Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2023 10:40 AM
Oct 2020
Very intriguing story, but the animation is the best thing about this so far. It’s really pretty
Apr 1, 2023 10:46 AM

Jan 2022
lol, so this is basically, promise NeverLand done right. this show looks promising and interesting. I can't wait to see more.
Apr 1, 2023 10:59 AM

Jun 2014
I have no idea what to expect from this but it's off to a solid start. I feel bad for Maru, he seems to think of Kiruko as more than just his bodyguard so for her to only think of him as a thing she's protecting had to sting. And I had a feeling the innkeeper tampered with their food when she walked away from the pot while cooking, I guess it was to keep them knocked out while she fights that monster abomination. I'm intrigued to see how, if at all, Maru and Kiruko's side of the story intersects with the schoolkids' side of the story. It's too early to judge from a single episode but I'm hoping this turns out to be a good one from this season. 
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 1, 2023 11:08 AM
Mar 2020
Amazing first episode!
The art and animation is REALLY good.
Apr 1, 2023 11:10 AM

Oct 2020
Absolutely amazing first episode.
Apr 1, 2023 11:14 AM

Jul 2015
Great first episode I quite enjoyed it. Everything looks astounding.
Apr 1, 2023 11:18 AM
Apr 1, 2023 11:23 AM

Apr 2018
A very cinematic direction. The quality of the production to this level is not what I expected, but if this continues with the fluid animation used in the action scenes where Maru displayed his fighting skills and Kiroku using her laserbeam, then it'll be incredible. I can't forget the camera movements used during the fight and the different types of angles to show the world building. It seems like they're going all out in every aspect of the production. So, all that matters is for the story to be interesting enough and not a cheap copy of what I get reminded of. I'm sure it is isn't like that, it caught my attention, so I just want it to be like this for every other episode. The character interaction were also so fun, they've got a great bond together. The ending song is so good, opening was decent. Well, the house keeper drugged the kids either to protect them or to feed them. Interesting first episode and can't wait for the rest.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 1, 2023 11:29 AM

Nov 2021
The animation is really clean and good thing it’s available on Hotstar.
Apr 1, 2023 11:36 AM

Apr 2021
Good first episode. Ireally like these kinds of post apocalyptic survival series with mystery in it. I wonder how long it's been since The Collapse.
Apr 1, 2023 11:36 AM

Dec 2019
Visually gorgeous in terms of animation, backgrounds and directing. Can already tell this is going to be the best looking show of the season, hope it manages to gather up some hype since it's still pretty obscure.
Apr 1, 2023 11:39 AM
Aug 2022
That cliffhanger is doing numbers on me
Apr 1, 2023 11:51 AM

Jul 2010
Looks absolutely gorgeous but wtf is that pacing?
I haven't read entire manga just yet (like 5 or so chapters) but this episode felt extremely rushed.
I personally like quick-paced shows, but here so much happens, you can't enjoy quiet moments, we are constantly jumping from Event A to B to C to D. Probably just me, huh.

(UPD. Yup 4 chapters into a single episode... you guys really need to slow down a bit)
TheMangaManiacApr 1, 2023 12:18 PM
Apr 1, 2023 12:01 PM

Nov 2013
This is just my cup of tea. Great first episode. Marvelous graphics. Post-apocalypse + sci-fi. Lovin it.
Apr 1, 2023 12:13 PM
Oct 2020
Anyone in the US having trouble finding it on hulu? I've been searching and it's not there.
Apr 1, 2023 12:19 PM

Oct 2022
I didnt expect that ending. I thought it’d be a chill anime but its not.(apparently)
Very interesting~

👻🎃 🎃👻

Apr 1, 2023 12:31 PM
Aug 2015
Production IG was cooking with this one. It looked absolutely incredible.
Apr 1, 2023 12:33 PM
Jan 2018
Pretty good starting episode, hoping they keep up the quality.
Apr 1, 2023 12:41 PM
Jun 2021
FODAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Apr 1, 2023 12:59 PM
Sep 2022
IT WAS FREAKING EXCELLENT! I WILL WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODES. NOW I HAVE TOTALLY POSITIVE FIRST EXPRESSIONS! 9/10 👍

P. S: And yeah, I really loved this scene. It's awesome 🤩
Apr 1, 2023 1:12 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Definitely reminiscent of Neverland's initial premise, albeit in a more dystopian setting

Not super hyped about the characters so far but it's a potentially interesting story setup at least. Just gonna have to see where they take it
Apr 1, 2023 1:12 PM

Jul 2019
KANLen09 said:

A somewhat rushed beginning, though Production i.G's production holds up, and BiSH's OP is fine (song-wise).
Nevertheless, it has potential.

