Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Silver Spoon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 27, 2014 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yup, they're all human ;o
Maybe Tamako is not with that inhuman strength

Final episode :(
Damn, I'm going to miss this show...

Decent ending I guess. I'm glad that Mikage is following her dreams of course. Glad to see everyone again of course and enjoying what they're doing. I hope for a season 3 tbh. Hoping.
Mar 27, 2014 11:34 AM

May 2013
Good episode. Hachiken's mom showing up to see how he is doing. Nice for Hachiken and his mom to spend some time to hash things out. I'm gonna miss watching this show. I'm on board if there was a nother season of this.
Mar 27, 2014 11:36 AM

Jun 2012
Could have been better, the ending at least. I'm really afraid that this isn't gonna get new seasons.....

I'm really pleased by Hachiken finally gettin a word or 2 to tell to his father.
Welcome to club: Anime that Should Continue
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37045
Mar 27, 2014 11:42 AM

Apr 2013
This season was amazing. Really sad that it's already over. I hope we get a third season for more Hachiken x Mikage.
Mar 27, 2014 11:42 AM

Aug 2012
Good episode. Hachiken talking back to his father on his beliefs really showed he isn't the same kid that left the city anymore. Talking to his old classmates like nothing, and really having a conversation with his mother and telling her he wasn't who he was back then really highlighted the episode. I hope we get a season 3. Would love to continue on. Can someone tell me what chapter this left off on in the manga please? Thanks In advance!
Mar 27, 2014 11:43 AM

Aug 2010
Beautiful! Just Absolutely Beautiful :*)

I was smiling throughout the ending (Loved the full version BTW)
Really gonna miss this series. A-1 adapted it perfectly. Hope S3 won't take long >.<

The beginning with Hachiken meeting some of his classmates and his interactions with them noticing how much he changed was really nice. Lol'd at their reactions to Riding horses, driving machine and teaching a girl XD

His meeting with his parents was intense as hell. His dad is still as tough as usual but nice development with how he talked back to him. Good Job Hachi! U've grown so much :D

Lol at his reaction to how bad his brother's handwriting is XD

Tamako owned Hachiken there XD "Hit me" BAM no mercy XD And same with Maron XDXDXD

Really loving Hachiken's mom. She's...how do I say it....cute? Weird but yeah she's a really cute mother :3...Loved her reactions to the principle XD And how everything tastes ^^

Hachicken apologizing to her for the yogurt tasting good was so hilarious XDXDXD
And Shutting Tokiwa up hahahaha lol

Loved the party. The way these guys just spontaneously start parties is always so much fun XD

Lol'd at the cockblock with spices when Hachiken was talking to Mikage XD Dat Jealousy XD

And Hachiken's declaration to his mom at the end was awesome. "I'm no longer the same" AWESOME :D Seems like he was called chicken (Coward) quite a lot in his school days though :P

9.5 /10 for me :D
Mar 27, 2014 11:46 AM

Jan 2011
MORE MORE MORE!

Mar 27, 2014 11:47 AM
Dec 2013
Well, as usual, the show was too fast. They cut the whole discussion between Hachi's old classmates (was little but was here), they cut the reunion'beginning between Hachi and his parents AND, the worse in my mind, they TOTALLY skipped when Hachimom met her son's friends and, MIKAGE's hilarious reaction when she met her almost mother's boyfriend. Kinda disapointing...
But I was happy to see they did'nt forget when Yoshino decide to study the possibility of going in France (you're always happy when your favorite manga /anime talks about your own country). However, the moment where Hachi got his revenge against Tokiwa and his yogurt was funnier in the manga, like when the boys cut Hachiken in his love declaration to Mikage.
So, I was sad for all this stuff until the 3 or 4 minuts of the end. THAT was just beautiful. So awww... And, even if the anime is not perfect, I really hope they going to continue the winter arc, which is just amazing and so funny (and where Shingo appears more often - a bit). And a new character... So, people who love that anime, if you still don't, read the manga, it is wonderful !
Mar 27, 2014 11:47 AM

