Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 18, 2009 12:23 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really great episode!
I was so shocked when Faldio actually shot Alicia...
Aug 18, 2009 1:14 PM

Jul 2008
O.o
so squad 1 is dead with only Faldio and he shot Alicia?!?1

wow a Valk's power is quite destructive
Aug 18, 2009 1:33 PM

Aug 2008
Well...Faldio get the Asshole of the Year Award. I wanted to believe that he wasn't going to turn this way, but I was wrong. Not a bad episode.
Aug 18, 2009 2:26 PM

Apr 2009
Can't wait for next episode >_<
Was shocked that Faldio shot Alicia as well... but poor Faldio. ;_; Everyone except him in his squad dying...
Aug 18, 2009 2:45 PM

Aug 2008
I'm sure Faldio isn't a bad guy now (nor completely crazy), he just shot Alicia to prove that she's a Valkyria. She will heal fast, I suppose.
Aug 18, 2009 3:00 PM

May 2009
OMG!

Great episode. My mouth was wide open when Ramal and everyone died!
Aug 18, 2009 3:30 PM

Feb 2009
So.. Ramal dies, Faldio goes nuts and shoots Alicia, and then it ends for another week. I really can't wait till the next episode, I didn't expect this anime to be this good!
Aug 18, 2009 3:36 PM

May 2008
Why are there two discussions for this episode? :S

i actually liked this episode.

At the end of the episode I was like, "Do it Faggot, I DARE YOU."

*shoots*

He really did it. |:

Aug 18, 2009 4:18 PM

Nov 2008
Whoa~ They did well in demonstrating Selvaria's war potential in this episode. Also, Cordelia looks great without her ridiculous hat. It'd be nice if she was like that in the game. <3

Ramal... ToT
Aug 18, 2009 4:50 PM

Dec 2008
I was in complete shock about this episode. First Isara died in the other episode, then Ramal died in this episode and to end the episode, Faldio shot Alicia. D:
Aug 18, 2009 5:08 PM

Aug 2008
Wow talk about killing people off.
Aug 18, 2009 5:22 PM

Nov 2008
Prongs said:
I was in complete shock about this episode. First Isara died in the other episode, then Ramal died in this episode and to end the episode, Faldio shot Alicia. D:

Yeah, it's really turned dark and srs in the last few eps. Strange feeling since the first half of the show felt more about love triangles and fun stuff.
Aug 18, 2009 5:27 PM

Apr 2009
Very good episode I thought.
Aug 18, 2009 6:40 PM

Jun 2009
Ah, we always shoot the ones we love...

Anyways, I'm not so convinced Faldio did it to prove Alicia's true nature. Obviously that's what will transpire... but I suspect his true motivation was to avenge the death of his squad on another Valkyrur. A surrogate for Selvaria.

I mean just look at his eyes in the scene. I doubt there's much higher brain functioning beyond that despair.
Aug 18, 2009 9:17 PM

Jun 2008
I quite enjoyed this episode. Pretty dramatic, and excellent quality.

Sorry, but, Faldio getting all messed up: <3 I like when they get all roughed up.
And him shooting Alicia at the end, I couldn't help it, but I did laugh. I totally saw it coming, and the second he pulled out the gun, I freakin' knew he would actually do it.

My dislike for Selvaria remains. As a person who has yet to play the game, all she does is annoy me.

Man, I made horrible comments this time XD

Rule of Anime #18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
Aug 18, 2009 9:48 PM

Jun 2008
we all no there is no love triangle after this ep lol
Aug 18, 2009 10:10 PM

Apr 2008
OMG .... cant believe everyone died in just one episode o_o

Aug 18, 2009 10:52 PM

Apr 2009
WHAT IN THE WORLD JUST HAPPENED???!!!

just kidding.. i knew this was gonna happen even though i have not played the game yet.. but overall. this episode was great..

however, this anime seems to keep on showing us that squad 7 = victory.. no squad 7 in the frontline means getting screwed big time..
Aug 18, 2009 11:53 PM

Jul 2009
I can only think that Faldio try to awaken Valkyrur inside Alicia's, but since the beginning of this series i had always don't like Faldio, well he will paid for it though.

