Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 20, 2009 11:06 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cal as new phantom is different from other phantom. Her action is big.

In Japan and this time is to kill a Chinese.

Lizzie, in place of Claudia, is the commander and coop with Scythe master.

It seems like Cal doesn't really follow Scythe master's control.

Next ep... it seems like Zwei will be there and he will be unable to kill Cal.
tsubasaloverAug 20, 2009 11:29 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 21, 2009 12:01 AM

Jan 2009
Absolutely fantastic episode, Cal is stealing the show and running away with it, even though the other characters are handled very well too.

Methinks we're headed for a very nice finish.
Aug 21, 2009 6:53 AM

Jan 2008
i hope that sub comes faster for this episode....
Aug 21, 2009 7:59 AM

Oct 2008
aw where did you guy watch it? can some body give me the link i wouldn't mind if it raw
Aug 21, 2009 8:22 AM

May 2009
kikuchimera said:
aw where did you guy watch it? can some body give me the link i wouldn't mind if it raw

Here you Go^^
http://www.animecrazy.net/phantom-requiem-for-the-phantom-episode-21/

Aug 21, 2009 8:24 AM

Oct 2008
Thanks ^^
Aug 21, 2009 11:40 AM
Feb 2009
This ep was way much better than the previous one IMO. We've seen some Cal action, I like that she differs from the previous Phantoms; and more Inferno (but I missed Claudia :( ). And the preview is very promising!
tsubasalover said:
In Japan and this time is to kill a Chinese.

Haha, I noticed that too ^^

A random note: anyone else disliked the gunfight's background music?
Aug 21, 2009 8:06 PM

Jun 2009
seems like episode 22 is the showdown.
This episode was great, sigh* i really hope something bad won't happen to eren...
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Aug 22, 2009 2:25 AM
Aug 2009
wohoo believe it or not sub is out by inferno! check tokyotosho
Aug 22, 2009 2:34 AM

Aug 2009
Jynx23 said:
wohoo believe it or not sub is out by inferno! check tokyotosho

Yay! Thanks Inferno ^^
Aug 22, 2009 2:34 AM

Jul 2008
nice, can't wait to watch this one. getting it RIGHT NOW from Inferno subs o.O
Aug 22, 2009 3:49 AM

Jul 2008
Watched the subbed episode:

-A kickass action scene in which Cal kills everyone in a Chinese restaurant, in true movie fashion (she is a fan of movies after all). In the VN, she just killed that Chinese guy with her clock game after causing a battle between Inferno and Chinesse gangsters
-It was neat to hear Reiji talk about how he tought her how to kill and showed her the way to Underworld while she was walking from the "completed" mission
-So, anime turned one of the Chinese druglords into Scyhte's former friend whom we actually saw before few eps? Interesting
-In this version Lizzie emoes on how Phantom killed enemy gangsters? WTF?! Since when she emoes over dead enemy? It was more realistic in the VN where she blamed Cal for causing a battle in which two Inferno gangsters died
-They removed the scene in which Lizzie yelled at Cal and showed how far into darkness Cal fell
-I LOLed when Cal threw a towel into Scyhte's face. No obedient girl like Ein here he he
-Cal says "So Reiji, it is your turn now" instead of "Reiji, you look like a kid"
-Cal gets a new eyecather. I am glad they didn't put a mask on her and instead shadowed her face
-more high school scenes, filled with irony this time. The anime only male character seems to have a crush on Ellen
-Reiji and Scyhte have a conversation
-Ein meets Drei and next ep it is time for the first catfight (and maybe the last, depending on ending anime takes)

All in all, a great episode and a large improvement uppon the original material.
Aug 22, 2009 4:00 AM

Nov 2008
heart pounding episode.

Aug 22, 2009 4:07 AM

Jul 2008
and Cal is after Elen for only one reason, she wants her man back!

