Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
May 1, 2009 10:34 AM
Jan 2009
I didnt really enjoy this episode. It felt just a liitte too cliched... most of the puns were rather corny as well.
May 1, 2009 10:36 AM

Mar 2008

The funniest episode is the best bi now, it's dead to laugh, I love K-ON!
May 1, 2009 10:39 AM

Mar 2009
Good episode, Sawako snapped, I hope she puts some pink streaks in her hair, like when she was in the club. Can't wait for the Live...Urahara Out!!
May 1, 2009 11:08 AM

Apr 2008
Looks like we'll be seeing more Sawako overdoing something

May 1, 2009 11:20 AM

Apr 2009
another funny episode! :D lol at yui's voice after she had training lol
May 1, 2009 11:22 AM

Apr 2009
Hmm....well at least they're actually getting to
the point of this series: doing SOMEthing with music.
But even in this ep they're just dicking around too much.
Hoping to see some progress over the next episodes...

- Lith.
May 1, 2009 11:41 AM

Aug 2008
This has been my favourite episode so far, from Sawako sensei's fantastic dash down the hall scene, to practically anytime that she started shouting at them. Too Ritsu spying on her through the two rolled up magazines, to Yui attempting to sing and play at the same time, then bursting through the door playing and pulling that face at the fact she's lost her voice. Ritsu forgetting to fill out the form, her teasing Mio about her blisters. Yui hurting her finger and simply wiggling it at the teacher.To them thinking that Mugi fancied the teacher. And especially when Ritsu's was asking who will sing. Some of them faces Yui pulled, moeblob. =^_________________^=
May 1, 2009 12:13 PM

Aug 2008
This was actually a good episode. They introduced a character (Sawako) who doesn't put up with the useless jibber jabber, they had an idea for a story, stuck to it, and managed to make most of it funny. If only they didn't bother to do the same Mio jokes, then I probably could have loved this episode.

What I'm not understanding is how there are seemingly more people vocal about not liking this episode as opposed to last weeks, which was down right trecaherous.
May 1, 2009 12:26 PM

Jul 2008
Great and entertaining as always , i knew that the photo had some foreshadowing XD
after the picture did look like her <_<
looking forward to next week's performance
May 1, 2009 12:40 PM

Oct 2008
Definitely the best episode so far, without a doubt.

May 1, 2009 12:50 PM

Sep 2008
haha this show keeps getting better and better makes me laugh every time ^^
5 ~ Epic Win!
~_~ !
May 1, 2009 12:53 PM

May 2008
Sawako is hawt, and mugi is a lesbian, lol
great episode ^^ can't wait for the next
May 1, 2009 1:03 PM
Feb 2009
Most of the puns i saw coming but... it was hella funny! Too much moeness to handle...haha. Sawako was awesome. Teeth picking! Tapping! Maybe I just found this funnier because I'm a musician. Best ep yet!!!
May 1, 2009 2:39 PM

Oct 2007
Good episode and really funny when Sawako true colours came out especially the teeth picking XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2009 2:46 PM

Oct 2008
Sawako is so funny and lovely ^^

great episode, and at last we see more story development :)

May 1, 2009 2:50 PM

Mar 2009
haha... another funny episode. From the looks of it they might actually start playing for real in the school festival this coming episode. Can't wait to see what happens. Mio will be singing too!
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
May 1, 2009 3:10 PM

Feb 2008
hehe mio is pretty cool.

LOL at statue with different hats.
May 1, 2009 3:30 PM

Dec 2008
I liked Yui's lost voice after training. I wish we got to hear more of it...
May 1, 2009 3:36 PM

Feb 2009
Lol at DMC references. Lol at the rest too. Yui singing after Sawako's special training was hilarious. xD Teeth picking... Aww, poor LP. ^^
May 1, 2009 3:38 PM
Aug 2008
Somnia said:
Definitely the best episode so far, without a doubt.

