Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Betrayal Knows My Name
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 17, 2010 6:45 AM

Oct 2008
Kotomi_Yuzuki said:
Well, I don't dislike it, but It's just too similiar to Vampire Knight or Angel Sanctuary. More to VK. Come on, the same graphic, these eyes(!) and all story. We'l see how It'll be, but for me It's about 6/10 for now.

FYI Odagiri Hotaru (UraBoku's mangaka) has had that art style even way before Hino Matsuri (VK's mangaka) debuted as a manga artist. >__>
Apr 17, 2010 3:33 PM

May 2008
Well, if this is really just a light BL then maybe I'll keep watching this. I'm not used to this kind of stuff but judging from the first episode, it's quite dark and dramatic and the art is just gorgeous.
I liked the starting, but what will bring us the continuation...
Apr 17, 2010 4:13 PM

Sep 2009
As someone who isn't particularly fond of Yaoi (read: straight male), I question why the hell I ever gave this show a chance. I can't think what the hell inspired me to do it...

But to my surprise... this was actually a lot better than I expected.
Apr 17, 2010 4:20 PM

May 2009
I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed this. It was completely different from what I was expecting (less gay).
The story is very interesting so far... Yuki's "ability" is cool, the way he can look into other people's lives by touching them.
The animation was also really good and I like the art.
Apr 17, 2010 4:48 PM

Mar 2010
ShootTheBullet said:
Because there's only so much time I can spare in a day? If you have the time to keep watching something you're not sure you'd enjoy, by all means, do it. Between that and something I know I'd enjoy, I would definitely put the latter in higher priority. If I don't get to the rest (e.g. UraBoku, or sitting in front of a screen for hours altogether), what can I do - c'est la vie. How I spend my spare time is entirely up to me. No one has a right to judge me for that.

Who forced you to watch it? If you don't like it, than don't, that's a complete other thing to do. But instead of just "not watching it", you are talking trash, making senseless pre-jugdes and acting as if you'd know the whole story just from one episode. And yeah, I can - by all means - jugde you for that (and holy shit I do *lolz*).
There where just 24 minutes of time, and the story would have never fitted in completly - but hey, seems they really didn't try to put the whole story in one episde - how dare they?!xDD
You simply can not judge how good a story is from one episode, if it fits your taste is a complete different thing. So you just can't know if there is sense in what Utsuki does or not. If you don't want to know - fine. But comments like that above are something completly different.

ShootTheBullet said:
It does. I find it unbearable if the innuendo or fanservice is in my face, or the relationship they're trying to sell to me - the audience - is not convincing. Before anyone makes assumptions again, the sexual orientation does not matter. *rolleyes*

Oh, and you know UraBoku is BL just from one episode? Holy shit, I wish I would be that good to realize things that fast!!*rolls around laughing*
....*still needs to catch her breath from that*

So, and what kind of fanservice are you talking about? And what relationship?xD
Between Luca and Yuki? You don't even know the relatinship by now...*already off laughing again*
Oh, and besides, the one making stupid assumptions about the sexuel orientation was you in the first place, so I guess that's spitting in your own bowl part II *rolleyes*
Apr 17, 2010 5:47 PM

Mar 2008
I'm watching anime the wrong way! I am rating anime the wrong way! I am entertaining myself the wrong way!

And I am so afraid of being judged based on that.

Like I said in the other thread, if I missed a good show because I dropped it, that's my miss and I'm fine with it. I don't understand why you're getting all worked up about it. I am entitled to my opinion as you are yours. Nobody will drop or come to hate a show just because they read my opinion on it.
Apr 17, 2010 8:54 PM

