Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2009 9:54 PM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

not a bad episode, and gives us some background on arawn
Aug 17, 2009 11:26 PM

Apr 2009
I agree very interesting.This brings deeper meaning to the story line.
Aug 18, 2009 12:12 AM

Apr 2009
too bad the episode felt like only 5 mins though.. It suddenly ended at the point where i thought something will still happen.. this is what happens when there are a lot of conversations in an episode (similar to spice and wolf).. though the episode truly is good..
Aug 18, 2009 1:31 AM

Jun 2009
Nice Episode. I don't like Arawn's personality here. What time setting is this, Age of what?

Woah I can't wait to see the next episode "Battle mode"
ZinvyAug 18, 2009 2:06 AM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Aug 18, 2009 4:22 AM

Apr 2008
o_o flashbacks ?! somewhat interesting

Aug 18, 2009 4:45 AM
May 2008
Good episode but I don't like Arawn's/Lucifer's personality in the past... he seems more stubborn and simple minded.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Aug 18, 2009 4:47 AM

Aug 2009
i stopped watching it a while ago. From 1 to 7 it seemed to have the same repetative feel. I just got fed up.
Aug 18, 2009 5:43 AM

May 2009
Good episode. Nice to see some flashbacks of Arawn's past.
Aug 18, 2009 6:16 AM

Sep 2007
Shokzman : So... Why you say what in the episode 20 of the series ?XD
Good episode. :)
Aug 18, 2009 11:17 AM

Aug 2008
Yeah I don't really know when this is supposed to be. Ogam still looks old, but Pwyll isn't around, and I think that's what's her name. But since they don't even know what fire is I'd think this was before all of the ages they talked about before. Confusing.

But I guess after this episode it's kind of clear, or a definite possibility that Arawn was Lucifer and somehow split from him in some weird fashion?
Aug 18, 2009 12:09 PM

Mar 2009
Ogam is a dragon - they're ageless I guess .. Pwyll should come right after this .. girl is from his past with Pwyll, yeah .. Arawn = Lucifer
Aug 18, 2009 2:29 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
whoa, this is getting a bit more interesting than usual.

They should have gone through this mythological path way sooner and not waste the 10 first episodes on nothing.

And Arawn is Lucifer, I think that's pretty clear.....unless he split into two like noteDhero said....

noteDhero said:
Yeah I don't really know when this is supposed to be. Ogam still looks old, but Pwyll isn't around, and I think that's what's her name. But since they don't even know what fire is I'd think this was before all of the ages they talked about before. Confusing.

Pwyll is a legendary ELF and I believe like the dragons, the Age of Elves was before the Ice Age. So during the events of this episode, Pwyll is already there, probably allied with Ogam.
wakka9caAug 18, 2009 2:33 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 18, 2009 10:05 PM
Apr 2009
Good Episode, I loved seeing the past of Arawn/Lucifer, I agree this should of been apart of the beginning of the Series.
Aug 19, 2009 1:00 AM

Aug 2009
ShiroiRyu said:
Good episode. :)

I don't know :P
Aug 19, 2009 9:22 AM

May 2009
jeez...
did ALL of you miss the fact that this whole episode is what Taleisin is "seeing" from the recorded Lucifer??
The last episode ends when Lucifer is ready to show the "traveller" everything about the world. So this is the flashback from Arawn's past, from when he wasn't even a White Spirit. It shows the beginning of the human race and the truth about the plan of the 11 White Spirits.

I actually liked this episode. After such a long time, things are picking up. And I also liked the stubborn, naive character Arawn was till he 'opened his eyes'. Shows his character development. And what he had to go through to achieve his current personality.

Yeah. I really liked this episode. :)
But somehow.. I find the plot somewhat predictable.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Aug 22, 2009 8:34 AM

Mar 2009
Kundalini said:
jeez...
did ALL of you miss the fact that this whole episode is what Taleisin is "seeing" from the recorded Lucifer??
The last episode ends when Lucifer is ready to show the "traveller" everything about the world. So this is the flashback from Arawn's past, from when he wasn't even a White Spirit. It shows the beginning of the human race and the truth about the plan of the 11 White Spirits.

...so ?
Aug 22, 2009 10:06 AM

Jul 2009
wakka9ca said:
whoa, this is getting a bit more interesting than usual.

They should have gone through this mythological path way sooner and not waste the 10 first episodes on nothing.