^This
Yui wanting to sing was epic!
May 1, 2009 3:45 PM

Sep 2008
this anime is just great
the sensei...wtf!!?
yui loosing her voice jjjajaajjaaj
so one or two chapters before their first live
looking forward
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
May 1, 2009 4:10 PM

Apr 2009
lol@Yui.
I cant wait to hear them play :D
May 1, 2009 4:42 PM

Nov 2007
Episode was ok.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
May 1, 2009 5:01 PM
Oct 2007
I was literally begging for Mio to be the vocalist and I got it, yay. XD

The episode turned great once Sawa-chan started flying through the hall in attempt of destroying the old album, lol.
May 1, 2009 5:03 PM
May 2008
Awesome episode. Glad to see teeth-picking animated xD

And of course Yui was fking awesome.
May 1, 2009 5:29 PM
Jul 2008
Sawako really had a different side to her... Funny how Mio gets scared so easily and now she is singing due to the special training Yui went through. Wee next week = concert!
May 1, 2009 5:30 PM

Apr 2009
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

^ My reaction to much of the episode. :)
May 1, 2009 5:39 PM

Apr 2007
wow, Mio singing those lyrics
gonna be the best shit EVER
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 1, 2009 6:00 PM

Jul 2008
so it turns out they're teacher was some hard rocker type in school, and now she taught yui a whole lot, but unfortunately she lost her voice, and now its up to miyo whose to shy to sing in front of others like that
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
May 1, 2009 6:10 PM
Nov 2007
yui won my heart with this episode ><;
May 1, 2009 6:15 PM

Feb 2009
Hahah! Hillarious episode. Extreme moe~
May 1, 2009 6:24 PM

Oct 2008
the episode was great :D :D
Mio with the headphones = <3
Yui was awesome x)

May 1, 2009 6:43 PM

May 2008
Sawako dash!!!
May 1, 2009 8:30 PM

Oct 2007
velcom said:
^ does show tastes and opinion. Since i would definately disagree with you there :P but you know that's the way it is.

And yea it is insane hype. I actually get creeped out but some of the fans of this show -_-

Kyoani show fans tend to be really REALLY vocal about how much they enjoy their shows, even going so far as to turn a light moe comedy show like K-On into the greatest thing ever conceived in their comments. It's been that way for every show they've ever done. To them the idea that a Kyoani show could ever do anything even slightly less then flawlessly perfect and briliiant isn't even a consideration. Hence you get these comments about how sublimely amazingly perfect and brilliant every little thing K-On does is. Last week it was about the whole Mio sequence, this week it's obviously going to be about Sawa-Sensei because it used a reference to DMC and DMC is popular. See the obvious connection?

Thing is I am almost certain Kyoani is aware of it and always puts one over the top sequence in every episode (now usually with sparkly or rainbow-coloured backgrouns) of their show now that they might as well leave a subtitle under saying "This is the scene we intend for you to fanboy over and trump up as absolutely unequivocally brilliant, thank's for your support". It only takes one of these sequences too to get Kyoani show fans to go absolutely bananas over the entire episode as well from what I have discerned in my years of following the phenomenon.

All of that said, at least I got the sense that they were kind of giving it an effort this time around as far as getting back to the premise from the first episode. I really can't complain about the episode too much as blatantly pandering as it was like the rest of them.
May 1, 2009 8:31 PM

Feb 2008
The composer actually admitting that her song is embarrassing was ^_^

This episode was actually better than previous episode as was stated by noteDhero earlier. At least the Mio jokes was toned down a lot (relatively speaking).
May 1, 2009 8:38 PM

Sep 2008
Kaioshin_Sama said:
velcom said:
^ does show tastes and opinion. Since i would definately disagree with you there :P but you know that's the way it is.

And yea it is insane hype. I actually get creeped out but some of the fans of this show -_-

Kyoani show fans tend to be really REALLY vocal about how much they enjoy their shows, even going so far as to turn a light moe comedy show like K-On into the greatest thing ever conceived in their comments. It's been that way for every show they've ever done. To them the idea that a Kyoani show could ever do anything even slightly less then flawlessly perfect and briliiant isn't even a consideration. Hence you get these comments about how sublimely amazingly perfect and brilliant every little thing K-On does is. Last week it was about the whole Mio sequence, this week it's obviously going to be about Sawa-Sensei because it used a reference to DMC and DMC is popular. See the obvious connection?

