Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2008 4:25 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, that was the first episode of an anime in which almost none of the main characters appeared. Anyway, looks like Franco and Franca are back. Can't wait to see Pinocchio die.

Angelica looks different, just as all girls. I still liked the episode I guess, since I wasn't bored and it finished before I noticed.

On a side note, I loved the detail on the cars. The blue car in the garage was an Alfa Romeo 8c Competizione. Kinda impressive.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 20, 2008 7:08 PM

Apr 2007
Good episode, although a lot of people are going to be disappointed when they see they misinterpreted the ending of the last episode of the original series.

Also, I had no idea Huey Lewis and the News sounded like that in Italian.
Jan 21, 2008 3:26 AM

Oct 2007
A lot better episode than first. Animation didn't look that bad when there wasn't much action.

Jan 21, 2008 4:04 AM

Oct 2007
cyruz said:
Wow, that was the first episode of an anime in which almost none of the main characters appeared

I consider pino,franco and franca main characters.

And since i consider both series very separate,i'll always consider angelica dead at the end of episode 13 lol
all for fun.fun for all
Jan 21, 2008 6:12 AM

Jan 2008
Anegelica alive...Now that was surprising. oO All in all, better episode than first one.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Jan 21, 2008 12:54 PM

Aug 2007
o.O Angelica is alive... Well Franco and Franca are back. Pino is an interesting char and i hope he doesn't kill any girl because of the earlier incident.
Jan 22, 2008 12:29 AM

May 2007
The only surprise from the episode is... *drum roll*

"Angelica is alive"

and doing well. lol
Jan 22, 2008 2:00 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Well they said they would change that when they revealed the first info on Il Teatrino. Her death never happened.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 22, 2008 8:17 AM

Apr 2007
Well, after watching the first 2 episodes I'm disappointed like most of you. The animation lacks, the characters are changed in one way or another, it just doesn't feel the same as the first Gunslinger Girl season, that was pure awesome.
I'm gonna give it one more episode, if it doesn't take a 180 degrees turn, I'm dropping it.

Jan 22, 2008 10:40 AM

Jul 2007
I actually don't hate it anymore. They are following the manga well so my grudge is over. The animation is still garbage though.
Jan 22, 2008 3:00 PM

Sep 2007
Well, that was a good episode, despite the fact that it's nowhere near the quality I expect from Gunslinger Girls successor, on it's own, it looks like it will be a decent series. As with cyruz, I didn't catch myself mousing over the seek bar to see how much time was left, so it certainly did keep me entertained. I'm still hoping this series will surprise me, but if it stays as it is, it will be alright.
Jan 22, 2008 3:13 PM

Nov 2007
Still crap. Dropped. I guess I'll just have to hunt down the manga instead sometime.
Jan 23, 2008 3:10 AM

Apr 2007
Nataki said:
Well, that was a good episode, despite the fact that it's nowhere near the quality I expect from Gunslinger Girls successor, on it's own, it looks like it will be a decent series. As with cyruz, I didn't catch myself mousing over the seek bar to see how much time was left, so it certainly did keep me entertained. I'm still hoping this series will surprise me, but if it stays as it is, it will be alright.

same.

Angelica's got different hair and eye colour, but at least she still looks adorable (unlike Rico who looks like a complete idiot).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2008 10:25 PM

Oct 2007
The episode was ok, not anything special...but what happened to the ED? it sounded completely different than the first ep! which one is supposed to be the real one?
Jan 24, 2008 1:58 AM

Apr 2007
Aspha said:
The episode was ok, not anything special...but what happened to the ED? it sounded completely different than the first ep! which one is supposed to be the real one?

lol, i noticed that too.
Guess they've got different versions from different singers of the song. Maybe use a new singer every ep or something, i dunno.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2008 4:25 AM

Jul 2007
Wow, this was actually decent! Too bad it was focused more on the mission than, you know, the characters (probably a good thing since this season isn't exactly good at characterization).

oh, these little earthquakes
Jan 29, 2008 5:43 PM

Oct 2007
Siing said:
Aspha said:

lol, i noticed that too.
Guess they've got different versions from different singers of the song. Maybe use a new singer every ep or something, i dunno.

