Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 9, 2011 6:06 AM

Aug 2010
This started out as my least favorite show this season, but now I have to confess, that I actually kinda like where things are going. I hope they keep it up, it will be nice a series if they do so. I'm sad to see Margarite go, would have been a nice addition to the team. Also Misaki... poor girl gets her heart crushed multiple times, I feel sorry for her.

5/5
Mogami-kunFeb 9, 2011 6:16 AM
Feb 9, 2011 6:45 AM

Aug 2010
Well, interesting episode...Maruga is an interesting person and doing that so nonchalantly in front of Rose was quite something...not that I didn't expect though...I think Maruga will work with George but that may be just me xD
Feb 9, 2011 7:31 AM
Jun 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
It was a foolish misunderstanding of Ryuuji that put Rose alone with George and almost killed if he had not come on time. Therefore it goes back to Ryuuji being ignorant is what IMO is.
I thought she fly to George by her own,...

George=Ryuuji=Racism=Ignorant

Anyway,^^
George seem to be very old for his own age....I guess most western people look more older compare to Asian .
Feb 9, 2011 9:39 AM

Jul 2009
MARUGA IS REALLY REALLY CUTE.
GEORGE IS CUTE TOO.

Those are my thoughts on the episode.
I want to see more of Maruga's pouting.
(I also didn't realize she was the one Yui Horie was playing, but now it makes Immoralist sound even prettier to me!)
Feb 9, 2011 3:56 PM

Jun 2009
Kinda solid episode to be honest, i guess this was the best one yet. Waiting for girl with 2 different eyes next episode, finally. \o/
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 9, 2011 5:54 PM

Nov 2009
The story involving the dragon and woman was great, sad that things had to happen like that to cause him to become so angry.

I also think that they shouldn't try to 'blind' Rose just to keep her safe. Ryuuji needs to be more straight forward, I don't like how he interacts with Rose at most times throughout the show.
Feb 10, 2011 1:29 AM

Oct 2010
MorningGlory said:
Yumekichi11 said:
It was a foolish misunderstanding of Ryuuji that put Rose alone with George and almost killed if he had not come on time. Therefore it goes back to Ryuuji being ignorant is what IMO is.
I thought she fly to George by her own,...George=Ryuuji=Racism=Ignorant
Well yes she did but that's only because she wanted to confront George about Ryuuji's view of him and confirm he may be like that.
MorningGlory said:
Anyway,^^
George seem to be very old for his own age....I guess most western people look more older compare to Asian .
ROFL, he is only 19 years but he lookd more mature, that I will agree with.
Void_Seeker said:
OK fine they are both at fault but Ryuuji should be the one to took the more mature responsibility in all this IMO.
Gangler said:

Etou is starting to bug me. Not because of anything she's doing. She's an adorable character. She's cute and likeable, and in another series she would be a high point. This being said it's starting to look like they're treating Ryuuji X Rose pretty seriously. They're not OTP, they're a legitimate couple. I don't need love triangles set up around a committed relationship. Nothing good comes of that. All that leads to is Zero no Tsukaima situations where the relationship is incapable of advancing and every other harem member looks like a whore for trying to steal the man when they're both clearly committed and love eachother. Or worse, School Days situations, which I just don't need in this show. Hopefully we'll help Etou move on to some other guy and then this can become an awesome show that has awesome relationships rather than a terrible show that has fanservice and distasteful interactions.
I agree with you fully on this and the examples you have shown. It was very close to it near the end of this episode to being like that.
Gangler said:
Maruga was fun. It'll be nice to see her again, but only if they don't make her part of the harem. She and George could actually make a pretty cute couple. Don't see that happening, but the option's open.

Yes! I want Maruga and George join up forces and George to give up on his beliefs to unite with Magura and show that change is possible.
Gangler said:
If he comes back as an ally I can't see him being much more than a goofy sidekick who's strong at first but quickly fails to keep up with Ryuuji's growth. Like how poor krillin was the strongest human in existence, but was useless throughout all of Dragonball Z because everyone else was an Uber OP Alien. When everone else can destroy planets with a thought, Krillin's little energy disk isn't really impressive. I see a similar situation with George should he become an ally.

