Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »
Jan 22, 2016 11:17 PM

Sep 2015
Tendon_Unajuu said:
Apologies to my fellow anime watchers and challenge participants (you must be tired of being asked the same question), but I too need your help --> I need an anime recommendation. Please guide me :) (by the way, I think I prefer one cour shows)

Wait... You have more than 200 days but still haven't watched Death Note yet?

That would be my recommendation but since you're not looking for more than one cours: Bartender if you like sort of deep animes; Date a Live if you don't mind ecchis...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2016 11:41 PM

Apr 2015
Good morning, afternoon, evening to everyone.
There are a few things I'm looking to clarify.

Watch an anime three-cours in length: I wanted to do Clannad and Clannad Afterstory together for this but it looks like it's not allowed. Is this correct?

Watch an anime that has been adapted to live action: Must I watch the live action adaptation or watch something which has been adapted?

Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant: I'm open to a fairly broad spectrum, I think.

Lastly, if any of you have recommendations for anything on My Challenge List that has not been filled in, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Jan 22, 2016 11:51 PM

Oct 2014
Thnx4dafood said:
So watch and anime with a non-human MC....Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou has like 5 non-human mc, but one human.... it doesn't say all so I'm guessing that's ok..
It says "with a non-human main character". As long as they aren't human and they are listed as a main character for the anime on MAL then it will count. I'm using Happy Happy Clover for the challenge and it has only animal characters, but anime like Tamako Market and Nanatsu no Taizai which simply contain talking animals in the main cast will also count. One of the problems with the wording is that anime like Haruhi Suzumiya and Plastic Memories can count even though all of the characters look human. Historically nekomimis and robots are generally accepted as "non-human characters", although many users will add into their personal rules that they will avoid anime like that for the challenge. As much as Edward would hate me for saying this but I think even Fullmetal Alchemist would work because Alphonse is not actually a human but is rather a human soul which inhabits a suit of armor. Sword Art Online may even count as the main characters are really just ones and zeros in a database. I think Monster Musume would work. I would like to hear from @SheyCroix about where the line should be drawn. As silly as including Zero no Tsukaima for having a mage as a main character or Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san for having a nekomimi and an inumimi as the main characters, counting Death Note for having a shinigami and Show By Rock for having animal-based main characters seems somewhat reasonable.
Jan 22, 2016 11:52 PM

Sep 2014
1. Yes it's not allowed.

2. You have to watch an anime that has been adapted, not the adaption.

3. The Tatami Galaxy
Jan 22, 2016 11:59 PM

Oct 2011
OhMyGecko said:

Watch an anime three-cours in length: I wanted to do Clannad and Clannad Afterstory together for this but it looks like it's not allowed. Is this correct?

Watch an anime that has been adapted to live action: Must I watch the live action adaptation or watch something which has been adapted?

Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant: I'm open to a fairly broad spectrum, I think.

Lastly, if any of you have recommendations for anything on My Challenge List that has not been filled in, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

1. No, I do not think you can watch 2 cour + 2 cours shows to count them as 3 cours (that's actually 4 cours...). I think it's best you just watch one show with around 39 episodes.

2. Nope, do not watch the live action. Just watch the anime that has a live action adaptation (e.g. watch Death Note anime, but do not watch Death Note movie or anything with a live human being in it)

3. My recommendations would be Shoujo Kakumei Utena (39 eps), Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei (11 eps), or Seto no Hanayome (26 eps)

Hope this helps
Jan 23, 2016 12:13 AM

Oct 2014
Tendon_Unajuu said:
OhMyGecko said:

Thanks in advance.

1. No, I do not think you can watch 2 cour + 2 cours shows to count them as 3 cours (that's actually 4 cours...). I think it's best you just watch one show with around 39 episodes.

2. Nope, do not watch the live action. Just watch the anime that has a live action adaptation (e.g. watch Death Note anime, but do not watch Death Note movie or anything with a live human being in it)

3. My recommendations would be Shoujo Kakumei Utena (39 eps), Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei (11 eps), or Seto no Hanayome (26 eps)

Hope this helps
For the first answer you are correct but for the wrong reason. If Clannad and Afterstory were in the same entry they would count towards the challenge. I'm watching a four cour anime for it, but it was aired as a single four cour anime rather than being split up so it counts. Four cour anime tend to be more common than three cour anime and there's no reason to limit yourself to the minimum length. Oddly enough, because of the wording of the challenge even some two cour anime like Chi's Sweet Home and Shi Xiong can as three+ cour anime because of their episode counts.
Jan 23, 2016 12:17 AM

Apr 2015
Miragee said:
1. Yes it's not allowed...

