Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 16, 2007 3:45 PM

Oct 2006
Ok a little bit better than the first episode. I might have actually laugh at least once but it still wasnt that good.
Apr 17, 2007 2:19 AM

Feb 2007
I'm glad the food scene in episode 1 weeded out all the complainers (sarcasm).

Even though I hate it when people compare Lucky Star to other KyoAni works I'm going to have to say that I like LS better than Haruhi or Air judging by the first two episodes. It's rare that an anime makes me feel like a part of the conversation going on, Windy Tales is a Masterpiece in regards to empathy, and Lucky Star is so far the runner-up. You have to admit it, you were laughing when Kona made the funny face even though we never saw it. It was just funny just because the others found it funny.

I'm still not really sure about Kona being an anime fan / RPGamer, I think it's a bit of a desperate attempt to get those male fans who won't like lucky star to watch it, which is a mistake.
Anti Loli Association Sick of Lolis? Come join the ALA!
Apr 17, 2007 6:31 AM

Jan 2007
Kopanda said:

I'm still not really sure about Kona being an anime fan / RPGamer, I think it's a bit of a desperate attempt to get those male fans who won't like lucky star to watch it, which is a mistake.

Haven't seen the episode yet, but I do know that Konata is an anime/game fan in the 4koma it's based off of. It's true to the original, so if it's a gimmick, it's not KyoAni's doing (other than the voice choice, of course. Aya Hirano talking about otaku subjects is definitely pushing someone's buttons in a very good way).
Apr 18, 2007 5:23 PM

Nov 2006
I Liked it, but I'm abit disappointed in this episodes Lucky Channel, or I just didn't quite understand that part... still watching it over... I really didn't find this one funny like the first, still love Akira. D: <3!
Apr 18, 2007 11:23 PM

Jan 2007
First let me say that Konata has broken into my top ten character list.

As for the episode, I absolutely loved it. The whole split screen in the beginning was great. I loved the different angles they used for the same scene. Seeing Konata on the computer for the whole week cracked me up. I also loved all the anime references, especially the Keroro Gunsou crane game and the Haruhi taiko drum master. That whole guessing where Konata worked was great though I wish we could've seen Konata actually wokring at the maid cafe. The only problem in this episode was that the Lucky Channel at the end was too long. I cant wait till the next episode.

Overall, Konata is love.
Apr 19, 2007 12:36 AM

Aug 2006
Faust721 said:

As for the episode, I absolutely loved it. The whole split screen in the beginning was great. I loved the different angles they used for the same scene. Seeing Konata on the computer for the whole week cracked me up. I also loved all the anime references, especially the Keroro Gunsou crane game and the Haruhi taiko drum master. That whole guessing where Konata worked was great though I wish we could've seen Konata actually wokring at the maid cafe. The only problem in this episode was that the Lucky Channel at the end was too long. I cant wait till the next episode.

Overall, Konata is love.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. Most of this episode had me cracking up in tears. Konata and Kagami are one of the best comedic duos that I've seen so far! Again lots of references again in this episode. I loved the Haruhi ending theme they played and then the Shuffle poster :P. Anyways, I hope the next episode is at least as funny as this one.
Apr 20, 2007 12:27 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Faust721 said:

Exactly my thoughts, I was so looking forward to seeing this episode after a week without i-net and anime fansubs. And I was laughing the whole time xD because of the reasons you mentioned, Faust.

Kopanda said:
It's rare that an anime makes me feel like a part of the conversation going on,

QFT!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 20, 2007 12:33 PM

Feb 2007
Faust721 said:

Overall, Konata is love.

QFT! I actually don't care much for Aya Hirano, but Konata is just an awesome character <3 The Keroro Gunsou and Haruhi references were wonderful, of course XD

Looking forward to the next episode ~
Apr 20, 2007 12:34 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Oh and I'm sure y'all noticed the Shuffle! picture of Sia as well, right?

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 20, 2007 5:28 PM

Apr 2007
I think Aya does a great job on Konata. Aya's so cute <3
Lucky Channel continues to make me laugh and go WTF at the same time. I love the fact that it's Taniguchi. Haha.
Honestly, the week in the life of an otaku mad me laugh really hard. Mostly cause it reminds me of me so much.
Apr 20, 2007 8:23 PM

Mar 2005
lol this episode was good. not laugh out loud good, but amusing. I'm still waiting for KyoAni to pull something up their sleeves though, not sure I can be amused by this for 24/26 eps.
Apr 21, 2007 11:13 AM

Apr 2007
I love this show. I don't even know why but I'm hooked. Not like I can avoid watching anything with Hirano Aya anyway. Looking forward to episode 3.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 21, 2007 11:19 AM

Mar 2007
absolutely loved this second ep, now we are talking :>

*want to get more episodes fast*
Apr 21, 2007 4:57 PM

Aug 2006
This episode was much better then the first, I liked the Keroro Gunso machine. =P

Apr 21, 2007 6:26 PM

Jan 2007
All in all I liked the actual episode part of this one more than the first, though the Lucky Channel part was less impressive. The main part had me laughing out loud numerous times, much unlike the last episode where most of my laughter had to do with the Lucky Channel segment of things. It made me glad I didn't drop the show though. ^^

The potential for awesome here is becoming more and more prominent. I'm eager to see how episode three goes. *nods*
woo.