I can see where you are going but then definitely make him save Ryuuji with a random appearance and leave it as that to either join him in his cause or just leave just like that.
Gangler said:
Learning about the Cursed Precious was good. Some nice backstory for Ryuuji. I didn't like that he could just vaporize the sword like that though. A weapon of that caliber shouldn't be destroyed so easily. Furthermore, Ryuuji hadn't been shown to have that much control over his powers, and specifically said he couldn't use the dagger in a way that wouldn't be lethal. Suddenly being able to pinpoint the sword while wrapping tendrils of flame around the man once they'd become engaged was just stupid. "No! I can't control all this Power! I know! Let's give me even more power, then I'll be able to control it!"
I think you might have missed my point with how Rose is actually the fire that burned the sword with a form being seen but you have to pause it and observe that. That being said, it was Rose who controlled that flame to go to the sword. Ryuuji just aimed it at George.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 10, 2011 1:47 AM

Dec 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
OK fine they are both at fault but Ryuuji should be the one to took the more mature responsibility in all this IMO.
Well I wouldn't disagree with you on this, but since he was under pressure, I would let that pass. ;)

Yumekichi11 said:
That being said, it was Rose who controlled that flame to go to the sword. Ryuuji just aimed it at George.
It's definitely true the fire came from Rose, but I don't think Ryuuji's contribution was just to aim the dagger. Come on, it was also due to his Level 10 Breaker ability to be able to handle that dagger, and that dagger's ability must have something to do with being able to fuse with that fire. Plus, Rose's fire alone shouldn't have been able to work (if it could work alone, Rose could have just shoot at George without Ryuuji's help), so that was why the fire must be launched from Ryuuji's dagger. So Ryuuji was contributing his power as well.
Void_SeekerFeb 10, 2011 1:51 AM
Feb 10, 2011 2:18 AM

Oct 2010
Void_Seeker said:
Yumekichi11 said:
That being said, it was Rose who controlled that flame to go to the sword. Ryuuji just aimed it at George.
It's definitely true the fire came from Rose, but I don't think Ryuuji's contribution was just to aim the dagger. Come on, it was also due to his Level 10 Breaker ability to be able to handle that dagger, and that dagger's ability must have something to do with being able to fuse with that fire. Plus, Rose's fire alone shouldn't have been able to work (if it could work alone, Rose could have just shoot at George without Ryuuji's help), so that was why the fire must be launched from Ryuuji's dagger. So Ryuuji was contributing his power as well.
OK I agree with that except that Ryuuji's experience with Lost Precious seems to contradict that. The way I see it was more of his emotions being a contribution to it. That was shown with Rose being affirmative in saving George. So Ryuuji really used more his instinct than anything. Rose is the true heroine in there with her feelings. Ryuuji just agreed with her about it. That's just IMO.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 10, 2011 2:52 AM

Sep 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Gangler said:

Etou is starting to bug me. Not because of anything she's doing. She's an adorable character. She's cute and likeable, and in another series she would be a high point. This being said it's starting to look like they're treating Ryuuji X Rose pretty seriously. They're not OTP, they're a legitimate couple. I don't need love triangles set up around a committed relationship. Nothing good comes of that. All that leads to is Zero no Tsukaima situations where the relationship is incapable of advancing and every other harem member looks like a whore for trying to steal the man when they're both clearly committed and love eachother. Or worse, School Days situations, which I just don't need in this show. Hopefully we'll help Etou move on to some other guy and then this can become an awesome show that has awesome relationships rather than a terrible show that has fanservice and distasteful interactions.
I agree with you fully on this and the examples you have shown. It was very close to it near the end of this episode to being like that.

Yeah, that was a little too close for comfort. This being said it did kind of push rose into action a bit, and Maruga didn't seem like she meant it romantically. Hopefully it'll just serve to aid in their development. It's kind of hard to not grasp that we're talking about romantic love when she's asking for marriage. At the very least it forces him to start asking questions like "does she fully understand what she's saying?" which should also serve the development of their relationship.

Yumekichi11 said:

Gangler said:
Maruga was fun. It'll be nice to see her again, but only if they don't make her part of the harem. She and George could actually make a pretty cute couple. Don't see that happening, but the option's open.

Yes! I want Maruga and George join up forces and George to give up on his beliefs to unite with Magura and show that change is possible.

I wouldn't want him to give up his beliefs. Just because he's willing to judge a man based on his actions doesn't mean he has to stop being a holy man. That's a cool part of his character.
Yumekichi11 said:

Gangler said:
If he comes back as an ally I can't see him being much more than a goofy sidekick who's strong at first but quickly fails to keep up with Ryuuji's growth. Like how poor krillin was the strongest human in existence, but was useless throughout all of Dragonball Z because everyone else was an Uber OP Alien. When everone else can destroy planets with a thought, Krillin's little energy disk isn't really impressive. I see a similar situation with George should he become an ally.

I can see where you are going but then definitely make him save Ryuuji with a random appearance and leave it as that to either join him in his cause or just leave just like that.

