Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kill la Kill
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2014 12:52 PM

Jun 2009
There goes one show that I have looked forward to on a weekly basis.

Will miss my weekly Kill la Kill.

We might get a season 2, they did say that there are other planets where life fibers have successfully consumed and spread. An invasion of life fibers from another plant may set up for a sequel. But for now I am very content with this season.
Mar 27, 2014 12:56 PM

Feb 2013
Dat Satsuki haircut <3
Fake Gamagoori death was pretty... no... don't do such a thing ever again.
Rest in Peace Senketsu, hopefully your last wish will come true.
Did someone else also spoted Gamagoori in a suit with roses in the ending? ;D

Normally I would rate it a 9/10 but since it was Triggers first full fledged project, which impressed me so much, which I enjoyed so much, which remembered me why I started this hobby, why I watch anime, I will rate it a 10/10.
Anime was maybe not have been saved by this series, since there was no reason to save it, but KLK will be remembered.
Now excuse me, I have to rewatch TTGL to fill a hole in my heart until I'm able to watch the OVA.
-Bakemono-Mar 27, 2014 1:01 PM

Mar 27, 2014 12:59 PM
Nov 2013
Ryuko literally went Super Sonic in this episode...but in Kamui Trigger way man DAMN!!!
Mar 27, 2014 1:03 PM
May 2013
Just speechless, what an amazing journey it has been...
Mar 27, 2014 1:08 PM

Nov 2012
Am I only one who thought this episode was too rushed?

Okay, there were many good things that happened during the episode but it went so fast.

Anyway Trigger did good anime and I loved it. This gets 9/10 from me... for now.

Mar 27, 2014 1:10 PM

Jul 2013
Is that Battle of Gods ?

Good Ending. Finally the last form of Senketsu ! So damn Epic.
Ragyo's theme helped that epicness.

Poor Senketsu.

Satsuki Kawaii~
Mar 27, 2014 1:12 PM

Mar 2014
it was rushed T_T
nui's dead was rushed and so much things wasn't explained
hououmaru ????
life fiber bullet ???
but seriously it was a good episode *_*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2014 1:14 PM

Apr 2010
Great ending and a really long final fight. I feel satisfied!
9/10.
Mar 27, 2014 1:15 PM

Feb 2013
just one word: EPIC

l love the ending so much that l dont know if l want a second season (but please, it would be nice)

Mar 27, 2014 1:15 PM

Jun 2012
Shuhan said:
Anime wasnt saved.

As predicted.

7/10 for being entertaining and giving us Satsuki, though
Mar 27, 2014 1:17 PM
Nov 2013
My Thursdays are gonna be soooo meaningless now! A great show ended, and I was totally devastated when Ryuko lost Senketsu. And Ira x Mako is just such a sweet thing too! Man it's been an incredible journey, literally running home from school just to watch this anime first. Thank you TRIGGER, and I hope they surprise us with the OVA coming soon!

Literally loved every minute of it. Ryuko going in some Super Sonic/SSJ3-esque transformation, how she called Satsuki "nee-chan". Satsuki got shorter hair too! I was expecting this anime to go 30 minutes just like TTGL, so in my opinion it was rushed...but they pulled off quite nicely to end the series. And now Ryuko wears a scarf to remember Senketsu by, man it just makes me feel to do the same too.

Stunning first half; Stupendous second half. Anime totally had its up and downs, and man, I'd consider it to be my favourite anime thus far from someone who is getting back into Anime. Oh well, time to watch this again in English soon and it'll be goodbye to KLK :(

(Just realised too, the ending of what ED1 had is just like ED3...foreshadowing to the end of the series.)

-Some things I didn't like is how they rushed this, too. This can go into an entire rant if you will, but just wished they made it into near like a 30minute action of what TTGL had to offer. NUI and Raygo had some pretty underwhelming deaths, Rei just dies on the battlefield like that and Gamagoori comes back within minutes after his death? (Although I did like that resemblance to his face being the same as Gurren Lagann in the series on his belly). But Ryuko being the herione, made the show into a good one.

(Loved how they showed the Bank of Obama, probably thats were Obamacare went off haha. YaPoo too. Luckily, no Ganiax Plot twist/PSG Ending has intervened in this episode).

der4Mar 27, 2014 7:00 PM
Mar 27, 2014 1:24 PM
Nov 2013
I got so enranged when i saw the whole Nui thing. It's not because "she got away without a direct death etc" but because i totally nailed since the first time i've seen her in KlK. "Yo let's bet she'll turn into a gigantic thing at the end" just for jokes.

Fuck my thoughts.