Thing is I am almost certain Kyoani is aware of it and always puts one over the top sequence in every episode (now usually with sparkly or rainbow-coloured backgrouns) of their show now that they might as well leave a subtitle under saying "This is the scene we intend for you to fanboy over and trump up as absolutely unequivocally brilliant, thank's for your support". It only takes one of these sequences too to get Kyoani show fans to go absolutely bananas over the entire episode as well from what I have discerned in my years of following the phenomenon.

All of that said, at least I got the sense that they were kind of giving it an effort this time around as far as getting back to the premise from the first episode. I really can't complain about the episode too much as blatantly pandering as it was like the rest of them.

already understand that but good way of saying it. I personally hated the DMC references, DMC is the funniest comedy i've ever seen and to me it just feels like it's trying to hard to make people laugh with it's copycat jokes of it. And i do agree about it returning to the premise cause i've been waiting to see if they were just going to come back to it in the last 2 episodes or not. I just couldn't like this episode at all though, i saw almost every joke coming and they were funny in my head but not in the anime. Was also annoyed at tsugumi, up until now she was the only girl in the group i actually liked but in this episode she just became, well quite literally dumb. I liked her because she wasen't like that. -_-
May 1, 2009 8:41 PM

Oct 2007
Yeah I tend to agree that this episode was the best one so far of this series, but considering what came before it I'm not sure that's saying all that much. The shows been just cutting the lower end of average for the past few episodes so one better hope they would start stepping it up a little now.

velcom said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
velcom said:

already understand that but good way of saying it. I personally hated the DMC references, DMC is the funniest comedy i've ever seen and to me it just feels like it's trying to hard to make people laugh with it's copycat jokes of it. And i do agree about it returning to the premise cause i've been waiting to see if they were just going to come back to it in the last 2 episodes or not. I just couldn't like this episode at all though, i saw almost every joke coming and they were funny in my head but not in the anime. Was also annoyed at tsugumi, up until now she was the only girl in the group i actually liked but in this episode she just became, well quite literally dumb. I liked her because she wasen't like that. -_-

That's certainly what they were going for with the DMC reference. DMC is widely considered funny by a lot of people, hence if they keep up these references to DMC people will consider K-On funnier by association, unfortunately it doesn't quite work that way. The reference gag is K-ON's, but the content of it from another frankly much funnier show. I really don't know how to react to this notion. And it seems like all of the gags K-On has pulled so far have been done much better in other shows, or are just typical Kyoani series gags. See Mio's bit last episode with the Moe Moe Kyun bit for an example of a recycled Kyoani series gag. Seriously I can't even count the number of times they've pulled a similar bit to that one in their past shows or frankly even this show. And it's not just the source material because they did similar bits in Clannad too. The comedy for this series is just totally phoned in, I don't see how there's really any other way around it when it's almost literally right up in my face with it.

As for Tsugumi, I knew they were going to have to give her some "development" at some point because while obviously they know that Mio is the fan favourite and have been milking her moe tank dry, Tsugumi's practically been a non-entity in the moe regard and pretty much just sits there and hands out cake. There's a little bit of moe there, but this is a series that has proven it likes to go over the top when it comes to moe. Hence we get the Yuri bit where they practically beat you over the head with it when it comes to Yui and Ritsu's dialogue. Again though, this is a series that loves to oversell everything, including it's jokes, so I'd be lying if I said I wasn't surprised that they felt the need to point out that they were doing a gag and what it was about ala CTRL+ALT+DEL. Obviously subtlety is not in K-On's vocabulary, but worse then that it makes it look like the show lacks confidence in it's own gags and the ability of the fans to get it and give the appropriate "brilliance" response. Not a very good thing IMO.
PeacingOutMay 1, 2009 8:59 PM
May 1, 2009 8:43 PM

