Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Saki
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2009 2:02 PM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
heh so Hisa and Mihoko ended up battling. I really couldn't get into the matches since it jumped around a lot but it was still fun. I got a kick out of Kaori getting a kokushi musou from Touka. And Tomoki's smile afterwards was priceless.

Sucks that it didn't focus on Saki much but it looks like she gonna have some trouble against, who I'm assuming, the person Mutsuki faced.

and lol at Yuuki being day 1's leader. It's gonna be tough to figure out which 3 will qualify for Nationals.
Faust721Aug 23, 2009 2:19 PM
Aug 23, 2009 2:43 PM

Feb 2008
Yup and Hisa remember her when she show her the blue eyes and how she played. That moment was good.
Haha that was also funny about Kaori that still have her beginners luck amd yeah I would also laugh about that since Touka said she won't fall for her play.
Agreed with you there. Tomoki's smile was priceless.

We already have seen so much about Saki game, that's probably why it won't focus so much of her.
Maybe her luck is increasing while playing with stronger opponents. I dunno but oh well she qualify to the final.
In the beginning she seem not to be happy there, okay just my thought.
We saw a lot of Yuuki there that she pwnd the players.

I wonder how this anime going to end. xD

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 23, 2009 2:46 PM

Sep 2008
Poor Kyoutarou...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2009 3:47 PM

Jan 2009
Yay Hisa and Mihoko.
IaMP with me.
Aug 23, 2009 3:58 PM
May 2009
Saki really just doesn't care that much about the individual tournament. Her main goal was to get to nationals and see her sister, which has already been accomplished. As soon as she heard that not everyone on her team was going to make it through, she started reverting back to holding back. I suspect Haramura is going to need to go verbally kick Saki's butt into gear again before Saki plays up to her potential.

The teasing of the Ryuumonbuchi team of Touka playing into the Kokushi Musou was hilarious, esp. Tomoki's contribution. Hehe. At least Hajime knows how to cheer her up. Speaking of Hajime, she played pretty well. She ended up 4th in the rankings. I think Hajime is a better player than Touka.

Hisa vs. Mihoko was pretty fun and cute.

As for the South Wind Girl, she almost has to match up with East Wind Yuki. Should be interesting and very close.
Aug 23, 2009 5:24 PM

Apr 2008
mahjong action xD woo~

I didnt think that Yuuki would reach 1st place o_o lol

Aug 23, 2009 5:31 PM

Feb 2008
Is it just me but I thought everyone on her team was going to the national?

katreus said:
Saki really just doesn't care that much about the individual tournament. Her main goal was to get to nationals and see her sister, which has already been accomplished. As soon as she heard that not everyone on her team was going to make it through, she started reverting back to holding back. I suspect Haramura is going to need to go verbally kick Saki's butt into gear again before Saki plays up to her potential.

The teasing of the Ryuumonbuchi team of Touka playing into the Kokushi Musou was hilarious, esp. Tomoki's contribution. Hehe. At least Hajime knows how to cheer her up. Speaking of Hajime, she played pretty well. She ended up 4th in the rankings. I think Hajime is a better player than Touka.

Hisa vs. Mihoko was pretty fun and cute.

As for the South Wind Girl, she almost has to match up with East Wind Yuki. Should be interesting and very close.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 23, 2009 5:34 PM

Jul 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
Poor Kyoutarou...

Aw. I actually wanted to see him play too. But I'm glad this episode wasn't a recap, because I thought from the preview from last episode it was going to be.
Aug 23, 2009 6:08 PM

Sep 2008
if saki taked off her shoes she would had been #1
HawthorneKitty said:
Poor Kyoutarou...

XD
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Aug 23, 2009 6:19 PM
Mar 2009
Saki's holding back cos she knows that not all of her team can go to the singles nationals...

I wanna see her do her +/- 0 thing again, and see everyone freak out that she can do that. This would've been the perfect place to do that, cos with Yuuki so far ahead, taking so many points, she probably would've ended up just inside the top 20 anyway. XD

Aug 23, 2009 6:34 PM

Feb 2009
So not a recap.. That's a relief, though i would have liked to see more of Saki's rounds.
Aug 23, 2009 9:25 PM
Jul 2018
Individuals yeah!
New character looks promising, and I wonder which character we know will end up in the top20.

katreus said:

This might happen, the preview already looks like that.
Aug 24, 2009 2:11 AM

Feb 2008
The previews looks promise and when that girl sitting South wind the opponent always getting hit by here.
Oh well I wonder what Saki going to do now. xD

Aug 24, 2009 9:02 AM

Mar 2008
This episode was a very nice touch for Hisa x Mihoko fans! An endless "Yay!" for them! Finally we saw the old rivals' re-battle and that was totally special.
Now I still want more from them.
I wonder if Hisa would notice her more from now on?

