Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 11, 2009 2:29 PM

Jun 2009
Good ending episode, I'm glad that Oumi and Roma pairing worked out. Overall it was a nice series, I hope for the second season someday. 8/10
Oct 11, 2009 3:23 PM

Oct 2008
I'm so glad I got to finish this series, it was such a good one. I really didn't have much expectations for it but it was so much fun. I was worried that they wouldn't be able to do a good ending still being off at the camp, but they really pulled so much together in the one episode. It was really worthwhile, and I'm looking forward to the special.

Oumi is the greatest character ever. She owned Sora no Manimani. :-)
Oct 11, 2009 4:08 PM

Jun 2009
after waiting almost three weeks for the subs, the last episode was better than expected! i thought they closed this series perfectly and i thought the while anime in general was done the best way possible with the plot. overall, a very enjoyable season, so 9/10 for me.
Oct 11, 2009 4:36 PM

Mar 2009
Honestly I was hoping for a better ending haha..

But then realising the manga is still going.. well perhaps another season.

Ah well!
Oct 11, 2009 6:36 PM
Oct 2007
Ah, that was a terribly long wait for subs.

The ending wrapped up the anime nicely. While not completely conclusive yet conclusive enough, it gave me the feeling of a "finished" anime that has the possibility for a second season. It doesn't need one, but a second season would always be welcomed.

The characters were lovable and the pace was decent. Music was fun. Watching a bunch of high school students stargazing is always a delight. I like how Mihoshi's father and her ultimate goal of sharing her experience/love for astronomy with everyone were brought back at the end. Of course, ending with the astronomy club's recruitment was a great way to go. Overall, great anime. 8/10
Oct 11, 2009 7:36 PM

Jul 2008
I really ended up enjoying this anime. It definitely exceeded my expectations. The music was really nicely done, too. It had great comedy moments and all the characters were interesting and likable. The astronomy stuff was all a wonderful bonus. 9/10

BEGINNER
Oct 11, 2009 7:38 PM

Nov 2008
Okay, overall, this series was excellent. But honestly that ending if not accompanied by a second season is atrocious unless you have a hard on for stars. Think about it please. The best thing that came from that ending was with the president and his girl. I'm not saying an anime has to have romance but they were building a Mihoshi/Saku/Hime three way triangle and they left it with an open ending. I give the series 9/10 and will pretend that the ending actually happened.
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Oct 11, 2009 9:19 PM

Sep 2009
Good episode and series....though it doesn't feel completely finished. Hopefully they will go ahead with a second season to continue the storyline. For some reason I like storylines that span for longer periods of time.
Oct 11, 2009 11:42 PM

Sep 2008
Long wait for such a below-average ending.... I am let down. I liked the earlier part with Oumi and Roma. I thought that was really nicely done. However the rest of the episode just lacked. Sure it had the nice educational elements to it, but it really didn't do that much. Not surprised they would follow the usual path of developing romance and completely ignoring it at the end. Guess I hated Mihoshi the entire series (and she would have ended up with Saku if anyone did) so it at least didn't annoy me. I just get sick of series developing romances and completing ignoring the conclusion of them -_- Personally I just felt like this ending really didn't satisfy me at all. It didn't even feel like an ending to me.

Overall the series was alright though. It had some good parts and some average parts. I hated the comedy unlike most people, but I thought the characters were mostly well presented and enjoyable to watch. They also used a lot of educational stuff which I did not expect. It was nicely done though. I guess a lot of the series I found myself just enjoying it and it was a nice relaxing experience. Regardless of Mihoshi annoying the hell outta me the entire show...

Won't be surprised if there will be another season, though this show doesen't particularly need one apart from a more satisfying conclusion in my opinion. 7/10
Oct 12, 2009 12:29 AM

Dec 2007
entire serie for me, it suck a lot :S, not really a complete plot or a plot for that mater if u can say it ( with the exception of roma-kun and oumi-san ) , just a "lets look and learn about the star constellation" anime, 4/10
GrumpyFeloOct 12, 2009 12:35 AM

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Oct 12, 2009 1:50 AM
Feb 2009

I think this was best part
Oct 12, 2009 5:38 AM
Feb 2009
open end huh?... oh well...

overall a relaxing and warming series. i did enjoyed it but i dont think a second season is necessary. 8/10
oblivious is a bliss
Oct 12, 2009 5:42 AM

Jan 2009
A great show with a pretty much a good ending. But i still think that the climax of this series is one episode 10 and 11.