Aug 2007
DMC reference for the fucking win. <3
May 1, 2009 8:45 PM

Feb 2009
Wow i like this episode show the teacher a wild singer
i really like the cloth everytime its evolve rock till..metal ... cosplay
hahaahah
May 1, 2009 8:49 PM

Sep 2008
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Yeah I tend to agree that this episode was the best one so far of this series, but considering what came before it I'm not sure that's saying all that much. The shows been just cutting the lower end of average for the past few episodes so one better hope they would start stepping it up a little now.

i personally liked the way it started better. But since the show is actually working on the music now it may become a lot better.
May 1, 2009 9:14 PM

Oct 2007
velcom said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

i personally liked the way it started better. But since the show is actually working on the music now it may become a lot better.

Thinking back to the first episode and how I said that this series had some potential (Of which I think now it has realized maybe 5-10%) I think you might be right actually. Maybe the description I was looking for was that it was the best episode since the first one.

There are a lot of expectations riding on the next episode with it's concert debut premise (most of which have to do with it being an uber quality animation sequence which I personally think is the least of what it could be looking to accomplish), but I can't say I have any right now. I imagine it being full of references to other popular music anime bordering on plagiarism (possibly DMC, Macross and/or Beck) or it doing the whole Linda Linda Linda tribute again since Kyoani seems borderline obsessed with that movie and it following a bunch of rule of cool concepts (none of which are in any way personalizing for the series) if for no other reason then the fact that up to now this show has been so predictable (Kyoani series wise) in how it presents itself, but I don't expect it nor explicitly desire it or anything else. I might as well cross that bridge when we get there.
May 1, 2009 9:48 PM

Jul 2007
More Mugi is never a bad thing.

May 1, 2009 9:50 PM

Jul 2008

Sawako sensei is <3

Probably my favorite episode so far since there was some actual music stuff goin' on. Can't wait to hear the final song.
May 1, 2009 9:51 PM

Sep 2008
character favorites stat:
ep1 - 1.Mio, 2.Yui, 3.Ritsu, 4.Mugi (got the Mio-sickness)
ep4 - 1.Mio, 1.Yui, 2.Ritsu, 2.Mugi (yui shows she can improve, mugi and her food powers)
ep5 - 1.Mio, 1.Yui, 1.Mugi, 2.Ritsu (Yui still improving, Mugi showing her 'interests')
(need to change it to a point system next time.)

there will probably be a ritsu episode soon to balance everything out again, but overall, all the characters improved themselves since ep1, so im happy about that.

haha, seriously though. who knew that the teacher had this kind of personality. she can fit in with the club more now, making her role more important than before.
and mugi's interests for lesbian was so unexpected. started laughing.

final thoughts: character development is good, and more with the music.
May 1, 2009 11:13 PM

Jul 2008
Actual music, thank you thank you thank you.

I won't be dropping this now, because Sawako is awesome. Looking forward to the song, hopefully it's as good as the OP and ED.
May 1, 2009 11:32 PM

Apr 2008
The funniest episode so far xD LOL!!

May 2, 2009 2:02 AM

Jan 2009
Alright, Sawako sensei and DMC references! I like!! Hope to see more music scenes though, there's not enough singing or guitar playing.
May 2, 2009 2:32 AM

Dec 2008
Mugi is a lesbian. Girl just got even more interesting.
May 2, 2009 2:51 AM
Oct 2007
Mugi chan ftw! :love:
May 2, 2009 3:21 AM

Oct 2008
What a hopeless teacher they have. I can't wait to hear Mio's singing.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DaBigD - Apr 16, 2009

262 by j0n194039 »»
May 23, 3:44 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

game8910 - Jun 4, 2009

233 by The_Neeko »»
Apr 1, 8:37 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 2, 2009

598 by piratini »»
Mar 16, 1:58 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DaBigD - Jun 25, 2009

344 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 3:22 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jun 18, 2009

314 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.