Check what she says in preview and there you will see what she wants.

but what pissed me off about this episode was that they did not show the conversation between Reiji and Cal, i mean did they just look at each other and say, Hello now goobye? i wanted to know what happened after she step out from her bike, i sure as hell know something happened...

In the VN, she just removed the helm after shooting near him and Mio and drove off without saying a word.
She probably did the similiar thing here: made him know that she found him, returned to her bike while this guy was still too shocked to talk and then drove off.
Aug 22, 2009 4:14 AM

Nov 2008
Interesting.
So you know whats going to happen before hand ey?

Aug 22, 2009 4:18 AM

Jul 2008
I played the VN so I do know SOME things (as you can see from my comment, some thigns are different in anime and VN).

I also don't know which ending the anime will take, neither if it will invent an anime-only ending or not.
Aug 22, 2009 4:41 AM

Nov 2008
Yeah but still, you have the majority of whats going to happen or not, to me when i`m watching an anime, i would very much appreciate if i did NOT know whats going to happen, it just takes the fun right off you know, but than again, I shouldn`t be the one telling you this, because i did the same thing with Death Note! it really sucks knowing whats going to happen before it actually happens...

Aug 22, 2009 5:23 AM

Aug 2009
I am completely shocked by how deadly Scythe made Cal Devens. I was talking to myself the following during her shoot out: "Cal are you crazy?" and "Scythe WTH have you done with Cal?" D:< He made a sweet girl into a KILLER! Hope Swei counters her Hatred with some love.
Cal has the Phantom eyes. The red glare is proof to me.

They tried the humour with Motegi but it sort of failed on me in this one.

Aug 22, 2009 5:31 AM

Jul 2008
It was obvious from episode 14 that she will eventually become an assasin, IMO. There was a reason she was a genius.

It was obvious from her love towards movies what kind of assasin she would become (the one that always needs to make a scene, as it is done in movies).

Also, I reccomend rewatching episode 16.

There is a lot more to talk about Cal, but that should be left for future episodes.
Aug 22, 2009 5:44 AM

Aug 2009
Nayrael said:
It was obvious from episode 14 that she will eventually become an assasin, IMO. There was a reason she was a genius.

It was obvious from her love towards movies what kind of assasin she would become (the one that always needs to make a scene, as it is done in movies).

Also, I reccomend rewatching episode 16.

There is a lot more to talk about Cal, but that should be left for future episodes.

Thanks for reminding but obvious perhaps but Scythe was the one who incited her and trained her. I think if it would not be like that she might have had some other better life perhaps for the best.

What is your opinion about the whole who crosses into who's world (Zwei VS Cal)? I think it would have been better for Zwei to have crossed into Cal's world.

I also know she likes De Niro stuff but De Niro is only a actor so I doubt that was a direct influence on her.

Aug 22, 2009 5:48 AM

May 2008
Why does every frikkin ep have to end with some bigass cliffhanger. So annoying. ><
Aug 22, 2009 7:19 AM

Jan 2009
Mercurio said:
Why does every frikkin ep have to end with some bigass cliffhanger. So annoying. ><

So your excited to watch the next episode.

Anyway, I loved this episode, the only thing that was weird was when Cal went in to kill the old guy, and like 8 people with sub machine guys couldn't hit her once.........

I'm not sure I like the new cal, but next episode looks good.
Aug 22, 2009 7:29 AM

Jul 2008
What is your opinion about the whole who crosses into who's world (Zwei VS Cal)? I think it would have been better for Zwei to have crossed into Cal's world.

Well, one of reasons why I like Cal is the very interesting character development and drama of ReijixCal relationship so I have no complaints on this route.

I also know she likes De Niro stuff but De Niro is only a actor so I doubt that was a direct influence on her.

She actually likes the movies in general, especially westerns it seems. Being a girl without school life and other things normal children have and living mostly in the house, she probably spent most of her time watching TV since she fled from her father at age of 5.

Thanks for reminding but obvious perhaps but Scythe was the one who incited her and trained her. I think if it would not be like that she might have had some other better life perhaps for the best.

