Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kobato.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2010 5:41 PM

Aug 2009
i liked this anime it could have been way better.
And it lacked alot of romance..... the end made it seem like v kobato was a lost daughter lmao...I agree ^ I wish they added more storyline into kobato showing more in depth details about each main character and how they came to be . Like iyorogi and how he became a stuffed an animal and how kobato died. I didnt read the manga and dont plan to.
Mar 25, 2010 5:48 PM

Nov 2007
Congrats to Kobato for getting back her memories.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Mar 25, 2010 6:27 PM

May 2009
Well was suspecting this sort of ending. Not bad though not wowza! I enjoyed this series over all it was cute and warm so I give it a 8/10 but the story was way too lose in this anime. Which after starting reading the manga that was still being produced half way through made me realize that half this series is nothing but a series that used the original starting story and went it's own way. I still enjoyed it, and I will have the manga to look forward to now, wonder what parts are going to be different since I am almost positive being the manga is no where near completion that there will be a significant amount of difference between the two.
Mar 25, 2010 6:38 PM

Feb 2010
Nana-chii said:
...wonder what parts are going to be different since I am almost positive being the manga is no where near completion that there will be a significant amount of difference between the two.

For starters, Kobato's origin doesn't seem to be like in the anime at all, judging from the info gotten from Iorogi and Genko in the latest chapter.
Ku ku ku~
Mar 25, 2010 8:35 PM

May 2008
Wow CLAMP really did a great job i really enjoyed this
series till the end.
Mar 25, 2010 10:42 PM

Nov 2007
Hasn't anyone recalled that the story was supervised by CLAMP herself. So if the story sucks, blame CLAMP, not Madhouse (or whoever you want to blame).

It's CLAMP for heaven's sake! Of course the ending will be cliche! Argh.

Great ending, sort off, but I just wish they had build up Fujimoto and Kobato's relationship because Fujimoto (and Kobato)to be lovey dovey like that... it's weird. Maybe they should have done it like the manga?

Mar 26, 2010 2:43 AM

Aug 2008
love the ending. Ioryogi giving himself 100pts, okiura at the nursery etc, all so cute XDD

and loved it when fujimoto says 'you've kept me waiting for years' i almost nosebled. =P
Mar 26, 2010 3:33 AM

May 2009
I love everything about the ending: the setting and all people revolves around kobato showed up:

Firstly, the kids from the nursery has grown up, the angel that gave Kiyokazu a little push to move on, Domoto became a doctor, Yomogi nursery has been rebuilt, Ioryogi-san and the gang are still stuffed toys, the Chii twins, the bakery, the old lady on the first episode, the girl that lend Kobato an umbrella, the shady guy and the park is lively as ever.

And yeah, I agreed on this quote:

'You've kept me waiting for years. You're late again' - hehe.. quote of the day :3

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Mar 26, 2010 7:56 AM

Sep 2008
good this to see this ends.
the second last episode is very sad IMO.
i am glad they are together in the end. the ending is cliche but not so cheap that they just make kobato wish come true or revive her right away.
Mar 26, 2010 10:08 AM

Feb 2008
Here was I ready to give this show a 7, till I watched these last 2 episodes.
Simply loved them! Show gets an 8/10 from me.
Mar 26, 2010 10:31 AM
Jun 2008
I have no complaint on such good anime ^^
The combo of Kobato and Fujimoto are the greatest moment i guess
I will give a 100 point for Ioryogi -san
Mar 26, 2010 11:04 AM

Jan 2010
Wow, what a beautiful ending. It ended so perfectly, and I'm happy with every single thing that happened...
I hope they make babies now >.<

And awww! Ioryogi decided to stay with Kobato; he was always my favorite character <3
Mar 26, 2010 12:12 PM

Jun 2008
well, About the loli kobato with older Fujimoto...well, its CLAMP. Clamp loves yaoi, yuri and loli. I actually love their cliches. if anyone wants another loli couple by clamp just watch X. In X the anime, Yuzuriha has a Kobato personality and is in love with a much older guy. She also has a "dog".
Ioryogi must be a super hawt guy, and he will be the reason why i will keep reading the mangaXD

kobato should have a ova!XD

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Mar 26, 2010 12:31 PM

Aug 2008
ReiLuvsChii said:

