Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 27, 2014 3:41 PM

Jul 2010
How the fuck will they be able to kill Meruem if Gon is gone for good? Holy fucking Netero.

Anyway, it was outstanding. Not really a big fight as I hoped but it was amazingly directed.
May 27, 2014 3:45 PM

Aug 2011
I just logged in to say, this is THE BEST FUCKEN EPISODE I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFEEEEEEEEEE FUCKC CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your Poker Face.~
May 27, 2014 3:45 PM
Jan 2014
magicstalk said:
Hisoka would get raped so hard if he were ever to face off against this Gon. And shouldn't Killua be there almost instantly if he were really moving at the speed of a lightning bolt? Considering that the average lightning bolt travels at 4000 miles per second and can even reach the speed of light.

The one thing I didn't like is Killua's animation speed. He should be as fast as Flash but the animation didn't really show that.
May 27, 2014 3:46 PM

Aug 2011
Akanezora said:
How the fuck will they be able to kill Meruem if Gon is gone for good? Holy fucking Netero.

Anyway, it was outstanding. Not really a big fight as I hoped but it was amazingly directed.

TyrelMay 27, 2014 3:52 PM
May 27, 2014 3:47 PM

Oct 2012
-Zeaos said:
Akanezora said:

Nice troll thingie with that spoiler thing xD
TyrelMay 27, 2014 3:53 PM
Shonen!
May 27, 2014 3:48 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
o.O ..... I'm speechless
Jan 2014
Guilek said:
magicstalk said:
Hisoka would get raped so hard if he were ever to face off against this Gon. And shouldn't Killua be there almost instantly if he were really moving at the speed of a lightning bolt? Considering that the average lightning bolt travels at 4000 miles per second and can even reach the speed of light.

He isn't reaching speed of light, it is the name of his technique. Uvo can't do real big bang.

He should be reaching the speed of lightning though at about 3,700 miles per second.

madhouse should have animated better, but that's the only thing i can nitpick about the episode
Nov 2008
And with this they finally animated my second most wanted scene from the saga.

Now only the highly tear inducing scene remain.
May 27, 2014 3:49 PM

Oct 2012
gedata said:
Stark700 said:
The music/OST used for Gon's transformation scene was awesome imo. The fight was great and all I have to say is GG Pitou. You were a good kitty.

that wasn't hardly even a fight though, he just annihilated her

Well consider is like this Meruem vs Pitou , you probably won't get much a fight there either xD.
Shonen!
May 27, 2014 3:50 PM

Jul 2013
lebron181 said:
Guilek said:
magicstalk said:

He isn't reaching speed of light, it is the name of his technique. Uvo can't do real big bang.

He should be reaching the speed of lightning though at about 3,700 miles per second.

madhouse should have animated better, but that's the only thing i can nitpick about the episode

He isn't reaching the speed of lightning, it is the name of his technique.
May 27, 2014 3:50 PM

May 2012
Holy guacamole, that was an amazing episode. Can't say I'm happy since my poor kitty Pitou was absolutely destroyed, but that was wonderful

May 27, 2014 3:53 PM

Oct 2012
Although i would like some more destruction when Gon was punching Pitou on the ground.Oh yeah also i wish they would have changed the voice actor when gon transformed . But still this episode was soooo good i watched it several times . The animation , the transformation of it and also the new ost were all in my liking.
FormerObserverMay 27, 2014 3:59 PM
Shonen!
May 27, 2014 3:54 PM

May 2013
This has got to be one of the BEST episodes made yet.

Absolutely flawless and well made.

I was left speechless at the ending <3

Gon gaining a magnitude of Nen maturing him into a extremely ripped adult, I got a feeling of his father there.

Then Pitou feeling like the inferior insect at the presence of Gon, whose power matched Meruem's.

Gon didn't even NEED to try to kill Pitou in that form, just a few Rock Paper Rock punches did the trick.

Even Killua's reaction showed how immense Gon's aura was.

