Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 9, 2013 3:21 PM

Jan 2008
AnimageNeby said:
So by all means, if some people are only interested in superficial things, so be it. But don't start calling it anything else than that, let alone 'mature'.

I was not talking about the show. I was talking about people, as in a mature person that does not enjoy this would just leave, since it would be a waste of time and effort to just bitch about it, since they wouldn't be able to change it anyway.
Nov 9, 2013 3:43 PM
Feb 2013
DmonHiro said:
AnimageNeby said:
So by all means, if some people are only interested in superficial things, so be it. But don't start calling it anything else than that, let alone 'mature'.

I was not talking about the show. I was talking about people, as in a mature person that does not enjoy this would just leave, since it would be a waste of time and effort to just bitch about it, since they wouldn't be able to change it anyway.

That would depend on the premisses used. Being critical of a series is not the same as not finding any redeeming qualities in it, for instance. And criticising it where that criticism is warranted, is not bitching neither. And lastly, being able to change something about it is not the point (at least, not inherently) of having a discussion about something. Otherwise, reviews and criticism about any plays, films, music, performances, games, etc. should all cease, since they're already made or performed. Clearly, critical articles and reviews are continued to be made. Which indicates it has nothing to do with wanting to change what has been criticised.

If anything, an immature person is someone wanting another person who is critical to leave, because one can't handle the criticism very well. Imho.
AnimageNebyNov 9, 2013 3:54 PM
Nov 9, 2013 4:20 PM

Apr 2011
You're a little bitch and you're being a little bitch. So STFU and let people enjoy it for the reasons they want instead of calling them shallow and pretending you're so superior to others.
Nov 9, 2013 11:40 PM
Feb 2013
Blind_Guardian said:
You're a little bitch and you're being a little bitch. So STFU and let people enjoy it for the reasons they want instead of calling them shallow and pretending you're so superior to others.

I disagree. :-) Besides, as I've said multiple times now, I have no qualms with people enjoying themselves with purely ship-to-ship action, but I remain of the opinion that, if that is all there is to it, the world&story building is superficial.

Whether being interested in a more intricate, coherent story and world-building rather than shallow entertainment makes one superior, I leave up to the reader. Personally, I would say that it's better to have a more complete understanding of a world, then to just cater for the superficial entertainment, but it could be you're of another opinion.

But by all means: enjoy the anime as you see fit. It doesn't mean what I said is logically invalid, however.
AnimageNebyNov 10, 2013 1:31 PM
Nov 10, 2013 4:05 AM

Mar 2012
This is suppose to be a discussion about the episode and instead it is becoming full of talk about how things are criticized could you pls take this discussion someplace else
Nov 10, 2013 4:17 AM
Feb 2013
-ShadowClaw- said:
This is suppose to be a discussion about the episode and instead it is becoming full of talk about how things are criticized could you pls take this discussion someplace else

Agreed; it was originally started with the observation that the episode cut back on many things, and introduced some inconsistencies, as well as a diminished believability of the portrayed world (aka: a lesser intricate, and more superficial worldbuilding). This was somehow disputed by some, and then the discussion went his own way, but, indeed, have little bearings anymore to the initial observation.

I think it's best to leave this particular discussion as it is, since I think the case has been logically and conclusively settled, and it's now going off-topic. I support your suggestion that if anyone wants to discuss this any further, he should do so elsewhere.
AnimageNebyNov 10, 2013 4:21 AM
Nov 10, 2013 7:15 AM

Mar 2012
Alright look i am going to say few opinions regarding this anime as well as to try to resolve this argument that's been going on lately.

First of All not only i am watching this series i am also reading the Manga up to the current translated chapter and since i seeing both i can say that both of the series are good in each in their own respective way

While The Manga has a lot more material and a lot more detailed, the anime series is also good in another.

The Main problem i am seeing is that for one the anime series has not finished airing yet and even tough it already has some plot deviations from the Manga series you cant really say ho much the story will go until it actually finishes, you have to see at least where the plot is going first.

Let me point out a few things that are so far present in both in the Manga and the Anime and that which is present within the Manga only, those present with in the Anime only as well as those i think will be at least granted to see in the anime

Im putting spoiler tags for those who have not read the manga

Nov 10, 2013 8:17 AM
Feb 2013
-ShadowClaw- said:
Alright look i am going to say few opinions regarding this anime as well as to try to resolve this argument that's been going on lately.