And Arawn is Lucifer, I think that's pretty clear.....unless he split into two like noteDhero said....

noteDhero said:

Pwyll is a legendary ELF and I believe like the dragons, the Age of Elves was before the Ice Age. So during the events of this episode, Pwyll is already there, probably allied with Ogam.

This is before Arawn met Pwyll.
Also the story is set in the ice age, when the Bronze Age(Age of Elves) is ending(being obliterated by the White Spirits/Angels/Phantoms to be more specific).
Sep 4, 2009 2:06 AM
Jan 2009
Also it was foreshadowed since something like 14 episodes, during one of the beginning scenes on after reaching Avalon: the one where Riannon and Arawn where discussing about the miths of the past and Riannon talked how Myrdinn give the fire to the humanity.

By the way since "Morning Star" = Lucifer = Arawn => The legendary "protector" of the Gael tribe has always been Arawn.

Still wasting 10+ episodes on fillers and brutally shortening the good parts wasn't a great idea from the direction.
Sep 4, 2009 8:50 AM
Dec 2007
Great, it now becomes quite clear what the timeline and background of TtT is. I would have prefered a second flashbak episode instead of a return to the normal storyline for the 21st, but well, nevermind.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 4, 2009 2:38 PM

Jun 2008
So Myrdinn is playing the role of Prometheus in Tears of Tiara. This show is a mix of every myth and story. From Romans to the English legends of Arthur,dragons and magic and now Greek mythology. Also the number 12. Did you notice that is the same as the Gods of Olympus?

I liked the episode and it went by fast. When i saw Ogam still being an old man i really had a WTF face. How old is that guy?

ShiroiRyu said:

You meant "that" i suppose. Well the answer is simple. Because his an idiot. The world is full of them.
MonadSep 4, 2009 11:46 PM
Sep 4, 2009 11:05 PM

Jan 2009
I liked, the father of Arawn was a great man. I considered an interesting story, Arawn personality changed radically :O
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2009 12:58 AM

Jul 2008
so background on arawn, or lucifer, and who his father was- the savior of the human race
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Nov 20, 2009 9:19 PM

Oct 2008

White Spirits.. The will of God...

I see where this is going.. I like it!

Aug 9, 2010 6:17 AM

Sep 2008
I always liked the bald Myrdinn from the pc version... he just looked more refined then another old man.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2011 8:51 PM

Aug 2010
how can you have chains, clothes and not have fire??? Well maybe the great white 12 just gave them the stuff !
Feb 7, 2012 9:11 PM

Jul 2010
koteg-senpai said:
Kundalini said:
jeez...

...so ?

o damn, i actually forgot about that. even though we alrady know this is arawn's past, i totally forgot about what happened last episode

well anyway, this was actually an enjoyable episode

Jan 31, 2014 10:15 PM

Jul 2008
KillthisAccount said:
Good episode but I don't like Arawn's/Lucifer's personality in the past... he seems more stubborn and simple minded.

You mean just like almost every other person in the show?
Sep 30, 2014 8:46 PM

Jan 2011
One of the reasons that Arawn/Lucifer can sympathize with and teach Arthur is that he knows we all make mistakes in our youth, albeit his may have lasted several millennia. I think this had a little more impact in the game, or maybe it's just because I'm seeing it a second time, but still the story of how the humans huddle together against the cold with their children placed in the centre of the heap was pretty affecting (evoking some echoes of the Holocaust). As to the chains and clothes, in the game the humans had animal skins on, not cloth (which makes more sense) and the chains had been placed on them by the angels to hold them in the prison.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 15, 2017 4:56 PM

Oct 2012
This was actually a lot better done in the game. It lack some depth and even an impact in the anime. And I honestly wonder if they even show what happened to the humanity (and the girl) after that as it was one of the key moments of the story.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

japanme32 - Apr 13, 2009

81 by wildhood »»
Mar 2, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 25 Discussion

daniking79 - Sep 21, 2009

31 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 7, 2023 1:02 PM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 5 Discussion

MrTerrorist - May 3, 2009

41 by yveltalkyogre »»
May 7, 2023 11:06 AM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Evilincarnate - Sep 27, 2009

67 by Inexplicable »»
Sep 25, 2022 12:37 PM

Poll: » Tears to Tiara Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrTerrorist - Jul 14, 2009

55 by Sugram22 »»
May 7, 2021 6:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.