Tendon_Unajuu said:
1. No, I do not think you can watch 2 cour + 2 cours shows to count them as 3 cours (that's actually 4 cours...). I think it's best you just watch one show with around 39 episodes...

Thank you very much.
Took Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei (The Tatami Galaxy) since you both recommended it.
Shoujo Kakumei Utena is 3 cours long and incidentally I had just read about it yesterday and it sounded good.
Jan 23, 2016 1:07 AM

Mar 2010
If I watched half of an anime before and after my sign up, it still counts as completing a challenge, right?
Jan 23, 2016 1:37 AM

Mar 2013
If you started it before January 1st, you can't use it. If you started it after, you can
Jan 23, 2016 2:04 AM

May 2008
I'm looking for ideas for the 3-cour anime. Can I get a few recommendations, please? If possible try to keep it a 3-cour, but i don't mind watching a 4-cour if the anime is really good. Thanks.
Jan 23, 2016 2:40 AM

Mar 2013
Super Dimensional Fortress Macross

You watched the prequel so might as well watch the original series.
Jan 23, 2016 3:07 AM

May 2008
AudioTsunami said:
Super Dimensional Fortress Macross

You watched the prequel so might as well watch the original series.

I was going to watch the movie for the 80's anime challenge, so it overlaps with this one. I have to admit that the original series kinda interest me, so I would not mind watching it as long as I find another 80's anime that is short and has seeds in nyaa. ¿Any idea for that?

Of course, more recommendations for the 3-cour anime are also welcome.
Jan 23, 2016 3:11 AM

Mar 2013
You can do Gunbuster or Wings of Honneamise for 80s.
Jan 23, 2016 3:31 AM

May 2008
AudioTsunami said:
You can do Gunbuster or Wings of Honneamise for 80s.

Nice. I will watch 'Wings of Honneamise' for the 80s and 'Super Dimensional Fortress Macross' for the 3 cour anime. Thank you very much.
Jan 23, 2016 5:39 AM
Jul 2014
My list of animes to watch is almost complete I only miss the recommendation from an another participant.
So if anyone knows a anime preferibly with 12 episodes and with the genre(s) Romance or comedie or both it would be great.
Jan 23, 2016 5:50 AM

Mar 2010
sassss said:
My list of animes to watch is almost complete I only miss the recommendation from an another participant.
So if anyone knows a anime preferibly with 12 episodes and with the genre(s) Romance or comedie or both it would be great.
Yahari is both of those things with a 12 episode count.
Jan 23, 2016 5:58 AM
Jul 2014
TonyTheme said:
sassss said:
Yahari is both of those things with a 12 episode count.

Thank you ^_^ it looks great I will at it to my list
Jan 23, 2016 6:15 AM

Oct 2011
I've taking some recommendations, but I guess I want to look at more options before I decide. So can anyone make more recommendations? One cour shows would be nice if possible. Thanks a lot~
Jan 23, 2016 6:21 AM

Aug 2015
TonyTheme said:
If I watched half of an anime before and after my sign up, it still counts as completing a challenge, right?

As long as you started watching it this year that's fine; if you started watching on Dec 31 (or earlier) it does Not count.
Jan 23, 2016 6:26 AM
Anime Moderator
Aug 2011
Hi everyone,

Can someone recommend me an anime for this:
"Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant"
Jan 23, 2016 6:32 AM

Mar 2013
Barakamon
Bakuman
Angel Beats are all on your PTW
Jan 23, 2016 6:36 AM
Anime Moderator
Aug 2011
AudioTsunami said:
Barakamon
Bakuman
Angel Beats are all on your PTW

Thanks! I think I'll go with Bakuman.
Jan 23, 2016 6:40 AM

Mar 2010
Tendon_Unajuu said:
I've taking some recommendations, but I guess I want to look at more options before I decide. So can anyone make more recommendations? One cour shows would be nice if possible. Thanks a lot~
Kaiba and Serial Experiments Lain are done by the same directors of some of your favorites, so I figure you might like them. There's also Paranoia Agent.