Jul 2012
Damn I'm sad now. I hoped there would be "to be continued" like in the first season :( Great anime, great manga. I love atmosphere i have!
Mar 27, 2014 11:49 AM
Dec 2013
outkastfox said:
Good episode. Hachiken talking back to his father on his beliefs really showed he isn't the same kid that left the city anymore. Talking to his old classmates like nothing, and really having a conversation with his mother and telling her he wasn't who he was back then really highlighted the episode. I hope we get a season 3. Would love to continue on. Can someone tell me what chapter this left off on in the manga please? Thanks In advance!

Chapter 76, which begins with Vice-Prez and snow !
Mar 27, 2014 11:52 AM

Apr 2012
Damn it was only when the end credits came on did I fully realise that this was the end of the season and most likely for good... Its been a great ride and I'm so glad I gave it a chance because I nearly missed a gem of a show. Overall 8/10
Mar 27, 2014 11:53 AM

Sep 2008
Really like this series and this episode!

I love Tamako and "I don't have time to deal with teenage boy drama" xD

Misiakk said:
I hoped there would be "to be continued" like in the first season :(

I was so sure therere will be "to be continued"!
So disappointed...
Hope there is still chance for next season :)
Mar 27, 2014 11:54 AM

Oct 2011
NOOOOOO this can't end!!!!!!! hachiken developed so much throughout the series.
Mar 27, 2014 12:08 PM

Nov 2010
Such a beautiful final episode.

The last part with Komaba was pretty sad, he can't be with his friends.

Hoping that S3 will come soon.
Mar 27, 2014 12:15 PM

Oct 2011
I'm so sad that it ended I'm really gonna miss this show. ;__;
Hoping for a 3rd season. I guess I'm gonna read the manga for now until it happens.
Mar 27, 2014 12:15 PM

Feb 2013
Guess I will have to pick up the manga eventually
one again one of the best if not the best of the season 8/10
Mar 27, 2014 12:16 PM

Aug 2011
I'm amazed how much Hachiken grew during this series. I will really miss this anime. Hopefully we don't need to wait 3rd season long time. This was one of my favorites series this season, 9/10 for me^^
xEWExMar 27, 2014 1:06 PM
Mar 27, 2014 12:20 PM

Jul 2010
The egg dropping reminded of the first season's episode 1.
Really nice to see all of Hachiken's efforts that changed him has come to bear fruit in the last few episodes.

Waiting for more Hachiken and Mikage moments!
Mar 27, 2014 12:38 PM

Jul 2007
Man I wish the show sells good I really want a third season. Really good slice of life, educational, funny and little romance. 8/10 from me i definitely hope for more.
Mar 27, 2014 12:45 PM

Jan 2011
Great show and I want to see more! Based on the manga sales stats (http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1122373 #16 this week but almost 800k in sales for the latest volume), it looks like the anime has been helping out so I think chances might be good for a third season. Decisions to continue the series are no longer made just on the BD/DVD sales, and the bump in manga/LN sales caused by a successful anime is an increasingly important factor.
rodacMar 27, 2014 12:51 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 27, 2014 1:12 PM
Jan 2013
The End
Mar 27, 2014 1:15 PM
Oct 2010
Another great season, I really love the atmosphere in this anime. I kinda feel trolled about the snow on the roads announcement last episode, but it's better not to end with a sour taste so it's all good.

I hope it sells well enough to animate more of this.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Mar 27, 2014 1:39 PM

Jun 2010
That ending felt so rushed for me.

Great series overall, it made me read the manga.

Hoping for season 3.
Mar 27, 2014 1:42 PM

Jan 2008
A great story about growing up.

