Forum Settings
Forums

Is there an anime you can't seem to find flaws in it's enjoyment? Probable spoilers for multiple series.

New
Apr 22, 2014 1:49 PM

Jul 2011
My favorite anime ever is One Piece, I simply love almost everything about it and I doubt I will find another series to can take it's place in my heart, however I do find some flaws in One Piece ( animation and art is a big issue) and also some other things I come across as well. In the other hand Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood in my opinion is "the perfect anime" I just can't seem to find anything wrong with it. I rate based in my enjoyment but when I think about it FMAB animation, sound, story, characters is just amazing. It has a little bit of everything to be honest, I think it definitely deserves the top spot on MAL.

But I wanna know if there is a series that you guys like, that you like so much that you can't find anything wrong with it.
rodacApr 23, 2014 10:29 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 22, 2014 1:50 PM

Feb 2010
Well, objectively speaking there are always LOGH and Cowboy Bebop to disprove the existence of flaws.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 22, 2014 1:51 PM

Jun 2011
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Well, objectively speaking there are always Inferno Cop to disprove the existence of flaws.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Apr 22, 2014 1:52 PM

Sep 2011
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Well, objectively speaking there are always LOGH and Cowboy Bebop to disprove the existence of flaws.
bebop episode 6

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 22, 2014 1:52 PM

Mar 2014
Kemono no Souja Erin, perfect in every way in my mind.

SolBlade said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Well, objectively speaking there are always Inferno Cop to disprove the existence of flaws.

Also this.
Apr 22, 2014 1:53 PM
Dec 2013
FMA: Brotherhood.
Apr 22, 2014 1:55 PM

Aug 2013
Samurai Champloo. Great ost, relaxing atmosphere, works very well as an episodic anime imo more so than Bebop.

Kuuchuu Buranko to me was perfect as well. I can't see any flaw in it.
DrGeroCreationApr 22, 2014 2:02 PM
Apr 22, 2014 1:55 PM

Apr 2013
Brotherhood does have flaws. They're just not that big.

No matter how I look at baccano, I can never find anything wrong with it

same with elfen lied
Apr 22, 2014 1:57 PM

Mar 2014
Cupquake said:
same with elfen lied

Oooh Shiiieeet!
Apr 22, 2014 1:58 PM

Feb 2013
All my 10 don't have any flaws.
Apr 22, 2014 1:59 PM

Feb 2010
Cupquake said:

same with elfen lied

mericfully ignoring Elfen Lied I'd say Baccano's flaw is that it's an incomplete adaption. That's the only thing that bugs me every time I think about the show.

Jul 2011
Cupquake said:

same with elfen lied

Please

Dec 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Objectively speaking Cowboy Bepoop is trash. I'm aware of it's inherent flaws and low quality without even watching one episode. That should give anyone a clear picture on how bad it is.

OT:

There is nothing majorly wrong in Naruto imo. I'm aware of some minor flaws but that's about it.
Apr 22, 2014 2:00 PM

Jun 2011
Brotherhood does have some flaws, such as (in my opinion) a lackluster final villain and some convenient moments. Nothing too major except the first point, though, so I can see what you guys mean.
This is coming from a guy who gave it a 10, by the way.

Nov 2013
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Cupquake said:

same with elfen lied

mericfully ignoring Elfen Lied I'd say Baccano's flaw is that it's an incomplete adaption. That's the only thing that bugs me every time I think about the show.

what

baccano! wasn't completed? Thats news to me. This will forever piss me off.

Jul 2011
Ulquiorra1923 said:

I see Bleach is your favorite anime. I rather not get started with the innumerable amount of flaws bleach has.
Apr 22, 2014 2:01 PM

Sep 2013
For me no, unfortunately. Lately all anime that I watch always manage to annoy me somehow (but in different degrees, of course).
Apr 22, 2014 2:02 PM

Apr 2013
Celestrial2 said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Cupquake said:

same with elfen lied

what

There's a bunch of unadapted light novels. That was why I was so pissed when Durarara got another season

Nov 2010
One Piece basically. There's only a few small things that I don't like, but they are very minor in affecting my enjoyment.

Feb 2013
crims0nBLADEZ91 said:
Ulquiorra1923 said:

Bleach is half filller...

Having fillers isn't the same as having flaws.