Also, I found it totally hilarious by the way Saki stumbled down and also Tomoki's smile was indeed priceless!
She finally got to stab those words back to Touka! LOL!

Gotta love Kaori in this episode too! She was totally funny with her play style and her cute slow talk.

And funny how Saki acted this episode. It totally wasn't like her and it's like she isn't taking the battles seriously at all. Like what others think too, Saki may get some scolding from Nodoka while reminding her of their promise.

I also ponder if that strange player that Mutsuki encountered was one of the demons Fujita pro stated before? It's possible that she'll be one of those players to proceed through the nationals.

Anyhow, I'm still eagerly anticipating the next episode!
This episode just totally pumped me up! Especially how they put up the Hisa x Mihoko scenes on this episode! Good thing Hisa finally remembered her! Hehehe!
Aug 24, 2009 9:59 AM

Jul 2008
hmm
if Saki is holding back thats no fun =/
Taco Power!
Aug 24, 2009 12:26 PM

Sep 2008
Mihoko <3

needs moar koromo
Aug 24, 2009 3:21 PM

Feb 2008
Mihoko indeed cute so quite love the moment when Hisa remember her. :)
I wonder how Saki going to handle that match while playing with that Mutsuki encountered.

Nodoka doesn't have the penguin and Saki don't have take of her shoes, it seem like they doesn't play seriously even thought they both play better that way.
Oh well looking forward to next episode xD

Aug 24, 2009 4:04 PM

Jun 2008
The final scene was really cool. And how they maintained the pace of the episode was really great. I was surprised that they managed to fit this tournament into one episode. :)
Aug 24, 2009 4:36 PM

Oct 2007
Well, no need to restate what everyone has already said it was really fun with all those scenes. I like how Hisa keeps changing her winning tile to get away from Mihoko but it was too late. Next episode we need to see that mystery girl in action.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Aug 24, 2009 7:54 PM
Oct 2007
Yuuki is so much fun to watch!! I hope she gets top 3, but if she can only win as East then I would rather she get 4th place, lol.
Aug 24, 2009 9:36 PM
Feb 2009
was worrying they will screw up last 4 episodes since this part already pass the manga but this episode is good

yumi got 4th place, not bad ^^

love the part when touka play, she can guess what tile kaori has but still loss lol, last time momoko, this time kaori... touka just has such bad luck with tsuruga academy lol

pff... poor kyou, guess ur one n only purpose is to do errand for the girls after all... ^^"
flame_tiongAug 25, 2009 7:51 AM
oblivious is a bliss
Aug 24, 2009 11:13 PM

Dec 2008
Use your full strength Saki.....oh well. Good episode. I kinda like this show better without all the yuri themes.
Aug 25, 2009 12:18 AM
Jul 2018
flame_tiong said:

Saki is on 24th with +183 .. so she's the last of Kiyosumi, Touka I suppose is not in the top30 but will get into it soon.
One could speculate who the incredible new player is, she should be somewhere on p12-14 or p17-23
Aug 25, 2009 5:34 AM

Sep 2007
Good episode...
And it's not a recap so... Really good. ^^
Aug 25, 2009 3:11 PM

Feb 2008
I don't think they will be more recap, I guess we don't see more of Saki super play . :(

Aug 25, 2009 7:40 PM

Nov 2007
Nice episode.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Aug 26, 2009 8:47 AM

Jul 2008
Blackbird said:
Is it just me but I thought everyone on her team was going to the national?

In the national there is a team tournament and a individual tournament as well.
Saki's team will be the one representing the team tournament, as for the three who will represent the individual tournament are the one who will win this current tournament.

Saki will go to Tokyo and that's enough for her so because of her nature she would want people who don't have the chance to go to Tokyo to go at her place in the individual since one time is enough for her.
Aug 27, 2009 10:24 PM

Nov 2007
I'm supporting Hisa X Mihoko.

Aug 28, 2009 12:57 AM

May 2008
Mihoko was awesome , it is always nice to see her open her eye, wonder why she closed it though

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 29, 2009 2:13 AM

Nov 2007
So Ueno finally remembers her, taco power wins the day xD!
Aug 29, 2009 6:26 AM
Jul 2009
YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!
Finally Hisa remembered Mihoko!
This episode made me feel soooooo happy and also made my day as a Hisa x Mihoko fan!

And also yeah like what maxime1007 said, I also feel like Saki is giving chances to others who weren't able to pass last time with the team tournament. Maybe so is Hisa, since I also think she wasn't playing seriously too, given that she didn't have her twin tails.

Also, if you're a Hisa x Mihoko fan, please join and let us know that you're one of us!
First 10 members (well, I'm included) will be given an Admin.
So far there are like 7 members right now.
Also, if you became one of the Admins or even members please help keep the club even just a little active. Thanks!
Join Hisa x Mihoko Fanclub!
Aug 29, 2009 11:32 PM

Jul 2008
haha yuuki is best player xD so the individuals began. dont think that it will end thsi season.