it seems theres 2 versions of it, one by Tada Aoi and the other one by Lia...one of first ep is by Tada Aoi, 2nd one is Lia....i like first one much better
Jan 29, 2008 5:52 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Aspha said:
it seems theres 2 versions of it, one by Tada Aoi and the other one by Lia...one of first ep is by Tada Aoi, 2nd one is Lia....i like first one much better

That is true, I just got the ED release today and there are indeed both singers on it singing the same song. I like both but overall the OP is better.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 29, 2008 5:56 PM

Oct 2007
I love both the OP and the ED
Apr 2, 2009 2:08 PM

Jan 2008
I will finish this, I swear, no matter how much it hurts.
Aug 26, 2009 10:05 PM

May 2009
Must have been a manga episode, looks like the people who've read it enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty boring.

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Sep 13, 2009 3:27 PM

Mar 2009
Good ep, I like Pinocchio, and it seems like my wishes of more continuity have been answered. Looks like this will be the root of the entire show, maybe I'm wrong. And, wtf?!? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Angelica die at the end of Season 1? Either that or Marco was jumping to conclusions, lol. It seemed like they tried to bring more of the darkness/emotion back, but not fully there yet. I'm really happy Flanca is back, I really liked her in the first season. Gradually getting better, but not enough Josei/Henrietta!! Urahara Out!!
Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 21, 2010 11:39 PM

Aug 2009
Yay angelica is alive ^_^

Apr 22, 2010 10:24 AM

Apr 2009
for a moment i thought Pino was Jean when Young!
oh well it seems they ruined it after the first season: angela alive, the voice cast, the animation, character design... Guess it's in this little things that you can see the difference between a top-notch studio and others...
Hope that at least the story can keep up
Oct 11, 2011 9:47 PM

Feb 2010
omg Pino he seems quite interesting
Sheepshaman.png
Feb 14, 2012 2:06 AM

Sep 2011
Omg Ange is alive!? And Marco's hair is yellow now and he talks different... great?
Sep 4, 2012 9:19 PM
Apr 2012
Turned it off soon as they reintroduced an alive and well Angelica. My gf had seen the last episode of season 1 because I convinced her that this show was different, and mature, and dark, and very grown up, and altogether not perverted. She was impressed and very interested in seeing more. I was smug and very proud.

Episode 1 of season 2 was a kick in the teeth that made me seem like half a liar. Episode 2 of season 2... well lets just say I won't be watching this show with my gf again any time soon.

Thanks guys ...

Sooo angry...
Feb 14, 2014 11:23 AM

Jul 2011
cyruz said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, that was the first episode of an anime in which almost none of the main characters appeared. Anyway, looks like Franco and Franca are back. Can't wait to see Pinocchio die.

Angelica looks different, just as all girls. I still liked the episode I guess, since I wasn't bored and it finished before I noticed.

On a side note, I loved the detail on the cars. The blue car in the garage was an Alfa Romeo 8c Competizione. Kinda impressive.

what is this nonsense i just watched. The GUNSLINGER GIRLS only appeared for about 8 seconds in the whole episode. I don't give a f** about pinocchio i hope he dies!

ok I am rewatching this series so I kinda remember it, but I also remember not caring about Pinocchio still.

Anyways I forgot how dramatic the animation style was changed. And Henrietta doesn't have that cute innocent voice anymore. Still adorable though.

Triela is still bad ass.

And Angelica is alive and somehow maybe resuscitated with different hair and eye color!

Anyways it's been 2.5 long years since I've watched this. Great series, nonetheless.
Aug 2, 2014 11:03 AM

Jun 2014
The animation in this episode is better than the first one. And Angelica looks like a completely different person!
Sep 5, 2014 11:20 AM

May 2012
Here we go again the slow ass pace :|
Oct 22, 2014 5:16 AM

Aug 2013
Angelica lives!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 23, 2014 10:42 AM
Jun 2013
Why are they changing peoples hair color. It makes no sense. Marco wasint blonde last time I checked. I also see death flags for the little girl always following pino. Pino himself just seems like another cold hearted killer character. Hell he had no problem killing a innocent young girl. So its kinda hard to feel pity for him or anything right now. Nice to see angelica alive.
Mar 24, 2016 7:56 PM

Jan 2013
Seasonreaper said:
I will finish this, I swear, no matter how much it hurts.