Lawd, I'm sorry. I was a bit rage-y at the time, but now I'm a tad bit more calm knowing I'll never have to look at this again. I'm sorry if my thoughts and opinion offended you or anyone else in ANY way. I should have just lied and said that I thought this was the sweetest most original anime I have ever seen, and how beautifully touching and heartwarming the story was, and how the characters- I CAN'T DO IT. I CAN'T. I've seen some pretty terrible things before, but this takes the cake. I love how it didn't have a story till maybe the last 2 episodes. It was just so pointless. Sure, I do like episodic anime, I do. But... what the hell was this? The 'characters'...wait, were there characters in this anime..? I don't remember seeing any. Oh, there was a little blue dog though right? Yeah. The ending was cheesy. The only reason I never dropped it... I wanted to challenge myself. See if I could make it through this without killing myself. I did cry several times though... Kidding, I hate dropping anything even if it's THAT bad (oh, but I did cry. It was that painful). Anyone who gives this anime more than a 5 needs a slap to the face.

Oh, and as for CLAMP, they're overrated. Just because they're successful, doesn't mean they actually deserve all this praise. Now now, they have created some things that I've liked. I thought Clover was really nice (they never finished it...) and I adored xxxholic (they're crapping that up too though...) and CSS was cute as well. But they have yet to make anything that deserves much praising. I'll never understand how they're so popular.

I really tried to enjoy this anime, I truly did. I watch anime as a means of entertainment, and not because it's my LIFEEE. I don't hate CLAMP (too much) either. However, Kobato made everything so impossible. I'll never watch anything by CLAMP again. I've learned my lesson.

LOL! Best post.

Let's' breakdown what we spent 23-24 weeks watching:

Characters - 3
Everyone was flat and got some development forced at the end of their character arcs except for one person: the main character. Kobato remains dumb, aimless, and inconsiderate throughout the entirety of the show despite her failures. And yes, I do mean inconsiderate. Just because you do the right thing for the wrong reasons does not make you a good person. All her reasons for doing good felt utterly shallow, and lacking an understanding for any of the characters she was "helping."

Story - 2
What story? The only thing keeping me from giving it a 1 was the fact that there was maybe one good, memorable episode (the author and the fireflies), but even that was cliched as hell. Just like the titular character, the show is aimless, shallow, and inconsiderate of the audience, relying only on cuteness and gullible, emotionally immature audience to "get" it. Not one element of story-telling was successful, and the show constantly derailed itself to tell tangential tales instead of the main one. Not a single question was answered besides "What is Kobato?" We know little to nothing of her first wish, ie: her entire purpose for existence/motivation, what Ioryogi was, what caused her to die initially, and almost every other mechanical issue of the world itself. It's a travesty of writing/scripting.

Sound - 4
The show had one thing going for it. The main song that Kobato sings. Too bad the voice actress can barely carry a tune. Thankfully, there were enough permutations of the song in different arrangements, that it doesn't matter much. The voice actors are as flat as the characters, but can we really blame them, when they have nothing to work with? The actor for Ioryogi was perhaps the best, but even he was marred with flatness in areas that were outside his generally grumpy demeanor.

Art - 4
Like I said at the very beginning of the series, the whole show just looks terribly dated. Every choice from the character designs to the color palette only make the show look old. Nothing felt fresh or new about the art, and it only reflects the cliche of the show itself. To top all that off, there was a serious lack of animation, but that's only to be expected from the genre.

So Kobato is a generally subpar show. Nothing positive about the show stands out, even for it being such a "positive show." I'll take this time to direct people to a series like Aria that gets the uber-happy-slice-of-life-starring-pink-haired-moe-girls subgenre of shoujo right, and is done masterfully in nearly every way. No need to thank me, you'll be in a happy, sugar coma and you'll even get to cry true tears for stunning character development, and wonderful poignancy/beauty. The opposite of this mess of a show.

I give Kobato either a 3 or a 4. I'm not sure yet.
noteDheroMar 26, 2010 12:36 PM
Mar 26, 2010 12:38 PM

Nov 2008
^ FINALLY! I was waiting for a post like this!
Mar 26, 2010 2:52 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
MEH.