goncix3000 said:
Hi everyone,

Can someone recommend me an anime for this:
"Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant"
Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor

Puchkov said:
As long as you started watching it this year that's fine; if you started watching on Dec 31 (or earlier) it does Not count.
All right, thanks. Same to @AudioTsunami
Jan 23, 2016 6:47 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
zombie_pegasus said:
One of the problems with the wording is that anime like Haruhi Suzumiya and Plastic Memories can count even though all of the characters look human. Historically nekomimis and robots are generally accepted as "non-human characters", although many users will add into their personal rules that they will avoid anime like that for the challenge. As much as Edward would hate me for saying this but I think even Fullmetal Alchemist would work because Alphonse is not actually a human but is rather a human soul which inhabits a suit of armor. Sword Art Online may even count as the main characters are really just ones and zeros in a database. I think Monster Musume would work. I would like to hear from @SheyCroix about where the line should be drawn. As silly as including Zero no Tsukaima for having a mage as a main character or Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san for having a nekomimi and an inumimi as the main characters, counting Death Note for having a shinigami and Show By Rock for having animal-based main characters seems somewhat reasonable.

Regarding this "Watch an anime with a non-human main character".....
We are talking about the "race", not their job, class, and stuff like that. I start with this since, following your examples, Zero no Tsukaima wouldn't count. Even if they are mages, I think most of them are HUMAN mages (not elfs, trolls, and the like). Likewise Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san won't count since it's their personality that's animal-like, those girls are still human... as for Show by Rock, yes, one of the main girls is human but the rest aren't so that one is okay.

(edit: Zero no Tsukaima can be used since the sword is a MC...)

So for this specific challenge it would be nice for everyone to keep in mind that it should have at least ONE non-human. Non-human can be everything, it won't matter their appearance (like in Plastic Memories) but it would be better (for me) that such an information can be found easily on the web (the anime wiki, character entry and so on).
The only I'm having trouble if it should be considered is the cyborgs/mod humans. Since most of them were human first, modified later.... so any opinion of this is welcomed.

Remember that there are many anime out there with non-human characters. Just to mention some from last season there is Noragami Aragoto, Dance with Devils, Pokemon XY&Z, Shinmai Maou no Testament Burst, Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai, Concrete Revolutio: Choujin Gensou, Hacka Doll The Animation, Miss Monochrome: The Animation 3, Diabolik Lovers More,Blood, Kamisama Minarai: Himitsu no Cocotama, Itoshi no Muco, Comet Lucifer, Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan, Brave Beats, and Peeping Life TV: Season 1??....

Hope this was clear enough for everyone.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 23, 2016 6:51 AM

May 2008
Tendon_Unajuu said:

Kinda hard finding decent 1-cour shows for you since you have already watched most of them
Try some of these:
Asatte no Houkou
Yomigaeru Sora: Rescue Wings
Rec

Also, if you dont mind something a little longer, these 2-cour shows are much better:
School Rumble
Beck
Bokurano
Jan 23, 2016 8:51 AM

Mar 2013
can someone recommend me an anime with the following criteria:

- not more than 2-cours
- with Comedy tag on it
- NOT slice-of-life
- NOT segmented

Jan 23, 2016 9:11 AM

Oct 2013
raviel_ken said:

- not more than 2-cours
- with Comedy tag on it
- NOT slice-of-life
- NOT segmented

But I don't understand what you mean by not segmented... no short-episodes stories ? no arcs ?

Well, I need help to these two :
» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant
» Watch an anime that has been adapted to live action
Jan 23, 2016 9:25 AM

Mar 2013
raviel_ken said:

- not more than 2-cours
- with Comedy tag on it
- NOT slice-of-life
- NOT segmented

Dennou Coil
Big Wind Up

Titadou said:

» Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

1.Uchouten Kazoku
2.Bartender
Jan 23, 2016 9:29 AM

Oct 2013
Titadou said:

AudioTsunami said:
1.Uchouten Kazoku
2.Bartender

Okay, thanks!
Already try Bartender but drop it because it was... too boring ?... :D but seriously, there a LIVE about this ?!
Jan 23, 2016 10:02 AM

Mar 2013
Titadou said:
But I don't understand what you mean by not segmented... no short-episodes stories ? no arcs ?
segmented means that an episode is divided into smaller parts or to put simply, mini episodes. so yeah, short episodes. Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou is an example.
AudioTsunami said:

Dennou Coil
Big Wind Up!