Yeah, full blown enemy isn't necessarily required, but he shouldn't be a full blown ally either. There's a whole lot of middle ground, and ultimately it'd be nice to create a scenario where sometimes they're on the same side and sometimes they're not. The problem is it's easiest to write that kind of scenario when he has a motive that isn't evil but clearly differs from the protagonist (eg money). If they're both just questing for what's good and noble and attempting to help out the dragons and such it won't really work.

This being said, if we were to set him up as a good guy who's vision of the greater good differs from Ryuuji's more naive ideals that would probably work best. Really though I'm just concerned about a great character not being properly utilized, so whatever they do, as long as they make it work I'll be happy.

Yumekichi11 said:

Gangler said:
Learning about the Cursed Precious was good. Some nice backstory for Ryuuji. I didn't like that he could just vaporize the sword like that though. A weapon of that caliber shouldn't be destroyed so easily. Furthermore, Ryuuji hadn't been shown to have that much control over his powers, and specifically said he couldn't use the dagger in a way that wouldn't be lethal. Suddenly being able to pinpoint the sword while wrapping tendrils of flame around the man once they'd become engaged was just stupid. "No! I can't control all this Power! I know! Let's give me even more power, then I'll be able to control it!"
I think you might have missed my point with how Rose is actually the fire that burned the sword with a form being seen but you have to pause it and observe that. That being said, it was Rose who controlled that flame to go to the sword. Ryuuji just aimed it at George.

Honestly I'm skeptical of this. I saw the eyes in the fire too, but I don't think it necessarily means Rose metamorphosed or anything. There are a lot of reasons magical fire would look like that.

I'd be open to the suggestion that it's a team effort, so Rose was compensating for Ryuuji's inexperience. The only problem with this is that Rose herself shouldn't be any more skilled that Ryuuji. She hasn't done this any more than he has. She barely has control of her own powers and I'm to believe that this foreign powerup she can control perfectly?

Heck, come to think of that, it applies to if she metamorphosed into the fire as well. How come she's so good at using that form? How come she was capable of being so close to George without burning him and then creating enough heat to vaporize the sword, which must be a feat of enormous skill and delicacy.

Heck, I still don't think the sword should have been destroyed so easily at all even with their control. It's a legendary level ten artifact. They're not made to break easily. Plus it's an ice artifact so it probably just sucks heat up like a sponge. There's no way you can achieve full heat when it's around.

Obviously there are pieces I'm missing. They just need to explain it properly, make the details clear. There must have been easily a couple paragraphs of narrative explaining why that worked. Drop some of those details into the conversation after the fight or something. The only real explanations right now are outlandish hypothetical and I'd like to have something that was at least a little bit supported by information we already have. I'm not opposed to having to puzzle it out, but I shouldn't have to just make up my own explanation out of nothing.

Truth be told I originally thought it was going to be a magic purging flame of some kind that would just remove the curse. Flames are often shown to be purifying. That would have been a totally legitimate approach.
Feb 10, 2011 3:35 AM

Jun 2009
Lefake said:
...............Nah...He does care about Rose. I mean, sure I understand he doesn't want her to reveal her dragon form to prevent her from getting killed by George. But the problem with these protagonists is that they care about the girl's safety and well being. With this mindset blinding them, they fail to listen to what the girl really wants.

That aside, I see that Black organization still hasn't given up on Rose yet, sending that agent to the chapel (I cant remember her name, but she was definitely seen with Onyx). And what's with that weird mask in Ryuuji's flashback?

If you are wondering about Ryuuji and that weird mask thing in his flashback, you can check this link about that matter:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=281250&show=120#post125

Feb 10, 2011 6:30 PM

May 2010
Pretty good ep.
Ryuji is starting to build up his harem.
Feb 11, 2011 1:12 AM

May 2008
So thats the freaking reward? lol

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Feb 11, 2011 9:06 AM
May 2010
I hope i will like the next episode, wolf girl yipee!!
Feb 11, 2011 11:51 AM

Jul 2010
Great episode. I like the way things got resolved with the sword and George. George is actually a good guy. Shame he got possessed by Maruga's uncle and the sword got destroyed. Maruga was really cute in this episode and the reward she gave Ryuuji was pretty good I'd say! ^^

Wolf girl up next! =D

Feb 11, 2011 4:50 PM

Jan 2009
The fights weren't particularly interesting, but the story line's advancing. Wondering where it'll go next week.
Feb 11, 2011 10:22 PM

Nov 2010
Hurray for more girls being added to harem, lets see how this ends...
Feb 12, 2011 12:10 PM

Jan 2011
you can't argue with maruga's reasoning there.
Hide behind the mighty wall of internet, i shall
Feb 12, 2011 11:57 PM

Jun 2009
Episode 5 turned out really nice, It marked the end of the White Dragon Arc from the second volume of the Light Novels. I was really happy of how the story was well presented and how they didn't lose the characters developments compared to the original work. Dragon Crisis still has that nice feeling that we saw in the first episode. To tell you the truth, I was afraid that the Anime Adaptions might lose some of it's story strong points and that we might don't grasp the characters personality so the fan will just lose the interest in it, well you could say I have seen many bad experiences for Light Novels had gotten the anime adaptions then to get screwed and butchered by the anime directors and lose all story charming points. Fortunately, that didn't happen here, I am finding myself just enjoying watching Dragon Crisis.

