Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 24, 2009 5:43 PM

May 2009
Crimsonwill said:
So it's been revealed that Luffy is the son of Dragon, and Ivankov is an old comrade of Kuma O_O? Hmm ...
He "knows" him, the word can have many connotations. I hope you aren't "hmmm"'ing in the fanatic *OMG IS SPY!!!* direction ;)
Sep 24, 2009 7:00 PM

Jun 2008
so much EPICNESS *_*
whitebeard seems to like luffy's attitude , maybe he will let him be the pirate king? lol

btw it's finally revealed that that event back then with smoker was dragon's doing ..
and kuma is a former ally of ivankov??

e-p-i-c-n-e-s-s
Sep 24, 2009 7:02 PM

Jun 2008
Sennin_Darkissa said:
I cannot love OP more. It's epic-ness is already above limits.

God<Chuck Norris<ODA

lmao agreed (not referring to the god-part, not interested)
Sep 24, 2009 7:21 PM

May 2009
Damn crazy chapter
Sep 24, 2009 7:42 PM
May 2009
Hawks reactions were just perfect,
but of course everything else this chapter was also great, hot diggity damn.
How will this turn out?!
Sep 24, 2009 8:26 PM

Nov 2008
Keykeyoh said:
Damn crazy chapter

like she said..
can't wait for another week! x)

"Oha~~Lucky!"
Sep 24, 2009 8:54 PM

Jan 2008
lol Epic chapter. I so love this series. Next week can't come fast enough.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Sep 24, 2009 9:28 PM
Jul 2018
Great Chapter

Luffy is as cool as ever. WB's liking his attitude and determination

and Lolz at Hancock's "even if you're son of demons. I'll still ..." XD
Sep 24, 2009 9:31 PM
Jul 2018
sasq said:
kuma is a former ally of ivankov??

Kuma has to do something with the revolutionary army. It is understandable. After all he let Luffy and others live not once but twice

and Iva's explanation proves it further
Sep 24, 2009 10:14 PM

May 2009
hJ said:
Kuma has to do something with the revolutionary army. It is understandable. After all he let Luffy and others live not once but twice

and Iva's explanation proves it further
Hey, Hi! Me and Vindemon64 are actually arguing about that right now and you seem to hold some opinion on the matter so it would be nice to hear it. But do read what has been mentioned and base your standpoint with both reasonable arguments in mind.
Sep 24, 2009 10:33 PM

Jan 2008
Luffy wont stop on amazing me...
Sep 24, 2009 10:53 PM
Jul 2018
vindemon64I believe that he first and foremost, wanted to get an up close view of the Strawhat pirates and more importantly, "the son of Dragon." Whether or not they were worthy of being included in future plans, or whatever else that we may not know of yet.

If he indeed has connections to the Revolutionary Army, he would definitely want to get to know the son of its leader. Even though his announced goal was to capture Luffy, I believe he never intended to do that in the first place. Hence, why he eventually let them go. I'm probably in the minority in this view, but given what we know up through this chapter, its what I believe.

This also helps support the theory that Kuma also helped the Strawhats during the Saobody Archipelago fiasco. We all know that without his intervention, the Strawhats would be as good as done.[/quote said:

I Kinda feel the same. I think he went there with "First see then act" thing in mind. He may have captured straw hats if they weren't up to his mark.
When they turned out good enough for him he decided to agree with Zoro, which itself was a strange deal, he could have get rid of him in anyway (i firmly believe that he never wanted to kill Zoro either, he just wanted to experience him Luffy's pain).

Shichibukai may be Government Dogs may be but they only follow WG's orders when they see the "bone". Kuma is no different case, the words he said to Kizaru on Shabondy are a proof of that
Sep 24, 2009 11:30 PM

May 2009
hJ said:
I Kinda feel the same. I think he went there with "First see then act" thing in mind. He may have captured straw hats if they weren't up to his mark.

hJ said:
When they turned out good enough for him he decided to agree with Zoro, which itself was a strange deal, he could have get rid of him in anyway (i firmly believe that he never wanted to kill Zoro either, he just wanted to experience him Luffy's pain).
He seemed surprised at the fact that Zoro survived that encounter back at Shambody, so i don't know about that.

