Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 8 Discussion

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side: Sword Oratoria (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 6, 2017 12:32 PM
Jul 2018
Most romance series in a nutshell

Jun 8, 2017 8:32 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode
Arguably the main point of this episode was addressing Filvis's sub arc and its nice to see that despite the dark rumors surrounding her Leafiya still believes that Filvis was not responsible for it. Its nice that in the end Leafiya through her determination managed to break through her wall though and get to her real self. It will be such a waste if Filvis never got to smile anymore. The fight between Ains and that woman though was interesting and now that she has leveled up its not that one sided anymore. The revelation of the beast tamers real identity though was unexpected but this will be a good opportunity to allow Filvis to get her revenge on him for the deaths that he caused to her friends. The fight against Vendetta's plants though was hard but its nice to see that everyone was able to pull their weight especially Leafiya whose spell was impressive. Hmm with her level up Ain's looked pretty cool as she cutted that cultists prized plant apart by herself. Hmm Leafiya really is shining in this battle though. When she's determined and focused her magic capability is really amazing. With her fear now being easier to manage and control Leafiya is growing into quite the capable mage. Hmm it seems that Revis is on her own side then as she just up and killed her alleged ally that easily. Looks like Revis will be a rival for Ains for this season and will continue to be one until she finds the truth eh.
Well at least the true enemy has been determined then. So the enemy is hybrids eh. Well the familia was already preparing for their next expedition so this new intel only just helped in motivating them more to find the truth.

Hmm so Ains and that woman meets again eh.
Hopefully now leveled up Ains will be able to be on more even terms with her. Hmm why is this woman so intent on taking Ains with her though. What's her past with Ains mother i wonder. Haha now that Ains has leveled up things are much better. Meanwhile Filvis's past is also getting pretty interesting as well. Hmm so the truth of the nightmare that Filvis had survived was that it was a trap set to kill adventurers that killed dozens eh. Hmm so when cornered the cult responsible decided to commit mass suicide by luring not just adventurers but monsters as well and thus turning it into a large battle royal. Man that damm cult. But that was just the start of the dark rumors for Filvis because straight after every time she forms a party that gets wiped out. I wonder though what could be going on here. Despite the facts its nice that Leafiya doesn't seem to believe these rumors. They are after all just rumors. But since adventurers fight so hard and rely so much on luck i can see why no one would want to fight alongside her given her luck and the dark rumors. It seems that the name is even familar to Bete as well. I wonder what the past about her really is though. Lol even after hearing these rumors its nice to see that that hasn't changed Leafiya's opinion of Filvis. Leafiya is just so positive though. Hmm if anything Leafiya is also pretty perceptive as well in that she managed to see the true personality that Filvis was hiding under her mask. Once she seen this Leafiya won't let Filvis deny the truth eh. But thats one of the things i admire the most about Leafiya in that she's always trying to help people even when they didn't ask for her help. Like in this case with Filvis.

It must have been some time since Filvis met someone as positive and dedicated as Leafiya though. Though it looks like Leafiya's hard work paid off and Filvis was able to break out of her ice shell that she encased around her. Its nice to see her smile at last though. I guess Bete has his own side as well too eh lol. Hmm the fight with Ains and her opponent seem to be going well. Hmm so that creature from before is being used here to drain the nutrients from the monster pantry eh. Hmm it seems that the enemy also came prepared for any intruders in their came eh. Without Ains backing them up Andromeda's party is down some in offensive power but still i wouldn't count them out just yet. Hmm Andromeda never ceases to amaze in terms of combat ability though. But man to think that even she will be defeated here man this beast tamer is pretty strong. But man Leafiya's party sure arrived in the nick of time though. Hmm so that weird baby's purpose is to spawn more monsters eh. Kinda like a monster maker. So the true goal of this tamer is to destroy the city with his monsters eh. Though i wonder on whose orders is he acting under though. Hmm so that tamer's real identity was the leader of that cult that was responsible for that nightmare on lv27 and responsible for killing Filvis's friends and party members then. To think he managed to survive that nightmare though. No wonder everyone's so surprised. As expected Filvis is really enraged. So that guy is now more than a human in that he's a human monster hybrid eh. Hmm a fanatic that nearly died will be even more so when he's saved. But man this god of his really looks like a real piece of work. Hmm to think he's strong enough to blow away Filvis's spell though. Man this guy will not be easy. Its nice that Filvis now has someone that trusts her once more. She no longer has to play the act of being a solo adventurer any more. With trust in her allies and understanding in them her friends will always come to her defense. But Leafiya sure has gotten pretty brave herself. That was a really impressive AOE attack though. With the defeat of the monster that's using the pillar it has lost its purpose and will of course collapse.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 15, 2017 3:32 PM

