Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »
Jul 13, 2015 2:12 PM

Apr 2015
KimmyChii said:
eien1999 said:
Can anyone recommend me some anime (preferablely one-cour or less) in these categories :

» Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships
» Watch an early work of an established anime staff member (10+ roles)

you could watch free, binan koukou, Barakamon, Death Parade, Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? all are one cour (although free has a second season)

As early works just seek a anime you where you like the ost, i watched Cossette no Shouzou and composer Kajiura, Yuki.
if you like a move you could look at Miyazaki, Hayao, most of his films are amazing like Tonari no Totoro ^^ i watched it as kid a lot
Hope you like some of them

Thank you very much. I'll watch Death Parade and an early film of Miyazaki (maybe Tonari no Totoro).
Jul 14, 2015 1:54 PM

Jan 2015
Can someone recommend an anime for my challenge? Preferably 1-2 cours long.
Pkfire0Jul 14, 2015 2:47 PM
Jul 14, 2015 3:00 PM

Apr 2011
pkfire0 said:

Ao no Exorcist
Bakemonogatari
Barakamon
Black Lagoon
C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
Jul 14, 2015 3:06 PM

Jan 2015
yhunata said:
pkfire0 said:

Ao no Exorcist
Bakemonogatari
Barakamon
Black Lagoon
C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control

Thank you! I am now watching Black Lagoon.
Jul 14, 2015 5:18 PM

Jul 2014
Question: I just watched season 1 and 2 of Working!!. Now if I were to complete the currently airing season 3 of Working!! would that qualify as completing the challenge of --- Watch an anime three-cours or more in length.

Edit: Nevermind, checked old queries and apparently it has to be one single entry.
Jul 16, 2015 1:54 AM

Feb 2015
I'm having trouble with » Watch an early work of an established anime staff member (10+ roles).

I really have no clue what can I watch for this.
Jul 16, 2015 3:10 AM

Jun 2014
Well I have a fewbquestions about this that I didn't get
1. If I start now only anime i watch after this will be counted or I can go with any i have watched this year even before I signup?
2. Only anime that start or end in 2015 counts?
3. If i have already watched an anime before 2014 then do i have to 9rewatch it to make it count or I'll have to search for another anime
4. How will it be checked weather someone actually completes the challenge? Random questioning?
Jul 16, 2015 3:38 AM

Feb 2014
rameshbhutak16:

1. If you want, you can use any anime you have watched this year.
2. No..? you can use any anime, regardless of when it started.
3. Why you can't just watch some new anime?
4. I don't know but probably none will check it, since it's more like challenge to yourself.
Jul 16, 2015 3:42 AM

Apr 2011
Not_At_All said:
I'm having trouble with » Watch an early work of an established anime staff member (10+ roles).

You could watch one of Miyazaki's earlier works or basically any early works of anyone who has been involved in creating more than 10 anime series/movies/ovas/etc.
Jul 16, 2015 3:48 AM

Feb 2015
yhunata said:
Not_At_All said:

You could watch one of Miyazaki's earlier works or basically any early works of anyone who has been involved in creating more than 10 anime series/movies/ovas/etc.
I kinda realised that. Problem is there is no indication on any of the staff member pages as to when they started working, so I don't really know what can be taken as "early work" unless I go through all of the anime listed on someone's page and sort them by years.

I'll probably end up copying someone elses entry somewhere down the line.
Jul 16, 2015 4:05 AM

Apr 2011
Not_At_All said:
yhunata said:

I kinda realised that. Problem is there is no indication on any of the staff member pages as to when they started working, so I don't really know what can be taken as "early work" unless I go through all of the anime listed on someone's page and sort them by years.

I'll probably end up copying someone elses entry somewhere down the line.

Just go through the anime entries at hand and watch something with the earliest airing date, though it doesn't need to be the earliest. Something from the 80s or 90s would be good enough. In cases like Makoto Shinkai, early 2000s would also be fine.
Jul 16, 2015 4:15 AM

Jun 2014
Yksiloituminen said:
rameshbhutak16:

4. I don't know but probably none will check it, since it's more like challenge to yourself.

There are some in which I never loose interest. Like I've watched NGNL about 18 times and there are a lot others that I have watched 2 or more times. Just asking. I guess I'll think abt difficulty and sign up on sunday. Thnx for the help.
Jul 16, 2015 4:21 AM

Feb 2015
yhunata said:

Just go through the anime entries at hand and watch something with the earliest airing date, though it doesn't need to be the earliest. Something from the 80s or 90s would be good enough. In cases like Makoto Shinkai, early 2000s would also be fine.
Will try that. Thanks.
rameshbhutak16 said:
I've watched NGNL about 18 times.
What
Jul 16, 2015 4:42 AM

Jun 2014
Not_At_All said:
rameshbhutak16 said:
I've watched NGNL about 18 times.
What

Yeah seriously. It's on my phone so I watch it quite often. I guess I'll watch an anime its creator for
"» Watch an anime by a director/composer/studio you like"
Jul 16, 2015 6:23 AM

Oct 2014
rameshbhutak16 said:
Yksiloituminen said:
rameshbhutak16:

There are some in which I never loose interest. Like I've watched NGNL about 18 times and there are a lot others that I have watched 2 or more times. Just asking. I guess I'll think abt difficulty and sign up on sunday. Thnx for the help.
There is one challenge for rewatching an anime, but the main point of the challenges is to watch anime that you normally wouldn't. You've only watched 185 anime so there is plenty of good anime out there that you can use for the challenges,
Jul 16, 2015 8:42 AM

Mar 2013
For the children challenge, how young qualifies?

For the non-Japanese title challenge, is it an anime that does not have a Japanese name at all or something like Overlord that has the English title on the poster but also has a Japanese name?
Jul 16, 2015 8:47 AM

Apr 2011
AudioTsunami said:

For the non-Japanese title challenge, is it an anime that does not have a Japanese name at all or something like Overlord that has the English title on the poster but also has a Japanese name?

For the first, anyone younger than teenage qualifies, I guess. For the second, it's talking of the official title. See Death Note, Overlord, Death Parade, One Piece, etc...
Jul 17, 2015 6:27 AM

Jun 2014
yhunata said:
AudioTsunami said:

For the first, anyone younger than teenage qualifies, I guess. For the second, it's talking of the official title. See Death Note, Overlord, Death Parade, One Piece, etc...

Wait, would Idolm@ster count? That's what I used for mine.
Jul 17, 2015 6:30 AM

Apr 2011
MillieAndretti90 said:
yhunata said:

Does it have anyone younger than a teenager, preferably as a main focus of the show? If yes, yes. If no, no.
Jul 17, 2015 6:34 AM

Jan 2011
yhunata said:
MillieAndretti90 said:

Does it have anyone younger than a teenager, preferably as a main focus of the show? If yes, yes. If no, no.

the quest is » Watch an anime with children in it
so no
Jul 17, 2015 8:26 AM

Feb 2008
I need a recommendation for the challenge participant recommendation entry. The only requirements I have is that it should be a TV show, and preferably, not longer than two cour or 26 episodes. Pretty much open to all suggestions, so keep 'em coming!

Jul 17, 2015 8:35 AM

Nov 2013
corwin_r said:
I need a recommendation for the challenge participant recommendation entry. The only requirements I have is that it should be a TV show, and preferably, not longer than two cour or 26 episodes. Pretty much open to all suggestions, so keep 'em coming!

how open is your mind? :D

http://myanimelist.net/anime/16201/Aku_no_Hana

also,

http://myanimelist.net/anime/17909/Uchouten_Kazoku pls

http://myanimelist.net/anime/10162/Usagi_Drop
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 17, 2015 9:34 AM

Feb 2008

I'd say fairly! Pretty open to most things, and even considered/started watching those shows. I'll go with Uchouten Kazoku most likely, since I'm kind of set that I will read the Aku no Hana manga at some point. As for Usagi Drop, I really wish I hadn't picked up the manga before finishing the show, alas, we never know what awaits us in life, haha.

General recommendations are ok too, still need stuff for some entries that I'm undecided for what I'll watch. Here's my sign up form (it's up to date), so if something interesting comes to mind for any of the non-completed entries, I'd appreciate a recommendation for it~.

Jul 17, 2015 11:02 AM

Nov 2013
I need a recommendation. Preferably mystery or/and horror with one cour (or two, it doesnt matter).
Jul 17, 2015 11:06 AM

Apr 2011
eraldo-dono said:
I need a recommendation. Preferably mystery or/and horror with one cour (or two, it doesnt matter).

I see you haven't watched Shinsekai Yori. I'll recommend that you give it a try. It has a mystery vibe to it and can get creepy at times.