Jun 2008
lalalalalalala *appears from nowhere singing the peace song*

Well, lets see the good stuff here: the art is gorgeous. The plot is interesting. there is no rape scenes like in yaoi. The soundtrack is good. the voice actors most of them, outstanding. The characters are a bit cliché, but who cares, they actually fit the story, so, no complaining to me.
im a yaoi fan and still, im satisfied with this soft shounen~ai. Its cute and it wasn't "gay" at all. To me, i see it as a fantasy, supernatural plot very interesting. Luka is HAWT, and Yuki was a cute woman on his past life. NO FANSERVICE. I DIDNT SEE ANYONE HALF NAKED THERE, SORRY.
i think that what they want to say is that true love surpasses time, difficulties, death, and gender. Even if this wasnt a shounen~ai i would still like it. and even as a shounen~ai, its quite good, because it has straight couples too. (did i felt a bit of incest coming from Touko and her brother? XP) and a good plot, so, i cant understand all the bad opinions of the first episode. but okay, everyone has the right to express their opinions. just try not to offend the charas, because of the fans here.
Also, why cant a guy watch a shounen~ai? we girls have to watch fanservice in all animes, with girls half naked with huge boobs everywhere, and i dont like it, but still, i dont complain.
and this was my huge opinion XD

Cant wait for the next ep!^.^

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Apr 18, 2010 4:53 AM

Oct 2007
Just when I thought there is a main girl in this Bishi show but it turned out she became a BOY. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 18, 2010 7:36 AM

Feb 2008
ShootTheBullet said:
I'm watching anime the wrong way! I am rating anime the wrong way! I am entertaining myself the wrong way!

And I am so afraid of being judged based on that.

Like I said in the other thread, if I missed a good show because I dropped it, that's my miss and I'm fine with it. I don't understand why you're getting all worked up about it. I am entitled to my opinion as you are yours. Nobody will drop or come to hate a show just because they read my opinion on it.

Just let it rest, none of us here care if you miss out on a great show nor if you miss out something you would have hated.

Its totally up to you what to do and what to think but if you claim truths about plot development being bad and not prioritized from watching one ep then you are indeed just shaming yourself.

If you want something to make "sense" then watching the next episode would be strongly recommended, I hope that makes sense to you.

You post a link to a thread about marketing anime shows today and how one episode is critical, creating questions that makes you want to know what happens and watch the next episode is exactly what that means. You had questions, it puzzled you, congratulations the animation did exactly what it was supposed to do.

Stop squirming and accept your mistake, you barely know a thing about this series so don't make posts as though you do.

I'm not a huge fan of these kinds of shows but found it decent and interesting, I don't know if I'll take the time to watch it we'll see. ^_^
Apr 18, 2010 8:07 AM

Mar 2010
Shuffleblade said:
Its totally up to you what to do and what to think but if you claim truths about plot development being bad and not prioritized from watching one ep then you are indeed just shaming yourself.

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant... ^^

ShootTheBullet said:

Wow... you're still not getting the point... or maybe you don't want to, who knows *rolleyes*

And yes, Touko and Tsukumo do have a very strong relationship... the girls from his fan club didn't believe her to be his sister and chaised her all around for being his girlfriend in a bonus story xD
Apr 18, 2010 3:30 PM

Nov 2007
Considering I watch this anime only for the seiyuu, having Soichirou Hoshi as the protagonist is a bit depressing. Ah well, I can still hope he turns into a girl for part of the time.
The plot was confusing, as expected from a first episode, but not so much that I had to look for a summary to understand what was going on.
OP was also likeable, but nothing outstanding.
Overall good for teh lulz.
Apr 18, 2010 5:01 PM

Nov 2007
DarcyD said:
My only worry is, is Yuki was a girl before 'she' somehow became a guy, does this mean Yuki will be a girl again? I certainly hope not. :(

And that is your worry? LOL. Shouldn't that be the solution :D

Also, for the first time I won't be watching something which has the following Seiyuus
Miyano Mamoru, Jun Fukuyama. Miki Shinichiro, Ono Daisuke and Kamiya Hiroshi.

F*ck they had to be all in a Shounen Ai.

Anyways, Gals, enjoy your BL, I will still only love you. <3
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 21, 2010 8:40 AM

Mar 2009
I liked that it was just gay enough to keep me interested.

