Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 3, 2009 8:19 PM

Apr 2009
MystikSk8 said:
Sucks that it is over, I like it. I just wish I had a PS3 so that I could play the game. I also thought it was messed up that they didn't mention Faldio at all after all that he had done, you would think they would have honored him in some way.

Also, did anyone else see Jaeger walking through the background at the train station? I thought Maximilian shot him?

I totally had to go back and check that scene out. didn't even see him passing by there with his bag. Glad he is not dead i just wished that Selviria would have liked him and not stupid Maxamillion. Good satisfying ending. hopeful for a second season but if not im content with this.
Oct 3, 2009 8:29 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
at least you got a kiss scene....

with the exception of Faldio's forgotten death, the ending was pleasant. But really, I can't believe people forgot Faldio :/
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 3, 2009 9:02 PM
Mar 2008
5/10

It was badly done. Horrific when compared to the game. They wasted too much time on fillers such that the last few episodes were too rushed.
Oct 3, 2009 9:25 PM

Jul 2007
The PS3 version ... Faldio kills Maximillian with suprise buttsecks

And the anime version... Faldio suicide thinking he did it ftw ... but no one gave a crap lmao
Oct 3, 2009 11:58 PM

Aug 2008
wakka9ca said:
at least you got a kiss scene...

Much much better than the one displayed in Spice & Wolf.

That kiss shut up Alicia's raging hormones... that could have nuked the whole area to smithereens. XD

wakka9ca said:
with the exception of Faldio's forgotten death, the ending was pleasant. But really, I can't believe people forgot Faldio :/

Nobody cares about Faldio. XD
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Oct 4, 2009 12:03 AM

Jul 2009
KyuuA4 said:
wakka9ca said:
at least you got a kiss scene...

Much much better than the one displayed in Spice & Wolf.

That kiss shut up Alicia's raging hormones... that could have nuked the whole area to smithereens. XD

wakka9ca said:

Nobody cares about Faldio. XD
I don't care about him XD
Oct 4, 2009 1:43 AM
Mar 2009
CkretAznMan said:
How's Jeager alive again?

There was no footage of him being shot; there was only the sound of a gunshot. Speculations are that he was hit in a non-vital part and that he was treated afterwards. It is also possible that he was prepared for it, given his smile just before the shot, as if he was to say "you can try if you want to".
Oct 4, 2009 3:23 AM

Nov 2008
Afrolukas said:
Don't know why but the ending was a bit disappointing.

For me, it was because Faldio died and nothing more was said about it. Like he was some second rate character. Oh shit =(

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Oct 4, 2009 3:58 AM

May 2008
i was wondering why nobody mentioned Faldio, still i loved this show, 9/10

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 4, 2009 4:42 AM

Oct 2008
At last good and satisfying ending! Would be perfect if Faldio didn't die in such rushed manner, I wonder why they had to kill him at the very end...

Very good anime 8/10 but +1 thanks to the ending so 9/10 in overall.
Oct 4, 2009 9:31 AM

Dec 2008
-9/10.

It was all going fine and dandy until they killed Faldio.
At first I was like, "Oh, they'll give him honor and a few tears at the end."
SO THE WAITING BEGAN.
Maximillian dies.
Oh, they'll honor him when Alicia and Welkin walk out.
They walk out.
Oh, they'll honor him before everyone goes on their ways.
Everyone goes on their ways.
Oh, they'll honor him after everyone has had their turn.
Everyone has their turn.
Oh, they'll honor him when Alicia and Welkin walk out.
Here it comes, here it comes,
Welkin talks about sacrificies, and for the first time I feel HAPPY because they will honor him.
"ISARA AND THE OTHERS".
GOD, WHAT THE FCK WELKIN. I KNOW ISARA WAS YOUR LITTLE SISTER IN ALL, BUT PLEASE. ALICIA SAY SOMETHING ALREADY. DID WELKIN EVEN TELL ALICIA THAT HE DIED? IS ALICIA TOO INTO WELKINS ABS AND BOD TO REALIZE THAT THE GUY WHO LIKED HER FIRST, SAVED HER AND EVERYONE ELSE IS DEAD?
I WILL NEVER WATCH ANOTHER ANIME FROM YOU, ANIME CREATORS. GOD