This ending is not CLAMP enough (WHERE is my ambiguity and need more hitsuzen mumbo-jumbo). I wonder if CLAMP actually chose this ending for the anime. Let's pretend this adaptation did not exist.....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 26, 2010 3:40 PM

May 2008
One of the saddest/happiest endings ever.

I had to up this series from an 8 to a 9 because of the last two episodes. So, Fujimoto becomes a lawyer and Domoto a doctor. Plus all the kids are grown up <3

Thankfully Kobato got her memories back. I guess it was obvious that would happen, since Kobato is something that HAD to of ended happily. I just wish it wasn't over..I really loved this anime.

...Oh. And I tend to notice that most of the people hating on it seem to be boys.

What were you expecting? A giant fucking mecha to come crashing out of the sky and kill everyone?
Go watch some fucking action anime if you're gonna whine over this.
StarPebblitMar 26, 2010 3:43 PM

Mar 26, 2010 3:53 PM
Nov 2008
ReiLuvsChii said:
AND IT ENDS. FINALLY... What a shitty ending. Not like I was expecting much. No, scratch that. I was hoping that even though this was the most painfully boring, and probably the most terrible thing I've ever seen... I was hoping it'd end good. Like, with Kobato just dying and never returning. Kobato was basically WISH, only more annoying. I guess I forgot it was CLAMP. I have lost all respect I once had for them. I didn't have much, but still. UGHH...

why don't you just shut up >_< really....my friends always tell me 'don't push yourself'...if you didn't like it why'd you have to forcefully watch it and then complain how sucky it is..your type of people i hate the most...

on topic: the last 2 episodes kept me on edge,it was very beautiful,the whole anime,madhouse did an excellent job...i don't really think another adaptation is needed [ even though the manga is ongoing and most probably endings and at some points the events changed]
I loved this anime from start to end.A 10 for me.
Mar 26, 2010 3:58 PM
Nov 2008
noteDhero said:
ReiLuvsChii said:

Lawd, I'm sorry. I was a bit rage-y at the time, but now I'm a tad bit more calm knowing I'll never have to look at this again. I'm sorry if my thoughts and opinion offended you or anyone else in ANY way. I should have just lied and said that I thought this was the sweetest most original anime I have ever seen, and how beautifully touching and heartwarming the story was, and how the characters- I CAN'T DO IT. I CAN'T. I've seen some pretty terrible things before, but this takes the cake. I love how it didn't have a story till maybe the last 2 episodes. It was just so pointless. Sure, I do like episodic anime, I do. But... what the hell was this? The 'characters'...wait, were there characters in this anime..? I don't remember seeing any. Oh, there was a little blue dog though right? Yeah. The ending was cheesy. The only reason I never dropped it... I wanted to challenge myself. See if I could make it through this without killing myself. I did cry several times though... Kidding, I hate dropping anything even if it's THAT bad (oh, but I did cry. It was that painful). Anyone who gives this anime more than a 5 needs a slap to the face.

Oh, and as for CLAMP, they're overrated. Just because they're successful, doesn't mean they actually deserve all this praise. Now now, they have created some things that I've liked. I thought Clover was really nice (they never finished it...) and I adored xxxholic (they're crapping that up too though...) and CSS was cute as well. But they have yet to make anything that deserves much praising. I'll never understand how they're so popular.

I really tried to enjoy this anime, I truly did. I watch anime as a means of entertainment, and not because it's my LIFEEE. I don't hate CLAMP (too much) either. However, Kobato made everything so impossible. I'll never watch anything by CLAMP again. I've learned my lesson.

LOL! Best post.

Characters - 3
Everyone was flat and got some development forced at the end of their character arcs except for one person: the main character. Kobato remains dumb, aimless, and inconsiderate throughout the entirety of the show despite her failures. And yes, I do mean inconsiderate. Just because you do the right thing for the wrong reasons does not make you a good person. All her reasons for doing good felt utterly shallow, and lacking an understanding for any of the characters she was "helping."

