Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 19, 2013 2:45 AM

Sep 2012
Danyn said:
This was painful to watch.
You are feeling the pain of being hit by the shots? LOL LOL LOL
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 19, 2013 2:46 AM

Jan 2013
symbv said:

Even if the shots did not hurt at all, when you are hit you are out, which is the rule of airsoft I believe.

But you're also out if you give up, what she did.
Jul 19, 2013 3:53 AM

May 2012
Well, the short haired Yura was alright for the story and I think it's cute. It was already foreshadowed during the start of the OP.
Jul 19, 2013 4:05 AM

Sep 2010
EEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH NOT THE HAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
It'll grow back, right? RIGHT?!
Jul 19, 2013 4:15 AM

Dec 2012
Rin annoyed me with her onesided train track of thoughts; but I totally understand why she's like that. I also get why Sonora was irritated at Yura- for 'letting' the team down.

and omg Yura is so adorable with her haircut- she looks like a little boy- GET YOUR SERIOUS ON, YURA!
Jul 19, 2013 5:30 AM

Sep 2012
bastek66 said:
Fuck gravity

this scene reminded me so much of the cutscene near the end of mgs2 when solidus has the p90 doing all that matrix shit to the rays. i dont know why

also, is it just me, or does sono look like kamina from ttgl's daughter, even down to the glasses.

same sort of speech too
Jul 19, 2013 6:24 AM
Aug 2011
Honestly, though the "super serial business" is nothing new in sports anime (Saki and Girls und Panzer come to mind here), here in the States, there are those who DO take airsoft that seriously. There are higher organized national events, and some folks who really place a great deal of emphasis on this game. The reactions of Sempai and Hime-cut to Yura's lack of resolve was, in my opinion, very reflective of the more hardcore players (and since Sempai and Hime-cut played in the States...).

For those who know what I'm talking about, think GMR.

Anyway, minus two egregious violations of the game IRL (such as P-90 tan defying gravity or that random guy trying to RIFLE BUTT Sempai, which is 100% not okay in US airsoft at any rate), this ep was pretty good. The haircut at the end was a surprise, but kind of practical; I can't imagine playing any game that requires physical activity with long hair. It seems like a massive hindrance (which doesn't seem to stop half of this club, to be fair).
Jul 19, 2013 6:33 AM

Jun 2013
Don't really get all the fuss about her cutting her hair, I like it .______.

But I quite liked this episode, it was a good way to introduce the rival. Though the weak character thing will hopefully end with this episode, any longer and I debate whether I can finish the entire thing, since Yura is the focus of the show.
Jul 19, 2013 6:41 AM

Jan 2013
HAIRCUT WWWWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

dropped.

...not really, but still, wtf?
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 19, 2013 7:04 AM

Mar 2012
symbv said:
vonPeterhof said:
Wasn't the word "airsoft" also coined by the Japanese? They do call the guns themselves "airsoft guns", and they did invent them. The word did always strike me as kinda Engrishy, even before I found out that the sport comes from Japan. But then, here in Russia we call it "strikeball", so it's not like we're in any position to judge XD
The word "Airsoft" was indeed coined in Japan but the usage there is always as "Airsoft Gun" and it always used to describe the gun not the sport. For the sport they call it "Survival Game".
Yeah, I'm aware of that. I was just responding to your suggestion to adopt the Japanese name into English. Personally I think that with the adoption of "airsoft gun" and the word "airsoft" for the name of the game the English language has already been compromised enough ;)
Jul 19, 2013 7:39 AM

Apr 2010
Think this episode could have been better but it did have it's nice parts.
What i liked most was the rebel look of Rento that red cap the green skirt and the Kalashnikov made her look like a perfect rebel.
Karila looked most like a American styled action hero the Rambo look so to speak.
I also have to say that i prefer girls looking like this instead of the boring maids we always see in anime, besides girls with guns are hot!!