So then, I see the game end. This automatically makes me happier because Faldio dies in an even MORE heroic way, in FRONT of them this time. Maybe now you'll use your brains, kids, and realize that the whole reason your alive is right in front of you.
But, THAT ALSO MAKES IT WORSE.
BECAUSE FALDIO DID ONCE AGAIN NOT GET AN ENDING. JESUS
I GOT EVEN MORE MAD WATCHING THIS BECAUSE THIS TIME THEY ACTUALLY KNOW HE DIED AND THEY ARE NO MORE CARING ABOUT IT THEN THEY ARE IN THE ANIME. THE ONLY RECOGNITION HE GOT IN THE GAME AT THE END WAS IN THE PHOTO WITH THE OTHERS. WAS THAT EVEN HIM?

So, as you can see I do not like this anime. At least, not the end.
What pisses me off the most is that Isara got a whole over 9000 episodes for her death, got Welkin crying for the first time in the anime, got everyone crying, got a grave scene, got everything else and she WASN'T EVEN A MAIN CHARACTER. SHE DIDNT EVEN MATTER. ISARA DID NOTHING BUT STAND THERE AND SHE GOT MORE OF A CARING THEN FALDIO EVER WOULD HAVE GOTTEN.

Okay, I'm off now chip chip cheerio.
you are my master.
Oct 4, 2009 10:01 AM

Aug 2007
Faldio. ;_; So it ends. Well, it was to be expected. Squad 7 + Faldio rescue Gallia. At least Jaeger is still alive, but still... Faldio. T_T

At least there was a kiss.

I guess I'll stick with my 7/10.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Oct 4, 2009 12:29 PM

Nov 2008
YuukiHime said:
-9/10.
*rant*

It's understandable for the anime. But for the game...Faldio isn't a main character. He's not playable, and he doesn't appear as often as he does in the anime. Isara's there in the squad and doing things, even if it's not much, and she has an added story that leads to some important stuff at the end...you'd really need to play or watch the whole game to get it.
Oct 4, 2009 6:47 PM

Apr 2008
Not a bad ending xD give it a 8/10 xD

Oct 4, 2009 6:52 PM

Jan 2009
the last scene of the game's ending reminds you/us of late Isara, who died tragically in this warfare
that's why, that was so expressive and touching.

but on this anime, because there wasn't enough time to do it, i felt this ending is kind of halfway
Hana-keiOct 5, 2009 2:58 AM
Oct 4, 2009 8:25 PM
Jan 2009
kariohki said:
YuukiHime said:
-9/10.
*rant*

It's understandable for the anime. But for the game...Faldio isn't a main character. He's not playable, and he doesn't appear as often as he does in the anime. Isara's there in the squad and doing things, even if it's not much, and she has an added story that leads to some important stuff at the end...you'd really need to play or watch the whole game to get it.

Exactly right. There is no Faldio x Alicia romance in the video game, you never see any of his Squad 1 members, Faldio never shows up to comfort people or give advice. Also, the game has different circumstances concerning Faldio shooting Alicia. Faldio is imprisioned and Welkin doesn't forgive him. Faldios sacrifice was more or less his way of saying sorry. So no words really needed to be said.
Oct 5, 2009 2:15 AM

Dec 2007
why o why did they change so much, come on, the story in the game was so epic, it almost made me cry, but the anime was so poorly made, i dont know why i didnt drop it earlier :S
i didnt even see the plane that saved alicia and welkin in the end of the game
the battle with Maximilian in the game was hard but in the anime is like, LOL i hug u, u die haha
welkin didnt actually propose to her, no flower ring no anything he just said i like u or love u
no alicia bread wagon.
and no little isaara (alicia and welkin daughter, yes they name her exactly like welkin sister ) at the end, WTF...
4/10 for me cuz the animation graphics looks exactly like the game and look cool if not this would be a 2/10
i dont know why people giving this 7 or 8, i am sure none of them got the game a play it to the end, if they actually saw the story in the game they will give a low rank just like i did
GrumpyFeloOct 5, 2009 2:31 AM

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Oct 5, 2009 2:33 AM

Dec 2007
Hana-kei said:
the last scene of the game's ending reminds you/us of late Isara, who died tragically in this warfare
that's why, that was so expressive and touching.

but in this anime, because there wasn't enough time to do it, i felt this ending was kind of halfway

ending is halfway...

