Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 25, 2014 6:54 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oo, the match between Grey and Rufus is extended a bit. Nice. It still was the way I remember from the manga though with Gray struggling at first :/ I did enjoy the fight to an extent especially near that ending. Gray unleashes some serious power there so Rufus bites the dust :D

Lucy also looked good in a swimsuit this episode although the setting felt a bit out of place.
Apr 25, 2014 7:33 PM
Sep 2012
What an episode, this episode just adapted one chapter and got streched into an whole episode. So we get some filler with Natsu's group, but fun filler, I like how they mentioned it was a waste of time, kind of acknowledge it's filler.

Anyway Gray vs Rufus, I thought it was a great battle. I don't understand is so bitter about losing to him last time, but whatever. He got his redemption, and when Gray stripped, I was waiting to seeing Juvia's reaction weather she would go back on her promese to herself and take a peak at the battle.

It was a little corny that they made a big fuzz about the heart and friendship, but that's Fairy Tail, that is their MO, than and fan service.

Next episode, we meet some new characters who could cause problems for Natsu and the gang.
Apr 25, 2014 7:36 PM

May 2013
Gray and Rufus are having an intense fight. Gray being beaten up by Rufus at the start gave me an intense feeling. That magic Gray used, looks like a combination of Erza's weapons and it surprised Rufus and knocks him out. Gray using too much ice make magic, Rufus couldn't keep up memorizing all at once. Gray's face when he placed the hat on his head, looks badass.

Awesome episode. But there's still more battles to come. Can't wait for the others!
CreamZiApr 25, 2014 8:04 PM
Apr 25, 2014 7:36 PM

Dec 2011
I thought there would be blood for the continuation, but it seems we are not getting it.

Glad this fight was over, seriously can't wait for Kagura vs. Erza.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2014 7:39 PM
Apr 2013
It looks like they only adapted one chapter this episode. Surprising for an episode that had the least amount of recap so far (Not counting the first one).

Most of the filler material was spent with Natsu and the others (Which I admit was quite funny, which Fairy Tail filler is quite good at) and I think they added a little more to Grey struggling against Rufus.
Apr 25, 2014 7:46 PM

Jul 2010
Gray defies gravity! His determination!
The reaction when Gray takes of his shirt xD Gray wearing Rufus's hat!
It was nice to see Juvia's trust on Gray.
A mini "Grand Magic" game occurred in a different way!
Rufus's power did seem op, but Gray out-sped his memory.

Well good episode, o.o weird flower at the end.
Apr 25, 2014 8:01 PM
Jan 2014
This had less battle than I had hoped for, but what I had seen was great.
I like how this show, for the most part, doesn't use willpower as the determining factor. They use more power or something smart. Like how he made the ice make magic to fast for him to read. Which is crazy considering Rufus read those books.
Apr 25, 2014 8:10 PM

Aug 2013
And there goes rufus.
Apr 25, 2014 8:13 PM

Mar 2013
This whole time I was like, "there's something missing." Then when gray stripped I was like, " fixed "

Jeez his ice is so different now. And there wa a lot of comedy filler In this one too.

Can't wait for more battles.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Apr 25, 2014 8:17 PM

Jan 2014
Dat Lucy and Mirajane Fanservice, I love it :3. This fight was kinda boring, really obvious Rufus was going to get annihilated by Gray in the end, but it was still good. Next week we get to see the new enemies that Natsu and them are facing, I'm all fired up!