Apr 21, 2007 7:16 PM

Jan 2007
Twitchy_Fingah said:
All in all I liked the actual episode part of this one more than the first, though the Lucky Channel part was less impressive. The main part had me laughing out loud numerous times, much unlike the last episode where most of my laughter had to do with the Lucky Channel segment of things. It made me glad I didn't drop the show though. ^^

The potential for awesome here is becoming more and more prominent. I'm eager to see how episode three goes. *nods*

Agreed on all points. Konata is definitely my fave (and everyone else's) thus far :-p.
Apr 22, 2007 1:27 AM

Feb 2007
wildebeest0001 said:
lol this episode was good. not laugh out loud good, but amusing. I'm still waiting for KyoAni to pull something up their sleeves though, not sure I can be amused by this for 24/26 eps.
Yes! That is all to be said. or wait, one more thing..
Kopanda.. I disagree. Not better than Air or Haruhi (or any other KyoAni mastepeices). Not until they pull something amazing out. I mean, that is my personal opinion.
May 1, 2007 12:30 AM

Feb 2007
Well, i watched Episode 1 yesterday. Since i have never even heard of Lucky Star and all its hype, i kinda liked Episode 1. Well, the second half anyway.

And after Episode 2...i love it! Konata and Miyuki relate to me in a weird way. And i can explode like Akira. Shame though...Lucky Channel 1 was better than Lucky Channel 2.
Jun 12, 2007 12:38 AM

Mar 2007
Spilt screen in the beginning was annoying. Lucky Channel in episode 1 was better.

Kopanda said:
You have to admit it, you were laughing when Kona made the funny face even though we never saw it. It was just funny just because the others found it funny.

Not really.

What had me laughing was when they were guessing where Konata was working.
Dec 27, 2007 9:24 AM

Jun 2007
better than the first i must say.
kagami is cute, and thats it. konata was also cute, and funny. her expressions are the best xD
Jun 22, 2008 3:29 PM

Jun 2008
Mmmh its very entertaining to see with what they come up next, and how they exploit the conversations.. My favorite character is definitely Konata, i want to be like her just in man... Which should be really easy (dentist scene). It was very helpful to know about the may sickness, another sociallz accepted disease like depression.. or alcoholism juhuu!!
Kirameite, yurameite, aoki yumi, maihanatsu, hana mo-e yu-kuuu!!!
Aug 6, 2008 9:22 PM
Jul 2008
the only thing that was slightly funny was the men getting beat to a little girl on the arcade games... and the keroro machine was cute.... but I can't bear to watch another episode, it's too dull for me.
Dec 7, 2008 5:34 AM

Jul 2008
didnt laugh at all x.x hope that the later episodes will be better.

Dec 9, 2008 2:22 PM

Jun 2008
wth ? this anime is almost as random as FLCL
Feb 14, 2009 2:17 PM

Nov 2008
Getting better... I really like the random (although I hate that word) things they talk about. They over-think the everyday silly things, like I do.
Get a life and stop reading my signature...
Feb 16, 2009 9:07 AM

Sep 2008
Kopanda said:
It's rare that an anime makes me feel like a part of the conversation going on, Windy Tales is a Masterpiece in regards to empathy, and Lucky Star is so far the runner-up. You have to admit it, you were laughing when Kona made the funny face even though we never saw it. It was just funny just because the others found it funny.

W.T.F.
"makes me part of the conversation"
Are you SERIOUS?
Is THAT what you look for in anime?
If so, then you need a life.
Anime is anime, you don't have to be a "part" of it. If you want real-life scenarios, go out into the real world.
"It was just funny just because the others found it funny."
Who? the fictional characters?
wow.
Like I said above, get a life.

Mar 28, 2009 10:57 PM

Feb 2009
Maa, this show is on Crrrrrrrrack! I love it! <3

Split Scene = Win
Konata playing games = win
Ending theme = win

Lazyfulness said:
Kopanda said:
It's rare that an anime makes me feel like a part of the conversation going on, Windy Tales is a Masterpiece in regards to empathy, and Lucky Star is so far the runner-up. You have to admit it, you were laughing when Kona made the funny face even though we never saw it. It was just funny just because the others found it funny.

W.T.F.
"makes me part of the conversation"
Are you SERIOUS?
Is THAT what you look for in anime?
If so, then you need a life.
Anime is anime, you don't have to be a "part" of it. If you want real-life scenarios, go out into the real world.
"It was just funny just because the others found it funny."
Who? the fictional characters?
wow.
Like I said above, get a life.