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Oct 5, 2009 10:53 AM

Jan 2009
Still, Faldio's homing bullets are cool xD I mean, he doesn't even move the rifle but he still hit two guys xD..
And it's also pretty fun how the good guys always seem to have better aim than the bad guys xD

Oh Maximillian is still so awesomely bad, I gotta say it's good to be bad, at least in his case : >

Pfft Faldio, fool, gone and blown yourself up. Nothing like that's worth dying for.

...wait.. wat? Ahahah~ Maximillian is still a cool guy, even though he resorts to things such as man-made Valkyrian weapons x)

Hmm .. Cool, someone says "Mazui!" in every anime everywhere : D Always someone who has to say it x)

Awwww Maximillian died : ( Oh well, he died while being evul : >

Hahah... Welkin turns away, begins to walk, and then.... Turns back and jumps through the fire.. Unexpected, huh? xD

Harr harr harr happy ending, kthnx.
Although that could've been made in a better way.
I guess I'll just have to play the rest of the game now, since I've been having it on hold for a few weeks now.

So then, two more things to mention, why did Welkin's clothes only begin to disintegrate on the upper part of his back?
And when Alicia and Welkin come walking back towards the squad, Why do they looks so delirious?xD As if they've been smoking funny things while on their way from the .. big.. ship-like.. thing : D..

Nevermind, I'll rant a bit more.
Edy and Homer? O.o That's just a no-no.
Although Hans is cool x) And Zaka too I guess : p
So then, Rosie lost her hatred towards the Darcsen? Well obviously : p
Also, that onepiece dress does not fit on Alicia.

And with that, another of the animes I've been really late with watching is concluded, that's all from me, またね
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 5, 2009 12:37 PM
Mar 2009
So...Faldio dies just like that? At least he helped them in the game by destroying the generators that were giving Maximillian his power, AND dragging Maximillian and himself into a pit. Here he just dies by going kamikaze against a couple of throwaway soldiers and is ignored for the rest of the episode...just goes to show how rushed the end was.

Other than that, IT NEEDS AN EPILOGUE! The end didn't really feel like an ending because everything finishes in like the last 5 minutes of the show.
Oct 5, 2009 3:51 PM

Jan 2008
i dont know why but the ending seemed a bit lacking, though i did greatly enjoy it. i was glad to see that faldio was removed from the picture too, he was annoying.
Oct 6, 2009 1:20 AM

May 2008
I actually thought the episode was fairly decent. There wasn't any doubt that Maximilian is going to be the final villain, so it's good to see him having some good weapons. Alicia and Welkin in their reunion is alright along with the kiss^^ Also, I was expecting them to kill off Faldio considering he has had more focus then Welkin and Alicia is going to end up with Welkin anyway.

Everyone at the end finding there normal life, kinda romance in a way ^^

I enjoyed the first ED <3

Overall i gave this series a 8/10
Oct 6, 2009 1:50 AM
Jul 2009
It wasn't brilliant but still an entertaining and enjoyable episode. The only real problem was how no one mentioned Faldio and how undramatic and quick his death was.

Valkyria Chronicles was never a brilliant anime but it was entertaining and enjoyable good fun. It has some pacing issues and a few random filler episodes but the character's and the scenarios they faced were always intriguing enough for me to continue, It wasn't an EPIC grand finale but I wasn't disappointed either.

All I can say is that the acting and the directors made what could have been a boring and cliched series interesting. Valkyria has many problems including a boring villain but the people who made this anime added something to the characters that made them more likable and in turn more interesting. Valkyria had something special about it that made it stand out of the pack.