Have you quoted the wrong person? Your entire standpoint is in my favor. This, of course would be at odds with what you said previously...
Sep 24, 2009 11:46 PM
Nov 2007
early release epic chapter, good to read it with previous chapter first... it seems Ivankov is a good match for Kizaru and Jimbei for Moria... also it seems Luffy isn't that weak at this crowd and he has powerful supporters... well he is liked by people for his casual attitude so it is normal for WB also... I love old man when he grins=) and Marco, bodyguard awesome...

I thought Mihawk would know Luffy's father but well he didn't and I didn't see WB's reaction to this news, perhaps he knew it beforehand...

I mostly, eagerly want to see sengoku's face at the end of this war, I wonder if his cool expression will change into sth amazing=)

and I am mostly wondering about the news from shabondy archipelago, what might have happened there?
Sep 24, 2009 11:53 PM

Jul 2008
Hey guys, I don't know if you got the memo, but...

One Piece is serious business.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Sep 25, 2009 12:59 AM

Apr 2009
hm, so accelerating the death of Ace is a strategy of Sengoku to make them panic? o_O

and what means 'when all the preparations are ready' ? hmmm there would be some unexpected move from Sengoku)) heh cant wait
Sep 25, 2009 1:40 AM

Jun 2009
^^ i.e. what is akainu doing/where the hell is aokiji

and IMO, Garp, WB, and Mihawk got the best lines this chapter.

Other notes:

-- why do the zombies look like actual zombies (when Hogback isn't there?)

-- damn, everyone knows Ivankov

-- again this 'plan'... seems something ominous is coming at the end of next chapter

-- Luffy quickly summarized all his old moves and tricks ('Hina fail' is HILARIOUS!)

-- I often forget how big gear 3rd really is. Thanks for reminding me, Oda.
fisher_88Sep 25, 2009 1:48 AM
Sep 25, 2009 1:55 AM

Apr 2009
fisher_88 said:
^^ i.e. what is akainu doing/where the hell is aokiji

the question is why Marco didnt defend luffy on Kizarus atack))
he is his rival) though maybe he didnt have the permision to help him maybe))
now that he has probably in the next chapter we will see more Marco 8D
Sep 25, 2009 1:58 AM

Apr 2009
Omg !! Awesome >.< !! Love it so much !!!

*Go to re-read it*

Come back later for the comment !!
Sep 25, 2009 2:01 AM

Jun 2007
Maybe Coby and Helmeppo will find out what Akainu's doing. Wouldn't suprise me. I mean if Garp is going to switch sides, you can bet your ass his students will do the same. Which in turn will cause Coby to force his way to the top in order to change things.
Sep 25, 2009 2:31 AM

Jun 2009
smokes said:
the question is why Marco didnt defend luffy on Kizarus atack))
he is his rival) though maybe he didnt have the permision to help him maybe))
now that he has probably in the next chapter we will see more Marco 8D

well, they are hardly rivals at this point. marco didn't save him because of the circumstance, and he couldn't have known luffy enough to know he needed saving. and as you said, he has no reason to help him yet.

well, at least this pass-block ensures luffy will go far in the war.
Sep 25, 2009 2:40 AM

Apr 2009
mulderman said:
. Which in turn will cause Coby to force his way to the top in order to change things.

yeah) i still remember that his dream was to be an ADMIRAL )))

i hope to see an epic fight between him and Luffy :D
it will be awesome :D coby from the 1 episode and at the end an admiral lol)
cant wait

-----------------------------------

BTW till now the main storyline was This, Ace and blackbeard, we saw that shanks spoke with WB about Ace, then Ace fought blackbeard, now WB is taking revenge...
This plot was from the begining...

what do you expect to happen After all of this fights ???

i still want to see those 2 Yonkou that we know knothing about them....

i think Blackbeard will do a big move like Fighting with shanks crew or smth like that,, so that Luffy crew would have to do smth.. i mean the in the main plot
Sep 25, 2009 2:47 AM

Jun 2009
mulderman said:
Maybe Coby and Helmeppo will find out what Akainu's doing. Wouldn't suprise me. I mean if Garp is going to switch sides, you can bet your ass his students will do the same. Which in turn will cause Coby to force his way to the top in order to change things.

well the can't do squat about it right now, and Garp isn't doing anything, though he probably knows about the plan. this makes me think the plan involves neutralizing WB.
Sep 25, 2009 3:23 AM