After Gon's arm got cut, HE PUNCHED IT RIGHT THROUGH PITOU'S CORPSE AND ROCK PAPER ROCKED HER AND THAT EXPLOSION WAS LIKE A MINIATURE NUKE.

EPIC.
May 27, 2014 3:55 PM
Jan 2014
Guilek said:
lebron181 said:
Guilek said:
magicstalk said:

Guilek said:
lebron181 said:
Guilek said:
magicstalk said:

So you're saying that his technique is not electicity?
May 27, 2014 3:57 PM

Aug 2009
Is this real life?
May 27, 2014 3:59 PM

Aug 2011
AzureFlame24 said:
Is this real life?

best fcking reply in this fkcing threaaaaaad fckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
May 27, 2014 4:00 PM

May 2014
lebron181 said:

He transmutes his aura into electricity which sends directly electric signals to his muscles to move, bypassing his nervous system. He still needs to physically move his legs and that movement is still bound by his speed of his body to move. So yes, he uses electricity, but no, he doesn't move at the speed of lightning.

I liked the episode. I think it did justice to the manga. However, I don't know if it was emphasized enough that Gon's transformation is an abomination, rather than a straight power up and that he has still to pay the price for the power he got to kill Pitou. The art style in the manga helped to show that, but that was obviously lost in the transition to anime.
RaticateMay 27, 2014 4:03 PM
May 27, 2014 4:03 PM
Jun 2013
MadHouse do i need to say more
I logged to rate this and comment
MASTERPIECEMASTERPIECEMASTERPIECEMASTERPIECEMASTERPIECEMASTERPIECEMASTERPIECEMASTERPIECE my mind went blank o_o......
May 27, 2014 4:04 PM

Dec 2012
10/5
May 27, 2014 4:05 PM

Jun 2013
Albi-kun said:
10/5

So 2?
Ad Astra Per Aspera
May 27, 2014 4:07 PM

Dec 2011
Dimitrije1606 said:
Albi-kun said:
10/5

So 2?

200% awesome!
May 27, 2014 4:07 PM

Dec 2012
Dimitrije1606 said:
Albi-kun said:
10/5

So 2?

no.
May 27, 2014 4:09 PM

Jul 2010
This episode was amazing!
Gon's hateful aura transforming into an older version of Gon.
The power equal to the king. The sacrifice of his life for this power.
Pitou got completely destroyed... Pitou couldn't even attack Gon until the last moment of the power.
Watching Gon beating Pitou, how Pitou was completely overwhelmed... spectacular won't even cut for this episode.
Seeing how Gon changed. how Killua saved him at the end. I really wonder what price would Gon pay after this arc. I have to respect Pitou's dedication to the king.
Still... all those enhancer punches... the rock punches that kept on brutally continuing. That last punch seemed beyond destructive.
All their feelings and reasons to fight in this one episode. Wow, I am quite amazed with this show.
May 27, 2014 4:11 PM
Oct 2012
I couldn't count how many orgasms this episode gave me...
It's juSt So FRreAkING GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 27, 2014 4:15 PM
Jan 2014
Raticate said:
lebron181 said:

He transmutes his aura into electricity which sends directly electric signals to his muscles to move, bypassing his nervous system. He still needs to physically move his legs and that movement is still bound by his speed of his body to move. So yes, he uses electricity, but no, he doesn't move at the speed of lightning.

I liked the episode. I think it did justice to the manga. However, I don't know if it was emphasized enough that Gon's transformation is an abomination, rather than a straight power up and that he has still to pay the price for the power he got to kill Pitou. The art style in the manga helped to show that, but that was obviously lost in the transition to anime.

Yeah, it was explained back during his fight with those dart-throwing ants.
Still, the animation didn't portrait very well how fast he was going. Killua was just jumping instead of running
May 27, 2014 4:19 PM

May 2014
Trembllar said:
I actually thought they actually did a pretty good job of not glorifying Gon's transformation. When I was watching the episode, the dark silhouette at the beginning of his transformation accompanied with the heavy music made me feel like something was very, very wrong. The sight of Gon's matured body felt very unnatural, it was really like he became a different person. But yea, regardless of how well it was done in the anime, I agree that Gon's transformation was meant to be disturbing and not some random ass-pull powerup.

