Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 18, 2014 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION. DO NOT DISCUSS THE LIGHT NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, I didn't think I would say this but Reiji is pretty damn awesome at least in that fight.

Touji was pretty awesome as I had thought of course. Seems like he might of even improved his abilities since he last appeared. Good thing Suzuka and Kyouko showed up on time as well, nice.

Poor Kyoko though ;.;
I think they might still have a way to bring back Natsume but gotta play it right.
rodacMar 18, 2014 9:27 PM
Mar 18, 2014 10:27 AM
Mar 2008
Anyone know if this is still following the light novels? for some reason last 2 episodes all felt like fillers to me.. :S
Mar 18, 2014 10:38 AM

Dec 2013
I've seen three different fansubs for this series, I've been waiting for it to get to the end before I watch it, so which fansub should I go with? Deadfish, gg, or Anime-Koi?
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Mar 18, 2014 11:11 AM

Mar 2010
jim168 said:
Anyone know if this is still following the light novels? for some reason last 2 episodes all felt like fillers to me.. :S

Huh? Like pretty much every other episode in the anime, they are compressed versions of the novel's events, but there has been little to no filler in them at all.

The_Bif said:
I've seen three different fansubs for this series, I've been waiting for it to get to the end before I watch it, so which fansub should I go with? Deadfish, gg, or Anime-Koi?

You are better off making a thread about that rather than asking about it here.
Iron_MawMar 18, 2014 2:18 PM
Mar 18, 2014 11:22 AM
Jun 2012
I agree with you to a point, however, with only one episode left I dont think they can cover the rest of the ninth Light novel
Shhh_Im_HidingzMar 18, 2014 11:31 AM
Mar 18, 2014 11:36 AM

Mar 2010
They are not covering the tenth novel at all. The anime had finished production when that came out.

The 10th volume is better off left for a 2nd season anyway since vol 9 resolves enough of plot, while leaving the door open another season. It's one of better stopping points I've seen in an adaptation.
Mar 18, 2014 12:34 PM

Aug 2010
Pretty awesome ep.

Suzu telling Tenma what to do was nice. Calling him a pebble XD
The way he used his Misdirection lack of presence was pretty nice.
Good surprise for everyone. No body expected it hehe.

Kagami got so damn owned by Jin. Jin is just too DAMN BA!! He just made the most minimal movements possible and used spells strong enough to one sidedly defeat Kagami.

Good to see that Amami isn't dead :D Well last ep hinted it but we get to see his body ^^

Liked the combo Suzuka and Touji used to help Harutora escape. Was awesome teamwork. And Touji's 2nd level looks awesome.

Kyouko's star reading wasn't bad. Felt slightly creepy with how her spirit is shouting but her body is almost dead like talking like a zombie XD

I don't see how they'll conclude this in one ep???
Mar 18, 2014 1:02 PM

Jan 2014
Doman and jin what an BEAST characters , perfect episode :)))
wex89Mar 18, 2014 1:06 PM
Mar 18, 2014 1:02 PM

Jan 2009
Barion-Zara said:

I don't see how they'll conclude this in one ep???

^This. I hope they don't ruin a good show by giving us a half-assed ending like most anime do.
Mar 18, 2014 1:05 PM
Feb 2012
Grrrr the cliffhanger,hurry up with it already >.<
Mar 18, 2014 1:06 PM

Dec 2013
Again an awesome episode, I knew that the last episodes would be like the climax of this show. W/e the fight between Ohtomo and Reiji was pretty awesome. I knew, that Ohtomo would be strong but I wouldn't have thought, that he would beat Reiji up that hard.

Also It seems like Ashiya Doman is getting bored against the fight vs Iwao.

Tenma was also pretty awesome this episode like how he got the Raven Coat all by himself. But one of the best were Saotome Suzu aka. Little Girl Senpai. She didn't only say to him what he should do, but she also knew how to speak to him like: " If you don't, I will make you unable to marry." This was amazing, hehe

One of the most beautiful scene in this Anime was Kyoko's "Star reading." It was so beautiful and looked so awesome, due to the opening I already thought, that she would play an important role but that she actually would do "Star reading".

It sure is sad, that the next episode is going to be the last, but w/e nice Anime at all, and hoping, that they won't stop with the Light Novel to early, because I could endure much much more of Tokyo Ravens. (Also I let myself getting spoiled, and Tokyo Ravens is seriously amazing)

5/5
Mar 18, 2014 1:09 PM
Mar 2014
I have to say the story line has been very well done, characters lack a bit of back story bu it has been some what complemented with flash backs around the series. This episode was a bomb in terms the plot I cant wait to see the finale.
Mar 18, 2014 1:17 PM

Aug 2012
Noooo there's only one episode left boo!