Side Note: I rlllllllllllllly want to see Erza fight all ready !!!!!!
Apr 25, 2014 8:18 PM

Nov 2013
meh
Apr 25, 2014 8:20 PM

Sep 2013
Nakama power, friends, family, passion and cheesy, corny lines this is what fairy tail is all about 11/10 "claps slowly"

That Lucy thou <3 ;)
Apr 25, 2014 8:28 PM

Jul 2013
Every woman in the audience simultaneously came when Grey took his shirt off. On another note Rufus has the coolest, most overpowered magic in the series. He should have just memorized some magic from Jellal and Jura when they were fighting.
ichii_1 said:
Nakama power, friends, family, passion, fanservice and cheesy, corny lines this is what fairy tail is all about 11/10 "claps slowly"
Fixed.
MinagatachiApr 25, 2014 8:35 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2014 8:28 PM
Feb 2014
I think my fav part was when Gray took off his shirt. I missed seeing those abs. XD
Mavis says only Fairy Tail members can see her. I can see her, so I must be a member of Fairy Tail..... XD
Apr 25, 2014 8:34 PM

May 2012
need blood as in red blood..

Apr 25, 2014 8:39 PM

Aug 2007
Good ep. I got my standard FT its like it never left. I was waiting to see Ice Make Unlimited and Ice Bringer animated and they didn't disappoint at all.
Apr 25, 2014 8:44 PM

Sep 2013
Minagatachi said:
ichii_1 said:
Nakama power, friends, family, passion, fanservice and cheesy, corny lines this is what fairy tail is all about 11/10 "claps slowly"
Fixed.

:O how could I forget?

Lucy>>Mira thou :D

Gray's attack were good but it wasn't great, they needed to animate him attacking and not cut to Rufus defeated.
Apr 25, 2014 9:10 PM

Jul 2013
In most of the fights they had in this arc, the MCs get beat up in the beginning from multiple attacks, but end up winning with just a few moves, so Gray winning this fight wasn't too unexpected.
lol
Apr 25, 2014 9:19 PM

Oct 2010
Fairy Tail logic sucks. If Rufus has been using memory magic, I think he would have been able to improve enough, by now, to catch up with Gray's infinite make/whatever. Plus, how does Gray even have enough energy for that?

That being said, I somehow remembered this chapter being more enjoyable. Were there any major changes to it? O:
Apr 25, 2014 9:19 PM

Sep 2008
sebasuarez9 said:
Bad animation, the poses were not the same in the manga, the dialogs were not well placed, the fight was not smooth when Gray defeats Rufus, that part had to be epic with Dragon Force as background ost and send us this shit. Horrible, disappointed me this "new animation".

Yeah...the fight sequence was kinda disappointing. Too much talking, too little fighting. :/
Parisbelle said:
Fairy Tail logic sucks. If Rufus has been using memory magic, I think he would have been able to improve enough, by now, to catch up with Gray's infinite make/whatever. Plus, how does Gray even have enough energy for that?

That being said, I somehow remembered this chapter being more enjoyable. Were there any major changes to it? O:

Sorry bro, logic doesn't go hand in hand with Fairy Tail.
Anyway, this part isn't actually too bad. I feel like Rufus' memory make is very versatile but lacks in power. Sure it's pretty but after so many free attacks he couldn't take out Gray. So his power must be lacking.
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Apr 25, 2014 9:23 PM

Aug 2012
Well we know when Gray takes his shirt off things get real.
Apr 25, 2014 9:32 PM

Oct 2012
Awesome episode, it seems every time I watch an episode I'm at the edge of my seat ... literally >_<
Cant wait for the next one :D

If your having difficulty trying to find a sub here's a link:
http://www.anime4fun.com/fairy-tail-2014-episode-4

Apr 25, 2014 9:56 PM

Nov 2011
im more interested in the grand tournaments then saving lucy
Hate Keeps me warm
Apr 25, 2014 10:00 PM

Sep 2013
Damn so it looks like the blood was only a temporary thing :( I just dont see whats so bad about blood??

Cant friggin wait to see Gajeel kick some ass.
Apr 25, 2014 10:10 PM

Mar 2012
Not shabby, though the fight had more dialogue than I hoped for. And Gray's line about remembering hotter flames was way more epic in the manga. Regardless, nice win there at the end. :D

Fun little filler too with Happy's idea with Mira and Lucy. XD
Apr 25, 2014 10:20 PM

Oct 2012
This episode would of been better if Erza was the one in the swimsuit. :3
Apr 25, 2014 11:05 PM

Nov 2013
I think this was the longest time Gray stayed in an outfit before taking it off...
Also thought Ice Make Unlimited was very Erza-inspired.