I also thought the atmosphere was right during the transformation and that it got the message through, in great part, thanks to the OST. However, I watched some reaction vids (yes, I had to xD) and some people seemed to be too excited about the transformation.
May 27, 2014 4:20 PM

May 2014
2/2

Had to sacrifice a goat.
May 27, 2014 4:27 PM

Aug 2012
I cried like a bitch
May 27, 2014 4:28 PM
May 2014
RaticateI said:
watched some reaction vids (yes, I had to xD) and some people seemed to be too excited about the transformation.

Why wouldnt we be?

Would you rather he didnt transform and get handled by pitou

because that was the only other option
May 27, 2014 4:29 PM

May 2014
Raticate said:
Trembllar said:
I actually thought they actually did a pretty good job of not glorifying Gon's transformation. When I was watching the episode, the dark silhouette at the beginning of his transformation accompanied with the heavy music made me feel like something was very, very wrong. The sight of Gon's matured body felt very unnatural, it was really like he became a different person. But yea, regardless of how well it was done in the anime, I agree that Gon's transformation was meant to be disturbing and not some random ass-pull powerup.

I also thought the atmosphere was right during the transformation and that it got the message through, in great part, thanks to the OST. However, I watched some reaction vids (yes, I had to xD) and some people seemed to be too excited about the transformation.
Please give me some names. I want to watch some of them.
May 27, 2014 4:29 PM

Jun 2007
My life is complete.. damn... seeing this animated..
Thank you madhouse
May 27, 2014 4:30 PM

May 2013
Wow.

HunterxHunter seems to have a hard time not being unbelievably great. This episode totally blew me away. The animation, the art, the music…just phenomenal. The CA arc has given us so many incredible episodes, and this is yet another one, cementing its already established status as the greatest action shonen arc ever written (and animated.)

This wasn’t much of a fight, as others have pointed out. Pitou never stood a chance. You could chalk it up to Togashi being up to his usual tricks, doing what nobody expects, but I think there’s more to it than that; the entire confrontation between Pitou and Gon was never meant to be a fight in the conventional sense. It was always about what this meant for Gon, and Pitou as well. Netero vs. Meruem was very much the same, except that it ended up being a bit longer. Having Gon engage in an epic brawl with Pitou would have been pretty great entertainment, but it would have muddied and distorted the significance of this confrontation. Gon’s victory was never supposed to be celebrated, and I love how somber this episode felt. It was terrifying, awe-inspiring, and horrific. Gon’s defeat of his enemy was brutal and filled with carnage, and his actual transformation left him looking like a complete monster, a label that was previously applied to Pitou.

Let’s talk about Gon first. He finally snaps in this episode, and as I understand it, did something similar to Kurapika to gain the large amount of nen he did. He becomes an adult and utterly annihilates Pitou. This marks Gon’s ultimate loss of innocence, after it being built to for so long. Even if he survives this encounter and makes a full recovery, h will never be the same. He can be cheerful, happy Gon all he wants, but in the end he can’t escape his actions. He’s officially joined the ranks of Killua, Kurapika, and in a sense many of the adults he’s met throughout the series; a person who has suffered profound loss and ruthlessly killed others, whether out of vengeance or other reasons.

Now, Gon has already slowly but surely losing his pure hearted goodness throughout the arc since its start, mostly through the harsh and brutal things he witnessed. Kite in many ways was training Gon to become more mature. When Gons saw a Chimera Ant crush a human’s head in episode 82, Kite instructs him not to look away from the violence when Gon attempts to. Throughout Gon’s journey with Kite, the older Hunter told Gon to fight with the intent to kill, and indeed that’s what Gon did, though it isn’t clear if he actually killed ant Ants before this point. Regardless of whether he did, the unrestrained brutality of what he does here is what marks the end of Gon’s childhood.

