Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 7, 2014 8:02 AM

Feb 2012
Here is a collection of news briefs for the last week in anime/manga news. These briefs include announcements that would not normally receive their own news thread. Please check the News Board for previous major announcements. The last News Briefs can be found here.

Upcoming Anime

Kamigami no Asobi - Now currently airing
Additional cast for the series have been announced.

Dionysos Thyrsos: Hirofumi Nojima
Tor Megingyoruzu: Noriaki Sugiyama
Melissa: Tomokazu Seki

Source: Official site, animate.tv
Previous related news: Otome Game 'Kamigami no Asobi' to Be Animated

Other Anime News

'Kaze Tachinu' BD/DVD Releasing on June 18
According to Amazon Japan, the BD/DVD for Kaze Tachinu will be released June 18th. The movie premiered on July 20, 2013.

Source: Amazon Japan

News submitted by rederoin[/quote]

Manga News

Liar Game
A scan from the latest issue of Young Jump magazine reveals that the manga is entering its final arc.

Source: Scan via ANN

Shinsekai yori
A scan from the latest issue of Bessatsu Shounen magazine reveals that the manga will end in two chapters. The ending issue will be released June 9, 2014.

Source: Scan via ANN

Industry News

Seiyuu Ikumi Hayama Announces Marriage
Seiyuu Ikumi Hayama has announced her marriage via her personal blog. According to the blog post, she got married on March 29, 2014. Her husband is not from the entertainment industry, but the post notes that he is a long-time acquaintance and that he is supportive of her career.

Source: Blog Post, ANN

Seiyuu Mayako Nigo Announces Marriage
An announcement made on the personal blog of seiyuu Mayako Nigo reveals that she has gotten married. She is most known for her role as Yayoi Takatsuki in the iDOLM@STER series.

Source: Blog Post, Yaraon!

Natsuko Asou to Take Break From Singing Career
Singer Natsuko Asou has announced that she will be putting her singing career on hold. She will be focusing on her television career. Her last singing performance will be on September 14, 2014 at the 15th Anniversary Live Lantis Matsuri 2014 ~ Tsunaguze! Anime no Wa!~ event.

Source: Cinema Today
NaruleachAug 12, 2014 1:14 AM
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Apr 7, 2014 8:02 AM

Feb 2012
PVs/TV Ads
A collection of promotional videos and TV advertisements from the past week.
Recent PVs and CMs from series that air during the Spring anime season can be found here.
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Apr 7, 2014 8:03 AM

Sep 2011
liar game is ending? looking forword to reading it when it does

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 7, 2014 8:05 AM
Jan 2013
Congrats 4 da ppl who have married.
Apr 7, 2014 8:12 AM

Nov 2008
so liar game is almost out of the picture.
Apr 7, 2014 8:14 AM

Feb 2012
JizzyHitler said:
liar game is ending? looking forword to reading it when it does

Same. When it went on hiatus for around a year I was about to just go ahead and read the series since I wasn't sure when it would end, but now I do. Definitely high on the plan to read list.
Apr 7, 2014 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
I might start reading Liar Game soon. Sad to see Aku no Hana ending as well...:s
Apr 7, 2014 12:20 PM
Oct 2013
I don't have heard about these Liar Game,but i will look at it when i will have time... Beyond this,not more interesting for me...
Apr 7, 2014 2:49 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I love Liar Game! Sad hear that it's ending soon, but then again, they can't keep up the tournaments forever.
Apr 7, 2014 3:46 PM

Jan 2013
back in the old days these news briefs were more exciting
Apr 7, 2014 4:00 PM

Aug 2013
Man, at this point i really wish that somebody in Japan would be dared enough to get Liar Game animated. I've seen the Live-Action and, whilst very faithful to the manga, it felt rather dull and generally fails at capturing the thrill and shock value which makes the manga so very entertaining. Anime would be much better medium to adapt it, i think.
Apr 7, 2014 5:22 PM

Nov 2011
What's this? more stuff from my favorites list abruptly ending? why not just kill me now.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 7, 2014 6:33 PM
Mar 2012
Oh wow, Soukyuu no Fafner actually looks pretty good now after seeing that PV
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
2 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
3 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
5 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
6 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.