Apr 2009
Mmmhh Jimbey totally owns Moria haha ... Really good chapter i loved it very much
Sep 25, 2009 4:32 AM

Jul 2009
Whoa now everyone knows Luffy is Dragon's son...wonder when the strawhats will come back?
Sep 25, 2009 4:42 AM
Jul 2018
I think soon, my reasoning for that may sound idiotic but I think Oda has shown the side stories of everyone except Zoro (that can take 2 or 3 chapter covers)
Sep 25, 2009 4:52 AM

Apr 2009
Woah ! One of the best chapter ... They're accumulating lately ^^
but Awesome, really ! No... so much more than that !!

I was so~ waiting for Ace & Luffy reunion ! Their reaction wasn't a surprise but... It was so great to actually see it !!! They're my favorite siblings >.<

And Luffy makes some heartening comrades too : Iva & Jimbei ... !!

Argh it's a supplice to wait one more week... Want to see Marco on action too !!
Sep 25, 2009 6:13 AM

May 2007
Bakayaro said:

Truer words have never been said.

mulderman said:

Good point. If Coby and Helmeppo do find out about the secret plan and reveal it to Luffy, the pirates would definitely have one up on the WG. But for that to happen, I think Garp first needs to decide what he's going to do, as you pointed out.
Sep 25, 2009 8:00 AM

Jul 2009
Zell182 said:
Whoa now everyone knows Luffy is Dragon's son...wonder when the strawhats will come back?

It should be before the end of the year before they actually meet up (within the next dozen chapters)...think of it as a nice Christmas present.
Sep 25, 2009 11:57 AM

Mar 2009
I think we`ll get to see Dragon´s appearance soon.
Sep 25, 2009 12:26 PM

Apr 2009
Traveller said:

heh) i imagine it will be on the LAST page)) and it will be Double page for sure x)))
cant wait to see his face :)

maybe somebody will atack luffy, and he will Appear saying ' Dont you dare touch my Son ' XD
Sep 25, 2009 3:39 PM

Nov 2008
smokes said:
Traveller said:

heh) i imagine it will be on the LAST page)) and it will be Double page for sure x)))

maybe somebody will atack luffy, and he will Appear saying ' Dont you dare touch my Son ' XD

That doesnt really seem like the kinda thing Dragon would say though, although not much is known of his personality as this moment, he seems to cool, calm and collected, to play the hot headed father figure.

But thats just my opinion, none the less it would be beyong epic if he did turn up, also possibly shanks might have something to say about the whole event, maybe he'll make an apperance.

an all out yonkou Vs. WG battle royale!!
Sep 25, 2009 4:02 PM

Jul 2008
vindemon64 said:
Bakayaro said:

Truer words have never been said.
It took me forever to phrase it properly. I just keep trying and trying, and damn!

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Sep 25, 2009 6:25 PM

Jul 2009
smokes said:
Traveller said:

Dragon doesn't know Luffy is there (except maybe right now since its supposedly being televised????), and Ace is Roger's son so there'd be no need for Dragon to care. Oda is most likely saving Dragon for the New World.
Sep 25, 2009 6:38 PM

Sep 2009
Nikoli said:
smokes said:
Traveller said:

Dragon doesn't know Luffy is there (except maybe right now since its supposedly being televised????), and Ace is Roger's son so there'd be no need for Dragon to care. Oda is most likely saving Dragon for the New World.

Do you really think that the most wanted man in the world doesn't know that his only son is in the middle of an era-changing war involving the World Government and the Whitebeard Pirates??! Did you forget what happened at Logue Town when Smoker was about to capture Luffy and Dragon showed up? Hell that was waaaay less important than this war and he knew that his son is in danger!
Monkey D. Dragon is well informed indeed! And he doesn't need it to be televised.
I'm not saying that he's gonna appear in this war but he knows for sure.
Sep 25, 2009 6:48 PM

Jul 2009
The_Will_of_D said:
Nikoli said:
smokes said:
Traveller said:

Do you really think that the most wanted man in the world doesn't know that his only son is in the middle of an era-changing war involving the World Government and the Whitebeard Pirates??! Did you forget what happened at Logue Town when Smoker was about to capture Luffy and Dragon showed up? Hell that was waaaay less important than this war and he knew that his son is in danger!
Monkey D. Dragon is well informed indeed! And he doesn't need it to be televised.
I'm not saying that he's gonna appear in this war but he knows for sure.