First of All not only i am watching this series i am also reading the Manga up to the current translated chapter and since i seeing both i can say that both of the series are good in each in their own respective way

While The Manga has a lot more material and a lot more detailed, the anime series is also good in another.

The Main problem i am seeing is that for one the anime series has not finished airing yet and even tough it already has some plot deviations from the Manga series you cant really say ho much the story will go until it actually finishes, you have to see at least where the plot is going first.

Let me point out a few things that are so far present in both in the Manga and the Anime and that which is present within the Manga only, those present with in the Anime only as well as those i think will be at least granted to see in the anime

I never said the anime didn't have any redeeming qualities. If you'll note, in former posts I even indicated some scenes where they improved. However, it is also true their worldbuilding has suffered - and mind you, this is already true when relative minor details are missing, which aren't pivotal (yet), but nervertheless introduce some inconsistencies that aren't there in the manga. For more detail see my earlier post http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=685565&show=40#msg26193655. The whole change of the household of the girl and how they portrayed it in the anime may not be detrimental in proceeding with the main plot, but 'locally' it already produces some inconsistencies for the attentive viewer. As a whole, it makes less sense (in-story), and thus, the believability of the created 'universe' also lessens.

Also, as you point out, there are some really big changes too, and whole side-stories they've dropped. Even if they were to be introduced in following episodes, the introduction can not take place anymore as it was meant to be since...well, it has already passed. This is not to say what they replaced it with was bad; actually, I thought the submarine vs battleship fight was pretty well done. But that doesn't change the fact they omitted some rather large portions of side-stories and side-characters. This flesh(ed) out the world even further in the manga, and it showed it is NOT only about the sub and its crew.

AnimageNebyNov 10, 2013 8:49 AM
Nov 10, 2013 9:11 AM

Mar 2012
AnimageNeby said:
-ShadowClaw- said:

I never said the anime didn't have any redeeming qualities. If you'll note, in former posts I even indicated some scenes where they improved. However, it is also true their worldbuilding has suffered - and mind you, this is already true when relative minor details are missing, which aren't pivotal (yet), but nervertheless introduce some inconsistencies that aren't there in the manga. For more detail see my earlier post http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=685565&show=40#msg26193655. The whole change of the household of the girl and how they portrayed it in the anime may not be detrimental in proceeding with the main plot, but 'locally' it already produces some inconsistencies for the attentive viewer. As a whole, it makes less sense (in-story), and thus, the believability of the created 'universe' also lessens.

Also, as you point out, there are some really big changes too, and whole side-stories they've dropped. Even if they were to be introduced in following episodes, the introduction can not take place anymore as it was meant to be since...well, it has already passed. This is not to say what they replaced it with was bad; actually, I thought the submarine vs battleship fight was pretty well done. But that doesn't change the fact they omitted some rather large portions of side-stories and side-characters. This flesh(ed) out the world even further in the manga, and it showed it is NOT only about the sub and its crew.

I can totally understand from your perspective and it does make a lot of since, but i think this series was actually made for 2 things primarily and this is true for most anime based on material is to help promote the manga to gain more popularity and so it would boost the manga sales and

2 also as an expirmintation to see how people would react on seeing a fully cgi anime series but if the series is populer enough it might grant it another season which might fix certain stuff but as you said it would not be quiet the same as the original manga storyline or better yet they would see the initial results wait for more material to surface and could possibly re do it following the actual main storyline.

I didn't mean and disrespect on the contrary i find your opinions insitefull im just trying to highligh t some of the positive because people tend to focus more on the negative when it comes to this sort of stuff

And regarding of the former mentioned reasons it did it's job.

once the manga begins its serializations in English translations in America next summer i will start to collect it and i am proud to say it will be my first manga series so even if they wont make a proper adaption or more anime which i hope i am wrong at the very least the one thing that came out good from this anime is that it helped me to be introduced to this series, so they did there job when it comes to promote the manga.