Mar 18, 2014 1:27 PM

Jun 2011
Only one episode left? 0_o Whyyyy?!
As the anime progressed I found it much more interesting than the first episode which was kinda lame for me. :P
Mar 18, 2014 1:50 PM

Mar 2013
Jin is OP as fuk.
Mar 18, 2014 1:57 PM

May 2013
That star reading. Tenma wasn't useless after all. Why must there be only one more episode left?!
Mar 18, 2014 2:13 PM

May 2012
Pretty good episode. That star reading was pretty crazy. Jin is still the shit. Damn I thought Haruto was going to put one the raven coat. I want to see Kon true form everyone keeps talking about.
Mar 18, 2014 2:20 PM

Mar 2010
So we are just blurting out spoilers now. -_-
Mar 18, 2014 2:26 PM
Feb 2013
1 more 2 go.
Mar 18, 2014 2:34 PM

Sep 2007
I feel like the first half of this episode was....well....unecessary

Then again...I only skipped around with the raw so I wasn't sure what I was talking about

but still....I'm having trouble seeing how the last episode is going to contain all this awesomeness I'm picturing but we'll see.
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Mar 18, 2014 3:11 PM

Jul 2013
Ikano said:
I feel like the first half of this episode was....well....unnecessary

The whole thing with Tenma felt a bit pointless. It really didn't need to be that long.

I thought we'd see Harutora fight but I guess not. Jin is by far the best character in this series, taking on 2 Divine Generals. Wonder how Suzu is going to help with the ritual, well she did revive Doman. It feels like there's so much left, I can see next episode being rushed.
-Dizzy-Mar 18, 2014 3:37 PM
Mar 18, 2014 3:23 PM

Mar 2010
The stuff Temna was hardly pointless, besides allowing his character to come into his own and shine. If weren't him the plan would have ultimately failed. Not to mention we would have a huge plot hole. It's just like with how Kon helped out in a critical situation last week.

It shows that you don't need to be super special or a Divine General to do great things. He has tons of balls for breaking in own his and succeeding a difficult task that most would have run away from. It's clearly a mistake Genji and Shidou's part for underestimating him.

Temna basically made up for being a mere pawn during Douman's attack and he deserve praise for it.
Iron_MawMar 18, 2014 3:55 PM
Mar 18, 2014 3:28 PM

Oct 2011
Wow Tenma Wow !!!! So you released the Raven Coat that Hautora used to escape. Otomo-sensei is the best Omyjo ever. Defeating Kagami like nothing Touji was epic with dat enterance.

Kyouko can read the stars!!!? Can she predict the future?

Natsume is waiting for you !!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSS T_____T
Mar 18, 2014 3:30 PM

Jul 2013
nice episode.
nice to know Tenma wasn't useless during all this.
the star reading was awesome.
Ohtomo sensei is the best.

Was hoping to see Kon's true form ;-;
Only one episode left huh..
Mar 18, 2014 3:33 PM

Sep 2012
Ohtomo sensei. How can you be this badass ?
Mar 18, 2014 3:48 PM

Aug 2012
First half was dragged. Oh boy, last episode will definitely be rushed.
Mar 18, 2014 4:04 PM

Jun 2013
Only one episode left :(
Mar 18, 2014 4:17 PM

Jul 2009
this jin guy is so legit. seems like douma is tired of the one trick pony. cant wait for the finale.

harutora pls at least do something redeeming in the finale. reviving natsume doesnt really count.
Mar 18, 2014 4:23 PM
Custom Title

Jul 2009
Man.... I really wanted Natsume to stay dead but it's almost guaranteed that they will revive her. What's the point of death then when you can just revive anyone back? =(

It would be awesome to see Natsume accept her death and stay that way instead of coming back and thanking them for bringing her back and risking the lives of other innocent people with the spell.
Mar 18, 2014 4:48 PM

Jul 2011
Kyoko's out of body experience was so random... didn't feel like it fit in with the series... plus so pointless. "Oh yeah, forbidden rules are set by humans!" Well duh.

Some Tenma screentime. :)

Revival BS. Why is Natsume being revived by Suzuka couldn't revive her brother? Sigh. Why can't she stay dead. ><
Mar 18, 2014 4:54 PM

Nov 2012
Ha,Otomo-sensei blinded Reiji for being a douche who wearing sunglasses indoors XD.

Tenma was actually useful for once.

Star reading...kinda random but okay.

One episode left,hopefully the don't rush/ruin the ending.That being said honestly wouldn't mind this getting a 2nd season.
Mar 18, 2014 5:03 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty good penultimate episode. It's really disappointing that this anime is ending just when everything is getting so intense.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Mar 18, 2014 5:12 PM

May 2012
Barion-Zara said:
The way he used his Misdirection lack of presence was pretty nice.