I hope there will be another season.
-
Mar 27, 2014 1:56 PM

Jul 2010
...I want more and more.It cant just end like this without any announcement of another season :(
Strong 9/10.Going to miss this show so DAMN much.I might start reading manga if new season isnt announced in next of couple months.I need to know what will happen next.
Hachiken one of best MC's.
Mar 27, 2014 2:00 PM

Apr 2011
How am I not surprised Hachiken x Mikage did not happen.. Disappointing end, but overall not bad.
Mar 27, 2014 2:04 PM

Jul 2012
So my favourite and best anime of the season ends... :'( Thursdays won't be the same! I really liked how they ended up. Not too much drama, yet still quite intense and heart wrenching. Very solid 8 like season one!

Season three where?
Mar 27, 2014 2:09 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
That was a beautiful ending ;_; so touching to see how much Hachiken has grown and changed. I cried a little when Hachiken's mother looked at Hachiken with his friends, and how he was getting angry or was laughing, something she probably never saw at home. Although they did skip over lots of scenes, I still really liked it. Gin no Saji needs a third season!
Mar 27, 2014 2:09 PM

Feb 2011
Anna_Hiwatari said:
MORE MORE MORE!

I won't last long without S3.
Mar 27, 2014 2:11 PM
Dec 2012
wait the end what do you mean the end ... no,no,no theres got to be some typo right .... RIGHT! someone say right already please
Mar 27, 2014 2:15 PM

Jun 2012
The end? Are they not planning to make a 3rd season?
Mar 27, 2014 2:22 PM
Apr 2013
You know, they could not have ended this show any better. If we don't see a third season, they succeeded in writing a relatively conclusive ending to this one. That, and there's always the manga.

The first season was excellent (And I still really didn't notice anything if A-1 pictures screwed it up to be honest), but the second season was even better. I thought the comedy was a notch better than last season and the drama definitely covered more bases and was of course quite relatable. It's also pretty impressive that Arakawa can create one of the best shounens of all time and one of the best slice-of-life of all time, but she did it. I gave the first season an 8/10 and I'll give the second season a 9/10 for an 8.5/10 which (Because the last four episodes have been so fantastic) will round to a 9/10.
Mar 27, 2014 2:23 PM

Sep 2007
Glorious anime. Best this season. Season 3 required now.

Mar 27, 2014 2:32 PM
Nov 2012
Aw. Sad that it's over.

The trailer for the live action version is out.
Mar 27, 2014 2:34 PM

Jul 2013
Yugo and Mikage's character development was remarkable throughout the whole season. The secondary characters were also interesting. It's been a great ride since last summer... Unfortunately, the ending felt incomplete and many questions were left unanswered, so I hope there is a season 3 for this. like most of you. In the meantime, I'll start reading the manga
Mar 27, 2014 2:51 PM

Apr 2010
Top show of the season for me. I'm glad I picked this series up in the first place.

And the manga is still ongoing so I'm EXPECTING a third season hopefully this year.

Mar 27, 2014 2:56 PM

Feb 2012
That was a great season finale, really enjoyed the whole 2nd season of GnS.

Hope they do more.
Mar 27, 2014 3:03 PM

Jul 2010
Amazing. Absolutely amazing.

Great step-up from last season. Of course, I loved last season fully, but we didn't see enough development for Hachiken - something that the second season expanded on.

Also, I'm happy with the anime's boldness in actually pursuing Hachiken and Mikage's relationship. Most slice-of-life, episodic anime stay pretty "meh" in creating actual relationships, but here we see drama and hardships.

It's a refreshing balance of drama and comedy and romance.

I really love Silver Spoon. I honestly don't know what to do without it. It's made me interested in the agricultural business, just as Space Brothers made me more interested in space and actual astronaut training.
(Too many meaningful slice-of-life are ending this season ;___;)

I love you, Hachiken, Mikage, Tokiwa and the rest of the gang. You all mean so much to me. I NEED TO KNOW THE REST OF YOUR GUYS' STORY.

Ahh, I'll just be daydreaming about their futures in school for the next two weeks. Maybe I'll even write a fanfic. >.> Or, I'll go read the manga, but I still want to wait for the anime...