Exactly my thought(s), lol. Kinda better than that epic POS of EP1, but still trashy AF.
Apr 7, 2018 7:52 PM

Mar 2016
YAMERO!!! The pace is just as slow as last season! This is getting painful to watch!
However, the plot is definitely getting more interesting. And I'm guessing Pinnochio will encounter one of the girls and maybe fight each other?
Nov 18, 2018 7:48 AM

Jan 2013
Pino's going to kill that little girl for sure.
Also wtf, I thought Angelica died last season, it wasnt shown but they definitely hinted towards it at the end o.O
Oct 1, 2019 7:54 AM

Oct 2012
I kinda like the OP, but I don't think it's suitable song after that scene :P

Franco and Franca, they appeared in season 1 right?
The bomb makers

So Pinocchio is scared of guns because he killed that girl when he was a child

Looks like the story have continuation instead of random "monster of the week" kind of thing
I'm looking forward for both sides to meet
It's going to be chaos
"Signature removed"
Jul 27, 2022 3:03 PM

Jan 2020
They retconned Angelica's death? Even without it being explicitly shown, there is almost no other way to interpret what happened at the end of season one other than she died. That just solidifies that this was essentially rebooted to counter the content of season one.

This season is bullshit.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 10, 2022 8:36 AM

Aug 2010
commonxreaction said:
They retconned Angelica's death? Even without it being explicitly shown, there is almost no other way to interpret what happened at the end of season one other than she died. That just solidifies that this was essentially rebooted to counter the content of season one.

This season is bullshit.
Yeah apparently the manga author didn't like how they ended S1 (since S1 came out when the manga was relatively early on, they made up Angelica's death to be a satisfying ending). So he forced them to retcon it in S2 since she still had a role to play I guess.
My YouTube channel, where I do unboxings and show off my anime collection, merchandise, and other swag:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TCTriangle
Aug 10, 2022 8:48 AM

Jan 2020
TCTriangle said:
commonxreaction said:

This season is bullshit.
Yeah apparently the manga author didn't like how they ended S1 (since S1 came out when the manga was relatively early on, they made up Angelica's death to be a satisfying ending). So he forced them to retcon it in S2 since she still had a role to play I guess.

Hmm. Well, now I'm somewhat torn. On the one hand, I really dislike this new season and as a result haven't bothered to try and finish it. On the other hand, I'm all about catering to source material. I dislike filler, and I like letting the original creators ideas get showcased rather than having them be open to interpretation and handled loosely.

Alas -- a conundrum. Well, either way I was going to start watching at least an episode a day between weekly things.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 16, 2022 1:43 PM

Jul 2015
Hold on Angelica is still alive?! I was certain she died at the end of s1 but I guess I was wrong.

Dec 2, 2022 5:49 PM
Mar 2019
We are introduced to Pinocchio who kills a Young Girl and her Father, Pinocchio is the Antagonist for this season.
Franca & Franco the bomb makers are to meet with Pinocchio to make plans.
Jan 26, 12:06 PM
Apr 2020
I'd rather pour bleach into my eyes.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Episode 10 Discussion

Ranivus - Jun 19, 2008

27 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Dec 11, 2022 10:07 PM

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ranivus - Jun 19, 2008

66 by bushman66 »»
Dec 11, 2022 5:51 PM

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Episode 12 Discussion

Ranivus - Jun 19, 2008

18 by bushman66 »»
Dec 11, 2022 5:47 PM

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Episode 11 Discussion

Ranivus - Jun 19, 2008

16 by bushman66 »»
Dec 10, 2022 7:36 PM

Poll: » Gunslinger Girl -Il Teatrino- Episode 9 Discussion

Ranivus - Jun 18, 2008

19 by bushman66 »»
Dec 6, 2022 5:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.