I cant stop laughing at this XD
and what a great episode! but i still get the feeling we're not seeing all of Ohtomo's skills. The star reading scene was also pretty cool
Mar 18, 2014 5:23 PM
Jul 2018
Tenma did a good job on this episode. That star reading was good.

I wonder how will they conclude this in one episode.
Mar 18, 2014 5:23 PM

Jul 2011
Jin gave Reiji a one-sided beating. Pretty nice battle there.

Kyoko's star reading gave me the goosebumps specially when she saw natsume's.
Mar 18, 2014 5:30 PM

Mar 2010
Laraid said:
Man.... I really wanted Natsume to stay dead but it's almost guaranteed that they will revive her. What's the point of death then when you can just revive anyone back? =(

It would be awesome to see Natsume accept her death and stay that way instead of coming back and thanking them for bringing her back and risking the lives of other innocent people with the spell.

The only person who's well being risked here is Harutora's, and he's chosen to accept whatever conditions and consequences may come with it. That was one of points of Kon's speech last week.

Sure she could stay dead, but nothing wrong with her coming back either. Either path would be significant moment in the plot, you get less from her death anyway.

Mirorin said:
Kyoko's out of body experience was so random... didn't feel like it fit in with the series... plus so pointless. "Oh yeah, forbidden rules are set by humans!" Well duh.

Some Tenma screentime. :)

Revival BS. Why is Natsume being revived by Suzuka couldn't revive her brother? Sigh. Why can't she stay dead. ><

She's reading the stars, that's how it's visually represented. I'm not sure how doesn't fit with a series feature flying horse and Dragons. Do you want just see she siting there staring blankly at sky? lol

And no Suzuka was stopped from reviving her brother because she was doing entirely selfish reasons as way to run away from her problems.

Harutora is doing out of guilt because he feels obligated to her. Natsume never got a chance to live her life the way she wanted to at all. She was given burden she didn't ask for, forced to do unreasonable things and kept in the dark to about up till she died. It's kinda of miserable end for someone who really didn't really deserve it.
Iron_MawMar 18, 2014 5:49 PM
Mar 18, 2014 5:31 PM

Aug 2013
This episode was full of badass'ness :D Otomo's awesomeness knows no bounds and Touji's second seal looked really cool.

Tenma's time to shine, and he did so spectacularly.

A loli-loving loli cannot be evil. My faith in Suzu was justified.

That's what you get for wearing sunglasses indoors, Kagami XD

I thought star reading involved reading charts and stuff. I didn't know it's actually seeing stars and different worlds. Kyouko must be really special :o
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 18, 2014 5:52 PM

Jul 2013
Jagd84 said:
Laraid said:

The only person life who's being risked here is Harutora's.

Sure she could stay dead, but nothing wrong with her coming back either. Either path would be significant moment in the plot, you get less from her death anyway.

Why would would be awesome if she stayed dead? She's already accepted her death, its Harutora who can't because he indirectly killed her. In terms of story progression it makes more sense to revive her. If Harutora is to revive Natsume, he will be using forbidden spells and in doing so is the same as turning his back on the Onmyo Society. Being Yakou's reincarnation he is one of the most influential people in the Onmyo Society. For doing such an act, Harutora would most likely be hunted down by the Omnyo Agency and forced into hiding. Its unlikely he'd be put in prison but it could still happen. Someone with as much power as Harutora wouldn't easily be let off the hook.
Mar 18, 2014 6:19 PM

Jul 2012
Well the Raven Coat is free that is a plus. I really hope Haurtora does not die reviving Natsume.

Great episode!!!
Mar 18, 2014 7:00 PM

Aug 2013
Reiji didn't even stand a chance to Ootomo.
Think it's time to prepare for Natsume's welcome back party?
Mar 18, 2014 7:02 PM

Jan 2011
doubt we'll have time to explain Kyoko's out of body experience whole time that was happening i was wondering what the hell was going on.

also the first half kinda went on to long which i hope this doesn't wrap up poorly really liked the later half of this series.
Mar 18, 2014 7:21 PM

Mar 2010
Ophis said:
Jagd84 said:
Laraid said:

The only person life who's being risked here is Harutora's.

Why would would be awesome if she stayed dead? She's already accepted her death, its Harutora who can't because he indirectly killed her. In terms of story progression it makes more sense to revive her. If Harutora is to revive Natsume, he will be using forbidden spells and in doing so is the same as turning his back on the Onmyo Society. Being Yakou's reincarnation he is one of the most influential people in the Onmyo Society. For doing such an act, Harutora would most likely be hunted down by the Omnyo Agency and forced into hiding. Its unlikely he'd be put in prison but it could still happen. Someone with as much power as Harutora wouldn't easily be let off the hook.