You know. I'm a huge advocate of stating one's opinion. But there is a huge line between stating an opinion and bashing someone elses. And you crossed it. Why should you care? It's about them, not you. Their opinion isn't affecting you so why are you so rude and insulting?
May 15, 2009 3:03 PM

Sep 2008
I'm just like Tsukasa in the sense I like to sleep a lot, lol. My brother is actually like Kagami in the sense he's up on time, hehe. Just thought I'll share that xD

and I totally agree with kawaiigreen, the post above me!

May 19, 2009 6:13 AM

Jul 2008
Konata was great, the other elements of the episode were so-so.
May 26, 2009 9:23 PM
Dec 2008
itainteazy said:
Ok a little bit better than the first episode. I might have actually laugh at least once but it still wasnt that good.

My exact and same comment.

Jun 13, 2009 4:34 PM

Mar 2009
I'm like that during the school holidays.

Jul 7, 2009 9:15 PM

Jun 2009
Good ep, but I actually enjoyed the first episode too. This one was better, though. Konata cracks me up.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 13, 2009 2:21 AM

Nov 2007
It was ... okay, only picked it up again because a friend rated it highly but I guess I'll have to stick around for a few more eps to find any true humor =/
Jul 28, 2009 5:33 AM

Jul 2009
Faust721 said:

Overall, Konata is love.
lol,i liked seeing Konata the whole week in the pc XD
and shes my favorite char,kawaii^^(actually i have her dancing in my desktop right now),references were cool and...Konata at the manga store was so funny
the girl from the lucky star channel still anoys me,i found this ep quite better than the first,gonna watch the 3rd right now^^
Aug 30, 2009 11:48 PM

Mar 2009
Ok.. :D Alittle better than the first episode. but the fact that so many random thing's go on makes it alittle more funny.
Plus., I Love Konata's gaming skills. No one can stop her. >:3
4/5.

Nov 8, 2009 4:39 PM

Sep 2009
I'm trying my best to stay with this anime, becuase I hear that it's extremely good.
But the beginning is just so damn boring >_< lmao.

Nov 13, 2009 10:16 AM
Oct 2009
lol i liked it
Jan 5, 2010 3:00 AM
Jan 14, 2010 1:01 PM

Oct 2008
This episode is a lot better than the first one, it actually kept me entertained and watching. (almost stopped watching the first episode halfway through)
Jan 17, 2010 5:58 PM
Jan 2010
Tyestor said:
Shuffle! reference.

Ah! Wow! I can't believe I didn't catch that!
Jan 22, 2010 7:39 AM

Nov 2009
The OP is awesome =], im already feeling absorbed into the characters emotions..this will probably be a great anime
Feb 20, 2010 2:37 PM

Jul 2007
Yeah i love the OP also. Its upbeat and full of emotion. This episode was slightly better then the first I love Konata's Otaku like qualities, its funny hearing her talk bout video games and anime lol.

Although the animation kind of turns me off, there isnt much happening in terms of movement. Its almost like every is a stand steal and that kind of is annoying.

Mar 2, 2010 4:47 PM
Aug 2008
I like that part near the beginning where they showed Kagami and Tsukasa in split-screen.

Oh! I knew I recognized Minoru's English VA from somewhere! Eheh, I guess I've played a lot of Eternal Sonata...
NyperoldMar 2, 2010 7:30 PM
"Say, Tsukasa, how do you eat a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup?"
Mar 24, 2010 2:23 PM

Jan 2010
I think this one was a bit better than the first. Judging by what I hear, it only gets better from here.
Mar 28, 2010 12:31 AM

Sep 2009
I actually liked this episode quite a bit. I was interested the whole time and I didn't even realize that it had been 24 minutes by the time it was over. I don't think there's anything super amazing about the show but it's still a fun watch and that's really all that matters. I'm pretty sure my favourite part of this series will be the lucky channel segment near the end.
Apr 13, 2010 12:52 PM

Feb 2010
I'm still sitting here saying... "what?" as I watch this... but for some reason I can't turn it off.

This episode was a lot better than the 1st, for-sure.

Funniest part for me:

"Sensei, I also let loose and had a blast." hahaha.
Jun 20, 2010 11:07 AM

Feb 2010
Now rewatching after a long time and I still love these very long conversations.
Jun 22, 2010 7:21 AM

Sep 2009
This is just too cute! I love it! Konata is so funny, i love when she phones Kagami to ask to copy her homework! The split screen at the start was really effective, loved this episode!

Sep 16, 2010 9:25 AM

Jul 2009
Better than the 1st episode, I can start to see why people rate this show so highly now.
Feb 9, 2011 7:03 PM

Oct 2008
I'm just like Konata when it comes to studying. XD
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lucky ☆ Star Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

chibuki - Sep 16, 2007

253 by EggWithNoPan »»
Apr 20, 1:55 AM

Poll: » Lucky ☆ Star Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Sep 10, 2007

85 by biuberry »»
Apr 9, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Lucky ☆ Star Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Joseph_ - Aug 27, 2007

112 by biuberry »»
Apr 8, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Lucky Star Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - May 22, 2007

84 by Celt1cs »»
Apr 7, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Lucky ☆ Star Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sidestep - Aug 19, 2007

62 by biuberry »»
Apr 4, 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.