Mar 2012
SolBlade said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

I disagree. Inferno Cop's flaw is that it can't be better.
Apr 22, 2014 2:03 PM

Feb 2010
Celestrial2 said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Cupquake said:

same with elfen lied

what

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Baccano!_light_novels

There seem to be about 10 unadapted Novels. The anime is basically just the first arc as far as I can tell.
Apr 22, 2014 2:03 PM

Apr 2013
Ulquiorra1923 said:
crims0nBLADEZ91 said:
Ulquiorra1923 said:

Bleach is half filller...

Having fillers isn't the same as having flaws.

Kubo doesn't draw backgrounds
Apr 22, 2014 2:04 PM

Nov 2013
Cupquake said:
Celestrial2 said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Cupquake said:

same with elfen lied

what

There's a bunch of unadapted light novels. That was why I was so pissed when Durarara got another season

Thats actually extremely upsetting. I want more Baccano! :(

But I'm gonna have to disagree with your comment of Durarara!! Although It wasn't perfect like Baccano! I did really enjoy it a lot and I'm very excited for the next season.
Apr 22, 2014 2:04 PM

Apr 2014
LOGH for me.

FMA:B has flaws.
Apr 22, 2014 2:06 PM

Apr 2013
Celestrial2 said:
Cupquake said:
Celestrial2 said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Cupquake said:

same with elfen lied

what

But I'm gonna have to disagree with your comment of Durarara!! Although It wasn't perfect like Baccano! I did really enjoy it a lot and I'm very excited for the next season.

Durarara and Baccano were written by the same guy, so I was basically angry that they didn't decide to continue baccano instead of drrr
Apr 22, 2014 2:07 PM

Nov 2013
Cupquake said:
Celestrial2 said:
Cupquake said:
Celestrial2 said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Cupquake said:

same with elfen lied

what

Durarara and Baccano were written by the same guy, so I was basically angry that they didn't decide to continue baccano instead of drrr

Oh thats what you meant? Well, I think the revenue for Durarara!! was much higher so it makes sense in that point of view I guess
Apr 22, 2014 2:08 PM

Sep 2013
Soul Eater. Compared to the manga, its crap of course, but that doesnt keep it from being entirely --and the most at that-- enjoyable to me.
Extreme3708 said:
My favorite anime ever is One Piece, I simply love almost everything about it and I doubt I will find another series to can take it's place in my heart, however I do find some flaws in One Piece ( animation and art is a big issue) and also some other things I come across as well. In the other hand Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood in my opinion is "the perfect anime" I just can't seem to find anything wrong with it. I rate based in my enjoyment but when I think about it FMAB animation, sound, story, characters is just amazing. It has a little bit of everything to be honest, I think it definitely deserves the top spot on MAL.

But I wanna know if there is a series that you guys like, that you like so much that you can't find anything wrong with it.

You... like how much One Piece gets stretched out?? People can like that??
Apr 22, 2014 2:08 PM

Apr 2014
Cupquake said:
Celestrial2 said:
Cupquake said:
Celestrial2 said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Cupquake said:

same with elfen lied

what

Well, it's understandable DRRR got a new season seeing how well received it is in Japan. Baccano is more well received here in the western world despite being the better written series.
Apr 22, 2014 2:09 PM
Mar 2013
Clannad because there are no flaws
Apr 22, 2014 2:11 PM
Dec 2013
Trigun would've been flawless, if episode 14 never existed.
Jan 2014
Objectively speaking no anime is perfect. But if we're trully talking about pure enjoyment I would have to go with FMA: B and Steins gate, both have flaws but I just loved every single bit of them.

Apr 2014
JD2411 said:

Fuko Arc and After Story's ending though...

Jul 2011
JD2411 said:

Clannad was boring and overdramatic
Apr 22, 2014 2:14 PM

Jun 2011
JD2411 said:

Afterstory's ending?

Apr 22, 2014 2:15 PM

Dec 2013
Literally no flaws? I'll believe it when I see it. Closest thing I've seen would be Kenshin T&B.
Apr 22, 2014 2:19 PM

Feb 2010
Cowboy bebop is far from perfect. I'm gonna copy what I wrote in the thread of its first episode:

This is one of the most disappointing introductions I've seen in a while.
The world-building is almost nonexistent, the characters are nothing more than cardboard boxes, the comedy was dull and unoriginal. Am I really supposed to laugh at the protagonist that tries to hide food in his mouth?
The shaman was the epitome of the lazy writing of the show. His predictions felt like a good ole deus ex machina that allowed the protagonist to predict the future, without giving any plausible explanation.
The lacking character development leads to unanswered questions. Why did Katerina ask Solensan to spare Spike? Falling for a stranger just after meeting him sounds like lazy writing to me.
Why did she kill Solensan in the end? They were going to be arrested, sure, but I fail to understand how that would be worse than dying, at least from the scarce information we have of their personalities.
And why the hell the cigarette wasn't affected by gravity inside the Bebop, when the characters had their feet anchored to the ground?