RomaxOumi pairing is so lovely, i tought she would confess right trough there.

But i wasn't satisfied with the ending, it haven't cleared who will Saku go out with. I hope there will be a second season or OVA for this.

Oh well, i'll search for the manga
Oct 12, 2009 11:14 AM

Feb 2008
I'll continue reading the manga.

I am not the greatest fan of open endings, and i was actually disappointing by it, still the best anime of the season tho. It's hard to rate it, an 8 is to low, and an 9 is to high thanks to the ending.
Oct 12, 2009 7:07 PM

Jul 2008
nifffy said:
In this show, there were no MOE factors at all.

Moe in definition is something to describe sexual desire they get from someone, something sexy. It also can be used to describe any kind of fetish someone like (exemple would be neko-mimi fetish, school uniform fetish, etc)
Since Otaku all around the world started to use the words differently it also have a second definition who has been established over year of using the term uncorrectly, now it has become one of the two standard for the definition: to describe something cute. Unlike most people who think moe is related to girl alone, boys can be moe as well. Girl like rather to use true, real term than something like moe, hence why girl almost never use it.

Sorry but I do remember some part of this show where the character goes moe, at the same time moe is not something bad at all it's just that those day people use it uselessly or even abuse of it.

I just tough I had to point that down.

Anyway, good entertaining show, 7/10
Oct 12, 2009 9:02 PM

Apr 2008
good ending ... sadly it ended

Oct 12, 2009 9:22 PM

Sep 2008
Love these underrated series that I sneak in my list every season. Had a decent ending, all the bonus and missing plot can be found in the DVD specials which should be subbed soon.
Oct 12, 2009 10:30 PM

May 2008
Awesome Series!

Watching stars constellations was Great!
Oct 12, 2009 11:11 PM
Dec 2008
i really loved this anime
Oct 13, 2009 7:34 AM

May 2009
It's Beautiful
Oct 13, 2009 11:58 AM

Mar 2008
It was a really funny anime. But it didn't stop there. Even when it sometimes felt a little bit boring it had a very nice feel to it most of the time. Often Very heartwarming, too.

This is without a doubt an underdog anime and deserves a good rating. Outstanding 8/10 from me.
Oct 15, 2009 11:47 AM

Jan 2009
Last episodes, at last, took me a while : D..
Let's see how this will end now shall we. I have my suspiciouns, but let's see.

Ahahah Mihoshi actually made a snowman, which she put on her head xD
Oh and cool light beams lol.
So, it ended pretty much like it started?
Hmm.. Hmm... pretty hard one to rate actually.. Ah well, I'll just go with a 8, since it was pretty much 8 throughout the whole anime : > (Although I would've wanted more Saku x Hime ;_;)

So, the funniest character of this series: Edogawa-kun
Coolest character: Souma-sensei
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 18, 2009 12:42 AM
Apr 2009
Such a great anime! =)

I hope they do another season, Hime-chan needs her shot! Plenty of room for more episodes. I'm just worried it wasn't appreciated enough.
Oct 19, 2009 4:12 AM

Jun 2009
Swiftstylez said:
Okay, overall, this series was excellent. But honestly that ending if not accompanied by a second season is atrocious unless you have a hard on for stars. Think about it please. The best thing that came from that ending was with the president and his girl. I'm not saying an anime has to have romance but they were building a Mihoshi/Saku/Hime three way triangle and they left it with an open ending. I give the series 9/10 and will pretend that the ending actually happened.

Thats it.