Otherwise i'm pretty ok with this ending
Mar 27, 2014 1:39 PM

Nov 2013
SENKETSUUUUUUUU!

Well, the predictions (?) were true. I like how they managed this anime and hell they fit a lot in those 24 minutes.

At the end it was one hell of a ride. 9/10

You gotta love them sisters!!
Mar 27, 2014 1:44 PM

May 2012
Finally over. I have to say this was a fun, epic, and an amazing ride. Not to many anime can pull off a great ending, but I think Kill la Kill has.

10/10. This was perfect for me. It had all the action. An amazing characters. An crazy plot, and it came all together nicely. I don't want to see a season two. The ending was perfect. I think we should leave it at that.

Great series, Trigger. Great fucking series.
Mar 27, 2014 1:50 PM

Jun 2013
*SLOW CLAPS*

RIP Senketsu you will be missed :(
Mar 27, 2014 1:55 PM

Apr 2012
Damn, if I had to pick a waifu it'd be Yuzuki Ryou- I mean, Satsuki-sama... best character I've seen in a long while.

10/10 - This has been a wonderful experience, good job Trigger.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Mar 27, 2014 2:15 PM

Jul 2010
A little tear was shed. I liked the reference of art like the last episode of Gurren Lagann. 9/10, more than enjoyable nonetheless.
Mar 27, 2014 2:17 PM

Oct 2011
tsudecimo said:

Yeah. The score will go down eventually.

This is actually kinda funny:

It's going up.

I'm really glad TRIGGER's first project has been such a success for them - I'm looking forward to the next LWA and their other upcoming projects. (Both original and not.)
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Mar 27, 2014 2:21 PM

Dec 2012
BRSxIgnition said:
tsudecimo said:

It's going up.

I'm really glad TRIGGER's first project has been such a success for them - I'm looking forward to the next LWA and their other upcoming projects. (Both original and not.)

By eventually, I didn't mean today or tomorrow...Are you really this happy about a MAL ranking?

The success of the show is completely 100% irrelevant to the MAL ranking and the western fanbase. Volume one sold 7k IIRC, I would say that's a rather mediocre success, but good for a first TV project from a new studio.
Mar 27, 2014 2:27 PM
Nov 2013
Th3L4stW0lf said:
But please, post links to watch the eppisode!

На daisuki.net же!
Mar 27, 2014 2:28 PM

Nov 2012
I generally don't agree with tsudecimo and some of his posts have irked me in the past but I think I agree with him as far as KlK's score on MAL is concerned. The rating will probably go down given some time.

Still, happy that it reached 8.4+. My own rating of the show is close to it (did round it off to 9, but still :p). I have yet to see the final episode but I've spoiled myself. No matter, I don't think it ruined anything. In fact, it makes me more pumped to see the episode. Sadly, I'll probably only be able to check it out in like 12 hours. ;; Oh well. Will post my thoughts on the episode then. And will delete my 'impressions' and probably write a review. Whatever, glad KlK was a success for Trigger. Looking forward to whatever they make in the future.
Mar 27, 2014 2:32 PM

Dec 2012
TaRaNtAs said:
Th3L4stW0lf said:
But please, post links to watch the eppisode!

На daisuki.net же!
Only released in german so far :/
Mar 27, 2014 2:33 PM

Oct 2011
tsudecimo said:

By eventually, I didn't mean today or tomorrow...Are you really this happy about a MAL ranking?

I guess I am. It's not a perfect show, but I'm glad to see it getting these kinds of scores. It shows that with better execution, TRIGGER could really do something great.

Until then, I have Aldnoah Zero, Mekakucity Actors, Gundam G-Reco, and others to look forward to.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Mar 27, 2014 2:49 PM

Apr 2013
tsudecimo said:
BRSxIgnition said:
tsudecimo said:

It's going up.

The success of the show is completely 100% irrelevant to the MAL ranking and the western fanbase. Volume one sold 7k IIRC, I would say that's a rather mediocre success, but good for a first TV project from a new studio.

Must...resist...mentioning...N-N-
Mar 27, 2014 3:14 PM

Sep 2013
Trigger is here to stay. Kill la Kill specially the second half was fucking amazing.
Going to buy them blu rays now.
Mar 27, 2014 3:29 PM

Jan 2013
Nonon looked super cute.
Action was ok.
Ending was satifying.

Overall: Better in every way than TTGL except action, suck it up fanboys.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Mar 27, 2014 3:38 PM

Jan 2013
10/10, best anime ever.
Please understand.
Mar 27, 2014 3:50 PM

Aug 2011
That was rather rushed episode but it didn't actually bother me that much. I have never been amazed so many times just during one episode as in this one.