Salute for squad 1, you have done well for coming this far your sacrifice will not go in vain..
Aug 18, 2009 11:53 PM

Dec 2008
This is a lot darker than what was portrayed in the game.....I like it, I like it a lot. This episode made this show a whole lot more interesting.
Aug 19, 2009 2:47 AM

Oct 2008
lolz this is getting me more exciting and eager for more O_o
this episode was really great. lots of surprised all the 1 squad die >.< and Fladio shoot Alicia!! O_O i know that would happen after he get his brain impact with the conscience. i think he shoot Alicia for his own frighten (i didn't play the game so might say the wrong thing, but it just my opinion don't take it seriously)

the event that Isara die get me heart-stopping and it didn't vanish yet other wave of shock come. gosh this Anime was way too great than i thought *thumb up*
Aug 19, 2009 2:58 AM

Jan 2009
Awesome twist, one moment looks like took out commander then Selvaria comes along and f*cks it all up.
Aug 19, 2009 3:17 AM

Mar 2009
Good!
I regret it took so long for the guys to get to this. It was an excellent episode, it almost made my adrenaline rush lol...
Faldio sucks big time. He's the -insert word here- of the year indeed, as someone said up there...
I don't know what'll happen next hehe and that is good.

The entire Squad 1 killed... oh dear Valkyria that was a massacre!!

*stares @ Selvaria* wow... she rocks!!! She earned my respects lol

Looking forward to next episode...
Aug 19, 2009 4:04 AM

Jan 2009
General Damon is stupid, k who's with me?xD (He's good for nothing except comic relief and a sore forehead from all facepalms when he's on screen : D)
Anyways, pretty unexpected episode.. But it's good, and I guess that's what matters : p
Ramal melted O.O
And damn Selvaria is pretty awesome, except for her all to large chest. (And Maximillian for the win too, his personality perfectly fits his seiyuu : D)
Also, a really happy sight for Faldio to wake up to there O.O And I suppose he must feel pretty bad, because of what happened there, huh? But.. then.. Say Whay!? Oh well I guess I understand why he did that in the end there but still.. Say What?! O.O
OosranAug 19, 2009 4:18 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 19, 2009 4:17 AM

Jun 2009
Whoaahh..Great spoiler guys...

even though...not watch yet..but I love spoiler XD
Aug 19, 2009 6:33 AM

Jul 2009
Finally real action and war, worth waiting and satisfied, am i missing something or is that there is no plane in this series, well who cares when everything is all nice to watch.

And talking about Gundam in form of Sexy Big Boobs Woman, wipe off all tank and soldier with her beam o.O..it's a terror
Aug 19, 2009 7:11 AM

Jan 2009
IZUMI64 said:
Whoaahh..Great spoiler guys...

even though...not watch yet..but I love spoiler XD

Well that's why at least I don't the check thread before I watch the episode : p
But I guess it's cool if you like spoilers.. : p
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 19, 2009 8:24 AM

May 2009
That was a pretty great battle, then with Selvaria coming in and trashing everyone. Faldio shooting Alicia was a little suprising, cant see it as him trying to show she's a valkyria. I dont think he'd risk her dying if he really loved her.
Aug 19, 2009 8:27 AM

Jan 2009
Keykeyoh said:
Faldio shooting Alicia was a little suprising, cant see it as him trying to show she's a valkyria. I dont think he'd risk her dying if he really loved her.