So The story is going at good pace so far, 5 Episodes for 2 Volumes from the Light Novel...

Feb 14, 2011 2:15 AM
Mar 2008
Wasabi said:
Needs less school friends. They're annoying.

^^

So many essays haha. I'm certain we will see more white dragon goodness later.
Loving it so far, S2 plz.
And, I need the music now! never before has music fired me up in every scene in anime before.
Feb 16, 2011 6:01 PM

Nov 2007
meh I dropped this shit but George was cool a real bro. the white dragon empress was all right too. was hoping they'd hook up. I still hate hate hate Rose.
Feb 16, 2011 10:10 PM

Dec 2010
This episode was great! The melting swimsuit is one kickass lost precious ;).

The fighting was pretty good itself with Georg swinging thatswor like a maniac. I'm surprised at how well they told the story of the sword so well (with the guy taking a boy hostage as a visual).

I laughed at the ending when Rose says let's get married haha

Feb 24, 2011 3:19 PM
Mar 2010
good episode, but I don't know if I'll watch next episodes, because this show don't attract me very much, I'll decide later..............

next(?) to 6th ep
Mar 3, 2011 11:25 PM

Apr 2009
Now the harem officially expanded, 2 dragons and 1 human girl. What's next? A wolf girl with heterochromia? Let's add time travelers, espers and aliens too! Just joking! XD
tofeiMar 3, 2011 11:28 PM
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Mar 5, 2011 6:17 AM
Jan 2010
Lol @ Rose when she said : Lets get married right now xD.

Very entertaining anime serie and very high detailed :)
Apr 2, 2011 1:20 PM

Apr 2010
One of the best things about this anime is definitely the music.

If you don't remember something, it never happened. If you aren't remembered, you never existed. <3
Apr 24, 2011 9:21 AM
Jul 2018
hahaha i love it when rose is all jelly

kawaii
May 2, 2011 5:03 PM

Jul 2010
choyos said:
Lol at the whole episode. Pretty fun stuff, I didn't like the fight to much tho. Maybe a little to rushed?
Ahh the best parts for imo:

yay for ice princess girl!!

May 22, 2011 9:20 AM

Feb 2010
Magura was so pretty ;____;

Jun 11, 2011 9:30 AM

Mar 2011
Sweet! Now Ryuji has a high ranking dragon noble on side! That will come in handy!

Good ep and Im glad that George didn't die. I liked him!
Oct 13, 2012 7:24 PM

Oct 2012
So George went ballistic (as I suspected he would), the sword got destroyed or rather cleansed, and Rose is getting jealous?? Isn't she a little too young to be thinking about marriage?
Jun 24, 2013 3:40 PM

May 2012
Really great episode, nice action and just a cute ending! Lets see what case is next!
Jun 25, 2017 6:26 PM

May 2015
George was truly a good guy... it is a shame that MC must have all of the girl love him BS powers prevented him from getting close to Margarite Maruga. Don’t get me wrong I like this MC but I think authors needs to stop making all the freaking ladies that appear in a romance semi harem media fall for the same freaking guy can’t they think of a little variety to separate from the rest in the same genre...? *Sigh*
Apr 18, 2020 12:26 PM
Jan 2018
It was pretty obvious what the mask flashback was they mention it more then once in this episode
Apr 18, 2021 2:56 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh so it was more complex than I thought, the sword was a cursed precious with the white dragon girl's uncle... well at least they managed to save George so that's fine, I feel bad for that other girl who loves MC though lol
May 26, 2022 2:37 AM

May 2019
The first 3 episodes where really rough. But episode 4 + 5 where fun and good :) Rose is not annoying anymore!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 28, 2011

178 by slepice24 »»
Mar 29, 4:32 PM

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sirwence - Feb 21, 2011

65 by OweynLupton »»
May 26, 2023 12:26 PM

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 10, 2011

159 by White_Alice »»
May 22, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hoppy - Jan 24, 2011

138 by Skirroz98_NL »»
May 25, 2022 2:55 PM

Poll: » Dragon Crisis! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hoppy - Mar 21, 2011

82 by Ashhk »»
Apr 18, 2021 6:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.