Story - 2
What story? The only thing keeping me from giving it a 1 was the fact that there was maybe one good, memorable episode (the author and the fireflies), but even that was cliched as hell. Just like the titular character, the show is aimless, shallow, and inconsiderate of the audience, relying only on cuteness and gullible, emotionally immature audience to "get" it. Not one element of story-telling was successful, and the show constantly derailed itself to tell tangential tales instead of the main one. Not a single question was answered besides "What is Kobato?" We know little to nothing of her first wish, ie: her entire purpose for existence/motivation, what Ioryogi was, what caused her to die initially, and almost every other mechanical issue of the world itself. It's a travesty of writing/scripting.

Sound - 4
The show had one thing going for it. The main song that Kobato sings. Too bad the voice actress can barely carry a tune. Thankfully, there were enough permutations of the song in different arrangements, that it doesn't matter much. The voice actors are as flat as the characters, but can we really blame them, when they have nothing to work with? The actor for Ioryogi was perhaps the best, but even he was marred with flatness in areas that were outside his generally grumpy demeanor.

Art - 4
Like I said at the very beginning of the series, the whole show just looks terribly dated. Every choice from the character designs to the color palette only make the show look old. Nothing felt fresh or new about the art, and it only reflects the cliche of the show itself. To top all that off, there was a serious lack of animation, but that's only to be expected from the genre.

So Kobato is a generally subpar show. Nothing positive about the show stands out, even for it being such a "positive show." I'll take this time to direct people to a series like Aria that gets the uber-happy-slice-of-life-starring-pink-haired-moe-girls subgenre of shoujo right, and is done masterfully in nearly every way. No need to thank me, you'll be in a happy, sugar coma and you'll even get to cry true tears for stunning character development, and wonderful poignancy/beauty. The opposite of this mess of a show.

dude , u realize that you are being ridiculous,and it can be seen even from the post with the art..the art was flawless and definitely fresh..seems you don't really have any knowledge on good animation..i didn't even waste my time reading your ridiculous review cause i know that the only reason you made something so ridiculous is cause you want to attract attention...to put it in 2 words: you s**k ^_^
Mar 26, 2010 4:34 PM

Feb 2009
I would've liked to learn more about Ioryogi. He was a big part of this anime, but his character hasn't really been deepened. Most characters haven't though... But hey, I didn't think it was all that bad. The ending made up for a lot of things I didn't like. :) I'm giving this a 8/10 although the first couple of episodes were boring.
Mar 26, 2010 4:42 PM

Aug 2008
KayChan4U said:

...Oh. And I tend to notice that most of the people hating on it seem to be boys.

What were you expecting? A giant fucking mecha to come crashing out of the sky and kill everyone?

I was expecting a good slice of life with a point. And yes, slice of lifes need a point. Look at Aria.

mel-hime said:

dude , u realize that you are being ridiculous,and it can be seen even from the post with the art..the art was flawless and definitely fresh..seems you don't really have any knowledge on good animation..i didn't even waste my time reading your ridiculous review cause i know that the only reason you made something so ridiculous is cause you want to attract attention...to put it in 2 words: you s**k ^_^

I'm not being ridiculous. Point to me where we saw wonderful, fluid animation. The closest you can get was last episode where she starts to transport back to wherever and her hair is moving fast. And that's not great. Sorry, like most shoujo series, this was a slide show, except Kobato lacked stunning direction that made the show feel picturesque (Kimi ni Todoke and Aria are great examples of well directed shows lacking animation).

But you're right, I did want to attract attention. 85+ people loved this episode (with a seemingly equal amount flat out loving the show) when not a damn thing happened until the past 4 weeks. Kobato is bad, and being a slice of life does not excuse that.