Some of job offers for street girls:
-prostitute
-stripper
-drug dealer
-drug user
-gangster
-street cleaner
-taxi driver
-EXCLUSIVE OFFER: kickass assasin, big payment

Not many nice options there, are there? And thats not all...

Things not mentioned in anime but which should have been mentioned:

Staying with Reiji forever is what she would consider a happy life. But when she found out that Reiji never returned, imagine how she felt. Some will say: "Well, he tought she was dead". She tought that he was dead at first too, and thats why she returned to the apartment: to see if his corpse was there. Finding none, it became obvious that he is still alive and that he will eventually return to check for her corpse... which never happened. No matter how she looked at it, it looked like she was abondoned and she loved him too much to be able to continue going on, it seems.

So, after finding out that Reiji fled from USA with another girl, imagine how then she felt. Her new goal becomes obvious.

Spoiler for those who skip previews in episodes

There is of course, much more to say about her but that would be entering spoiler teritory. Lets just say that she is an very interesting character for people like me who care mostly about interesting developments.

Discussing her falling into darkness I'll also leave for later as I can't discuss that without spoilers, I am afraid.
NayraelAug 22, 2009 7:35 AM
Aug 22, 2009 7:41 AM

Aug 2009
Nayrael said:

Well, one of reasons why I like Cal is the very interesting character development and drama of ReijixCal relationship so I have no complaints on this route.

She actually likes the movies in general, especially westerns it seems. Being a girl without school life and other things normal children have and living mostly in the house, she probably spent most of her time watching TV since she fled from her father at age of 5.

-prostitute
-stripper
-drug dealer
-drug user
-gangster
-street cleaner
-taxi driver

Staying with Reiji forever is what she would consider a happy life. But when she found out that Reiji never returned, imagine how she felt. Some will say: "Well, he tought she was dead". She tought that he was dead at first too, and thats why she returned to the apartment: to see if his corpse was there. Finding none, it became obvious that he is still alive and that he will eventually return to check for her corpse... which never happened. No matter how she looked at it, it looked like she was abondoned and she loved him too much to be able to continue going on, it seems.

So, after finding out that Reiji fled from USA with another girl, imagine how then she felt. Her new goal becomes obvious.

There is of course, much more to say about her but that would be entering spoiler teritory. Lets just say that she is an very interesting character for people like me who care mostly about interesting developments.

Discussing her falling into darkness I'll also leave for later as I can't discuss that without spoilers, I am afraid.

OMG! I swear I did not know *freaking out* I swear all the stuff about Cal I did not know. I wish she did not suffer any of it but she did.

OMG ran at 5 years old? BIG THANKS for info. I understand better now.

Aug 22, 2009 7:57 AM

Jun 2008
nice ep. I like it XD
cant wait for ep.22

Aug 22, 2009 8:48 AM

Jul 2007
Cal action = win! :D

The ending seems to be very promising, anything can happen.

Another awesome episode again.
Aug 22, 2009 9:30 AM

May 2008
Meh_93 said:
Mercurio said:

So your excited to watch the next episode
I know but it's such a big one evey single episode. ;(
Aug 22, 2009 9:39 AM

Jan 2009
I'm waiting for the next episode too.I wish there will be a happy ending with only one dead character(Scythe).
A triangle(of cal,reiji and ellen) would be nice...(to make up and continue their lives ) :).
"If people want to achieve time travel,they should just put Haruhi on a spaceship.She'd probably just ignore the theory of relativity." - Kyon
Aug 22, 2009 10:08 AM

Jul 2008
=O showdown next episode
dang..
poor Reiji meting scythe like that ; not able to kill him
Aug 22, 2009 11:16 AM

Jul 2009
OKAY !!! NOW I'M OFFICIALLY HARD GAY FOR CAL & I'M... O-K-A-Y WITH IT !!! FOOO !!!