Also once this gets licensed for American release dubbed or not i will get the anime for my collection. it is worth having :)
Nov 10, 2013 9:18 AM

Apr 2008
-ShadowClaw- said:
AnimageNeby said:
-ShadowClaw- said:

I can totally understand from your perspective and it does make a lot of since, but i think this series was actually made for 2 things primarily and this is true for most anime based on material is to help promote the manga to gain more popularity and so it would boost the manga sales and

2 also as an expirmintation to see how people would react on seeing a fully cgi anime series but if the series is populer enough it might grant it another season which might fix certain stuff but as you said it would not be quiet the same as the original manga storyline or better yet they would see the initial results wait for more material to surface and could possibly re do it following the actual main storyline.

I didn't mean and disrespect on the contrary i find your opinions insitefull im just trying to highligh t some of the positive because people tend to focus more on the negative when it comes to this sort of stuff

once the manga begins its serializations in English translations in America next summer i will start to collect it and i am proud to say it will be my first manga series so even if they wont make a proper adaption or more anime which i hope i am wrong at the very least the one thing that came out good from this anime is that it helped me to be introduced to this series, so they did there job when it comes to promote the manga.

Also once this gets licensed for American release dubbed or not i will get the anime for my collection. it is worth having :)

Adaptations affording to cut corners because they are merely for the sake of spreading the word. Gee someone should have told that to the Attack on Titan people. They could have gotten so much further. Oh wait. They followed the source. And it saw an explosion in popularity above anything else they might have anticipated. If you honestly believe that Arpeggio's burst in popularity now would have been the same if they followed the manga to the letter you are sorely mistaken
Nov 10, 2013 9:22 AM

Mar 2012
Adaptations affording to cut corners because they are merely for the sake of spreading the word. Gee someone should have told that to the Attack on Titan people. They could have gotten so much further. Oh wait. They followed the source. And it saw an explosion in popularity above anything else they might have anticipated. If you honestly believe that Arpeggio's burst in popularity now would have been the same if they followed the manga to the letter you are sorely mistaken

LOL well if you think i am mistaken that it is my mistake ill accept it as that i don't really care what other's think i just voice my opinion and that is that :)

it is up to you to judge what is right and wrong in the end
Nov 10, 2013 10:13 AM
Feb 2013
-ShadowClaw- said:
AnimageNeby said:
-ShadowClaw- said:

It's one of the better anime of this season, true. And I still think the anime is reasonably good and worth watching. But with a bit more attention to detail and avoiding contradictions, it could have been much better, and this is what I find a pity. Battlefests and ecchi-fanservice does not cut it - at least in my book - to compensate for the loss of worldbuilding and coherence the original story had. This does not mean that I dislike any of that action, it's just that to only focus on that, is to make the manga/anime superficial. Which was what I said before, and why some people got riled up because of that.

As far as your two points are concerned... ...how should I put it?

EVEN if you are 100% right about why they did it, the reasons you give here are meta-reasons. Aka, they have nothing to do with the story itself, they are introduced from a third-party viewpoint, for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with the in-story quality of the anime. For me, such reasons have no worth whatsoever, since they only can be applied and derive their value (if any) in the meta-sense neither.

I've seen this reason being used by others for totally unrelated, other anime as well. I always wonder about why they think this matters *in regard of determining the value of the anime itself*. Yes, battlefests and ecchi-fanservice is always popular with the masses. The same masses, who cater for superficial entertainment and therefore this becomes far too ubiquitous (this is one of the main issues I have with it). Ergo, you see a disturbing trend of anime (well, and movies, series, and all other media) to cater to the greatest common denominator of the populace. And, indeed, the hoi palloi does not care for anything 'deeper', they're satisfied with 'what is presented', as long as it gives some slash-and-hack (blood) and, of course, ecchi-fansevice (sex). Violence and sex sells. True. We all know that. But really, isn't there more to long or strive for? Is that really the extend to which one must measure the quality of something?

If I WERE to go further down the line in evaluating it for the meta-reasons you gave, aka, the validity of those reasons from a meta-stance, I would have to say this: this sort of mentality is the downfall of any true masterpieces, me thinks. Publishers, sponsors and studios who are only interested in that (well, in only catering to the superficially interested because that sells the most), will only bring forth 13-in-a-dozen anime, full of battlefests and ecchi, indeed, and little else. I have been amazed and pleasantly surprised by the introduction of anime such as Shin Sekai Yori and Psycho Pass, last season. I thought it not possible anymore. But how long will such things last, if one is always going for the superficial, because it's popular? If more people DID care for more than shallow entertainment, high quality anime would still be made more too. And I know I can't blame uncritical people for being solely interested in shallow entertainment, just as one can't blame sheep because they're grazing as sheep, but it does disturb me a lot about the casual nonchalance, even pride, in which this is proclaimed to be the only thing that matters.

