believe she died D:
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 30, 2014 7:08 AM

Mar 2012
Aw that ending was quite sad.
Jul 20, 2014 9:55 AM

Oct 2012
Good manga overall, ending was pretty stupid. 8/10
Jul 29, 2014 10:47 PM
Nov 2013
Is it for sure that there will be no continuation? The ending seemed like a direct lead into a sequel. I know the story was all about getting out of the loops and what not, but there is still a war going on. We still know nothing about the mimics other than a little about how they work.
Jul 31, 2014 12:19 PM

Oct 2011
This was a decent read, all things considered. The ending, while bittersweet, was handled in a realistic manner, and I respect it for that.

Sep 20, 2014 10:33 AM

Feb 2014
Starcraft-themed manga with an interesting concept. It was enjoyable, though it was rushed. 7.5/10
Oct 20, 2014 8:46 AM

Jul 2012
Needed more. Doesn't do that well in the manga medium. Would rather see this animated.
Nov 5, 2014 7:04 PM

Aug 2012
I can totally see this as a movie adaptation. But I really do feel it was rushed. Overall, it was a pretty sad but enjoyable manga.
Jul 26, 2015 12:21 PM

Feb 2012
A really solid manga. Glad I stumbled upon it's existence after watching Edge of Tomorrow.

9/10, for sure.

Though much more bittersweet then the movie adaptation, I felt this ending was much more realistic.
"The speck of fear grows in your eyes
You'll meet your death in no disguise
It may come as a small surprise
There will be no compromise for you"

- Nikopol Lyrics, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Aug 23, 2015 4:18 PM

Sep 2014
underrated, loved the art. I'm going to borrow the Edge of Tomorrow in the library and see if it's good compared to the manga.

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
Oct 28, 2015 12:32 PM

Sep 2014
It really bothered me how she tried to sneak a first blow on him, I started hating her in the last chapter lol..
Dec 12, 2015 3:02 PM

Jul 2010
Amazing short series, but it had sad ending not just like the original movie.
Jan 2, 2016 1:21 PM

May 2015
I am so confused. There is still SO much that was left unexplained, and I don't get why it had to be him to survive. Then he fell in love with her after a day. Like, what?

Good series. I would have given it an 8/10, but since I was left so confused, I'm giving it a 7/10.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Jan 29, 2016 1:27 PM

Jun 2013
It was a good read but I wish it'd be longer.
Art was amazing, as expected from Obata.
7/10
Apr 8, 2016 2:36 AM

Apr 2009
The_Deceiver said:
It really bothered me how she tried to sneak a first blow on him, I started hating her in the last chapter lol..

She most likely was trying to save Keiji from having to fight her and the burde of killing her/defense humanity
Apr 14, 2016 7:27 AM

Jan 2014
I would love to see this animated, too.
It felt a bit rushed, but I liked the story.
May 29, 2016 6:49 PM
Mar 2016
Nice ending. A good and short manga.

However, in page 4, the mc says "rita could it be, when i die" that i didn't quite understand
Jun 21, 2016 7:27 AM

Jun 2008
Edge of Tomorrow was SOOO much better...

Unlike the movie, this is very rushed, there's several things that are simply not explained, while I don't mind Rita dying, I do mind the way they rationalized her death.

I mind how they don't fully introduce Rita until the second half of the story and we're supposed to feel that the Main Characters develope a love connection over TWO chapters??

WHAT?!?!

In Edge of Tomorrow we understand the romance because the MC gets to fully know Rita over all the times they train and try to complete their mission.

At one point Tom Cruise's character tries to do the mission on his own because he's tired of watching Rita die....it affects him in a big way.

We don't get that here....hell we barely get any interactions between the two characters.

We don't know what the Mimics are, why they are here, and what they ultimately want.

The art is Sooo good, and I liked the characters, and the story....

But the execution is lacking.
Aug 26, 2016 12:39 PM

Jan 2007
Well, this turned out better than expected, I mean as a whole, superb artwork and really interesting premise, this chapter alone was just ok however, the battle was great but I don't really like the reason why one of them had to die, feels pretty bullshit, just to get an emotional impact in there at the end, oh well.