The only thing is we can hope they make an ova or another season to end the story properly.
Oct 20, 2009 9:32 AM

May 2008
Nice ending for this series,
was hoping all a long for hime ending but we kind a knew it.
no realtionship ending, well he didnt choose,

liked this series, very different, learnt quite a few key points about star gazing.
gave this a 7/10
Oct 25, 2009 8:43 AM

Jul 2008
Ending wasn't great but it was fair enough. 8/10 for this series.
Nov 2, 2009 3:56 AM

Apr 2008
Ending wasn't that great but I had fun watching it.

The starry sky accompanied with a soothing music is really good, I give that. 8/10

Dec 2, 2009 7:08 PM

May 2008
man that was great, kinda like the first episode but a warmer feeling

9/10 love this lots

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Dec 9, 2009 5:37 PM

Jan 2008
Quite a bland ending. Overall nice series with some great laughs and some boring parts. Character design is its highest point for me, Hime and Ayumi <3
Dec 26, 2009 4:10 PM

Jul 2009
Light Romance..
Light Twisted..
Light Drama..
Beautiful Scene on Stargazing

7/10
Jan 7, 2010 7:19 AM

Jul 2009
I love astronomy, and I REALLY LOVE this series :D
Jan 30, 2010 3:20 PM

Mar 2008
Nice ending!

Now I want an OVA for Hime-san. D:

Jan 30, 2010 9:43 PM

Aug 2008
I really want a second season DDD: But forget the Star Motif, GIMEE SOME RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENT lmao
Apr 18, 2010 3:56 AM

May 2009
I really got attached to this series (just watched it marathon-style) and I'd love to see another season announced!

For awesome characters, beautiful stargazing and a really warm-hearted atmosphere, my resume can only be:
9/10
May 31, 2010 5:42 PM

Jan 2010
That in my opinion was the best ending ever for this anime. Even though there shoud have been a love resolution, I loved how they used what she did in the first episode and put it in the last episode.

It was a really beautiful anime to me. I usually don't watch animes that revolve around one theme like nature, the sky, drawing, or a sport, but this one happened to catch my attention, and I really enjoyed it. Maybe I'll try more types of these animes.
Jun 23, 2010 10:52 PM

Jun 2009
what a good episode...i feel good inside after watching it ^-^ sooo i thought it was a well done anime and the last episode was done really well for anime that had 12 episodes!
Jul 2, 2010 4:28 AM

Apr 2010
The whole series was extremely boring.
The only thing I liked was Roma.
Jul 30, 2010 11:54 AM

Jun 2010
Aw... 2 bad an open ending and the manga isn't that far either... but still 8/10. I enjoyed the anime.

Aug 26, 2010 2:25 PM
Dec 2008
A very sweet ending to a lovely series. 8/10. I hope they decide to continue the story with another 12 episodes.
Aug 28, 2010 5:54 PM
Oct 2009
I didn't like this show very much. They did a good job with the whole introducing people to Astronomy granted, but it was a pretty uninteresting story for the most part. Character development was pretty limited and antics of characters like Mihoshi just seemed really out of place.

Speaking of Mihoshi's character, I really don't have very much appreciation for that type of character in general, which reminds me of Kobato, another character from another show which I didn't particularly like. The kind of insensitive happy-go-lucky personality that never changes that causes unnecessary trouble for other important characters. It's really quite annoying when it's never addressed properly.

And Hime was another rather weak character, never really properly speaking up for herself or taking initiative for her own good and thus never being able to properly communicate her feelings to Saku. Everyone else is just as if not more forgettable when I go back to how character development in this show is very limited.

OP song was about the best part of this show. Production of the characters and sky was good, as well as the decent enough references to various things in Astronomy. The really bland story and characters (including some really annoying characters) on the other hand...I think I'm going to give this a 4/10, my recent score for Kobato.
A2ZOMGAug 28, 2010 5:57 PM
Nov 4, 2010 4:13 PM

Oct 2010
reaaly loved the series, with cool music, awesome characters, and good astronomy points, this shows entertains me in every episode, even if ooyagi don't paired with anyone, this was pretty sweet ending.

Hope it will have a second season ;D

10/10
Jul 21, 2011 6:10 PM

Mar 2011
Was an enjoyable anime and loved all the characters. Oumi!

