Forum Settings
Forums
Fuuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2014 4:44 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
L, fun time on the beach and stars. Oh wait, we get a bug too~
Apr 21, 2014 5:14 PM
Aug 2013
When Fuuka was so enthusiastic about making food for Yuu and said that she likes cooking I was like "Well, you can't be exactly like your mother, can you?", but then I saw the eggs (uh-oh) and shortly after that the explosion and I was like "Nevermind then!". That made me laugh, I think it was a good chapter.
Apr 21, 2014 5:21 PM

Jul 2012
The way he went from a frightened jump to trying to take her shirt off was more skill than lucky.

Great episode!!!
Apr 21, 2014 7:33 PM
Jul 2012
I'm more surprised about the three of them not meeting by now.
Apr 21, 2014 9:05 PM

Aug 2012
He is seeing different kinds of stars after that punch
Apr 21, 2014 9:20 PM

Nov 2012
Of course it's going to be a skillful fall like that one, OF COURSEEE.
Wonder when he will spill the beans on how he is friends with her favorite artist.
Apr 21, 2014 9:53 PM

Jan 2010
Fun chapter. The instant I saw those eggs I knew exactly what would happen. Nice Suzuka reference there. xP
Apr 21, 2014 10:28 PM

Oct 2013
Seo should've asked Asano to draw some stars for him
Apr 22, 2014 2:39 AM

Aug 2012
Like mother indeed.
But still, I couldn't feel even a tiny bit of this supposed to be sweet chapter. My hate for Seo must be really bad I think.
Apr 22, 2014 3:31 AM

Oct 2013
Boiled eggs again, huh?
Apr 22, 2014 4:35 AM
Feb 2012
Let's randomly check out a chapter of this series and see if Seo's gotten bette- *sees how MC-kun accidentally takes off female's shirt* Well, as pathetic as ever, Seo-kun. Ganbare, you failure of an author!
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 22, 2014 5:50 AM
Mar 2010
Behemoth11 said:
Boiled eggs again, huh?

I have always wondered whhe do boiled eggs explode when put in the microwave
Apr 22, 2014 5:52 AM
Mar 2010
neonBdragon said:
The way he went from a frightened jump to trying to take her shirt off was more skill than lucky.

Great episode!!!

I actually wanted to see the part where he tried to get under her shirt while neing given a lap pillow
Apr 22, 2014 6:12 AM

Mar 2012
Like mother like daughter indeed lol.. Wonder if next chapter we're gonna see Koyuki there..
Keep moving forward
Apr 22, 2014 8:27 AM

Aug 2012
Yea , these are cute moments. But I am still waiting for something to actually happen. Anyway , sure , why not make the the mc accidentaly take the girl's shirt off twice just so she could hit him , very clever.
Apr 22, 2014 8:44 AM

May 2013
Fuuka sure knows howto cook. Both of them spending some alone time looking at the stars. Yuu ruined that moment lol.
Apr 22, 2014 8:46 AM

Apr 2013
Them sharing the jacket... that was cute :p

Apr 22, 2014 9:04 AM

Jan 2014
i like how this is going...I bet he'll get punch a lot in the next chapters...
please support a Fuuka page i created in facebook:

Thank You :)
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Apr 22, 2014 10:14 PM

Jul 2010
This chapter had a little bit of everything. Yuu being teased, Fuuka wanting to cook for him, Suzuka memories with exploding eggs, premonitions of craziness to come (when Koyuki visits the beach house), a touching moment stargazing with Fuuka, sharing a jacket, then Yuu freaking about a bug and getting hit for a good reason. (Sure, it was an accident, but dude! You deserved that...) One wonders if Fuuka had to jump in to save him from drowning after she knocked him into the water? (Those certainly looked like drowning noises he was making there...)

One cute thing I noticed: on page 11 (on CR Manga) when Yuu is tweeting about the habanero salad and exploding eggs, the first response to his tweet is from "Yamato". Wouldn't it be a hoot if Fuuka's dad was one of Yuu's followers on twitter? LOL! I can see what happens when they meet and Yamato figures out that Yuu has been tweeting things about his daughter for however many months, then remembering the one about exploding eggs and busting out laughing. "Wait! She fed you exploding eggs before you started dating, right? Just like her mom!"