I'll try Dennou.
Not a fan of baseball since i don't know the rules...

anyway, thanks!
raviel_kenJan 23, 2016 10:10 AM

Jan 23, 2016 12:37 PM

Mar 2013
raviel_ken said:
Titadou said:
segmented means that an episode is divided into smaller parts or to put simply, mini episodes. so yeah, short episodes. Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou is an example.
AudioTsunami said:

Dennou Coil
Big Wind Up!

I'll try Dennou.
Not a fan of baseball since i don't know the rules...

anyway, thanks!

The beauty of big windup is that there is a TON of exposition about strategy and rules so even if you don't know anything about baseball, you understand what is happening.
Jan 23, 2016 12:52 PM

Dec 2015
I would like anyone to recommend a short anime and an original anime. Thanks.
Jan 23, 2016 12:55 PM

Nov 2015
TheRedRipper said:
I would like anyone to recommend a short anime and an original anime. Thanks.

I can't understand what my husband is saying or yama no susume first season for a short anime.

Higashi no Eden or Angel Beats! for an original
Jan 23, 2016 5:40 PM

Aug 2008
Does Non Non Biyori count for a main cast of all children?
Jan 23, 2016 6:02 PM

Jul 2013
jstn18 said:
Does Non Non Biyori count for a main cast of all children?

Two of the characters are in middle school, one is even in second year, so that would make them teenagers. I'm almost positive that it doesn't count because of that.
Jan 23, 2016 6:49 PM
womp womp

Nov 2012
I want to add the restriction of watching anime I have dropped, but from the rules here, it seems that isn't possible. Should I just scrap that idea and just use anime from my plan-to-watch list and airing anime from this year? And, what about a series like One Piece?
Jan 23, 2016 6:58 PM

Jul 2013
henriiez said:
I want to add the restriction of watching anime I have dropped, but from the rules here, it seems that isn't possible. Should I just scrap that idea and just use anime from my plan-to-watch list and airing anime from this year? And, what about a series like One Piece?

The animes don't need to be in your PTW list, neither have to be aired in this year only (There are challenges that requiere to watch from other years).

If you started watching animes and dropped them (or put them on-hold), and were from other year (like, you started watching it in october 2015) and then want to finish it for this challenge, you can't, because you must watch it entirely this year.
I think you can use those animes if you watch them from the start again. It would be hard to "prove" you watched them from the start, but then again, this challenge is more for fun, for trying different things you normally wouldn't watch, and a big ammount of trust is involved. If you watch them from the start, you should be able to use them, I think.

And about One Piece and the likes of it, I don't think OP will finish this year, but if it does, I don't know, it would be hard to say, but maybe it doesn't count if you started watching it before 2016, or maybe it counts since it's really long. If the time comes, maybe you should ask again, and there *could* be an exception.
Jan 23, 2016 7:06 PM

Mar 2015
Hey guys!! Can you help me out with these challenges?

Watch an anime which began airing between 1917 and 1940
Watch an anime which began airing between 1941 and 1960
Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

I would really apprentice the help. ^.^
Jan 23, 2016 7:17 PM
womp womp

Nov 2012
linkhimura said:
henriiez said:

The animes don't need to be in your PTW list, neither have to be aired in this year only (There are challenges that requiere to watch from other years).

If you started watching animes and dropped them (or put them on-hold), and were from other year (like, you started watching it in october 2015) and then want to finish it for this challenge, you can't, because you must watch it entirely this year.
I think you can use those animes if you watch them from the start again. It would be hard to "prove" you watched them from the start, but then again, this challenge is more for fun, for trying different things you normally wouldn't watch, and a big ammount of trust is involved. If you watch them from the start, you should be able to use them, I think.

And about One Piece and the likes of it, I don't think OP will finish this year, but if it does, I don't know, it would be hard to say, but maybe it doesn't count if you started watching it before 2016, or maybe it counts since it's really long. If the time comes, maybe you should ask again, and there *could* be an exception.

Thanks, for the dropped anime, I've mostly seen about 1-4 episodes, so that I don't mind doing but series like Gintama and Fairy Tail which I've invested a lot of time into watching 160 and 134 episodes respectively, I won't be able to use which is a little sad.