In any case, reasons such as 'it's to promote the manga' and 'it's to boost sales' and 'it's to promote CGI' have very little sway with me. Those are all reasons that lay outside the scope of the anime itself. What does that change anything about the inherent quality of the anime? If the anime is bad because of all the cuts they made in it, and the introduction of extra battlefests and fanservice, it STILL would be a bad, low-grade anime even if it sold like hot pancakes with brown sugar on top. Conversely, excellent series like Shin Sekai Yori, Psycho Pass and fate/zero would still be great pieces even if they didn't sell too good (and some don't, for the reasons I mentioned above). This shows that those meta-reasons have no intrinsic value in determining the quality of the anime as a whole, and story, background, plot, worldbuilding, characterisations, etc. in particular (all the elements that DO make or break the quality of a series).

As a reader/watcher - contrary to a business promoting it - no-one is interested whether the series sells well for determining how one likes that very same series. If you found a series to be utter crap, full of clichés and unoriginal content, catered to be popular to the masses...would you then suddenly find it a great piece of work if you heard it sold good? Crap that sells well remains crap, imho. If it lacks story and worldbuilding, it still lacks it, whether the lack thereof was intentionally made to boost sales, and *regardless* of whether it actually succeeded in selling more. So, yes, I understand those reasons, but they have no bearings (or at least, shouldn't have) in determining how good a series was in-story.
AnimageNebyNov 20, 2013 3:30 PM
Nov 10, 2013 10:19 AM

Mar 2012
Ok look Frankly i dont really now how the anime business works it is really to complicated.

All i want right now is to enjoy this anime series, hope for more of it to be made and for the manga to be continued to be made and that's it i am just saying that because this is starting to get a bit to complicated.

I just hope tomorrow's episode will be good and to hope that it shows certain things i do want animated and that's it
Nov 10, 2013 10:32 AM
Feb 2013
-ShadowClaw- said:
Ok look Frankly i dont really now how the anime business works it is really to complicated.

All i want right now is to enjoy this anime series, hope for more of it to be made and for the manga to be continued to be made and that's it i am just saying that because this is starting to get a bit to complicated.

I just hope tomorrow's episode will be good and to hope that it shows certain things i do want animated and that's it

Don't misunderstand: it could be that you are right. Well, I don't know about this particular anime, but there is no doubt that some anime is butchered (or even specially made) EXACTLY for the reasons you mention. And more often than not it works too; there are a lot of mediocre series out there that sell pretty well.

The point is, is there anyone with a grain of discerning quality, that actually thinks the selling-numbers are to be the detrimental factor in deciding whether or not an anime should be considered good or not?

Imagine it: you watch an anime, and think it's worthless. Then you discover it's made that way so it sells more. And, indeed, it turns out it actually sells. Are you now going to find that anime good and superbly done, in-story? No, because nothing in-story has changed.

That was what I was saying (and I think the other poster as well, though he came off a bit undiplomatic).

It's not that your reasons couldn't be right, from a meta-stance. It's that they are irrelevant in determining the in-story quality of an anime.
AnimageNebyNov 10, 2013 11:28 AM
Nov 10, 2013 12:16 PM
Feb 2013
Darklight0303 said:

Well, I can't say he wasn't right that those meta-reasons are sometimes applied. They often are. And I'm not even claiming those reasons are wrong on themselves. They just don't matter in evaluating an anime.

This is true even if the meta-reasons would be considered good and valuable. After all, it's not intrinsically bad trying to sell your anime or manga as well as possible, or using it as an experiment to promote (good) CGI and it certainly wouldn't be bad if it lead to another animation/adaptation hereafter...only it has no bearing on the story and appreciation of the anime itself, one way or the other. As a rule of thumb, I would say: if one wants to promote and sell, use marketing for it, and do not cut corners in the endproduct, in this case the anime, to try to achieve that. And if an animestudio IS using their anime only as a marketing tool and nothing more, then it should not be treated else, and get no more appreciation, then just another marketingtool neither. But personally, when I watch an anime, I want to see a good anime, not an advertisement. This holds true even - or especially - if the company producing it is more interested in experimenting with CGI or promoting the manga or something else, or is only interested in maximising their profit. This is all understandable from their stance mayhaps, but it still changes nothing about the anime, and how one should appreciate it for what it actually is. If it's good, it's good, and if it's bad, it's bad, whatever the company or studio tried to achieve with it for their own purposes. All those meta-reasons can't be used as a valid excuse (in claiming this makes it good) to cut corners or to deliver mediocre anime that only focusses on superficial entertainment, thus. Ofcourse, if the anime is good, and they still achieves all of their meta-goals too, the better. If it goes to the detriment of the quality, however, those meta-reasons suck and can't excuse the lack of quality.