For now I give this insanity 9/10 as I still need to watch this with subs though I doubt it won't change much anything.
Ps. Satsuki's new short hairstyle was very nice^^
Mar 27, 2014 4:20 PM

May 2012
CAUTION - DETAILED SPOILERS, I'VE WATCHED THE SUBBED VERSION!

Thanks Based Daisuki for italian subs right the day it airs in Japan... I've really enjoyed this punctual simulcast! Daisuki made a GREAT job with subs!

It was a pretty epic ending. It repeatedly pretended to be the ending scene, and it actually WAS believable because, being the last episode, you can end at 10 min. and do 10 min. of "post-ending", or end at 15 and do 5 min of post-ending, or... well, it ended at 22 minutes flat with twists and great action until the end.

Battles and ideas were really good. In the end, after it looked like Ragyou could have been killed in battle with the scissors repeatedly, the plan was killed by words. I really appreciate this. It was Senketsu and Ryuko's ability to communicate with both humans and fibers that finally resolved the situation. Everything was pretty much perfect, including Ragyou's final solution - fits the character so much. Maybe just a lil' bit of final shout words, but that's the series' style and I accept it with pleasure.

This was my first time watching a Trigger's anime, luckily I wasn't blinded by Gurren Lagann's sight like lots of people here on MAL, so I have watched it with sincere eyes. This was a great anime. Developed characters, complex situations, most of all a GREAT plot that started a way to end with a totally different situation. It was seriously surprising! Deserves congratulations.

5/5 for the final episode: endings are always hard to deal with, and KLK dealed in a great way. I'm sad for Senketsu's death but it's acceptable, even for a person like me that hates the "tear-forcing deaths" (as I call them), because the final sentences really fit the whole situation.

8.5-9/10 overall. Very enjoyable, great art, much fibers, wow. Jokes aside, it deserves this rating. I don't know if anime is saved or not...

... and I couldn't care less. I only know I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY enjoyed this.

(p.s. thanks again based Daisuki for immediate italian subs)

Side and minor notes:
-I freaking loved that the final theme was the one I prefer from the series, aka 1st ending;
-Nonon is SO DAMN ABSOLUTELY CUTE WITH HER HAIR DOWN!;
-Lol MakoxRyuko imaginary situations (and I'm not even a fan of this shipping but it was so funny);
-Final ending brings so many smiles;
-Gamagoori u cruel u made Mako cry;
-Nui is the maddest one I've ever seen;

I had so much fun overall. Thanks so much, Kill la Kill.
IvanAipom93Mar 27, 2014 4:23 PM
Mar 27, 2014 4:31 PM

Jul 2012
I was in tears when Satsuki went running after Ryuuko. And that "Okaeri." "Tadaima, nee-san." TEAAARS.

Satsuki's short hair ugh weeps for days. Can we please get an OVA that continues off those ending credit scenes pleASEEEE SLICE OF LIFE KLK I WAAAANT.
Mar 27, 2014 4:37 PM

Mar 2013
Best show from the past season. I absolutely don't regret picking up Kill la Kill. I'm sad this is over, I'm strongly hoping for a second season. It's been a while since I rated a show with 10.
Mar 27, 2014 4:55 PM

Dec 2009
Now, I want a slice of life Kill la Kill. One where we can see how Ryuuko and Satsuki interact living as a family. And more Mako and Gamagori.
Mar 27, 2014 5:00 PM

Jan 2010
tsudecimo said:
BRSxIgnition said:
tsudecimo said:

It's going up.

Am I missing something or a Naruto fanboy is calling Kill la Kill bad?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2014 5:34 PM

Aug 2013
SENKETSU, NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Fuck, I feel so dumb now, I never thought about why Senketsu could talk while Junketsu couldn't x)
Now it look obvious looking backward...

It's funny how in the end, the only one that remained dressed was our two nudistoooo beach :P

Saving the world with the biggest orgy ever! xD
More seriously, seeing everyone naked was ridiculous.

So they finally made it to space, like in Gurren Lagann. The whole fight was pretty epic, blood everywhere. Nui fusion with the Cocoon Sphere was so creepy o.O
The scissor blades finally became a scissor too xD

All the GamagorixMako fan have been to heaven for second, then crushed down in hell few minutes after :P
Seeing Gamagori jealous in the aftercredit was cute. Personnaly, I don't mind, I thought that they were cute with each other, but I think leaving them to teasing was not a bad choice.

Anyway, that was really a great ride. Loved this show so much. Now it's over :(
I'm gonna watch Monogatari second season now (not that there is a link). But I'll also be looking for that OVA. An epilogue maybe? I would love that.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 27, 2014 5:41 PM
Jan 2014
This was such a fun ride I really enjoyed Kill la Kill.
Good luck to Trigger I hope they keep doing original, fun and creative anime series.