I think it'll come back though. It's at least mildly popular, isn't it? I hope the next season will be within the coming year. Meh.
Well, at least I have Mushishi to look forward too. xP

This season gets a 9/10 from me. It was great.
Mar 27, 2014 3:06 PM

Nov 2011
"Keep jumping".

Sums up this anime perfectly :).
Mar 27, 2014 3:07 PM
Dec 2012
I need something to fill this void... any recommendations?
Mar 27, 2014 3:27 PM

Mar 2012
Third season WHEN???

Or I could just read the manga. Guess I'll go read the manga.
Mar 27, 2014 4:14 PM

Dec 2009
Please... third season soon :<
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 27, 2014 4:28 PM

Oct 2013
lol I love Tamako. I wish she had more screen time

I want four seasons and a movie, I love this show so much
Mar 27, 2014 4:57 PM

Aug 2011
It was nice to see Hachiken finally patching things up with his mom. He changed a lot throughout the whole series.

His dad's still a douche though. He has such a sweet wife and he doesn't even compliment her cooking.

Overall, a satisfying ending to a great season. 3rd season, when?!
Mar 27, 2014 5:12 PM

Jul 2012
ghosts said:
I want four seasons and a movie, I love this show so much

I wouldn't mind if GnS became as long as One Piece. :P
Mar 27, 2014 5:32 PM

Sep 2012
Very good season. I love Hachiken's development. His relationship with Mikage was also nice to see. I think this season was superior to the first one both in the humor and the drama parts.

8/10.

Also, I claimed Yoshino. I will give her some french lesson so she can fulfill her dream!
SetsukoHaraMar 27, 2014 5:38 PM
Mar 27, 2014 5:40 PM

Jan 2008
oldskoolpunk said:
Aw. Sad that it's over.

The trailer for the live action version is out.
Didn't expect this to get a live-action movie. If it's popular enough for that, it'd be nonsense that a season 3 wouldn't be possible. They still have so much left unanswered: Will Aki get into college? Will Hachicken find something he really wants to do in the future? Will Komaba's family pull through the hard times? Will Hachicken's dad ever knowledge his only son left that didn't drop-out and run away (in other words, stop being a prick)? Or the million dollar question, will AkixYuugo be official instead of a mere ship!?
Mar 27, 2014 6:10 PM

Aug 2012
Man, sad to see this end(for now?) I remember not liking the first episode of the first season and nearly dropping it. Thank god I gave it another episode, as it's now jumped up my list of favorites. You just don't see a slice of life handle real life problems and personal conflicts in a practical, subtle-yet-emotional way, at least not as well as Gin no Saji. Credit that to Arakawa's wonderful writing though.

Everything else that I can praise the show for demands that I give A-1 credit. The way they've handled the transitions from comedy to drama, everything from OST to aesthetics, perfectly complimented the writing style and plot structure. Really impressed with A-1's work with this series. Easily 9/10

Which leaves me conflicted. It seems there's a decent chance for a third season, but you never know. Normally I'd run off and read the manga as quick as possible, but I'd really like to hold out for another season since I have faith in A-1 when it comes to this series.
Mar 27, 2014 6:33 PM
Nov 2013
Disappointing lack of closure, I was hoping that Mikage and Hachiken would at least become a couple.
Mar 27, 2014 6:39 PM

Jul 2012
At least try to read the manga to see the skipped scenes guys. Most were really genuinely funny. They cut off a lot from this episode too. But the pacing was still great. 9/10.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Just found this hidden gem

Ferrykr - Dec 16, 2023

9 by thischeetobussin »»
Apr 1, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Gin no Saji 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2014

99 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 25, 2023 11:12 PM

Poll: » Gin no Saji 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2014

87 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 25, 2023 10:42 PM

Poll: » Gin no Saji 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2014

136 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 25, 2023 9:39 PM

Poll: » Gin no Saji 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2014

91 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 25, 2023 1:54 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.