Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 29, 2014 1:19 PM

May 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
<Snip>.

I completely agree. I thought this was one of the better episodes largely because there was a less of the other characters and MC but then again just that speaks for how poor they are. I'd expect a show where lawyers who are forced to fight against death penalties every week would actually behave like people trying to save lives not like a bunch teenagers.
Jan 29, 2014 9:31 PM

Jun 2013
Miss piggy and hentai frog needs to happen now! :)
Jan 29, 2014 9:37 PM

Jan 2013
Almost dropped this after the first 2 episodes. This episode saved that from happening.
Jan 30, 2014 5:38 AM

May 2008
gonna carry on watching this it isn't the best but it isn't the worst!
Jan 30, 2014 6:48 AM
Jan 2014
Great series so far!
Is it just me or does it look like they lifted the courtroom out of a level from the original Doom video game?
Jan 30, 2014 5:31 PM
Oct 2013
This anime is like shit with glitter on it. Looks nice but its still shit. End of this episode makes it look like things will pick up. I hope thats true because I had high hopes for this anime.

btw I hope that pig never appears again. disgusting..
Jan 31, 2014 11:19 AM

Jan 2013
That was alright. The set up seems poor.
There needs to be a failsafe to automatically kill/knock out any perpetrator on trial.
Jan 31, 2014 7:04 PM

May 2012
This episode was pretty good until it went full retard in the end. If the show had better writing it would have been perfect
Jan 31, 2014 8:46 PM

Jun 2012
Man, I was honestly rooting for Mayu there, I mean seriously everyone there was incompetent as hell, even in real life it pisses me off how gullible and simpleminded law enforcers are sometimes. With the amount of criminals who walk away scott free, while innocents get executed (even if it's not a huge percentage)... the judges should be considered criminals for their lackadaisical decisions.
wakka9ca said:
Posse said:
>The guy breaks the cuffs of a condemned criminal
>The criminal tries to kill an entire room
>The guy gets 1 week of arrest at home

:logic:
I know right? I just can't get into this series because of how retarded the logic is.
I guess neither one of you payed much attention: they said normally he would lose his wizard barrister's license... and they asked how much it costed the boss to get him only house arrest, and she said it was a secret; clearly meaning she pulled some strings.

AsukaTenjyoin said:
The logic at the trials makes no sense.
This however, couldn't be more true, and I think that's generally the case at most trials.
Feb 1, 2014 1:42 PM

Jan 2008
After 3 episodes I'm still not sure if I actually like this show. I really dislike the familiars [pervy frog and horrible pig - it's like Muppets on drugs], characters design is a big 'no' to me and I keep getting the feeling, that they are just trying too hard.

And the episode itself was meh...
-
Feb 1, 2014 5:14 PM

Feb 2013
There was some flashy stuff at the end... but I was mostly bored for the rest.
Feb 1, 2014 7:20 PM

Oct 2008
HalibelTheEspada said:
Man, I was honestly rooting for Mayu there, I mean seriously everyone there was incompetent as hell, even in real life it pisses me off how gullible and simpleminded law enforcers are sometimes. With the amount of criminals who walk away scott free, while innocents get executed (even if it's not a huge percentage)... the judges should be considered criminals for their lackadaisical decisions.
wakka9ca said:
Posse said:

I know right? I just can't get into this series because of how retarded the logic is.
I guess neither one of you payed much attention: they said normally he would lose his wizard barrister's license... and they asked how much it costed the boss to get him only house arrest, and she said it was a secret; clearly meaning she pulled some strings.

That actually makes the logic even more retarded, your punishment for helping a condemned criminal is just the revokal of a license? The fact is that he was an accomplice to an attemped serial homicide, I think that would account for many years in jail in any civilized country.
Feb 2, 2014 2:57 AM

Oct 2009
I am guessing that Cop dude is with the bad guys.
Feb 2, 2014 7:44 AM

Oct 2013
JRadagast said:
This episode seems to show that a big plot is coming up, something that caused some of the other trails. Hope it does happend. XD

Yeah same here
Feb 2, 2014 2:21 PM

Jun 2012
Posse said:
HalibelTheEspada said:
wakka9ca said:
Posse said:

That actually makes the logic even more retarded, your punishment for helping a condemned criminal is just the revokal of a license? The fact is that he was an accomplice to an attemped serial homicide, I think that would account for many years in jail in any civilized country.
That may be true, but it's also not necessarily reality. There's plenty of stupid laws and ways of handling things... I can't really speak for how things are done anywhere else, but here in Florida/US things like that happen all the time. Generally any enforcers of the law will be punished less severely and get away with a lot more.