Well, he was in shock, and the only thing he could get to connect in his tumbled head was that a valkyria killed off his whole squad, and he'd figured out that Alicia was a descendant of the valkyrur, and 1+1 makes him do it.
That's what I'm thinking anyway : p Edit: Wait.. just because she's a valkyria doesn't actually make it reasonable for him to shoot her..
Sec.. this one then.. It's basically the same.. Anyway, a valkyria wiped his squad, he's in a Huge shock, he doesn't see the person standing there as 'Alicia', instead, he sees a valkyria, and his shocked brain makes him think: "A valkyria! Shit gotta do something before she kills us all!" and shoots her...
Sounds reasonable to me : D
Aug 19, 2009 10:49 AM
Dec 2007
Oh and there goes the trainwreck. It was the dumbest episode I've watched lately. One girl annihilating a whole army with a fake-looking spear in the middle of the battlegrounds. Yes OK, I believe it. It was even more ridiculous than God Kira exterminating everything on the screen in Gundam SEED Destiny. And the ending scene cam eout of nowhere and is a simple unnecessary drama. The anime wasn't really good until this ep, but it has turned ridiculous and senseless now...

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 19, 2009 11:53 AM

Mar 2009
Jacut said:
Oh and there goes the trainwreck. It was the dumbest episode I've watched lately. One girl annihilating a whole army with a fake-looking spear in the middle of the battlegrounds. Yes OK, I believe it. It was even more ridiculous than God Kira exterminating everything on the screen in Gundam SEED Destiny. And the ending scene cam eout of nowhere and is a simple unnecessary drama. The anime wasn't really good until this ep, but it has turned ridiculous and senseless now...

Most of the anime series are unrealistic and they are supposed to be...
Aug 19, 2009 12:40 PM
Mar 2009
Holy shit.... She raped the entire Squad 1....... and more....
Fucking hell that swords deadly...

NOOOOOOO RAMAL'S DEAD??? Oh crap....
And faldio is the only one who survives going kinda crazy?
HE ACTUALLY SHOT ALICIA! OH SNAP.

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
Aug 19, 2009 12:42 PM

Jan 2009
kkmaster1337 said:

What'cha on about? What sword? O.O I remember a lance-like weapon, but not a sword?
Aug 19, 2009 1:32 PM
Mar 2008
KillerMan91 said:
Jacut said:

Most of the anime series are unrealistic and they are supposed to be...

Haha. Well said. I can't believe how amazingly persistent you are Jacut. To think you actually survived watching the series up to this point. The 2nd opening song should have already clued you in all about the power of the Valkyrians so I can't believe that Selvaria nuking an entire army isn't something you cannot predict.

Going on. This episode seems to be more interesting than the last few ones. Sure, it's sad that Ramal along with the rest of squad 1 is gone but let's face it without Isara, Ramal is no longer necessary. Indeed the death of squad 1 makes Faldio's actions more "believable" and justified.

Having never played the game, I can't say for certain what will happen from now. I can only hope that they continue with the momentum and inundate us with more Valkyria-jin kick ass moments, Welkin x Alicia drama, squad 7 comedy scenes and more detailed/strategically driven battles. Most battle scenes had been more tactical and spur of the moment so far. I hope to see something grander that would make this show end in a big bang. ^_^
Aug 19, 2009 2:21 PM

Jul 2009
I
Oosran said:
kkmaster1337 said:

What'cha on about? What sword? O.O I remember a lance-like weapon, but not a sword?
It's a SWORD that Selvaria is using ^^, and about the lance that
Aug 19, 2009 4:35 PM

Feb 2009
Great epd! Selvaria beasted everything.

Shocked Faldio pulled the trigger, I thought he would turn away.
Aug 19, 2009 5:08 PM

Oct 2008
Fate_T_Harlaown said:
Whoa~ They did well in demonstrating Selvaria's war potential in this episode. Also, Cordelia looks great without her ridiculous hat. It'd be nice if she was like that in the game. <3

Ramal... ToT

lol cordeillia's hat is ridiculous ain't it

Aug 19, 2009 9:36 PM

Feb 2009
Finally, some real action and a real battle that lasted more than 1 minute! It's sad to see Squad 1 completely annihilated but that's war. Better than seeing haxxor squad 7 pwning imperial noobs that can't shoot.

To those thinking Faldio is a complete asshole:

^ This is a spoiler so don't read it.

Anyway, good to see Selveria-sama destroying some puny gallian maggots. Now that Isara is dead, I don't care anymore about army men wearing weird blue pants.