But you, like most other viewers, I suppose, are only going to react emotionally and say, I suck, I'm a troll, etc. without actually taking to task anything that I say. And that's fine. That shows me that I'm more right than I think I am, and the show is indefensible.
Mar 26, 2010 5:03 PM
Jun 2008
noteDhero said:
I was expecting a good slice of life with a point. And yes, slice of lifes need a point. Look at Aria.
The main point(moral) the story are simply "true joy are just in front of your eye".From first episode till the end,Kobato just have to work hard and then she get what she really need even though she is stupid and careless.Even when the contract expire(when she fly up to sky), she never show a sad face.For me i think Aria had only a 1 episode story line only,and i can say it is a 100% slice of life.Don't compare such to it....
Mar 26, 2010 5:15 PM

Aug 2008
Again, compared to something like Aria (and I strongly suggest you finish it with the best installment, Aria the Origination) that has a very similar theme (I wouldn't actually say that's the theme to Kobato) Kobato is just shallower to me. At the end of the day, you say it's about hard work, but all I saw was effort from Kobato. She wasn't really doing anything. Fujimoto did all of the work. This is the girl that abandoned her main reason for living. She's not a hard worker. Kobato would have these big, grand ideas that didn't really help anything. Someone else did the heavy lifting. She was just a clueless girl that made people feel less sad about themselves. At best, she was a catalyst, lacking any understanding for the people around her for me to even recognize her as a good one.
Mar 26, 2010 5:23 PM

Aug 2008
There are always a few trolls who just have to vent how much they hate an anime and treat all who liked the show with condescending attitudes. MAL's forum, recently (and thanks to these members) has been transformed into a semi-4chan *shakes head*

But I liked the ending, though. It was almost perfect for me. The only thing I wish they didn't do was to make Kobato remembered. I would have been perfectly satisfied if Fujimoto just decides to restart his relationship with a Kobato that remembers nothing from her past.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Mar 26, 2010 5:28 PM

Nov 2008
guyklc said:
There are always a few trolls who just have to vent how much they hate an anime and treat all who liked the show with condescending attitudes. MAL's forum, recently (and thanks to these members) has been transformed into a semi-4chan *shakes head*
Sometimes, people have their own rational explanation of their opinion and you call that trolling?
Mar 26, 2010 5:42 PM

Aug 2008
I've been here just as long as you, guyklc. The quality of my posts have remained consistent since I started posting here regularly around October of 2008. And while overemotional members are quick to call me a troll because I have a contrary opinion to theirs at the beginning and end of every season, just as many people who both agree and disagree with me don't have a problem with the nature of my posts. I try very hard to back up what I say with what I've seen, positive and negative, and I expect these discussion threads to be a discussion. If you would rather this be a chain of "OMG I cried. This is perfect!" then I'm sorry. It will probably move back to that once I fall asleep. Until then, feel free to challenge my opinion with your own, instead of passively aggressive name-calling.
Mar 26, 2010 6:16 PM

Mar 2010
Well, unlike a lot of you, I really loved this anime! It was touching and made me smile! The ending was also happy! And i thought it was good..What I didn't like was how it just totally skipped around it n stuff. It honestly felt like it was only 10 mins long. But the ending was really, really sweet! So cute <3 How Kobato remembered Fujimoto ^^ And if you don't like it, then keep it to yourself because I'm pretty sure no one wants to hear a bunch of crap from a bunch of stupid haters.
Mar 26, 2010 6:36 PM

Nov 2008
^ This is a "discussion" thread. Don't be silly.
Mar 26, 2010 7:05 PM

Jul 2008
If the nursery could have been rebuilt so easily, why did they fight for most of the show to keep it from being torn down?
Mar 26, 2010 7:14 PM

Mar 2010
Ehh, my guess is because Sayaka was attached to it since she had mermories there and it was inherited from her father.
Mar 26, 2010 8:24 PM

Feb 2009
the ending was ok.. i feel like there were things they could have explained better.

7/10
EuphoricFieldMar 26, 2010 8:30 PM
Mar 26, 2010 9:08 PM

Dec 2008
I´m a real fan clamp and I hate THIS, Kobato wasn´t good I undestood everything but it was terrible, what happened with the "Other world" never was explained the penalization for Ioryogi and the others

I would prefer an improvised story for everything than 100000 question without an answer, clamp you got this shit when you spend hours and hours of stupid shitty and nonsense fillers about Kobato wannabe Chii, Kobato meeting tsubasa chronicles and Kobato greenpeace

Kobato returns to Fujimoto her "real wish" and the contract was basically the same thing, that´s stupid

By the Way Usyagi become one of my favorite characters from this show :D
wabowserMar 26, 2010 9:13 PM
Mar 26, 2010 9:53 PM

Apr 2009
Normally, I'm not a big fan of "mooshy feelings (?)" anime, but somehow Kobato grabbed my attention. I am aware of its shortcomings, and I would have given similar opinions to those who gave this anime spectacularly bad score (see previous pages) ...