Laws aren't a moral thing, so what's "right" and what's "lawful" aren't always the same thing. For instance, some countries execute people for stealing a loaf of bread, some cut their hand(s) off, and some add them to taxes (aka prisons). Here if a cop were to accidentally shoot a kid, because he thought they were drawing a weapon, they'd most likely get away with a suspension and on the rare case a revoked license.

I'm sure if someone actually got killed (besides the aggressor) things would've been much different, and he would have gone to prison or worse... but hell, she had already been declared innocent, so he technically didn't even break the cuffs of a violent criminal (I know that's a bit of a stretch, but it's still true). Less logical things happen all the time, so I really don't think this is all that unbelievable.
Feb 2, 2014 7:15 PM

Apr 2011
HalibelTheEspada said:
Posse said:
HalibelTheEspada said:
wakka9ca said:
Posse said:

That may be true, but it's also not necessarily reality. There's plenty of stupid laws and ways of handling things... I can't really speak for how things are done anywhere else, but here in Florida/US things like that happen all the time. Generally any enforcers of the law will be punished less severely and get away with a lot more.

Laws aren't a moral thing, so what's "right" and what's "lawful" aren't always the same thing. For instance, some countries execute people for stealing a loaf of bread, some cut their hand(s) off, and some add them to taxes (aka prisons). Here if a cop were to accidentally shoot a kid, because he thought they were drawing a weapon, they'd most likely get away with a suspension and on the rare case a revoked license.

I'm sure if someone actually got killed (besides the aggressor) things would've been much different, and he would have gone to prison or worse... but hell, she had already been declared innocent, so he technically didn't even break the cuffs of a violent criminal (I know that's a bit of a stretch, but it's still true). Less logical things happen all the time, so I really don't think this is all that unbelievable.

Innocent? I thought she was going to stay in jail forever instead of getting executed.
Feb 2, 2014 8:36 PM

Sep 2013
man that frog is so pervy wtf lol

this ed is great :-) awesome case as usual
cool to see cecil's magic evolve even more!

so she's got like a robot now + fire magic? damn *_*
Feb 4, 2014 7:30 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

A little faster and without in-depth cases taken into question, but one senses that are part of something bigger, we'll see.
Narration quite raw, good. Drawings and animations discrete!
Cecil did not show too much originality today, I hope it does not become a character sterotipato, such as one sees more and more.
Much better than the other characters to start from her familiar.
Feb 9, 2014 1:35 AM

Jan 2008
So we have Kirmit The Frog And Now Miss Piggy anyone else like seriously but yeah another good episode sucks that the Ice Dude died though

I am sensing some major back stabbing coming up though
Feb 12, 2014 8:12 AM

Nov 2010
Hachiya having a pig as a familiar, a bear and crow added and this is a Muppet show
a la Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fonzy and Gonzo xD

The courthouse kind of fails for this to happen the second time and to rely on Cecil using magic to contain the threat

Spells that were used looked good
Apr 9, 2014 7:37 AM

Apr 2013
What's the point of magic if a gun was more efficient ? -_-
Apr 10, 2014 5:22 PM

Jan 2012
parts of this show are really good, like some parts were really interesting to watch... then others i was looking at my phone or doing other tihngs with it in the background, the last bit was interesting... maybe some main plot coming into it??

the logic of this system is bonkers surely they need to explain why?
Apr 17, 2014 9:39 AM

May 2012
Intense episode, quite like the case by case development!
Jun 9, 2015 5:13 AM

Jun 2008
Hmm..so our main seems to be some special magic child? And a book of prophecies. The plot thickens.

Riez said:
Posse said:

Stripe boobs woman: "How much did getting that cost you?"

Ageha: "It's a secret"

The logic is still there , I'm pretty sure Ageha has some kind of strong influence with the cops or shit whatever.

She paid with her body. That judge looks like he would give quite a few favors for tapping such ass.

Seriously though. What i found very illogical is not that since as you said they at least gave an excuse but the fact that the court accepted the defense line and didn't gave her a death penalty.
I mean on the previous episode you have a guy killing a roper to protect a woman and just because the prosecution says with no evidence at all and with a witness against them that he was an accomplish, the court believes them and tries to sentence the guy to death but now it can't believe that a woman killing the guy responsible for her boyfriends death actually did it on purpose?
That just doesn't add up. Is a lot easier to believe the prosecution for her case than believe them when they accused the guy of being a roper when he even killed one of the ropers.
Feb 25, 2020 7:35 PM
Jan 2017
This is a great series so far, although i could do without the anime Ms.Piggy.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2014

97 by Talamare »»
May 30, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2014

111 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 7:31 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

123 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 7:20 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

51 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 23, 2022 2:58 AM

Poll: » Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2014

51 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
Aug 22, 2022 2:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.