Gon’s actions are motivated mostly by vengeance, and in his killing of Pitou, he follows Kite’s directions to the letter. Remember what Kite told him back in episode 82, after Gon slices through the body of the Ant he’s fighting?

“You must crush the head.”

Crush the head he did. Aside from Gon’s first kick, all of his attacks were directed at Pitou’s face, until it was completely destroyed. Gon wasn’t satisfied with merely killing Pitou; he kept beating her, over and over, in a scene was disturbing and not victorious. This cold, murderous defeat, one motivated by hatred of both Pitou and Gon himself, is what sets this apart from anything else Gon has done. He gives it his all, sacrificing whatever it took to crush Pitou. Gon has always been willing to go the extra mile to stubbornly achieve what he wants. He almost got himself killed in the Hunter exam, he sacrificed his hand in the fight with the Bomber, etc.

What Togashi did with Gon’s power-up is exceedingly clever, and makes it unlike any I’ve seen in any shonen ever. Aside from transformation being akin to that of a beast instead of a hero, and Gon seeming to be the monster in the “duel” instead of Pitou, it symbolizes Gon’s loss of innocence and transition into adulthood. It’s very literal- Gon commits the act that the series has been building to as an actual adult, a representation of his current mental state. Clever, Togashi, clever.
And…the arm! Again! I looked over all the incidents involving loss of arms again and realized that they all were the left arm, except Kite, who lost his right arm. Pitou here did the same as she did to Kite, even in death; she sliced off Gon’s right arm. This completes the parallel between Gon vs. Pitou, and Netero vs. The King. Also, interestingly , Gon lost his arm as Killua dove to protect him, while Kite lost his arm as he dove to protect Killua and Gon. Also, the humans have always been the ones losing arms, while the Chimera Ants lost their own arms through their own actions and willingness, and in both cases (the King and Pitou) it was as an act of submission, while in the case of the humans (Kite, Netero, Gon) it was in the midst of battle. Interesting…

Now all four combatants have lost their arms at some point. This is important for Pitou especially, because what she does here serves to contrast with her encounter with Kite. At that time, she was acting out of hostile playfulness, toying with a human because she liked it and the thrill of battle. Here, her pure devotion to her king is so powerful that it is quite literally undying, and she slices Gon’s arm out of loyalty, not callous malice. It highlights the difference between her and Gon in this fight, and what each is fighting for. There’s a parallel in Gon and Netero’s final attacks as well. Netero’s Zero hand drained his life force, much as Gon is draining his own to achieve his power. The conclusion of the two fights are similar as well, from what can be inferred from the way this episode ended, though I expect Gon to alive. There’s a clever parallel there as well, assuming I’m correct. In Netero vs. the King, one was severely injured (the King) and one died (Netero). Here, one was also severely injured (Gon) and one died (Pitou). Note that the ones severely injured are the protagonist and antagonist of the arc, and the pure genius of it all that it is not really obvious who is who. Something else: this arc has been about the maturation of a child, in both Gon and the King’s story. The way their stories unfold differ, and in that the difference between them is emphasized. I’m astounded by the continuous parallels that Togashi stablished between Gon and the King without ever having them actually meet each other.

A masterpiece of an episode, this is. Chilling, disturbing, and hauntingly beautiful. Bravo, Togashi and Madhouse. The anime world’s better with you in it.

Also, R.I.P. Pitou, my favorite of the Royal Guards and one of my favorites of the series cast in general.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
May 27, 2014 4:36 PM

Jul 2013
Great episode!
May 27, 2014 4:39 PM

Oct 2013
epic! i can't wait till the next episode!!
constantly looking for the golden corn in the huge pile of turd
May 27, 2014 4:43 PM

May 2014
AmGodBrah said:
RaticateI said:
watched some reaction vids (yes, I had to xD) and some people seemed to be too excited about the transformation.

Why wouldnt we be?