Apr 25, 2010 10:53 AM

Aug 2007
-ignoring all the posts about shounen-ai-

Hmm, this was a pretty slow first episode. Needs more Zess. Also, banzai when I heard Jun. Opening and ending are both okay, but that's it. Seems like JC Staff does well with UraBoku.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Apr 29, 2010 5:24 AM

Feb 2009
Oh, this is boy love? Oh, well I'm still watching it's don't really matter.lol I like it's.
Apr 30, 2010 8:03 AM

Dec 2008
my first shounen-a
Apr 30, 2010 8:16 AM
May 2009
Honestly, I don't know why I watched this except for the fact that I had nothing else to watch (was waiting for other episodes to come out) but it was better than I thought as well. However, I really think that Tsukumo's (hope the spelling's right) voice suits Yuki's character better than his current voice. It's soft and gentle but without sounding quite so...blegh. I usually don't have a problem with voice acting but seriously, I twitched like every time Yuki talked.
Apr 30, 2010 1:31 PM

May 2008
I like this Anime it has a really good opening
Screw love i'd rather fall in chocolate!
May 25, 2010 12:47 PM

Nov 2008
Wow, this is some cheesy stuff.
And shonen-ai vibes can't save this for me.
May 27, 2010 9:00 PM

Dec 2009
Nice to see they don't kiss or fall in love from the first episode xD
Jul 27, 2010 11:16 AM

Mar 2008
Why is everyone so much against shonen-ai here? oO
don't get it since this is already classified as shonen-ai..
*likes shonen ai*
in fact, i hope there's gonna be a kiss-scene in the end.. xD *coughs* gakuen heaven *coughs*
seems interesting but also kinda boring.. i really love the artwork but the story doesn't seem that interesting somehow.. also the "drama" was kinda fail..
i do like the artwork though. very much! :)
Jul 27, 2010 11:28 AM
Jul 2010
loved the episode!!! i'm so excited to watch the rest. luca is so freaking sexy!! i'm trying to find a good site to watch it on, any suggestions?
Sep 3, 2010 3:58 PM

May 2010
I'm really enjoying it so far. For some reason the style reminds me of Vampire Knight, though.
Mar 17, 2011 8:27 PM
Dec 2010
Watching this first episode i was somehow reminded of sailor moon, the cider house rules, death note and vampire knight all at once
..?
Mar 2, 2013 11:27 AM

Jan 2012
Each character is sexier another. This fact is the only plus in anime. The chapter is bored for me and I would not watch the extension if I don't like the protagonists. 4/5
Aug 1, 2013 10:17 PM

Jan 2008
This was pretty interesting i had a feeling it was him that sent those letters to him after he was talking to Yuki but so far it is okay well I liked it i wouldnt say i loved it though.

Character design is nice though.
Nov 23, 2014 2:18 PM

Jul 2012
I like it so far. Nice mystery and character art.

Stellar voice cast. I guessed like three of them off the top of my head~ Fukujun, Takapiro, Ishida Akira :D
Feb 1, 2017 9:16 AM

Mar 2016
The first time I saw Luka I was like "shit, I wanna cosplay that mf" right away. Goddamn, I never have fallen in love with a character this fast.
Plot is okay, not bad but not really that great, but oh shit, characters are just hot as hell.

Apr 18, 2021 10:22 PM

Jan 2021
I will admit Yuki’s voice doesn’t even sound that bad :/
Mar 16, 1:55 PM
Jun 2021
Rewatching so it was kinda funny watching the dramatic scenes again- black-haired, emo guy that isn't Kanata (the male-lead, if you will) reminds me a lot of Shiki from Togainu no Chi with his overall appearance and clothing. Even though white-haired dude rarely made an appearance this ep. I love him already.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Episode 5 Discussion

SephiriAzure - May 9, 2010

47 by ThatWheatFlour »»
Mar 18, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Episode 4 Discussion

The_Punisher - May 2, 2010

37 by ThatWheatFlour »»
Mar 17, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Episode 2 Discussion

starrysky - Apr 18, 2010

48 by ThatWheatFlour »»
Mar 16, 2:35 PM

» Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru 2nd season???

meowskie - Sep 20, 2010

21 by misscherie »»
Nov 1, 2023 12:42 PM

Poll: » Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Episode 3 Discussion

Airitoizzy - Apr 25, 2010

30 by Lubianka_ »»
Aug 28, 2023 5:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.