Also, ending wise, I don't think either the movie or the manga had a really good one, but as a whole, the movies was better for me, had some dark humor in there, I felt the romance made more sense and plenty other little details made the movie more enjoyable to me. Will rewatch the movie, I doubt I will read this again however, maybe the novel.
Sep 6, 2016 5:02 AM

Jan 2012
eh what happened did he die cuz of coffee

Oct 6, 2016 11:21 PM
Apr 2014
Well, I knew it wouldn't end on a happy note. Though I can't say I was expecting that. I do feel like this could have been better if it was a bit longer. I know it was based off the novel, which I haven't read. Yet I feel like they could have done a fairly good job at adding more to the story, while it still being a rather faithful adaptation. Which I'm unsure if it was a faithful adaption or not. All in all a 3/5, ending felt way to abrupt and it didn't feel like an entire story to me. Wonderful artwork though.
Oct 12, 2016 1:01 PM
Jul 2018
Sad finish :c
I love this manga
Dec 23, 2016 3:25 PM

Oct 2014
Engaging story and amazing art. What else could a man want? Shame it was that short.
Feb 10, 2017 3:05 PM

Mar 2016
I'm trying to even imagine what would've happened in Keiji died instead of Rita. The loop probably would've still happened for him, as he's died countless times already.

I think Rita knew the only way to escape the loop was for her to die and no one else.

Sol_Ou said:
I wish this gets animated. It was just too good.

And yoooooooooooo! His name's Killer Cage! That's so damn beastly! I just loved this. Too bad it's over now. Hopefully it gets a sequel.

It probably won't be. Thank that godawful bastardization Tom Cruise movie for it.
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Jul 19, 2017 6:46 AM

Jun 2015
The end was kinda weak considering the dynamite beginning. But all in all it was an excellent work.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 26, 2017 4:29 AM

Jan 2015
Why did rita have to die :((
Was a good read, but wish it had a happy ending.
Feb 4, 2018 8:58 AM

Feb 2015
This was a very enjoyable read, I wish it was a bit longer to flesh out some of the other characters but overall I'd give it an 8/10.
Apr 15, 2018 9:29 AM

Sep 2017
Good one. 9/10. The manga was done with good art and good moments, but Edge of Tomorrow improved upon it a lot more. Didn't get what the antenna stuff was about, but I am sure that just like in the manga, in the movie, Bill Cage became an antenna himself.

I am pretty sure that the movie was itself adopted manga style at times, just like this one.

Atleast the LN gave rise to a great movie. One of the finest Light novel adaptations to a movie. Tom Cruise should seriously act in some more LN adaptations.

Got to check out the LN when I have the time. RIP Bill Paxton.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 5, 2018 2:00 PM

Apr 2014
damn this manga was pretty good. the guys that freed him and let him collect his medal must have been super high up (and probably related to the people that did experiments on ritas brain) since he did still kill a fellow soldier
Aug 18, 2018 12:14 PM

Aug 2017
The ending was so sad. RIP Rita T.T
The art gave me nostalgic Death Note vibes, especially the hair. And when Keiji realized what was happening to him.
But considering that the mimics found a way to kill of Rita so quickly, wouldn't the same happen to Keiji sometime after the story finished? Who's the mimic who comes up with all the strategies? Ugh, this needs a sequel.
-insert wise old moosy adage-
Oct 13, 2018 6:43 PM

Nov 2016
Chapter 17 - Sky Blue

So they did sleep together that day, there's only one bed there. Obata art is pretty good, I liked the story too even tough is rushed. And the characters are pretty good too. The setting seems rushed but is still enjoyable. Overall a great experience. Wanting to see the movie now and see if it's better or worse.

8/10
Nov 12, 2018 7:34 PM

Nov 2016
Pretty easy and enjoyable read. Great concept, unfortunately it wasn't utilized to to it's fullest, still had way more pros than cons. The ending was memorable and tbh, I had to hold back tears, even tho there was hardly any time to get invested in their relationship, but the bit we got was well done.