...but somehow it was so darn fun to watch. And ending... yes, it was rushed as heck (and what isn't these days?!) but still I feel it's appropriate.

Simply put, I loved it.

5 out of 5 from me.

Kudos.
To be or not to be... that is not the question. ;3
Mar 26, 2010 11:05 PM

Aug 2008
Great ending to a decent series of a genre I don't like...

5/5 for the episode, 4/10 for the series.
Mar 26, 2010 11:40 PM

Mar 2009
T_T
Mrs. Bunny, give me a hug, you fluffy, benevolent son of a bitch! Quite the happy ending.

Ehhhh...I'm kind of conflicted when it comes to Kobato. I want to give it a good score, but it was very cliched and predictable, and there were plenty of wasted episodes. Especially in the middle.

Meh. I'll go with a 7/10.
Mar 27, 2010 12:32 AM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:
ReiLuvsChii said:

LOL! Best post.

Characters - 3

Story - 2

Sound - 4

Art - 4

To be fair there was a story, just a really poor one. Right at the beginning they make it clear she has to collect the candy's in order to get to the place she wants to go. From there we conclude that she's from the spirit world (IE. dead) since the stuffed dog talks about it countless times (I still have no idea why people where surprised that she was dead lol). After about episode 2 we start getting fillers that are supposed to build up Kobato and Fujimoto's characters. Then the last two episodes pick up with the story again. So basically they could have just made a 5 episode OVA lol.

I've been finding all of CLAMPs work subpar lately. They've been using the same formula and art for years, and since it apparently works...I'm sure they'll keep using it for future shows as well.

Kobato wasn't one of CLAMPs best series but it was a decent "feel good" show.
Mar 27, 2010 5:46 AM
Mar 2010
It was really good!! (i had to watch it with slow internet T.T)
KAWAII FUJI-BATO-NESS!! and ioryogi giving himself 100 points was funny! and the yomogi kindergarden kids all grown up were cute especially that boy! (forgot his name...the one with the scare on his face) LOL.

I LOVE CLAMP!
CLAMP=Awsome!!

Mar 27, 2010 7:27 AM

Jun 2008
i'm really sick of people complaining about other people not agreeing with their opinion.

Just because somebody has a different opinion of you does not make them a troll.

Just because a lot of the people complaining are male does not mean their gender is the reason they did not like it. This is a completely fail bullshit argument that I hate.
(And i'm female, and I don't like this, so explain that with your bullshit sexist reasoning.)

Everyone is allowed to express their opinion.

Anyway...i'm glad to see the end of this. I liked it at first but started to hate it by the end.
I will be downloading the OP,though.
Mar 27, 2010 9:02 AM

Oct 2009
I loved the anime. It was so beatifull and always made me smile. This ep was really beautiful. Love paring KobatoxFujimoto. I hope they lived happily ever after <3 xd
Mar 27, 2010 2:02 PM

Dec 2008
Smochi said:
i'm really sick of people complaining about other people not agreeing with their opinion.

Just because somebody has a different opinion of you does not make them a troll.

Just because a lot of the people complaining are male does not mean their gender is the reason they did not like it. This is a completely fail bullshit argument that I hate.
(And i'm female, and I don't like this, so explain that with your bullshit sexist reasoning.)

Everyone is allowed to express their opinion.

Anyway...i'm glad to see the end of this. I liked it at first but started to hate it by the end.
I will be downloading the OP,though.