Kindaichi is a mystery, that has a sequel coming up soon. Not much of a horror, though.
Jul 18, 2015 10:47 AM

Jun 2015
Hi ~ . Can I ask for a recommendation as well?

I'm looking for a title that could be considered deep, dark, and maybe a little creepy and mysterious (kinda like Paranoia Agent). Otherwise, I wouldn't mind a Josei focused on characters that are in college or older.

Thanks to anyone who might be able to help me out here (^◡^).
Jul 18, 2015 11:19 AM

Jan 2015
Wisperella said:
Hi ~ . Can I ask for a recommendation as well?

I'm looking for a title that could be considered deep, dark, and maybe a little creepy and mysterious (kinda like Paranoia Agent). Otherwise, I wouldn't mind a Josei focused on characters that are in college or older.

Thanks to anyone who might be able to help me out here (^◡^).

Dark/Creepy:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/467/Ghost_in_the_Shell:_Stand_Alone_Complex
http://myanimelist.net/anime/13125/Shinsekai_yori
http://myanimelist.net/anime/169/Shingetsutan_Tsukihime
http://myanimelist.net/anime/790/Ergo_Proxy

Josei:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1698/Nodame_Cantabile
http://myanimelist.net/anime/16/Hachimitsu_to_Clover
http://myanimelist.net/anime/13585/Natsuyuki_Rendezvous
Jul 18, 2015 5:02 PM

Jun 2015
Thank you very much =). I'm going to go with Natsuyuki Rendezvous o/.
Jul 21, 2015 2:28 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
Okay, I am getting close to the end so now I think it is time for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant."

I'd like something I can watch on a streaming site as this will be the anime I watch at lunch for a while. Also, has to be Safe for Work.

I have Netflix, Crunchyroll, Funimation, and Amazon Prime. I'll watch something on Hulu also but I'd really prefer on the other services since I won't have to watch commercials (they take up precious time at lunch).

Thanks!
Jul 21, 2015 2:32 PM

Mar 2012
Brand said:
Okay, I am getting close to the end so now I think it is time for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant."

I'd like something I can watch on a streaming site as this will be the anime I watch at lunch for a while. Also, has to be Safe for Work.

I have Netflix, Crunchyroll, Funimation, and Amazon Prime. I'll watch something on Hulu also but I'd really prefer on the other services since I won't have to watch commercials (they take up precious time at lunch).

Thanks!
Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha.
Jul 21, 2015 8:53 PM
Jul 22, 2015 8:13 AM

Dec 2009
Can I have a recommendation please. I'll give one in return if needed. I just ask that it be something that I can easily watch online.

Thanks!

Jul 22, 2015 8:31 AM

Jun 2013
breathesunshine said:
Can I have a recommendation please. I'll give one in return if needed. I just ask that it be something that I can easily watch online.
Thanks!

"Uchouten Kazoku", maybe? I think you might like it.
I need one too :D
Jul 22, 2015 9:06 AM

Apr 2011
Doubledog said:
breathesunshine said:
Thanks!

It's a short, but "Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san" is a cute little anime which you might like, considering how you like Shojo-Ai and all.
Jul 22, 2015 9:21 AM

Jun 2013
yhunata said:
It's a short, but "Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san" is a cute little anime which you might like, considering how you like Shojo-Ai and all.

Uh, I'd like something longer or it'll be too easy.
But I'll watch it for sure when I finish the challenge :3
Jul 22, 2015 9:47 AM

Apr 2011
Doubledog said:
yhunata said:

Uh, I'd like something longer or it'll be too easy.
But I'll watch it for sure when I finish the challenge :3

Well... Re-Kan! has Shojo-Ai tones to it. Takes a while for it to really get going, though. While it doesn't have Shojo-Ai tones, Working!! is a very good slice of life that you could try. Similarly, there's Servant x Service which was made by the same guy.
Jul 22, 2015 10:08 AM

Dec 2009
Doubledog said:
breathesunshine said:
Thanks!

R.O.D TV
I have a feeling you will like that one.

Jul 22, 2015 12:40 PM

Jun 2013
breathesunshine said:

R.O.D TV
I have a feeling you will like that one.

yhunata said:

Well... Re-Kan! has Shojo-Ai tones to it. Takes a while for it to really get going, though. While it doesn't have Shojo-Ai tones, Working!! is a very good slice of life that you could try. Similarly, there's Servant x Service which was made by the same guy.