I give this episode and the show 8/10.
Oct 6, 2009 3:42 AM

Apr 2009
greenmush said:

^This

now... i need to find a place that sells the game... MUST. BUY. GAME. AND. CLOCK. IT.

the jaeger surviving was ok... can be overlooked... if he had crutches or w/e it would've been better and more believable...

i want a season 2... but it's not gonna happen imo =S
Oct 6, 2009 4:40 AM

Aug 2009
Anyway, the ending is ok. I was feeling that it's gonna be a happy ending, and it is. Btw, this anime is quite predictable, yet Faldio's death(I'm not sure he is dead or alive), and a glimpse of Jaegar is not expected.
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Oct 6, 2009 11:55 AM
Jan 2009
I felt this show took a nosedive as soon as Alicia's power awakened. I had enjoyed it up to that point. Leaps of logic, poor direction, laughable execution. It lost all the charm it had in the first half. Welkin's character did a 180 from atypical to typical anime hero, and the whole obligatory love triangle thing put me off for several eps.

Bah, anyway this series was a disappointment for me after a promising start.
Oct 6, 2009 3:15 PM

Jul 2008
hmm decent ending i guess
was planning to just give it a 8/10
but after some research and looking at the game
i felt that it could have done a lot better and get a 9/10from me
but nu the anime has it's own ways
final score from meh - 7/10

Savage1 said:
greenmush said:

^This

now... i need to find a place that sells the game... MUST. BUY. GAME. AND. CLOCK. IT.

the jaeger surviving was ok... can be overlooked... if he had crutches or w/e it would've been better and more believable...

i want a season 2... but it's not gonna happen imo =S

btw someone mentioned that there is very little Faldio in the game and he appears not too often
sry to disappoint ya?
Oct 6, 2009 6:41 PM

Sep 2009
This was a somewhat satisfying ending. I thought it was more dramatic in the game though with the plane and everything......plus the fact that the plane was partly built by Isara. And where's little Isara?
Oct 6, 2009 7:18 PM

Jun 2008
Loved the ending, it did move a bit fast, but felt more than satisfying. I guess Faldio died, not really much was mentioned.

Time for Welkin and Alicia to start a new life together.
Oct 7, 2009 11:01 AM

Mar 2008
As for Faldio, remember he was beeing charged with (kindnapping of the princess) but Princess Cordial said she was going to get him off those charges, But the shooting of a friendly officier remainded (But I thought he'd get a light sentence if Captain Varrot stepped in and if Alicia testified it was accidental)

Sadly its unknown what happened to him. Hes begiven alot of hate, but I thought of him as an interesting character to the series, His fate was the betrayers card I refer too, He betrayed his country in order to save it.

I sorta happy Jaegan was still alive, but I would like to at least know how he got away/survied. imo he was the best character on the Imperial side. If only Selevaria would open her eyes and see that he'd make a better man to protect. Would of been nice if he had defected to gallia and *replaced* General Damon O_o

The series was having ups and downs, I was really enjoying it until just past midway thu, then when the squad abandoned Alicia, I hated it, now they all apologetic and stuff, but the damage is already done. It took the realistic from it.

Would of also liked to have seen the Edelwess take a much better role in the fighting, it was a superior tank afterall.

As for the darcen calamity, I really glad I solved that ages ago. At least I solved something right before the answers were revealed.

As I like my rankings of anime., few episodes ago I was ready to give this a 7 because it failed on exciting action (for being based of a turn based strategy game) and the dialog had become messed up. ima consider a bit more how it ended if I change my opinion of it.

Honestly, after just having watched Full metal Alchimest, it blows Valkyria Chronicles out of the water. Tho that recieved a 9 from me. Plus Selvaria should take notes on Lt. Hawkeye how to be a proper guardian ;)
MarlsOct 7, 2009 11:05 AM
Coming soon!
Oct 7, 2009 10:29 PM

Aug 2007
It was a good ending. Finally Welkin MAN UP. lol.
i felt bad for Faldio though, how come no one cared for his death? He died to save Alicia. =(
I loved the ending, how it showed all the characters aftermath.

9/10, one of my favourite for the spring season!
Oct 8, 2009 5:33 AM

Jan 2009
tttm said:
how come no one cared for his death?