Would you rather he didnt transform and get handled by pitou

because that was the only other option

I'm not saying you are not supposed to be excited. Nobody is right or wrong in how they perceive media. I was asking if you thought the anime transmitted the fact that Gon's transformation was something unnatural rather than a cool new power up, since I have seen reactions that suggest it didn't.

ryu1991 said:
Please give me some names. I want to watch some of them.

They are all over youtube. You shouldn't have problem finding them. The ones I watched are here and here
May 27, 2014 4:49 PM

Nov 2012
WHY CAN'T I GIVE A 10 FOR THIS 5 IS NOT ENOUGH
May 27, 2014 4:49 PM

May 2014
the song at 10:30??????
May 27, 2014 4:52 PM
Jul 2018
idk what to say
May 27, 2014 4:52 PM

Dec 2013
I really wanted to see this episode for a long time. Gon transformation was astonishingly done well. Loved it.
Eh
May 27, 2014 4:53 PM

Nov 2012
Thought they really balanced the power levels out throughout the arc but I didn't like the whole 'gain god like powers BUT lose your powers after using it' thing, I've seen that before. But other than that, great great episode, Gon going from the positive kid nothing can get to to a complete wreck. I was actually hoping Pitou would learn some things from Gon and regain some humanity even to the point of developing a conscience. Maybe later even regret or cry realizing what she had done by killing Kite. She had a great chance for character growth but turned out to be just Level 9 Boss.

May 27, 2014 4:54 PM

May 2011
HOLY COW~!!! What the fuck I'm watched ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MADHOUSE YOU'RE THE BEST TOGASHI, YOU'RE THE BEST, I WATCHED THE EPISODE LIKE 25 TIMES AND STILL I DIDN'T GET BORED AT ALL XD
May 27, 2014 4:54 PM

Jun 2007
Jdip34 said:
the song at 10:30??????

I have a feeling it's unreleased. But it's based on this track https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb8Sf5-tS5s
May 27, 2014 4:56 PM

Nov 2013
That was awesome! I love the way Gon just annihilated Pitou. I'm glad it wasn't a drawn out fight. I'm depressed now though. What is this going to cost him? :(
May 27, 2014 4:58 PM

Mar 2009
This is by far the best episode. So much emotion from the story and music... it was a great combination!
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
May 27, 2014 4:59 PM

Jan 2012
i was checking some youtube comments and i found this one to be pretty interesting.

"I remember many many episodes back, Gon specifically inquired about nen restrictions and contracts, so it's not like it just came up out of the blue. Gon, in this case, is using "everything" meaning he must be drawing huge reserves from his own life force. It's also mentioned that the stronger your emotion and resolve, the more powerful you become upon activating the ability. We've seen something similar to this very recently...

Anyone remember how Netero trains himself up to a bulky body he didn't have earlier in the series? "Zero Hand?" That's a nen-contracted technique. He poured all his nen into one attack, subsequently weakening and aging his body tremendously."

i didn't think to much of Netero's bulkiness and it relating to zero hand. MrAM kinda pointed this out as well.
May 27, 2014 5:04 PM
Jul 2013
So people after this, tell this show is not a masterpiece !
May 27, 2014 5:07 PM

Oct 2008
Raticate said:
I was asking if you thought the anime transmitted the fact that Gon's transformation was something unnatural rather than a cool new power up, since I have seen reactions that suggest it didn't.

I think they did. You should take people's initial reactions to something as exciting as this episode with a grain a salt. I think Madhouse did a terrific job of illustrating that it wasn't a simple power-up.
May 27, 2014 5:08 PM

Dec 2008
Pitou! ç_ç
May 27, 2014 5:12 PM

Mar 2013
Epic levels of never before seen Gon Rage. *left totally speechless* 10/10
May 27, 2014 5:15 PM

Jul 2012
YESSSSSS YESSSSSSSSSS IM SO HAPPY YES ITS FINALLY HERE.
Pages (21) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Apr 23

63 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 24, 11:22 AM

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.