What i disliked was Yura's behaviour towards the end i knew it wasn't going to be as bad as she thought it would but i didn't expect her to forfeit the match.
Wel hopefully she will do better next time.
Jul 19, 2013 7:45 AM

Oct 2007
At least hime-cut kept her hair. Speaking of which what is Shoko Sashinami's VA doing voicing a dangerously hime-cut character anyway? It's like she's suddenly been recast as Saki in another life time. It has me thinking it'd be kind of funny if Tomatoes showed up as yet another happy go lucky bubbly character on another team.
PeacingOutJul 19, 2013 7:49 AM
Jul 19, 2013 8:08 AM

Jan 2012
Yura's got a new haircut!?? :O
And liking the ED >_<
Jul 19, 2013 9:13 AM
Oct 2010
shigerogo said:
Oh wow, it’s like playing Soccer and then sit down on the field, because you’re thinking that you aren’t good enough. Not really believable imo. Why surrendering? It’s not like those shots hurt that much, that you must be scared of them.
Indeed, it's pretty much like that, even forgetting the gun and running desperately towards the flag would have been better than just giving up. Sonora admonishing Yura is perfectly justified.

On the other hand, Rin going "you don't deserve to play this holy sport" is not only arrogant but immature and selfish, it is still a game, it is not her business, and Yura is not there to make it fun for her.

I wonder if we are supposed to dislike Rin, since she's a rival and all...
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jul 19, 2013 10:24 AM

Jan 2008
FUCK YEAH, MIYUKI SAWA-- ERR, SONORA BEING A BADASS.

As soon as Sonora said what she said to Yura at the end of the last match, I was saying to myself that this show would get dropped if Yura spent more than the next episode moping before realizing she needed to change.

But the fucking show did even better than that. I'm pleasantly surprised and amazed that they took care of her moping AND changing within this one episode.
PanaruJul 19, 2013 10:28 AM
Jul 19, 2013 11:10 AM

Jan 2012
Yura was even more annoying than usual in this episode and her new hair looks so bad lol
Hopefully she'll become less of a wimp here on in
Jul 19, 2013 1:13 PM

May 2012
Did nobody else notice the new ED? It's so much better!
Jul 19, 2013 1:48 PM

Apr 2013
Indeed, the new ED was better. Even better than the OP, I would say.
Also, I really dislike Yura's new airstyle... I know it's kind of a custom in Japan to repent, but stil, just think about what she could have done with her hair! "It not even her final form!", this line just killed me.
As for this line: "will I be able to shoot properly?" notice for myself: don't take sentences out of the context.
Aaah. This anime really makes me want to try airsoft.
Jul 19, 2013 1:49 PM

Oct 2008
WHY CUTTING HER HAIR 8'(

Rento is the only good left <3
Jul 19, 2013 1:55 PM

Jan 2008
Gainax did fall... very, very hard.

If you think that the same studio did TTGL and now this... I want to cry.
This Anime sucks.

Look at the MP7 from the guy in the beginning of the match? This wasn't a PDW sized weapon anymore, this was a huge LMG!!

Also many other horrible fails (the pigy pack sniper). Well crap show.

And cutting your hair DOESN'T change your personality. Maybe that your hair don't get caught up in a chain saw or something.
Jul 19, 2013 2:43 PM

Apr 2013
GREW said:

And cutting your hair DOESN'T change your personality. Maybe that your hair don't get caught up in a chain saw or something.

Cutting hair in Japan means a new start. She did this so she can show that she was ready to change and to get a new start.
Jul 19, 2013 2:57 PM

Jan 2008
Chokko said:
GREW said:

Cutting hair in Japan means a new start. She did this so she can show that she was ready to change and to get a new start.