And that's only for the first episode...
Apr 22, 2014 2:21 PM

Sep 2011
Cupquake said:
Celestrial2 said:
Cupquake said:
Celestrial2 said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Cupquake said:

same with elfen lied

what

as far as i know baccano actually came close to bombing or did bomb in sales while durarara did well

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 22, 2014 2:29 PM

Dec 2013
Steins;Gate
Apr 22, 2014 2:35 PM
Mar 2013
SolBlade said:
JD2411 said:

Afterstory's ending?
Okay, how is the ending a flaw? It was foreshadowed from the first season so it wasn't a plothole or anything

not liking something ≠ flaw
Apr 22, 2014 2:37 PM

Jul 2013
JizzyHitler said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
bebop episode 6

heh was gonna say Sympathy for the Devil too
Apr 22, 2014 2:39 PM

Dec 2013
JD2411 said:
SolBlade said:
JD2411 said:

Afterstory's ending?
Okay, how is the ending a flaw? It was foreshadowed from the first season so it wasn't a plothole or anything

FINALLY SOMEONE GETS IT.
Apr 22, 2014 2:41 PM

Sep 2011
hybreezy said:
JizzyHitler said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
bebop episode 6

Its honestly the only episode of that series id say was bad. That episode and a couple other ehh episodes/moments at random parts of the series are why i didnt give it a 10. still a well deserved 9/10 in my book

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 22, 2014 2:44 PM

Jul 2013
JizzyHitler said:
hybreezy said:
JizzyHitler said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
bebop episode 6

Its honestly the only episode of that series id say was bad. That episode and a couple other ehh episodes/moments at random parts of the series are why i didnt give it a 10. still a well deserved 9/10 in my book

Yeah it also doesn't help it comes right after one of the best episodes (if not clearly the best by that point).
Apr 22, 2014 2:45 PM

Jun 2011
JD2411 said:
SolBlade said:
JD2411 said:

Afterstory's ending?

I could say it's DEM but then I'd get lots of VN players telling me otherwise. It felt that way to me, to be honest.
But yeah, I honestly hated the ending but liked the rest of the series.

Apr 22, 2014 2:46 PM

Mar 2014
Zer01 said:
Steins;Gate

Meh
Apr 22, 2014 2:47 PM
Mar 2013
SolBlade said:
JD2411 said:
SolBlade said:
JD2411 said:

Afterstory's ending?

I could say it's DEM but then I'd get lots of VN players telling me otherwise.
It's not DEM because it was foreshadowed

Not liking it is fine. But saying it's an asspull or DEM makes no sense at all because it was foreshadowed from the beginning
Apr 22, 2014 2:47 PM

Nov 2010
SolBlade said:
JD2411 said:
SolBlade said:
JD2411 said:

Afterstory's ending?

I could say it's DEM but then I'd get lots of VN players telling me otherwise. It felt that way to me, to be honest.
Well you don't need VN players to tell you. Just anime fans can show you where it was foreshadowed.
It's not a DEM but you're free to dislike how it was done.
Apr 22, 2014 2:48 PM
Nov 2013
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Well, objectively speaking there are always Baccano and Cowboy Bebop to disprove the existence of flaws.

Yup, indeed... I'd also say that Mushishi has no flaws. Every episode, with its own story, is perfectly made. Also, Ginko's backstory is perfect.
Apr 22, 2014 2:50 PM

Mar 2014
Rashkolnikov said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Well, objectively speaking there are always Baccano and Cowboy Bebop to disprove the existence of flaws.

Yup, indeed... I'd also say that Mushishi has no flaws. Every episode, with its own story, is perfectly made. Also, Ginko's backstory is perfect.

Mushishi is one that I can't really find flaws.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

21 by bucciest »»
5 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18?

bluefin2004 - Today

40 by traed »»
15 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

131 by APolygons2 »»
21 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - 2 hours ago

1 by Serafos »»
35 minutes ago

» Describe an anime in a funny way.

NOTAGLOWIE - Mar 2, 2022

33 by AverageRiceFan »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.