As I said: a low-standard anime doesn't become good because making it crappy made it (or the manga) sell more, nor because it tried to promote CGI, or it tried to get another series. Those reasons have nothing to do with the appreciation of the anime in-story (aka, how it is portrayed and presented as the 'universe' of the anime). The story/anime does not become more or less compelling because DVD's sell more or less, after all.

I think we both agree on that.

That said, I think this particular anime is still reasonably good. They made some errors when cutting out stuff, and introduced some inconsistencies that weren't originally there, but as of yet, it's still quite palatable as a whole.
AnimageNebyNov 10, 2013 1:47 PM
Nov 10, 2013 5:13 PM

Jun 2011
A good episode, but bad for the whole series which tried to be serious, but Haruna and Kirishima reduced to.. well you know.. And Takao too.. what's with her bits, and she got hit so cutely? -.-
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 10, 2013 6:56 PM

Jan 2013
So much TL;DR in here.
Salmon is delicious.
Nov 11, 2013 12:04 AM
Feb 2013
Exaccus said:
So much TL;DR in here.

And so much truth is in there too!

:-)
Nov 11, 2013 8:38 AM

Jan 2013
AnimageNeby said:
Exaccus said:
So much TL;DR in here.

Lies and heresy.
Salmon is delicious.
Nov 11, 2013 10:59 AM
Feb 2013
Exaccus said:
AnimageNeby said:
Exaccus said:
So much TL;DR in here.

Lies and heresy.

You sure? You read all that TL;DR ? ;-)
Nov 11, 2013 7:56 PM

Mar 2012
i laughed so hard when the bear ate the food i had to pause it
Nov 12, 2013 12:29 PM

Jun 2013
Yes there were quite lot Hilarious Scenes in this Episode...Haruna's Coat Off and On Mode, Takao's head vs Missile and Kirisihma Bear...Lol...

They have made quite lot changes, Minor one but still, in this story...let see how they are going to do rest of this serie... I hope that one Child is also alive...Oh so They Rae really Going to Come....XD

You are so Going to See So Bad Ass Haruna!!!!
JarjaxleNov 12, 2013 12:33 PM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Nov 12, 2013 11:36 PM

Apr 2009
Woah that kid is a research scientist? And the last surviving of 109! O_o

These damn human and their emotions are contaminating the Fog, exterminate and contain the infection! LOL

Just curious, who is the mental model holding the teapot and wearing a sexy miko wardrobe in the end title card?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 13, 2013 5:48 AM

Apr 2008
tofei said:
Just curious, who is the mental model holding the teapot and wearing a sexy miko wardrobe in the end title card?
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Kongou

Another incarnation of the battleship Kongou from different title.
Nov 13, 2013 8:34 PM

Apr 2009
nseika said:
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Kongou

Another incarnation of the battleship Kongou from different title.

From the looks of it, she seems have more lively personality there than the one in this anime. XD Anyway thanks a bunch.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 20, 2013 1:26 PM

Aug 2007
This was an enjoyable episode and that little girl is so cute, no matter that she isn't human.
Nov 23, 2013 5:15 AM
Feb 2013
minimiau said:
This was an enjoyable episode and that little girl is so cute, no matter that she isn't human.