I preordered in my country the Blu Ray collector's edition, I hope other fans of the show can find ways to show support, long live Trigger !
Mar 27, 2014 5:56 PM

Oct 2011
Easily the best anime of the fall and winter season!
Mar 27, 2014 6:01 PM
Dec 2013
I hope we see what happens later in their life.
Mar 27, 2014 6:05 PM

Jun 2012
Thank you Trigger.

I loved all of that.
Tutturu ~
Mar 27, 2014 7:23 PM
Nov 2013
elros75 said:
Kyzen said:
I NEED SUBs!!!!

Search for Underwater or Watashi for english subs.

When did watashi upload their torrent O-o
Mar 27, 2014 7:24 PM

Sep 2011
Lol'd at the end. Biggest orgy ever, am I right? All the nakedness just had me facepalming but was still funny. Parts of the first half of the season and some of the second season lacked, but then they ended up picking up the show with a good 6-7 episodes of constant epicness.

Also, 10$ says that Senketsu will come back in the unaired episode which will be included in the BD/DVD on september 3rd.

9/10.
Mar 27, 2014 7:30 PM

Aug 2011
ANIME IS SAVED. Dem nekkid people. TRIGGER fanservice, gotta love that shit.

R.I.P Based Senketsu. Going to miss you, bro!

Calling it right now, BEST FINALE OF THE SEASON!
CrimsonPhantomMar 27, 2014 7:45 PM

Nov 2012
Lmao so much naked people, this was a crazy anime what an awesome ending.

Jun 2012
Ending could have been better, but I got this whole cute vibe by the end of the episode/series that kind of warmed my heart, especially the credits.
The whole naked scene where everyone is trying to grab ryuko in the nude was pretty nice in every aspect, especially Satsuki running to save her sister from falling.
I'm very disappointed nui just kind of disappeared. I really wanted to see her get her ass handed to her because I absolutely hate her. There is a possibility for a season 2, Nui could come back, she never did talk or get mentioned after she fused with ragyou.
A fitting ending to a good show. Until jojo & DBZ kai buu saga come out next next saturday, I guess there's not much for me to watch.
Once, again, ending could have been better, there could have been alot more fun fight scenes, but it's alright, I'm left satisfied.
GAMAGOORI GOT NTRD BY RYUKO FROM MAKO
Mar 27, 2014 7:33 PM

Jul 2013
Overall a pretty intense series.

The only cons I can really point out were some slow parts at around 3 or 4 (I believe), poor animation corner cutting, and a rushed (sort of) ending. Otherwise, I really enjoyed the series along with its characters (even though I don't really like Mako) and its orgasmic OST.

8.5/10
mitch3315 said:
This might be a bit hard for you to believe, I know I didn't at first, but the thing is that other people actually have different opinions to your own. Crazy, right? How dare they not conform to your opinion on this show, or any other, who the hell do they think they are?

Jan 2014
It's been one hell of ride, with lots of ups and downs, but overall very entertaining.
Thank you Based Trigger for Satsuki-sama and Ragyo and Nui.
Hell even Ryuuko became cool by the end.
Really teared up at Senketsu's death; you will be missed, man.

My Tuesday evening will feel so empty
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.

Aug 2011
Enjoyed this show thoroughly! Very sweet ending.

"The world cannot be changed with pretty words alone." ~ Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)

Jul 2009
oh my.. i cant help but give this show a 9/10. it got extremely stale at one point but the episodes leading up to the ending are just too good. sasuga trigger. thanks for creating another over the top, weird, amazing anime.

i wish that jacket at the end had the TTGL logo on the back. i wouldve went ape shit and threw money at my screen.
KurogashiMar 27, 2014 7:38 PM
Mar 27, 2014 7:38 PM

May 2012
Rushed episode was rushed. Oh well. I liked the pointless action and fanservice.

Final rating: 6/10.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC

May 2013
Love this anime. Good ending. Satsuki looking good with her hair short.

Oct 2012
Holy fuck this episode was so hype and awesome, also Trigger really delivered a godlike ending for this show loved all the action and the ending was a bit tearjerking too rip in peace Senketsu:'( Satsuki got Ryuuko to say nee-san after all so fuckin happy right now.

It was a really fun show to watch and godbless Trigger.
Pages (20) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

368 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2013

447 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2013

392 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

878 by Nopillows25 »»
Apr 22, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Kill la Kill Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BRSxIgnition - Feb 27, 2014

407 by DRUG_Deleted911 »»
Apr 13, 11:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.