Hoping for a second season. I guess I will watch the specials.
Mar 10, 2012 12:33 AM

Sep 2011
dbaranyi said:
There were no romantic resolutions, but then, the true "romance" of the series was with the stars, not between the characters.

Haha yeah I was thinking the exact same thing.

Overall, pretty good Anime. I'm actually happy there wasn't any romance because I wouldn't want to see anyone get heartbroken in such a happy Anime. Oh and the president hit jackpot! He got a smokin hot chick eyeing him out! >:D
Jul 29, 2012 2:28 AM

Jan 2010
This show surprised me. It really did. I don't think I've seen an anime be comedic and sentimental at the same time. Some of the explanations were kinda fast or went over my head, but that kinda showed how little I knew about the stars, even though I sleep under them every night. I watched this show expecting high school hijinks, and while that was there, it never got stale, nor did it get in the way of the dramatic, the comedic, or even the educational moments.

Pretty much, this show didn't do anything extraordinary, but it still hit home. I liked it.
Oct 7, 2012 12:40 AM

Nov 2009
It was a pretty good show, sadly probably not very memorable however it was a lot better than most of the anime out their today which are just some form of ecchi+Harem whether they mix in comedy and school life or action and adventure. I will probably look into the manga hoping that it has a tad bit more closed ending however definitely not a waste of time.
Nov 19, 2012 4:54 PM
Mar 2011
i want another season.

but then again there is a limit of constellations out there.

maybe OVAs
"....i am the villain in this story"
Feb 6, 2014 11:58 PM

Jul 2012
Very nice ending, the show overall was an easy-watch.
Jun 17, 2014 10:57 AM

Jul 2013
I'm sooooo glad I picked this up. Another example why MAL ratings can never be trusted =p

This show really has everything: light yet hilarious comedy (nothing corny or over-the-top), warm fuzzy feelings, a little bit drama that gives you the feels without being over dramatic, adorable romance, and most important of all BEAUTIFUL stars!!

It's truly a great example of a club-based SOL anime that didn't neglect or forget it's main theme. In fact the astronomy part was so well-done that I don't think there's another SOL that's as detailed as this when it comes to their club activities.

It would've been a masterpiece if not for the average sound (the insert song in ep4 was beautiful but OP and ED felt rather flat) and the occasionally somewhat cliche situations.

A very enjoyable experience that I would definitely recommend to casual or new anime viewers.

9/10
Aug 2, 2014 11:31 AM

Nov 2011
AAAAAAAAAAND the end.

It would've been better if they had extended it, even just by an episode. Though the romance among most of the characters was inconclusive, it's better that way because it wouldn't be Sora no Manimani anymore. It'd be, fuck it I just said it in ep11.

Should have spent more time for the viewers to absorb the knowledge and images while explaining.

BUT, to formally end the series, one SHOULD watch this time-lapse extra: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn6CK-fiQgE

By all means, watch it above 480p. 1080p is glorious but if your machine can't handle it, 720p. Watch it.

Watch it.

This is re-reassure you of how beautiful the OST is.
Oct 23, 2014 5:08 AM

Aug 2013
Overall a very heart warming anime.. enjoyed it a lot that it feels so short.
Although there wasn't any romance development at all.. except the stars lol.. it's still good.
The comedy are great.. Edogawa is just freaking hilarious.. the bits of romance is funny too.
The soundtracks and songs are fantastic.. feel so calm listening to it I could even fall asleep.
Actually it's not very special or the like but I just like it. I wish it could last longer. T^T
Roma-kun is the only guy to hit the jackpot I must say.. LOL.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora no Manimani Episode 11 Discussion

dbaranyi - Sep 17, 2009

43 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 17, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Sora no Manimani Episode 10 Discussion

Torisunanohokori - Sep 13, 2009

43 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 17, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Sora no Manimani Episode 9 Discussion

dbaranyi - Sep 1, 2009

43 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 17, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Sora no Manimani Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HikaruKaneko - Jul 14, 2009

72 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 17, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Sora no Manimani Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mflatischler - Jul 6, 2009

102 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Mar 17, 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.