I don't think this is rushed at all. I read the manga and it was a pretty good adaption. Not much skipped
Apr 1, 2023 1:13 PM
Sep 2022
very good, nice animation, cool due
Apr 1, 2023 1:14 PM

Jul 2019
Read the first volume of the manga and this is a pretty good adaption. Almost 1 to 1 adaption but they did skip some random scenes that really don't serve much overall so you won't even notice them missing. 

IG really pulled their a game on this with the visuals. Atmospheric, fluid and lively animation with great character acting. 
Apr 1, 2023 1:14 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Very good animation for sure. I got the most from it when the water boiled and the crow started their flight but other moments are to be mentioned as well. In terms of the setting, we have two places maybe far apart in time, maybe not. There's two travelling characters through the collapsed world and a lot of others in a "paradise" of sorts. They have to eventually collide, right?

I'll keep my eye on this one.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Apr 1, 2023 1:25 PM
Jun 2022
Very good start. The trailer for this pulled me in immediately but damn this episode only made me more interested in the story. Can't wait for more.
Apr 1, 2023 1:37 PM
Jun 2022
damn what an amazing episode. Production IG cooked
Apr 1, 2023 1:52 PM

Apr 2015
Amazing first episode, love the directing and the animation is stellar. Characters seem likeable enough too and the story was intriguing/suspenseful enough to keep me on the edge of my seat for the entire episode. Didn't have this show as something I planned to watch this season, but I saw the praise in the comments and decided to give this first episode a shot and did not regret it. Hopefully this isn't just a first episode kind of thing where the rest of the story becomes mediocre, but a very promising start for sure.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Apr 1, 2023 2:02 PM

Jul 2014
This gives me the most TPN vibes ever. I'm guessing the woman put something in their food so they sleep and she takes care of the beast? Looks interesting so far , I'll have to keep watching it
Apr 1, 2023 2:33 PM
Nov 2022
I found the episode very interesting, it seems that the anime has a fairly deep lore and that really caught my attention, I really don't know anything about it, I just read the synopsis and watched it, I really couldn't give a better opinion.

The best thing would be to wait for the second episode.
Apr 1, 2023 2:43 PM

May 2018
Interesting first episode, impressive art and animation, although I don't really like the character designs. I love the backgrounds more than anything tho. I'm not particularly interested in any of the characters, but it's alright so far. This season is starting off quite strong ngl. Looking forward to watch the next episode.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 1, 2023 2:47 PM

Nov 2013
The ending scene. Am I imagining things or the inn owner seems to be in "cahoots" with the bird (Didin't seem like the bird was about to get inside the house. Nor did the woman look fearful for her life. She did also act strangely and grabbed the knife when the bird's name was mentioned), is likely feeding guests to it, drugged our MCs (hence why they fell asleep "strangely quickly"), and maybe even used human flesh in her food (some kind of boar meat she said. Human flesh and pig flesh tend to be similar... Yikes...)? That would be messed up but pretty usual occurrence in post-apocalypse worlds. Did anyone have the same suspicion when watching? 
Apr 1, 2023 2:51 PM
Jul 2014
Should’ve kept the nips like in the manga. The manga doesn’t really shy away from nudity. You even see pubes. Weird that they made this PG-13 when it’s a Seinen series to begin with.
Apr 1, 2023 3:02 PM
Mar 2020
Man, it has to be said again, this anime looks amazing.
Apr 1, 2023 3:42 PM

Oct 2017
That was really good, the visuals and art style were particularly great ^^
And they keep some secrets that make you want to keep watching

Never heard of the manga so it's totally new for me and I enjoyed this and will keep watching! 