Aug 31, 2009 6:09 PM

Feb 2008
Yuuki was lucky that been in East Side all the time, so sad it wasn't Saki on Sunday :( We have to wait for this sunday for another episode. :(

Aug 31, 2009 9:09 PM

May 2009
I wanna see a motherfucking Hisa spin-off. Shes just so goddamn awesome.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2009 10:15 PM

Jul 2007
TACOS POWAA!!! X3333 <3 <3 <3
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Aug 31, 2009 10:26 PM

Dec 2007
Puni said:

Buchou is my favorite as well.
Sep 5, 2009 9:30 PM

Feb 2008
Finally it's sunday when episode 22 going to be released this evening here in Europe

Sep 12, 2009 5:34 PM

Jul 2008
individuals begin, and taco power triumphs!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Sep 21, 2009 12:42 AM

May 2008
heh so Hisa and Mihoko ended up battling. I really couldn't get into the matches since it jumped around a lot but it was still fun. I got a kick out of Kaori getting a kokushi musou from Touka. And Tomoki's smile afterwards was priceless.

Sucks that it didn't focus on Saki much but it looks like she gonna have some trouble against, who I'm assuming, the person Mutsuki faced.
Oct 3, 2009 10:01 PM

Apr 2009
Wow, Yuuki pwnage.
Oct 4, 2009 8:57 PM

Dec 2007
I enjoyed Hisa and Mihoko's match, and I'm glad to see Hisa remembers Mihoko. I feel that Nodoka will scolds Saki after she finds out that Saki holds back since she won the team tournament that leads her to see her sister.
Apr 21, 2014 2:42 PM

May 2012
Pretty nice episode, let's see what's next!
Jun 18, 2014 8:40 PM
Sep 2011
So Hisa finally remembered. And then said that Miko likely also forgot. Yeah, right. She called you by your old name. She countered your play style. YEAH, SHE DEFINITELY FORGOT. Well, human nature, I guess. Not accepting that you were the only one that forgot.
And Touka. All talks about going against Nodoka again, and her opponent this time ended up being the Tsuruga newbie. Well, my first thought was that "newbie's luck" is going to be busted...but well, Touka. Is "Touka'd" a thing?

Also, poor Kyoutaro. Disqualified in the very first round. Hm, wonder, how would a mixed-gender competition go (then again, knowing Kyoutaro's luck, he's likely gonna end up against Amae).
Dec 7, 2014 9:45 PM

Mar 2014
The Individual tournaments begins ~ !!
It looks like that "beginner's luck" is 'individually challenging' to touka .. she played into it .
The "specials" have the highest probabilities to advance on the next stage .. which if a "stead" one is good enough to make it to the nationals , I would in all likelihood, give an applaud .
Poor kyou .. a sudden elimination for him .. cheers though , became a labor of supplies .
Man .. one of the match that I've been waiting for !! Kazekoshi vs Kiyosumi; buchou round !!
Cerulean open !! Stoppage strings at the battle of tiles !!
Pretty great Episode !!! Moving to the finals !!
Jan 10, 2015 10:50 PM

Sep 2014
Stealth Momo FTW
Jan 17, 2016 11:10 AM

Dec 2010
They finally capitalized on Yuki's forte, the only part I felt bad about was Kyou surpassing even the low expectations I had about his performance.

I didn't expect Hisa to actually forget about Mihoko.

Meddigo said:
Puni said:

Buchou is my favorite as well.
*Signs the petition*
Apr 7, 2016 12:28 AM

Feb 2013
About time she remember her. Then again it's kinda hard to forget someone with two different colored eyes.
Jul 1, 2017 7:57 AM

Jul 2015
Being Kyou is suffering q_q

Yuuki kicking ass hard in this first round, let's see how much it lasts.
Dec 10, 2018 7:56 PM

Jun 2017
"I have disgraced the good name of Kiyosumi!"
"Daijoubu Kyou - nobody was counting on you anyway."

Aug 27, 2021 1:12 AM

Feb 2020
Yuuki and Mihoko played pretty nicely. Yuuki's voice is so adorable. :3

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know this character from Saki ?

lunalee1294 - Apr 9

2 by lunalee1294 »»
Apr 10, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Saki Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

starrysky - Sep 27, 2009

125 by KenZync »»
Jan 8, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Saki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Plate - Apr 19, 2009

72 by Losthevy »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Saki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Plate - Apr 5, 2009

155 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 11, 2023 12:02 AM

» Is this interesting enough for me???

Sylpheed - Jun 30, 2009

4 by removed-user »»
Jan 16, 2023 9:15 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.