When he's introduced in chapter 100 1st page in Logue town, He says "a Pirate" "that's good"....it seems like a coincidence that he was there since he said that.
If Kuma really is a spy then Dragon should know Luffy was sent to the Amazon Lily but Kuma doesn't know about the Impel Down prison break until now so neither should Dragon. I'd like for him to show up as a fan... but plot wise it doesn't seem very realistic.
Sep 25, 2009 8:02 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Luffy is just plowing down everybody getting in his way.

Sep 26, 2009 12:11 AM

Jan 2009
One thing that keeps annoying me is how sloppy the Marines are. I remember Whitebeard calling Sengoku a strategist but he is being sloppy. I understand him not knowing about Luffy and his possibility of picking up the message but the fact that one of Whitebeards men "intercepted" the message so easily annoys me.

Anyways good chapter, not as good as last weeks but still good. Excited to see Luffy kick some ass
Sep 26, 2009 12:47 AM
Oct 2007
"You must be so drunk on hope your hearing is affected." LOL.
"How did we let a single rookie shift the flow of the war." Yup, got that right.

I'm hoping Boa takes action soon. If it's anything like what I imagine Oda might do, Boa could stone everyone except the major players to "downscale" things a little. Then, we can see truly infinity-level epic fighting. Right now, there are way too many minor folks and although the focus is on Luffy, Ace, WB, etc., it's still really confusing.

burntlettuce said:
One thing that keeps annoying me is how sloppy the Marines are. I remember Whitebeard calling Sengoku a strategist but he is being sloppy. I understand him not knowing about Luffy and his possibility of picking up the message but the fact that one of Whitebeards men "intercepted" the message so easily annoys me.

I think you missed something there. WB inferred that Sengoku would unlikely let such an important message get intercepted so easily, unless the message got intercepted so easily is a part of Sengoku's strategy to make the pirate side panic. So no, I don't think the WG is sloppy at all. They obviously have something up their sleeves.
Sep 26, 2009 10:41 PM

Feb 2008
the battle still rages. nothing major has happened though. its still just as messy as it has been. Luffy will need to come up with a more powerful move because he isn't really using anything new. also hes got some major enemies gunning for him, although i think if there is going to be a turning point, he will be the one to initiate it... or maybe his 'dad' might join the fray.

i think dragon has been keeping an eye on luffy for quite some time now. Kuma's interference at the archipelago may have been dragon's doing as well. oh well we will find out the truth soon enough.
Sep 27, 2009 8:51 AM

Jan 2009
A connection between Ivankov and Kuma? I guess that means he is in some way related to revolutionary Dragon, probably ex-member of his group or something. Then it makes sense why Kuma helped the strawhats back in Shabondi Archipelego and why he allowed them to live back on Thriller Bark.
Sep 28, 2009 1:24 PM

Oct 2007
Luffy is pretty manly in this chapter.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines
Sep 30, 2009 3:33 PM

Jun 2008
I doubt that Dragon will appear personally but there's a possibility that he will send some of his men because it wouldn't suit him that WG wins this war.

Also, I think that Dragon is much more valuable than Whitebeard to the WG so it could even be possible that WG want's to capture Dragon above anything else.
Oct 6, 2009 12:13 PM

Apr 2009
May 30, 2010 6:23 AM

Feb 2009
Glad I started reading this, that was one hell of a chapter, Luffy just gained the sympathy of the Whitebeard's crew! Insane.
Sep 29, 2010 11:07 PM

Oct 2008
So heartwrecking when Ace was screaming out to Luffy. ;-;
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 21, 2016 3:59 AM

Aug 2010
HOLY SHIT!!! Was rereading and during the sakazuki panel u can see the shadow of a 3rd cup in there. DAT SABO FORESHADOWING
May 10, 2017 12:17 PM

Mar 2008
Oh man, loved seeing all these reactions from so many great characters. Great chapter.
Dec 25, 2017 4:21 AM

Feb 2013
Now they all know who his father is.
Dec 25, 2017 11:56 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Go Luffy, is your turn!!!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Today, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Today, 6:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

13 by Ridzaxster »»
Today, 4:20 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.