Technically, she is still human. A genetically upgraded human, perhaps, but still human.
Nov 24, 2013 11:34 PM

Dec 2010
I liked this episode, possibly the best one so far! It allows for the development of Haruna who is quickly becoming my favorite character! I look forward to seeing where it will go from here!
Jan 8, 2014 10:14 PM

Oct 2012
Sha-kin~
Ah... The development quite nice
Haruharu's coat off mode is cute

End card Kongou x Koungou xD

Shimapan-chan said:
i laughed so hard when the bear ate the food i had to pause it

It's funny because I thought they (fog) can't really eat foods especially in that pedobear doll form
"Signature removed"
Mar 11, 2014 6:03 AM

Sep 2011
LOL this was surprisingly my favorite episode so far. Good development and storytelling.
Apr 1, 2014 1:52 AM
May 2012
Haruna without coat *o* Haruna with coat...........*o*
Kirishima is back!! I told ya she will be back :3
Awww, Makie is adorable~
I am glad that Toujuurou treated her as his own daughter.
Takao gyafuun :3
I really enjoyed this episode. I am starting to enjoy this Anime.
I really like the new ending song, and I like the first one too.
Japanese songs always makes me remember some good old memories.
Apr 2, 2014 8:04 PM

Jan 2013
So Haruna is now friend if Makie?I hope so...
Makie is a robot :( she is so adorable.I wonder if they will still obey to Nebula.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 7, 2014 8:37 AM

May 2012
This sure was a cute episode with some nice service and interesting development... an episode I actually enjoyed because it was this cute!
Aug 19, 2014 10:58 AM

Sep 2012
Kerozinn said:
imo.

terrible first half

i did not want to see 12 minutes of little girls changing clothes,taking baths and drinking tea. afterall i do not care for any of their dull and undeveloped characters.

second half was alot better.
Sep 25, 2014 11:35 PM

Jul 2008
I usually hate SOL stuff like that in the episode and yet....

Shazam!!!! I couldn't help but laugh and think that whole thing was cute.
Nov 12, 2014 4:33 PM

Feb 2013
What a silly episode. Kirishima-bear ftw.
Dec 9, 2014 1:04 AM

Feb 2013
This episode made me like Haruna a lot. "Shazam." Very cute and sexy first half.

Very interesting second half though.

Also a new ED! I liek it.

Good episode.
Aug 23, 2015 3:00 PM

Aug 2013
To my surprise I was not bothered by the fanservice and jokes. In fact I think I haven't laughed this much in a long time.

Kirishima as a... TEDDY BEAR?! I hope it's really "temporary" as she said.
What's the point of all this? // There's no point. I'm doing it because I can. That's all there is to it. // What will be left behind after this? // Nothing at all. She'll die and I'll burn out. The end. That's all. (Requiem for the Phantom)
Mar 18, 2016 1:12 PM

Sep 2014
I liked this episode. It was both sad and cute. It's also nice to learn more about the side characters.

I'm liking Haruna more than expected. Haruharu~
Kirishima becoming a teddybear was funny.
(Silly Takao. xD)
Apr 19, 2016 2:23 PM

Jul 2015
HaruHaru is so adorable! I really liked this episode, I'm happy that this anime is not only action and we had a cute episode with great character development
Sep 13, 2018 4:07 PM

Mar 2016
This was a nice relaxing episode, with some history behind the vibrator torpedo and the revelation that Makie is an artificial human. There were some very smoky scenes showing Haruna's figure and of course a classic bath scene, but man...

I don't really care about Makie. Yes, she seems cute and cheerful but at the same time, she seems irrelevant to the story except for developing Haruna as a character.

I don't know, all this relationship between Haruna and Makie ... We'll see- SHAZAM!!!

Kirishima as a teddy bear eating the food was hilarious though
ShadowkillZSep 13, 2018 4:10 PM
Apr 9, 2019 3:19 AM
Jan 2017
wow i love this episode,, theres a lot fanservice here,, and haruna body is very hot..
Sep 11, 2019 3:29 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
AnimageNeby said:
minimiau said:

Technically, she is still human. A genetically upgraded human, perhaps, but still human.

Yeah, still an human to me too.

Always-Hungry said:
Haruna's Shazam!!!

The first half of the episode felt like fan service but the second half was interesting. Felt sorry for the girl :(

Haruharu is soo cute, this was one serious unpreditbled critical hit!
I mean, I wasnt expecting Haruna to pack so much meat behind that coat, though she was flat as a board but damm banjangas, trully some interesting fanservice. These were my first thoughs about the episode, then all the moe and innocent but cheerful Makie makes her surprise attack and my heart was taken hostage!
I teared up abit, wtf.
The later part was pretty interesting too, overall wasnt expecting an episode this good, more so focusing on the newest characters, it is the best episode so far, and there was no action, just some sweet effective fanservice, alot of moe and unexpected interesting drama. O.O

Tenzen12 said:
I am quite fascinated how can be three panels of manga transformed into half episode fanservice...