Alicia on the other hand acted like an idiot. Faldio looses his entire Squad in a battle, she goes to him smiling, asking if he's alright. -_-; I don't remember her being so insensitive when furry-loving boy lost his sister.
AlexstratzAug 19, 2009 9:40 PM
Aug 20, 2009 12:54 AM

Jun 2008
I found it pretty boring, the action really sucked and it does not give a war like feel one bit, probably the first episode of the series I didn't enjoy. Hopefully the second part of Naggiar will be finished in the next episode.
Aug 20, 2009 1:12 AM

Jan 2009
Damned Selvaria annoys the hell out of me! In the end she's just a mindless killing machine/ cardboard character going "yes, maxmillian, as you command,yes boss, I live for you maxmillian... blah blah blah". Just grow a brain, you Valkyrian witch! I mean she has mad skillz and all but acts like a two-bit lackey.
And Those regular-army gallian grunts are equally dim-witted, tactical numbskulls, using crazy tank-rush tactics against an overwhelming force. Don't see how Gallia can still be standing with such a piss-poor army, in spite of the hero-unit squad 7.
Aug 20, 2009 2:17 AM

Aug 2009
Crazy as hell episode. Selvaria is too broken and looks like the trauma of losing his entire squad got to Faldio pretty well.
Aug 20, 2009 2:20 AM

Sep 2007
Another great episode, wasn't really expecting Alicia to be shot by Faldio, but it sure got interesting. =P
Can't wait for next week. [Although by the time I'm posting it should be 3/4 days or something =P]

Aug 20, 2009 3:48 AM

Nov 2007
O_O has the shock gone to him that much, to try and take out one of the hopes of combating the Valkyur (the princess aside)? Although she probably survives, but I do wonder where the story will go in 6 more episodes =O!
Aug 20, 2009 4:57 AM

Nov 2008
Alexstratz said:
Finally, some real action and a real battle that lasted more than 1 minute! It's sad to see Squad 1 completely annihilated but that's war. Better than seeing haxxor squad 7 pwning imperial noobs that can't shoot.

I totaly agree with you. Good episode in my opinion :) .
Aug 20, 2009 5:20 AM

May 2008
I can't believe the entire squad 1 was wiped out in an instant (and Ramal too). But it was predictable from the begining and so Faldio make it alive... and in the end, his action of shooting Alicia was quite reasonable also probable. Being a descendant of the Valkyur like who killed his friends and team...
Poor Faldio, I really liked him...
Aug 20, 2009 6:43 AM

Jul 2008
Faldio's PTSS is putting him totally out of touch with what is going on, but know I'm am dislking him. He is voiced by the same person who voices Kururgi Suzaku after all. And what a cliffhanger that we are left with. Selvaria was really commanding that power, it was awesome and uber-destructive.
yakyuu-addictAug 21, 2009 1:55 AM
Aug 20, 2009 8:25 AM

Aug 2008
shit, the power fo valkyria O_O

r.i.p ramal!
Aug 20, 2009 9:09 AM

Jun 2009
Wow, the last few episodes were so sad and intense... and the ending... O_O

Damn... T_T
Aug 21, 2009 1:14 AM

Jun 2008
HOLY SHIT!!!! i need the next episode now. I can't wait.

Am wondering why he shot her? Did he just lost his mind and shot her because she was a Valkyria, or did he did it because is necessary to awaken her powers or something like that.
It's probably the second since he thought of the Valkyria weapons they had and it would also explain why he was so reluctant on Alicia using her powers before the fight.
Aug 21, 2009 1:27 AM

May 2008
I think Faldio does not want Valkyrur to endanger the lives of others especially after experincing it first hand

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» is the story complete in anime form?

NaughtySempai - Feb 2

8 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 3, 3:29 AM

» Never got dubbed?

searingdark - Sep 15, 2023

3 by Levo »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:12 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Jul 4, 2009

76 by SSGHOKAGE »»
May 16, 2023 8:53 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

japanme32 - Apr 11, 2009

101 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

hazelnutman - Apr 4, 2009

156 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.