PS: Disney+ is really starting to have some great anime stuff for real (yes, it's on D+ in Europe)
EzerealApr 1, 2023 3:46 PM
Apr 1, 2023 3:52 PM

Jul 2021
I'm always up for some sc-fi dystopian stuff and this is a promising first episode. It had a way better animation than the premiere of Jigokuraku, by a miles. 
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 1, 2023 4:04 PM
Feb 2021
Where have y’all watched? I can’t find it on Hulu, isn’t it supposed to streaming there?
Apr 1, 2023 4:17 PM
Jan 2022
Loved it!

A mix of mystery and dystopia and human relationships

Got Last of Us vibes so I'm hoping it can continue strongly and not dip
Apr 1, 2023 4:28 PM

Sep 2016
Really love the aesthetics of this anime. Reminds me very heavily of Chainsaw Man with the way everything looks. Incredible backgrounds, super clean character art and a bit of blur here and there to really make it look filmic.
Apr 1, 2023 4:34 PM

Mar 2016
I had read the manga out of curiosity yesterday, so I don't have much to say about the story itself.

The animation and art were so beautiful! Just so full of life! It's been so hard to find anime with art as good as this recently.

I really liked the voice acting. None of the characters felt like they were trying too hard to sound cute or overly pleasant.

So far, compared to the manga, the unnecessary fanservice seems to have been decreased, which is something I appreciate.

The anime rearranged a few things and cut out a few others, and still made it work! I like it when adaptations are brave enough to make slight changes to fit a new medium.

There was something I didn't like as much: the speed at which the dialogues were delivered. I wish they used some dramatic pauses to heighten the weight of words and scenes.

When Mimihime says someone with Tokio's face will save her, I wish they'd cut to Maru's scene like the manga had, letting us know the two stories are connected. Well, it wasn't a big change anyway. But, it still felt like a missed opportunity.
Apr 1, 2023 4:36 PM
Jan 2022
The animation is gorgeous and the history looks interesting. I will keep an eye on it
Apr 1, 2023 4:49 PM
Aug 2021
I can already tell this will be one of the best non-sequels this season
Apr 1, 2023 5:36 PM
May 2022
SoraSenpai said:
Solid first episode. I am intrigued as to what happened to the world but I kind of have an inclination as to what it is. Aliens, monsters, etc.

Man seeing that couple in bed holding hands...sadge.

They already put it out there that Maru has some feeling for Kiruko so we will see where that leads us.

looking forward to more.
the only thing that i'm kind of scared about is that those feelings might ruin everything if SHE has no feelings for him. judging by the fact that they are 15 and 20... but at the same time they are somewhat close... man idk just have to wait and see
Apr 1, 2023 5:38 PM
Dec 2021
awesome episode i saw the fight scenes were smooth
Apr 1, 2023 5:48 PM
Dec 2022
Seems like the place called “Heaven” they’re looking for is the place Tokio is in? If it is I have a feeling it’s not really heaven at all and it may be worse than the outside. Or I could be wrong but this is my guess. Awesome first episode so far!
Apr 1, 2023 6:03 PM

May 2016
good episode and love the animation and how the characters look.
Apr 1, 2023 6:08 PM
Aug 2020
Great and engaging starting. Hoping this won't be a disappointment.
Apr 1, 2023 6:08 PM
Jul 2020
Interesting, I think I'm going to like the world-building. The animation style is also very good, as well as the chemistry between Hiruko and Maru. This will be one of the best anime this season.

Apr 1, 2023 6:16 PM

Apr 2022
that was an interesting start, mystery vibes. liked the dystopian environment, gave me the last of us vibes. the OSTs and animation is really good too, production I.G didn't disappoint.
that fight sequence was really cool. liked that lady warning the MCs about incest relationships lmao and that scene of her with the gun looked cool. we even got some ass.
my only gripe is some of the character designs but it can be overlooked, looking forward to the rest of this.

Unleashed_SM said:
Should’ve kept the nips like in the manga. The manga doesn’t really shy away from nudity
woah really? guess it time to check out the manga :P
Apr 1, 2023 6:17 PM
Feb 2023
Um ótimo ep pra um começo de temporada
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2023

243 by HoneyBees91 »»
Yesterday, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2023

465 by JoJu2008 »»
May 25, 5:24 PM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

476 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 25, 1:55 PM

» Kiriko and Haruki are blood related?

abuudai - May 16

10 by P1Sanctum »»
May 22, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Tengoku Daimakyou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 20, 2023

298 by Creepyy »»
May 21, 11:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.