Mar 2010
Great episode, damn Aria so cool.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 17, 2017 2:38 AM

May 2010
Filiya x Lefiya is the better ship tbh. Ais x Lefiya is really boring...
Jun 18, 2017 6:54 PM

Apr 2011
Pretty good fight. Filvis opening up nicely.
Jun 25, 2017 8:37 PM

Jul 2013
Getting really tired of Lefiya trying to make friends with everyone. It's tiring.

So Ais is a spirit? Didn't even know a race like that exists.
Jun 27, 2017 9:22 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode with some nice action scenes.
Ais is so strong now, that red-haired girl got her ass beaten xD
Lefiya found a way to help Filvis, and she again did something useful xD But for real, glad that she is progressing.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jul 5, 2017 2:22 PM

Jul 2009
johnyjohny said:
Am i the only one who thinks this spinoff is more enjoyable than the first season?

NO! I am enjoying it more too, Bell was a pain, people are complaining about Lefiya, but Bell is not so much different.

I wonder what they will find on 59th floor.
Jul 5, 2017 5:44 PM
Jun 2014
Having finished reading Sword Oratoria LN 3 today and then followed it up with the anime episodes that covered it, you cannot comprehend just how triggered and angry at this adaptation I am now. It's utter trash on every level, they have completely gutted the 24th floor arc and removed or changed all but the very rough outline of the events.

They removed the remains of the cult, they removed the suicide bombers, they cut Hermes Familia's party down from 15 members, they removed 90% of the combat (including fight sequences with Olivas and Levis), they cut the swarm of thousands of violas, they cut the escape with "her", they cut ALL the violence, they cut Olivas' backstory, they butchered Filvis' backstory, they cut the deaths of most of the Hermes party members. *deep breath* They removed Bete railing on Lefiya for being useless, they completely gutted everything relating to the fight with the 2 Viskums and swarm leading to Lefiya pushing beyond her limits and casting Riveria's Rae Laevateinn, they cut the aftermath of everything, they added that sequence with Hermes, they cut interactions between Bell and Aiz, they cut stuff with Uranus, they cut everything about Loki Familia investigating the tunnels and GOD KNOWS how much more.

There was basically nothing left, this arc was very clearly 4 episodes worth of dark and violent content and it got neutered into 2 episodes of child friendly PG garbage.
Jul 6, 2017 5:06 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent episode, rather quite interesting! Looking forward to see what's next.
Jul 10, 2017 2:45 PM

Dec 2016
This hybrid bitch needs to realize that Ais didn't even get tired fighting her, and she didn't even use her wind. This plant hoe bout to die!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 25, 2017 8:55 PM

Dec 2012
Aria is her mother.
ASFI!!!!!!!
Dat reveal.
Dat lip.
LMAo at Bete with his hands in his pocket.
Dat tongue.
She said Oratoria. Roll credits!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 17, 2019 8:30 AM

Apr 2009
Wow one level-up sure makes a world of difference for the Sword Princess.

I cringed when Asfi got stabbed, good thing it wasn't a critical and mortal wound. >_<

Hello Olivas, and good-riddance again...hopefully for the last time!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 27, 2020 7:51 AM

Oct 2016
It's good to see Lefiya growing and becoming more braver. And it was nice to see Filvis open up to Lefiya.

Classic Bete tough love.