7,5/10 overall. Would like to give an 8, but it's rather a 7 due to the minor shortcomings.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 12, 2019 7:33 PM

Jul 2016
I cannot believe the amount of people praising this manga!! Unbelievable!

The relationship was forced and the aliens' motives were not explained at all. Aside from the art by Takeshi Obata, everything else was average or below. Interesting concept, but bad execution.
Jul 1, 2019 11:43 AM

Jul 2017
Optigisa said:
I cannot believe the amount of people praising this manga!! Unbelievable!

The relationship was forced and the aliens' motives were not explained at all. Aside from the art by Takeshi Obata, everything else was average or below. Interesting concept, but bad execution.

i agree on the relationship being quite meh, they should have gave us more time to see how kiriya slowly develop feelings for rita

tho i have to disagree on your second point as the alien motives are acually kinda stated, they are simply to poison the earth for humans and make it beneficial for them which is presented as a theory and not a sure fact.
i think the less we know about the aliens the better especially for such a short series as it creates a sence of fear of the unknown. junji ito for example never explain things about the monsters in his stories which in turn make them more horrifying.

and as much as i liked the art, the action pannels are confusing af which make them hard to follow .

it could have been much better if it wasn't too short.
Jul 24, 2019 2:21 AM
Mar 2016
I thought this will be the better version of movie, but turns out the movie is way much better than this shit. Art was good but the world felt janky and empty. The fights were okay-ish. Characters were bad bad bad. Rita should've been the mc rather than that yet another edgelord.

Maybe it could've been better if it were a little longer.

I wish i could loop back the time i wasted reading this.
Aug 10, 2019 12:35 PM
Jun 2017
The ending felt a little rushed. This entire series felt like a prequel. I've never seen the Tom Cruise movie or read the light novel but this was enough for me. I love this artists other series too, his art is so good. 8/10
Aug 18, 2019 6:38 AM

May 2016
This manga was quite the experience! Even though it was only 17 chapters, it still managed to be just as great and enjoyable as other really good manga that span hundreds more. It's tragic that they weren't able to find a way to get out of the time loop together but it's nice that Keiji's hard work finally paid off. It's Killer Cage's turn to take on the mantle of being the world's hope in the Valkyrie's stead.

Rita can finally rest in peace after having done so much for humanity alone and experiencing the feeling of love and relief at her very last moments. The final series of pages were absolutely heartwrenching and beautiful that I couldn't help but tear up over it regardless of where I was reading. Loved it!

May 16, 2020 9:57 PM

Mar 2020
nice ending, glad they didn't make them both survive - one always has to die- and escape the loop. Overall, good short story
“Life is a constant process of dying.”
May 30, 2020 9:55 PM

Nov 2018
Those short chapters already implied that it'll a bitter ending. But i still kept hoping that it'll be a wholesome one. I really hate bitter endings god damn it (T_T)
Aug 18, 2020 12:05 AM
Nov 2019
It was a perfect ending for me. They don't have to show what happens afterwards. I like it better when there is a cliffhanger like this. Sometimes you don't need a definite answer.
Dec 17, 2020 4:02 PM
Dec 2020
Very well made manga, but i did not like the ending
Dec 17, 2020 7:18 PM
Jul 2018
This manga was on my "to read" list for a long time, so I decided to read it today. Takeshi Obata's art itself made it worth reading. Even if time trivel/loop is a repetitive theme in manga/anime, the story was good. I'm glad only one of them survived
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» How many pages

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 15

5 by Anime_God_King »»
Mar 17, 5:57 PM

Poll: » All You Need Is Kill Chapter 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2014

31 by artheart634 »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:17 PM

» Meta-reference to All You Need is Kill

LazerBeams01 - Apr 17, 2023

1 by YahiyaX777L »»
Apr 18, 2023 1:32 PM

Poll: » All You Need Is Kill Chapter 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2014

25 by marvinioh »»
Feb 1, 2023 6:42 AM

Poll: » All You Need Is Kill Chapter 15 Discussion

KumaKing - May 19, 2014

14 by Albino-52 »»
Jan 18, 2023 1:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.