The whole getting-beat-up and then destroying the enemy is getting old..this is why I enjoy Erza's fights more in general...she at least puts up a decent fight (at least in my memory).
Apr 25, 2014 11:24 PM

May 2010
Fiji said:
I thought there would be blood for the continuation, but it seems we are not getting it.

Glad this fight was over, seriously can't wait for Kagura vs. Erza.
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Apr 25, 2014 11:24 PM

May 2010
sebasuarez9 said:
Bad animation, the poses were not the same in the manga, the dialogs were not well placed, the fight was not smooth when Gray defeats Rufus, that part had to be epic with Dragon Force as background ost and send us this shit. Horrible, disappointed me this "new animation".

Same. :\
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Apr 25, 2014 11:25 PM
Jan 2011
DeeJaySmirk said:

I like how this show, for the most part, doesn't use willpower as the determining factor. They use more power or something smart. Like how he made the ice make magic to fast for him to read. Which is crazy considering Rufus read those books.

Kinda weird how you say it completely backward. Only a few battles like this that has some strategies in it, the rest and especially Natsu's fights are complete willpower factored.

Minagatachi said:
Every woman in the audience simultaneously came when Grey took his shirt off. On another note Rufus has the coolest, most overpowered magic in the series. He should have just memorized some magic from Jellal and Jura when they were fighting

Jellal and Jura magics are on another league for him to copy though, you will understand why soon.

For the episode I enjoyed this fight in Manga a lot but they drag it out so much here which ruins the mood for me here...
Apr 25, 2014 11:41 PM

Apr 2014
Hope Gajeel's fight is soon.
Apr 26, 2014 12:06 AM
Jul 2018
That was not very good episode...average at the best.
Apr 26, 2014 12:09 AM

Apr 2013
I do not like Gray at all so his battles bore me.
Apr 26, 2014 12:58 AM

Mar 2014
Kinda better animation from the last 2 eps.
I had the feeling of One Piece pace in this one, dunno why.
3/5 because Gray with Rufus' hat reminded me of a Cavendish-Oga combo :P
Everybody has the right to have his own opinion on something.And you do have the right to disagree with them.But that doesnt give you the right to impose your opinion on others, even though you do have the right to think you are fucking awesome.
Apr 26, 2014 1:03 AM

May 2013
Kinda slow and expected outcome, but was still a nice fight. Also looks like the art/animation did improve for the fight scene.
Apr 26, 2014 1:19 AM

Dec 2013
Gray takes a beating, but continues to get up and take more of a beating.

Gray strips.

Gray destroys opponent.

Gray puts on hat, looks completely badass.

Results: Gray should keep the hat.

Fan service this episode was fun, it's always nice to see Mirajane.

I'm still having difficulty with this new animation. It's kinda crappy. I miss the old style, and I really never thought I'd say that about Fairy Tail animation.

The fight was good, usual FT fight scene. Gray's fights have never been that big of a deal for me, much prefer watching Erza or Natsu fight. Even Lucy has had some good fights, wonder what Leo has been up to? Wonder if we'll get a good Mirajane battle since Natsu's group will be attacked next episode?

Oh, well. I'll give this one 7/10.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Apr 26, 2014 1:21 AM

Jul 2013
nice episode. Gray finally defeated Rufus. :D Lol the fanservice. :D
Can't wait to see Erza get in on the action.
Apr 26, 2014 1:36 AM

Aug 2013
Felt the fights from the old fairy tail were better in quality wise, this one was kinda lame, feel like I'm looking at a picture book
Apr 26, 2014 2:07 AM

Jul 2010
blfan said:
What an episode, this episode just adapted one chapter and got streched into an whole episode. So we get some filler with Natsu's group, but fun filler, I like how they mentioned it was a waste of time, kind of acknowledge it's filler.