This was the best opinion for complains, thanks a lot
I also downloaded the opening
Mar 27, 2010 6:33 PM

Nov 2007
what was kohaku talking about was she dead one time or was it the person she is with?
Mar 27, 2010 8:58 PM

Jan 2010
Damn.I cried >.<
Love the ending and the hug :D

Now for the manga ^-^
Mar 28, 2010 1:50 AM

Nov 2009
Mathes said:
This was full of cliché and over the top happy, but god darn I loved it.

pretty much this C:

KayChan4U said:

I LOLed :'DD

and Jeez so much hating in this thread o.e People are so hard to please nowadays I guess lol =/
Mar 28, 2010 9:15 AM

Jun 2008
No this isn't an original anime, it isn't unique and a masterpiece, it's very cliche, but I don't give a flying fuck. Anyone can hate, anyone can love. It's CLAMP, you should already know what to expect. I'm satisfied, if I would of made the anime sure I'd make some changes, but oh well. Kobato was a nice dose of happyness and cuteness.

I loved it.
7/10
Mar 28, 2010 11:02 AM
Aug 2009
trascend time? hmmm....

honestly, i don't really understand the ending.
there's still many piece of puzzle and many question in my mind.
the most is ioryogi and kobato past, i though eps 23 + 24 will tell everything. but it's only the "reason".

i bit dissapointed T_T
i really love the art in this anime, and if i must read the manga for "the un-answered question", maybe i'll pass..
the manga art is too girly and the character looks weird. i dropped it long ago. (i think chobits manga art still better than kobato, but in story i love kobato more ~)

then again, i keep giving this show my 2 thumbs, 100 points.
really well made, really touching, really funny. it's really playing my emotion, the same feeling when i watch Clannad :)
and point plus for the "REUNION". i really shocked and laugh out loud when Syaoran enter this series, that's make me plan to watch Tsubasa in my spare time ~

oh yeah, maybe the "un-answered" question is bussiness trick for selling the manga, lol. nice move there CLAMP ;D
or i hope there will be OVA or a MOVIE that tell Ioryogi and Kobato past, reaaaally hoping for it :D

AND for stupid hater of this series,
i think NO ONE push you to watch this show till end.
so why you complain for your own stupidity?

WATCH IT AT YOUR OWN RISK, if you don't like it, DON'T WATCH AT ALL!!
Mar 28, 2010 11:31 AM

Jul 2008
Risami said:
what was kohaku talking about was she dead one time or was it the person she is with?

I think Kohaku is immortal, but Shuichiro has a normal lifespan, so he keeps dying, and then they have to find each other again.
Mar 28, 2010 12:58 PM

Nov 2009
Cliche as it was, i really enjoyed the ending... On the verge of tears. (This would have been a more preferable time to cry then during the Author's episode *shrug*)
They really did the adaption too soon or something, because we never see what the purpose of Ioryogi has, the animals in the shop, etc. which is weird when we get a complete ending like that... Well, i must contemplate if at 7 or 8 is most appropriate.
Mar 28, 2010 1:39 PM

Sep 2008
I don't care what anyone says, I loove the ending. It was very touching and cute. I looove Ioryogy-san!! He deserves a thousand points!! :D
The only part that they could've done better was u know let Fujimoto and Kobato kiss or something, they haven't seen each other in 4 years...
Too bad the anime ended, now back to the manga :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2010 3:06 PM
Jun 2008
I thought that this was the same sort of beautiful anime as Aria was. People complaining about the story were obviously watching the show for the wrong reasons. I really don't get the complaints about the direction/art/music though - all of them were pretty beautiful. Obviously there were a few mundane scenes with people talking indoors, but there were also magical scenes, like in the episode with the tree.
Mar 28, 2010 4:16 PM

May 2009
Errr, not really sure what to think. I liked the beginning and end of this anime, but most of the episodes in between were kind of boring. I think I would've liked this to have half the amount of episodes and skip all the pointless ones that felt like fillers.

The ending was cliché and predictable like most say, but I still liked it...
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Mar 2, 2010

115 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 26, 12:24 PM

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kappaka - Oct 6, 2009

237 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Mar 6, 10:32 AM

Poll: » Status poll about Kobato Episode 23

KingSunWukong - Dec 12, 2023

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Dec 12, 2023 9:18 PM

» Hanato Kobato is an example of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend".

Kiryotsu - Oct 22, 2023

0 by Kiryotsu »»
Oct 22, 2023 1:00 PM

Poll: » Kobato. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2010

100 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Jul 15, 2023 2:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.