Who cares what Cal said in the preview about wanting to kill Reiji or not, I bet if Reiji goes "Oh Cal, I <3 you, would you be mah girl? I swear Imma kick my "sister"'s ass outta the streets if you do" ... Cal would fall in his arms & be all lovey dovey anytime, she's just jealous at this moment ( And that's so cute <333) just like how Arshes Ney wanna kill Dark Schneider but mellows out every time he hugs her ;)

Oh, BTW, is it me or Cal's VA is the same as Lydia from Teas to Tiara? THIS IS IT !!! That same smexiness that doesnt sound Japanese at times... Ahhh, now one more reason to love Cal over Ein v(>3<)v

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Aug 22, 2009 11:25 AM

Jun 2007
please tell me how Cal grew from a snotty brat into fine hot chick in just 2 years? or is it longer than that?

And why is Reiji & Ellen still in highschool after 2 years? arent they supposed to be 19-20 by now?
Aug 22, 2009 11:26 AM

Jul 2008
Reiji is 18 and Ellen is 17.
Cal is 16.

Oh, BTW, is it me or Cal's VA is the same as Lydia from Teas to Tiara? THIS IS IT !!! That same smexiness that doesnt sound Japanese at times... Ahhh, now one more reason to love Cal over Ein v(>3<)v

The VA is the same. Cal got the luxury of having a popular VA.

The same VA also voices Canaan, that basketball player girl from Bakemonogatari, Aoba from Clannad and many others.
NayraelAug 22, 2009 11:29 AM
Aug 22, 2009 11:29 AM

May 2009
i thin this anime will have the game ending Cherry Blossom Avenue
I`M A MURDERER
Aug 22, 2009 11:59 AM

Jan 2009
Boneslasher said:
I'm waiting for the next episode too.I wish there will be a happy ending with only one dead character(Scythe).
A triangle(of cal,reiji and ellen) would be nice...(to make up and continue their lives ) :).

I'm hoping for awesome shoot out with everyone dying type of ending........I just think that would be the best.

DON'T SPOIL IT ANYONE I DON'T KNOW HOW IT ACTUALLY ENDS
Aug 22, 2009 12:41 PM

Jan 2009
There is one advantage, Meh_93: Nobody knows the ending. I could easily see 3 different endings based on what we have, and that's excluding any "original" endings.

I agree that we should stop with the innuendos how the various endings look like, but no matter what people may be blabbering, there's NO way for anyone of us knowing how it will end.
Aug 22, 2009 12:48 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I hope they do a nice mix of the three main endings. Unlike the VN which left the fate of some characters unknown depending on the arc, the anime should do a more comprehensive ending. I hope it's Elen's path ending with some good stuffs that happened in the other paths as well (in other words a happy ending for everyone).
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 22, 2009 1:14 PM
Dec 2007
I wonder how people can continue to watch this. Since the end of the first part (and the fantastic "ten bullets in the chest wonder"), and even more since the end of the second one and the death of Claudia (bye bye ambiguous characters and political manipulations, welcome emo battles), the series has become unbelievably ridiculous and pointless in terms of script. I feel bad just thinking about it, it's dumber than I can imagine sometimes. Thanks God music are still cool and direction can be good from time to time, apart from that, Phantom has sunken far lower than Blade of the Immortal.

I wouldn't play the visual novel even for all the gold in the world, since the first OVA series was crap and this one is interesting only thanks to Bee Train, Koichi Mashimo and Hikaru Nanase...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 22, 2009 1:19 PM

Jul 2008
I wonder how people can continue to watch this.

Indeed, I also wonder how you can watch it and then ask that question.

(and the fantastic "ten bullets in the chest wonder")
this one is interesting only thanks to Bee Train, Koichi Mashimo and Hikaru Nanase...