I say he was only good for the developement of other characters, such as Hans ...wait O.o
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 8, 2009 6:47 PM
Feb 2009
i always h8 endings lol, and faldio died???
Oct 12, 2009 1:22 PM

Feb 2008
Pros:
- Decent final fight
- Great Kiss scene
Cons:
- No one cared for the real hero of the show: Faldio!

All in all it was an average show for me: 6/10
Oct 12, 2009 1:47 PM

Jan 2009
FTGT said:

Cons:

So? He died, no use in caring about him anymore : >
Oct 12, 2009 3:25 PM

Feb 2008
Oosran said:
FTGT said:

Cons:

Whatever. Show is over... no need to care about it anymore :P
Oct 13, 2009 3:39 AM

Jan 2009
FTGT said:
Oosran said:
FTGT said:

Cons:

Whatever. Show is over... no need to care about it anymore :P

Indeed, right you are : > Time to finish the game too : D
Oct 13, 2009 9:27 AM

May 2009
So much to say on this ep but I'll keep it short.

Faldio :(
Jaeger :)
Alicia x Welkin finally
Kiss scene!
Oct 13, 2009 10:07 AM

Jan 2009
a decent ending for a fairly wonderful anime. now i really wanted to play the game..

someone buy me a ps3 !!
Oct 13, 2009 10:17 AM

Jan 2009
yamato21 said:
someone buy me a ps3 !!

I've got one right here! Oh but wait, that's mine : >
Oct 17, 2009 8:23 AM

Jul 2008
That ending was a lot better than I had expected. Maximilian was finally taken out, and Welkin and Alicia shared a very good moment together. Faldio was PIMP and I'm glad that the rest of Squad 7 were able to assimilate back into their normal peaceful lives. A lot more people died in this series than I originally foresaw, but it still turned out great. 9/10
Oct 18, 2009 6:58 AM

Nov 2007
hahaha poor faldio
Oct 21, 2009 5:51 AM

May 2008
sweet ending but what the heck, no one even mentions faldio at the end! Y_Y
and whatever happened to the counselor(?) of princess cordelia? did he get captured or something?
Oct 30, 2009 3:26 AM

Apr 2009
>w< I want to play the game really really badly now. Nyah! Buy me a PS3!!!!

However it was a great ending but I liked it so much I didn't want it to end! >_<
Nov 3, 2009 8:05 AM

Mar 2008
This ending made me drop my grade to an 8.
I really liked this series, but I hate it how they killed off Faldio. It was unnecessary and weird because the rest of the team was just fine after being hit (like Susie).
Nov 14, 2009 12:53 PM

Jun 2009
The ending didn't have a large impact on me,,i guess it will be better if welkin die for saving alissia,,in that way it will be more romantic and epic,,anyway still love the series,,8/10 for me,,i could give it 10/10 if only welkind died..XD
Dec 5, 2009 9:58 AM

Apr 2009
This anime has the worst finale i've ever seen. Faldio was my fav. character. I'm really pissed off. This anime is...
SatoujiDec 5, 2009 10:02 AM
Dec 20, 2009 6:01 PM

Jul 2007
Ending was ok. I liked the kiss but the Maximilian thing just didn't work, like a lot of things near the end.

Started out with 7/10 but went down to 6/10 as the series went on. Not a terrible series but there is much better out there.
Dec 30, 2009 3:29 AM

Dec 2009
Just saw the game ending, and I must say... Compared to the anime ending, it was PERFECT... It was just so much more heart-warming... T3T
Jan 10, 2010 4:26 PM

Jun 2009
I'm guessing Jaeger died...since he last screen time was the sound of a bullet :P. Faldio was obviously going to die, saw that coming way on in the show, his sniping while driving was badass though >_<. Really too bad about Jaeger, he was my fav char.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» is the story complete in anime form?

NaughtySempai - Feb 2

8 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 3, 3:29 AM

» Never got dubbed?

searingdark - Sep 15, 2023

3 by Levo »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:12 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Jul 4, 2009

76 by SSGHOKAGE »»
May 16, 2023 8:53 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

japanme32 - Apr 11, 2009

101 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

hazelnutman - Apr 4, 2009

156 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.