How about get some skill first? /o/
Jul 19, 2013 3:00 PM
Feb 2012
bastek66 said:
Fuck gravity

looks like Matrix flip to me, this video at 1:18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es2uYtSJh-Y
Jul 19, 2013 3:28 PM

Apr 2013
GREW said:
Chokko said:
GREW said:

This is why I said she was READY to change. UuU Well I'm not here to argue with you in any way, especially if you don't like the show. I was just trying to clear that up.
Jul 19, 2013 4:18 PM

Jan 2013
bastek66 said:
Fuck gravity
Dem mad skills.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jul 19, 2013 4:23 PM

Apr 2013
This episode had some good action.

bastek66 said:

Oh no!!! Yura why did you cut your hair ?
Jul 19, 2013 4:50 PM

Mar 2013
Loved the action in this Episode!
Jul 19, 2013 4:53 PM

Jul 2010
Dammit Yura, why are you so goddamn useless? At least try something! It's a game, not war! Rin and Sono may have been harsh, but they were right.

Phew, now I've got that off my chest: at least in the end she got it. Also: dat boyish haircut. XD

I gotta say: I liked this episode. This is exactly what I want to see in a series about Airsoft. :)

Jul 19, 2013 6:18 PM

Jun 2010
What the f.... that haircut.. srsly?

I don't even know what to expect next... I just hope someone will at least get physically hurt or something to spice things up.

Err yeah, very high paced episode. I thought the previous episodes were better to be honest.

rederoin said:
bastek66 said:
Fuck gravity

That sure is some QUALITY animation.

ROFL.
Jul 20, 2013 5:17 AM

Sep 2009
Aww' that was the worst think you ever did Yura. I thought that you would fight. But I'm glad that she realized it was a bad thing to do.

Lol. The ending is so epic cute ^^ She looks like a boy now :D
I didn't expected that she would cute her hair.
Jul 20, 2013 7:59 AM

Oct 2007
GREW said:

This Anime sucks.

Look at the MP7 from the guy in the beginning of the match? This wasn't a PDW sized weapon anymore, this was a huge LMG!!

Look we're all aware of Gainax's troubles at this point. If you want the old Gainax it's Trigger and they have an anime coming out this fall called Kill La Kill which looks promising. This and the new Gainax....just is what it is.
Jul 20, 2013 9:41 AM

Jan 2008
Kaioshin_Sama said:
GREW said:

This Anime sucks.

Look we're all aware of Gainax's troubles at this point. If you want the old Gainax it's Trigger and they have an anime coming out this fall called Kill La Kill which looks promising. This and the new Gainax....just is what it is.

I know and I quite looking foreward to the next season already. So far this season is not really my taste beside 2-3 Anime.

Still sad when you look what they done in the past and now.
Jul 20, 2013 9:45 AM

Nov 2012
lol XD yura's imagination is really cool and funny XD
especially when she is imagine about the real war XD

damn that new girl is really scary :O

btw.. yura has a new hairstyle YEY YEAH! XD short hair for live! XD
Jul 20, 2013 10:03 AM

Nov 2008
Nose_Bleed said:
What's with the new haircut ;_; it kind of disappointed me she looked so cute with the long hair, even if she had a ponytail it would have been a better solution.

agreed
Jul 20, 2013 10:08 AM

Nov 2012
sirwence said:
Nose_Bleed said:
What's with the new haircut ;_; it kind of disappointed me she looked so cute with the long hair, even if she had a ponytail it would have been a better solution.

agreed

well yeah.. I kind agree with you.. but I dont really mind.. I love short hair :p
Jul 20, 2013 10:08 AM

Sep 2012
GREW said:
Chokko said:
GREW said:

Like learning a bit about Japanese culture and be less dismissive by instinct?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jul 20, 2013 11:10 AM
May 2012
Nice airsoft battle scenes as usual. And finally, some development courtesy of Yura, but damn, that haircut, she could've just tied it or something.
Jul 20, 2013 12:04 PM

Oct 2011
Wow good match but poor Yura.

I know that cutting your hair signifies change but I will miss her hair T__T

Is she trying to be like Sonora? Kinda looks like her.