I said either way would work well. Just because Natsume accepted her death doesn't mean he has to. How Harutora feels is also what's important here. He didn't direct lead to her death, but it happened as consequence being a body double to protect him (not to mention twice even). He's wants to at least try to return that favor regardless of the cost to himself.

katsu044 said:
doubt we'll have time to explain Kyoko's out of body experience whole time that was happening i was wondering what the hell was going on.

What's to explain exactly? She inherited and manifested her ability to utilize astrology like her grandmother. It said so in the episode itself. That's why she stopped Touji from heading into Agency earlier.
Iron_MawMar 18, 2014 7:40 PM
Mar 18, 2014 7:41 PM

Jul 2013
Jagd84 said:
I said either way would work well. Just because Natsume accepted her death doesn't mean he has to. How Harutora feels is also what's important here. He didn't direct lead to her death, but it happened as consequence being a body double to protect him (not to mention twice even). He's wants to at least try to return that favor regardless of the cost to himself.

I didn't say Harutora had to accept Natsume's death. Its good that he wants to revive her but the rest of the world won't think the same way. He'd be turning his back on everybody. Like you said, whether Natsume is revived or stays dead, either way works. I just think that it makes more sense to revive her. It seems it would make the story more interesting than if she is left dead and everything goes back to normal.
Mar 18, 2014 7:46 PM

Apr 2012
The star reading was kinda cheesy o_O......

Jin was boss as always. Liked his peg leg tap dancing, finger snapping spell chant. That was pretty bad ass. Reiji got his shit pushed in lol.

Last episode next week >.<

Mar 18, 2014 7:53 PM

Feb 2012
Jin schooling everyone like he don't give a fuck. That's what you get for messing with a cripple.
I'm gonna miss this show, a lot of parts felt very average, yet a lot of parts were also enjoyable and humorous.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 18, 2014 8:10 PM

Dec 2010
I'm glad Tenma got to put his special talent to use finally! He got to prove himself a bit! It doesn't feel like they can wrap this up in one episode, but I sure hope everything plays out the way it should.

I really want to know more about Suzu...
Mar 18, 2014 8:39 PM

Sep 2013
That Suzu :3 Seriously though out of all the characters in this anime we know the least about her she's a complete loli lolicon mystery.

"If you don't, I'll make it so you can never get married." o.0 now that's a threat.

Tenma is finally getting some major screen time and action.

Shadow, surfing waves and beating ogres like a pro :D

Kyoko's Star Reading scene was so random and trippy.

Looks like we can expect another fight with Jin next episode :D

Calling the Dead, yup Natsume is definitely coming back :P
Mar 18, 2014 9:05 PM

May 2013
It's hard not to run into some spoiler at this time, since this is the episode before last, I guess people just can't hold it anymore.
Jin is now my favorite here...
Though I hope it won't took too long before they start S2 ...
if I got it right...I start reading Vol1-4 at the 3rd or 4th year of my college, and now I'm graduated for 2 years, it might took another 3 years before the author wrote enough.
Mar 18, 2014 9:30 PM

Jan 2011
Mod Note: I've deleted some clear spoilers. Please do not discuss plot points that have yet to be revealed in the anime.

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION. DO NOT DISCUSS THE LIGHT NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 18, 2014 10:15 PM
Apr 2013
IDK how will they make the last episode without it looking rushed tbh The first half of this episode was tedious tbh

As well Suzu... she's a mystery. Answers about her aren't gonna be answered when the series ends. And I doubt there will be a S2.

On another note, wow Jin is Uberpowered lol I honestly expected Kagami to give him some trouble but... lol he was beaten so easily. And damn Kogure, I expected him to side with Jin as well lol And yay Amami is alive xD

Does anyone know where can I read the LN translations? Baka-tsuki is so late in updates -.- They haven't even covered the volume 5 fully.
C2FlashMar 18, 2014 10:23 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Tokyo Ravens community still alive? Any news on the new LN volume 17?

Gilgamesh45 - Mar 26, 2022

24 by XrIoUs »»
Mar 24, 4:18 AM

» Rest in peace Maon Kurosaki

Hot_Green_Tea - Mar 3, 2023

2 by smallwitchy »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2014

372 by DemonLordKenzaki »»
Sep 16, 2023 11:43 PM

» Tokyo ravens really end?

Patolas - Aug 6, 2017

16 by Alexioos95 »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:12 AM

» How to see the rest of the story?

MrBones2002 - Jun 11, 2021

5 by Biribiri10 »»
Nov 7, 2022 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.