Thanks, I'll watch them all!
Jul 23, 2015 1:24 PM

Aug 2014
Suggest me an anime please!!!

Jul 23, 2015 4:12 PM

Dec 2008
TheExplorer said:
Suggest me an anime please!!!
I suggest you check out xxxHolic. Just in case you don't know anything about it, the series is mainly about a high school guy who works part-time for a witch in return for her protection from ghosts. Sounds simple, but the story gets complicated and I don't want to say anymore for fear of spoiling something. It's mainly supernatural and philosophical with mystery and comedy mixed in. I'm recommending it based on your completed list and scores.

Another suggestion for you is Lunar Legend Tsukihime. This is supernatural/mystery with complications and a bit of craziness well done. In fact, I would suggest this one for you more than xxxHolic based on your list xD
Kino_no_TabiJul 23, 2015 4:19 PM
Jul 23, 2015 11:06 PM

Feb 2015
Decided to update my progress and noticed the little 'Challenge related' section ><

Could I get an anime suggestion please? :>
Also something that you've watched for this challenge..?
:::|| ---A N I M E L I S T--- || ---M A N G A L I S T--- || ---S I G N A T U R E S--- || ---C A R D S--- ||:::
Jul 23, 2015 11:15 PM

Apr 2011
Porofy said:
Decided to update my progress and noticed the little 'Challenge related' section ><

For something I've watched: check this

For a recommendation, try Acchi Kocchi.
Jul 23, 2015 11:21 PM

Feb 2015
yhunata said:
Porofy said:

For something I've watched: check this

For a recommendation, try Acchi Kocchi.

Thank yoou~
:::|| ---A N I M E L I S T--- || ---M A N G A L I S T--- || ---S I G N A T U R E S--- || ---C A R D S--- ||:::
Jul 25, 2015 6:05 AM

Apr 2014
Hello, can I ask for a anime recommendation?
Something not so long (I'm mean 12-24 episodes) and definitely not shounen would be nice. :)
Jul 25, 2015 7:17 AM

Apr 2011
Merodiak said:
Something not so long (I'm mean 12-24 episodes) and definitely not shounen would be nice. :)

Try (one of) these:
Xam'd: Lost Memories. It's an anime original, so isn't shonen but has action in it.
C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control. 11 Episodes and another anime original. Does have action, but has an interesting spin on it.
Giant Killing. 26 episodes and Seinen. It follows a football team rising from the graves. Great anime, imo.
Kino's Journey: They Beautiful World. Has a movie prequel, though I'd say you can watch this first. It's very... down-to-Earth is the best way I can describe it.
Jul 25, 2015 4:23 PM

Apr 2014
yhunata said:
Merodiak said:

Try (one of) these:
Xam'd: Lost Memories. It's an anime original, so isn't shonen but has action in it.
C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control. 11 Episodes and another anime original. Does have action, but has an interesting spin on it.
Giant Killing. 26 episodes and Seinen. It follows a football team rising from the graves. Great anime, imo.
Kino's Journey: They Beautiful World. Has a movie prequel, though I'd say you can watch this first. It's very... down-to-Earth is the best way I can describe it.

Thank you so much. :)
Jul 25, 2015 6:47 PM

Jan 2015
Could I get an anime someone has watched for this challenge?
Jul 25, 2015 7:56 PM
Mar 2014
Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships

Does something that focuses on friendship count?
Jul 25, 2015 10:47 PM

Apr 2011
pkfire0 said:
Could I get an anime someone has watched for this challenge?

Pick your poison

vodall said:
Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships

Does something that focuses on friendship count?

If said friendship is non-romantic, then there is no reason for it not to count.
Jul 28, 2015 3:58 AM

Dec 2012
Maybe a silly question but for the "» Watch an anime that has been adapted to live action", does it count if the live action came first?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How stylish is your favouite character?

SgtBateMan - Jun 9

16 by Jyushimatsuno »»
2 minutes ago

» What anime you think was carried by a single character?

Shizuna - 4 hours ago

26 by AshuAmbrose »»
3 minutes ago

» What anime or anime episodes give you a nostalgic autumn feeling?

heyaheya - 2 hours ago

8 by Jyushimatsuno »»
4 minutes ago

» I can't believe an anime did this....

LenRea - Yesterday

22 by Zarutaku »»
12 minutes ago

» How do people finish anime they consider bad? ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Jun 8

91 by FedeMetal »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.