Otherwise not bad.

Really, oh damm, we are in the present of filler well done for once!
That is really a surprise.

Haruna is seriously in contender for best SHIP along Takao, and here I though she would be an unmatched unrivaled force, sailing through the seas of my heart alone!
You cant beat a kuudere, usually emotionless but with those key scenes or pure joy and fluffyness, you cant beat a kuudere without fighting with all you got~~
I need Takao to up her game now. xD
PlaycoolSep 11, 2019 3:37 AM
Sep 12, 2019 10:27 AM
Feb 2013
Playcool said:
AnimageNeby said:

Yeah, still an human to me too.

Always-Hungry said:
Haruna's Shazam!!!

The first half of the episode felt like fan service but the second half was interesting. Felt sorry for the girl :(

Haruharu is soo cute, this was one serious unpreditbled critical hit!
I mean, I wasnt expecting Haruna to pack so much meat behind that coat, though she was flat as a board but damm banjangas, trully some interesting fanservice. These were my first thoughs about the episode, then all the moe and innocent but cheerful Makie makes her surprise attack and my heart was taken hostage!
I teared up abit, wtf.
The later part was pretty interesting too, overall wasnt expecting an episode this good, more so focusing on the newest characters, it is the best episode so far, and there was no action, just some sweet effective fanservice, alot of moe and unexpected interesting drama. O.O

Tenzen12 said:
I am quite fascinated how can be three panels of manga transformed into half episode fanservice...

Otherwise not bad.

Really, oh damm, we are in the present of filler well done for once!
That is really a surprise.

Haruna is seriously in contender for best SHIP along Takao, and here I though she would be an unmatched unrivaled force, sailing through the seas of my heart alone!
You cant beat a kuudere, usually emotionless but with those key scenes or pure joy and fluffyness, you cant beat a kuudere without fighting with all you got~~
I need Takao to up her game now. xD

Haha... man... been so long since I saw that anime... When I got a message that you quoted me, I was really surprised, since I didn't go to MAL in ages. ;-)

Ah, so many anime watched by now. Probably more than thousand.
Feb 6, 2020 3:32 AM

Jul 2016
x2kill4 said:
wow i love this episode,, theres a lot fanservice here,, and haruna body is very hot..

I am lost as to what actually happened in this episode... basicallty just a bunch of loli servcice
Nov 24, 2022 8:59 AM

Feb 2014
Altaria-chan said:
I neeeed moaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr TAKAO. DAMN, she's the only damn reason why i'm watching this, Tbh aside from the awesome naval battles.

Screw Kongou, 400, 402 and Kirishima. They all look like shits especially Kongou. She looks like a monkey.

Are you alright? Did you forget to take your daily pills? Want so bad to see Takao licking MC´s feet? That is all she is about so far.

But don´t take me wrong, I bet you won´t right, just giving a reply your comment deserves. Don´t forget to take your pills, by the way. They are a must.
TechOtakuNov 24, 2022 9:43 AM
Nov 24, 2022 9:00 AM

Feb 2014
Easily the best episode so far.
Apr 23, 2023 4:23 PM
Dec 2020
What a cute, funny, sexy and surprisingly moving episode. I was sceptical at first with the premise of this show but it's actually turning out to be really pretty decent. It may even manage to change my opinon on all-CG anime as a whole!
Also Haruna is waifu. Entry categorised and recorded indeed.
May 22, 6:09 AM

Dec 2022
Haruna's more stacked and tall than I was expecting. The twintails might've been the deceptive factor there, lol.

Love the exuberant, yet nonintrusive comedy in this episode as well. The timing on it is superb, and it and it played off the personalities involved too. Teddy-Kirishima in particular had many signature scenes in her attempts to conceal her identity.

Toujuurou looks withered, but not necessarily aged. In faking his death, I wonder if he rendered himself completely immobile.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2013

197 by Archean-Return »»
May 22, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2013

96 by Archean-Return »»
May 22, 11:18 AM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2013

202 by Archean-Return »»
May 22, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2013

100 by Archean-Return »»
May 22, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2013

75 by Archean-Return »»
May 22, 9:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.