Have you noticed that things with the two of them tend to happen in twos? In particular, things like the "upskirt" thing in the first chapter and the "upshirt" thing in this chapter. First she hits him over something that is entirely not his fault, the first time he wasn't actually taking a picture and this time he was asleep and didn't know what he was doing. Then, later in the chapter, he actually does what he got hit for earlier. (I don't know if she hit him for the actual upskirt photo or not...) Of course, it is always an accident...

I'm really looking forward to Fuuka's reaction when she figures out that Koyuki and Yuu are childhood friends and that Yuu is obviously the guy Koyuki thinks about when she writes love songs. I really want to know how she'll react.
Apr 22, 2014 10:45 PM
Oct 2013
lmao this chapter was so good. so far the relationship between Fuuka and Yuu is good and it will be interesting when the three of them meet up.
Apr 23, 2014 1:36 AM

Feb 2013
Wasn't it supposed to be supernatural? I wonder what he's got in mind. So far it's been pretty stale. Hopefully it won't turn out like KNIM and won't be as long either.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Apr 23, 2014 2:31 AM

Sep 2011
Not really a fan of the misunderstandings/accidentally falling on a girl thing. I think the chapter would've been better without it. Still not bad I guess.
Apr 23, 2014 12:03 PM

Jul 2010
In a lot of ways, this is a fairly major departure from Seo's previous work. The main thing that I am thinking about is the living arrangements of the protagonists. In both Suzuka and KnIM, as well as Half & Half, the protagonists either live together or close enough to being together that it doesn't make a difference. (In Suzuka they are in separate apartments in the same building, but there is a hole in the wall connecting the two and they generally share meals with his aunt.) Even in Princess Lucia the female protagonist has pretty much free access to the male protagonist's room at all hours of the night.

Until this summer work arc, this was not the case for Fuuka, and it has been a total non factor so far in this arc, other than the easy availability for a little late-night chat on the pier, followed by some accidental groping, immediately followed by some tsundere abuse and potential drowning.

I guess what I am trying to get at is that the relationship between Fuuka and Yuu seems a bit more natural than in the previous works by Seo that I am familiar with. (I haven't read his other stuff yet...)

There also doesn't seem to be the unnatural attachment issue that he seems to be quite fond of, at least between the primary couple. In Suzuka, Yamato was smitten hard and fast. It took Suzuka a long time to warm up to him due to her natural tsundere tendencies, but he was gone from the get-go.

In KnIM the shoe was on the other foot. Yuzuki was harboring a 10 year old crush when the story started, and it was clear that she was in love with Haruto from very early on. Then, of course, with the Tokyo arc, the shoe switched feet... big time!

Both Half & Half and Princess Lucia have their own versions of this trope as well.

In Fuuka the trope is not really there. Sure, there is a clear attraction between the two. Mikasa sees it, but it isn't clear that he is certain that Yuu likes Fuuka as much as Fuuka appears to like Yuu. But the attraction doesn't take the step across the line to pathological, at least not for Yuu and Fuuka. It seems like a fairly natural amount of attraction between a young man and woman who have recently met and have some common interests. Circumstances have tossed them together in many cases and Yuu feels "drawn" to her, or "swept up in the warm summer breeze" that surrounds her, but there isn't the sense that either of them could turn into a stalker at any minute. (Koyuki, on the other hand... well... Yeah, he hasn't entirely given up on the trope... LOL)

Anyway, I find the story refreshing, fun, and the art is really quite good. At some point I will probably do some compare and contrast images between Fuuka and Suzuka. (The exploding eggs will be one...)
Apr 23, 2014 9:14 PM

Nov 2011
Looks like MAL changed the cover art page of the entry.
Apr 29, 2014 9:18 PM

Mar 2014
Lol at the exploding eggs! Fuuka has her mom's genes in her. I can't wait until Koyuki meets up with Fuuka and starts up this love triangle for real.

More topics from this board

» what seo had to say about the future of Fuuka

Spider-titan55 - Feb 18, 2015

21 by ersdtrycgh »»
Sep 29, 2022 8:13 AM

Poll: » Fuuka Chapter 184 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2018

10 by HectorBlaze »»
Apr 20, 2022 4:55 AM

Poll: » Fuuka Chapter 195 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

37 by Stargazingx »»
Mar 12, 2022 3:52 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Karoshi- - Feb 8, 2014

111 by daywithoutgames »»
Mar 8, 2022 11:56 AM

» how related is fuuka and suzuka

PremiumCascade - Nov 30, 2014

12 by efbaei »»
Jul 14, 2021 12:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.