Ironicaly, Beetrain was the one that made that scene. There were no bullets in Reiji in the game at all... and neither Ellen falling into the sea...
And the OVA series... wait, that actually followed the VN storyline?
NayraelAug 22, 2009 1:27 PM
Aug 22, 2009 1:53 PM
Jun 2009
Belum_Nabum said:
Nayrael said:

-prostitute
-stripper
-drug dealer
-drug user
-gangster
-street cleaner
-taxi driver

OMG! I swear I did not know *freaking out* I swear all the stuff about Cal I did not know. I wish she did not suffer any of it but she did.

Just thought I'd throw out another piece of info that Bee Train left out of the anime.
Aug 22, 2009 2:07 PM

Feb 2009
Wow Cal was pretty impressive in this epd, she's proven to me that she can probably take out the other phantoms. Will that be the case is the question, and how will Zwei deal with her now? There's so much going on it's hard to draw a clear conclusion to anything.
Aug 22, 2009 2:22 PM

Apr 2009
Im kind of annoyed. I dont want Cal to hate Reji. :( Why does Sythe always get what he wants? He needs to be killed already.
Aug 22, 2009 4:00 PM

Nov 2008
Shancakeschan said:
Im kind of annoyed. I dont want Cal to hate Reji. :( Why does Sythe always get what he wants? He needs to be killed already.

my thoughts exactly.
Arrrrgh cant wait for next episode! Stupid cliffhanger!
Aug 22, 2009 4:17 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Oxu said:
Shancakeschan said:

my thoughts exactly.
Arrrrgh cant wait for next episode! Stupid cliffhanger!

the bad guys always get what they want.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 22, 2009 4:57 PM

Aug 2009
Typomastah said:
Belum_Nabum said:
Nayrael said:

-prostitute
-stripper
-drug dealer
-drug user
-gangster
-street cleaner
-taxi driver

Just thought I'd throw out another piece of info that Bee Train left out of the anime.

Very interesting info and another clue as to why the hatred worked more on Cal.
Thanks for info again.

Aug 22, 2009 5:05 PM

Jan 2009
wakka9ca said:
I hope they do a nice mix of the three main endings. Unlike the VN which left the fate of some characters unknown depending on the arc, the anime should do a more comprehensive ending. I hope it's Elen's path ending with some good stuffs that happened in the other paths as well (in other words a happy ending for everyone).

That is exactly what I am hoping for. Especially after having just finished watching "Road of the Cerulean Sky". It' began with Reiji and Elen and should end with them...but with only Scythe and the Zahlen Schwestern dying (Cal living, etc.)
Aug 22, 2009 5:13 PM

Apr 2008
woah ... good episode

The third phantom

Aug 22, 2009 5:48 PM

May 2008
Scythe is good at coming up with shitty names :/ Why does he even do that? It's retarded..I hope Reiji kills him soon. Or SOMEONE kills him. Please. Anyone will do. JUST MAKE HIM DIE ALREADY.

Aug 22, 2009 6:21 PM

Jun 2009
Racu said:
i thin this anime will have the game ending Cherry Blossom Avenue

If it ends with Cheery Blossom Avenue im gunna be like hell yea!
cuz eren doesnt have to die<3
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Aug 22, 2009 6:29 PM

Jun 2007
Well Drei did the Yokohama incident pretty much by herself.

Picture related to the next ep features:
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Aug 22, 2009 7:05 PM

Aug 2009
xelloss said:
Well Drei did the Yokohama incident pretty much by herself.

Picture related to the next ep features:

HEY! COOL ART!

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nayrael - Aug 13, 2009

272 by TankerNejla »»
Apr 29, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 24, 2009

628 by __FK__ »»
Apr 15, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 16, 2009

145 by defaulticus »»
Mar 23, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Phantom Requiem for the Phantom Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mikiyo - Apr 3, 2009

171 by defaulticus »»
Mar 17, 3:51 PM

» Phantom: Requiem for the phantom. Visual Novel endings.

Jimmy2233 - Sep 26, 2013

5 by ALCYON3US »»
Feb 9, 12:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.