I think One Piece is going to end closer to the year 2020 if anything. It still has a lot in it, and it seems like anime that goes on for that long is fine since I've been following it for a little over 4 years.
Jan 23, 2016 7:42 PM

Jul 2013
HanyuuRika said:

Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

Druaga no tou, I think you would like it. Also you could try Nabari no ou, or Gin no Saji.

henriiez said:

Thanks, for the dropped anime, I've mostly seen about 1-4 episodes, so that I don't mind doing but series like Gintama and Fairy Tail which I've invested a lot of time into watching 160 and 134 episodes respectively, I won't be able to use which is a little sad.

I think One Piece is going to end closer to the year 2020 if anything. It still has a lot in it, and it seems like anime that goes on for that long is fine since I've been following it for a little over 4 years.

Maybe you could use one of those for the bonus challenge, "Finish an on-hold or dropped anime." It's not necessary to do them, but at least you would not be "wasting" those animes.
Jan 23, 2016 8:06 PM

Mar 2015
linkhimura said:
Druaga no tou, I think you would like it. Also you could try Nabari no ou, or Gin no Saji.

Thank you!! This has actually been on my PTW list for awhile now.
Jan 23, 2016 8:15 PM

Oct 2014
I completed the easy challenge in one go today. Should I post my sign up and turn in forms and continue with my actual challenge? I used my original form to determine which users were above and below me so it wouldn't be completely accurate right now.
Jan 23, 2016 8:18 PM

Jul 2015
I couldn't decide between two I want to rewatch for the » Re-watch an anime challenge, so am I allowed to watch one for that challenge and rewatch the other for another challenge?
Jan 23, 2016 9:04 PM

Oct 2011
I'm not sure if this was dealt before, but can we count the MCs for "Boku dake ga Inai Machi" as children? Well Fujinuma is an adult inside, but he technically is a child, body-wise.
Jan 23, 2016 10:55 PM

Oct 2014
I decided to go ahead and "complete" the challenge. I find it hard to feel proud of completing it in this way (all the anime I used added up to 76 minutes) so I'll continue to do my real challenge. For whatever reason I had the childish desire to have my name near the top of list for people who have completed it.
Jan 24, 2016 12:52 AM

May 2015
Can I have a recommendation please, based on my list, and nothing too long. Thanks in advance!
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jan 24, 2016 1:12 AM

Mar 2015
Does anyone have any suggestions for this challenge?
Watch an anime with children as the main cast
Jan 24, 2016 2:34 AM

May 2008
Eve778 said:
Can I have a recommendation please, based on my list, and nothing too long. Thanks in advance!

Baccano is short and really good. I think you will like it.

HanyuuRika said:
Does anyone have any suggestions for this challenge?
Watch an anime with children as the main cast

Naisho no Tsubomi. Main characters are 10-11 years old kids and its only 3 episodes long.
SetzerJan 24, 2016 2:37 AM
Jan 24, 2016 5:36 AM

Aug 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
I decided to go ahead and "complete" the challenge. I find it hard to feel proud of completing it in this way (all the anime I used added up to 76 minutes) so I'll continue to do my real challenge. For whatever reason I had the childish desire to have my name near the top of list for people who have completed it.

It's more challenging using TV series and stuff; but remember, we're all doing this for fun, so don't take it too seriously XD.
Jan 24, 2016 6:49 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
zombie_pegasus said:

lol you could continue doing it or now you can just sign up again and do it once more saw the other one

Tendon_Unajuu said:
I'm not sure if this was dealt before, but can we count the MCs for "Boku dake ga Inai Machi" as children? Well Fujinuma is an adult inside, but he technically is a child, body-wise.

but we don't know if at the end he will appear as adult again... so I can't really say at this point if it's acceptable.
SheyCroixJan 24, 2016 6:53 AM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Do you like seeing girls getting beaten in battle shouen training arcs?

Catalano - 2 hours ago

4 by Animeinsight101 »»
7 seconds ago

» What is the greatest disguise ever?

SgtBateMan - 6 hours ago

10 by Jonas-K »»
2 minutes ago

» Old OVAs

JoeChip - 1 hour ago

4 by Animeinsight101 »»
2 minutes ago

» Who is your first and second favorite Jujutsu Kaisen character and why?

Inner_Dragon - 2 hours ago

8 by Ezeeql »»
3 minutes ago

» Why do you dislike historical anime? ( 1 2 )

perseii - Jun 8

55 by Animeinsight101 »»
3 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.