^This

Also, in a prison known as hell there is a couple of swimsuits...
Where did they come from? O.o Damn filler.
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Apr 26, 2014 2:17 AM
Jan 2014
Honestly I couldn't tell the difference when the art is good and when it is bad I just enjoy the anime, and manga for what it is, Plot, characters, fights. And when someone decides not to watch simply because of the art, it just doesn't seem, practical.
Apr 26, 2014 2:51 AM

Feb 2013
damn, at least put some wendy fanservice
Apr 26, 2014 3:15 AM

Aug 2013
I was expecting something more from Gray vs Rufus fight, but it was fine i guess.

Also it was hilarious when he took his shirt off and how everyone reacted to it :D

Decent episode.
Apr 26, 2014 3:24 AM

May 2010
The way they showed Juvia multiple times was so forced, and I was like "ughhh". Showing her once or twice would've been enough. On top of it, she kept saying the same thing again and again.

Lol at "He took it off" Finally Ice Make Unlimited! I still am mad at the animators for ruining the art and animation related to my fav. male character i.e. Gray. Lucy's fine so I am thankful for that but with Gray, the treatment is horrible.

Anyways, "I've dealt with hotter flames".

Don't know what to think anymore. If only Fairy Tail could become it used to be... I am getting tired of saying this again and again... Wish those times could come when I looked forward to every episode like my week wouldn't be complete without it.
Apr 26, 2014 3:50 AM

Apr 2014
The episode was good - the animation was a bit static but I am hoping they're just saving money to animate the climax of this arc the way it deserves.

Shirtless Gray with Rufus's hat... now, isn't that worth memorizing...

Did anyone notice how big-sized Lily's face is just completely messed-up in the preview?
Apr 26, 2014 3:53 AM

Jun 2013
ohh come one, still no blood ? WHY ?? I mean, what are they gonna do with erza vs kagura ?

I wanted to see the ice bringer animated and I get what ? gray posing with 2 ice swords on a ice background!! dissapointed, very dissapointed!!

I am greatfull that gray looks more like a adult now.. in the old FT he looked like a 10 year old.. his eyes and hair are god now..same with Erza.. god, Erza is great now
Apr 26, 2014 4:35 AM

Jul 2010
Comparison of Gray's Ice Impact: Anime vs Manga

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a106/asuka_gx/ft2.jpg

Comparison of Gray's Ice-Make Unlimited: One Sided Chaotic Dance: Anime vs Manga

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a106/asuka_gx/ft4.jpg

Yeah, Anime version is meh...
Hyuga Junpei: “Yeah… I’m confident… Because my teammates will help me out! I can shoot confidently.. because it will be okay even if I miss!”

Kagami Taiga: “I don’t know about being the bad guy or whatever. It’s only in stories where titles like that decide the loser. This is our show. We’re the ones who are writing the script.”
Apr 26, 2014 4:42 AM

Apr 2014
AsukaTenjyoin said:
Comparison of Gray's Ice Impact: Anime vs Manga

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a106/asuka_gx/ft2.jpg

Comparison of Gray's Ice-Make Unlimited: One Sided Chaotic Dance: Anime vs Manga

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a106/asuka_gx/ft4.jpg

Yeah, Anime version is meh...

I know what you mean. I was disappointed a bit as well because it was done so much better in the manga. The fight could have been a lot better if the animators tried a bit harder but in the end it felt a bit underwhelming :/
Apr 26, 2014 4:43 AM

Mar 2013
I try to stop watching this cus is boring, then, the ost...
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Apr 26, 2014 4:51 AM
Jul 2018
boring, Fairy Tail fights are so forgettable like when Grey had that short flashback with people he faced before I couldn't remember one person.
Apr 26, 2014 5:15 AM

Mar 2008
next episode, plant rape ft. Natsu hahaha
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 90 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2015

143 by Yubisoft »»
Nov 17, 2023 1:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.