OMG dat new ending version : 0
Jul 20, 2013 12:29 PM

Mar 2012
Hey now, Gainax has made a credible business out of weakling MC's. Anyways, it was a good episode and I liked the new ending animation much more than the old one.
Jul 20, 2013 3:55 PM

May 2013
Yura really needs to calm down in these matches, it's just airsoft. I gotta admit that the real war scenes are pretty funny though. When Yura was alone on the field, I actually hoped she would put her hidden shooting skills, which were hinted at in the last episode, to use for the first time, but I guess this has to wait for awhile.
Jul 20, 2013 4:04 PM

Apr 2013
Seriously! I am just sick of seeing such a weak girl I already hated this episode but when she surrended I was like ' you damn weakling.. ' but it was fixed pretty damn fast...should of kept her being weak for a few episodes and bam another tournament and shes just too over powered.
Jul 20, 2013 4:58 PM

Jul 2011
I actually enjoyed this episode but dat haircut... oh cmon!
Jul 21, 2013 2:21 AM

Sep 2012
TravSavage said:
Hey now, Gainax has made a credible business out of weakling MC's. Anyways, it was a good episode and I liked the new ending animation much more than the old one.

calling, by episode 12, yura masters spiral power and uses it to dominate everything
Jul 21, 2013 3:38 PM

Jun 2012
Meh. . ., I'm kind of disliking this the more I watch it.

I know it's anime, but as an airsofter, this defies pretty much everything I know. There is so much I can say about all of this, it's just too much. . .Not just that, but it's also not exactly that enjoyable to watch, the firefights.

The only thing I still like about this series is the little bit of detail put into the guns.

Jul 22, 2013 12:28 AM
Sep 2010
*after reading everyone's whining about the hair*
omg GET OVER IT

Also, am I the only one who thinks Sonora getting mad at Yura was just stupid. She was going to lose either way based on how she acted in the field. Whether she lost by getting shot or by surrendering didn't matter. Its 1 newbie up against 6 veterans, I highly doubt she would have done any better if she fought.

Oh and is it me or does seem like Sonora and Karila belong in a different anime? Everyone else is fighting normally while they do they're matrix/gun-kata bullshit.
Zetsuei380Jul 22, 2013 12:39 AM
Jul 22, 2013 2:08 AM

Oct 2009
Zetsuei380 said:
Also, am I the only one who thinks Sonora getting mad at Yura was just stupid. She was going to lose either way based on how she acted in the field. Whether she lost by getting shot or by surrendering didn't matter. Its 1 newbie up against 6 veterans, I highly doubt she would have done any better if she fought.

I think you're missing the point.
Everyone in her club is defeated by the enemy, except for Yura.
She was defeated by herself, by fear and frustration.

Yura's lack of spirit of sportsmanship not only hurts her team, but is also insulting to their opponents.
azzuReJul 22, 2013 2:22 AM
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Jul 22, 2013 7:17 PM

Apr 2010
Why she did that D:

Poor hair
Jul 22, 2013 11:14 PM

Jan 2013
Love the HAIR Love the ED and love KARILA

OutlawJessJul 22, 2013 11:20 PM
Jul 23, 2013 12:07 PM

Jul 2010
Nooooo Yurarin....your hair was so cute. :'( But lol, nice episode. Still loving those battles. I hope they won't ever get old throughout the show though.

I thought the transition from last episode to this one was a bit weird. Like, they could have mentioned a big tourney last ep. xP
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2013

71 by toralbabs »»
May 18, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 25, 2013

137 by toralbabs »»
Feb 17, 9:43 PM

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jul 11, 2013

95 by toralbabs »»
Feb 10, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2013

179 by toralbabs »»
Feb 7, 7:44 PM

» Anyone else think the OP is really catchy?

Riptos - Aug 5, 2013

4 by Klefki_of_Awsome »»
Apr 6, 2023 6:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.