Damn, Vendetta appeared and died in the same episode lmao. I am guessing it's the training with Bell part next episode looking forward to that.
Oct 1, 2020 7:58 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The first part was fine. At least Lefiya showed up her charm so nicely and useful enough to be labelled as MC. Eventhough, i think, her way of thinking kinda cringe. Still it was fun to watch their expected interaction, especially with the jerk behaviour that Bete kept launched on them. XD

Then, thats it! The finale battle, against the past ghost, Vendetta that lived from the past to seek and granted his 'life savior' wish. Such a simple premises of him, its simply the monsters dream to see a fresh air. But, surely Familia and the others adventurer won't let shit happened, so thats why the authority of Orario, Uranus, need to get rid of his plan! Its hard, obviously. But it was directed in a nice way and done it with so much satisfied battle at the end. I noticed more Asfi screen time of the battle action on these episode, more than the first and second season. She was almost caught my attention.

Then, finally the reinforcements from Bete's group arrived and help Asfi from a miserable death. Then, thats Wallenstein with her incredible amount of power, plus Lefiya, plus Bete, together destroyed the damn plant, and finished him off. Actually, its not them, its the red headed girl! She was eat the magic stone and became another monster hybrid. Oh, well, finally the puzzle pieces that lost from what happened in the side from the first season already explained in a good terms on these episode. Nice one!

So, the end scene, she challenged Aiz again, and supposed to met again at the lower floor. Its expected, since they were all really plan to did another expedition in the near future! The next one, Bell appeared his dumb faces again. Its not so dumb actually. Because he was supposed to be act cool and nice on our swords princess perspective, in the upcoming event. Lol. Lets see....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 15, 2021 2:54 PM

Nov 2013
Revis is irritating for a lot of reasons, but what somehow irks me the most is how she keeps mistaking Ais with her mother.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 26, 2023 10:25 AM

Nov 2010
No wonder Ais is so OP during the first season. She had to go through so much behind the scenes.
Olivas was talking about being revived by a goddess. I wonder who she is.
Good action in this episode.
Aug 7, 2023 1:46 PM
Nov 2022
Esas dos elfas ya se quieren poner unos ✂️ ✂️

Jan 30, 3:17 PM

Nov 2009
Interesting...

So Bell is adopted by Gods, while Ais is adopted by Spirits.

And both of them have hidden potential to become extremely strong...

Looks like Bell x Ains is the ultimate pairing... imagine what kids they'll have... literally "Hero" LOL.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 15, 9:02 AM
Jun 2023
The eighth episode of DanMachi Sword Oratoria presents a test of loyalty and the consequences of difficult choices, delivering an intense and emotionally charged viewing experience. With its compelling storyline and character development, this episode keeps viewers on the edge of their seats, eagerly anticipating the outcome.

The animation quality continues to impress, immersing viewers in the vibrant world of Orario with its stunning visuals and attention to detail. From the labyrinthine depths to the bustling city streets, each scene is brought to life with fluid animation and captivating colors. The action sequences are dynamic and visually striking, showcasing the characters' growth and skills.

Character development takes center stage once again in this episode, as the loyalties of Loki Familia are tested. The complex motivations and internal struggles of the characters are explored, providing a deeper understanding of their choices and actions. The interactions among the familia members elicit intense emotions, strengthening their bonds and highlighting the sacrifices they are willing to make for each other.

The plot unfolds with gripping intensity, as the consequences of decisions made in previous episodes manifest in unexpected ways. The pacing remains steady, blending moments of action, suspense, and character-driven narratives. Each revelation adds depth to the overall narrative, further immersing viewers in the intricate world of Orario.

Episode 8 presents high-stakes conflicts and morally gray situations, challenging the characters' principles and forcing them to confront their own limits. The clashes between characters are emotionally charged and thought-provoking, highlighting the complexities of loyalty and the sacrifices it may require.

The soundtrack enhances the overall experience, heightening the emotions and tension within each scene. The music complements the action sequences and adds depth to quieter moments, effectively immersing viewers in the world of Sword Oratoria. The opening and ending themes continue to capture the essence of the series, adding to its overall appeal.

While Sword Oratoria can be enjoyed as a standalone series, having prior knowledge of the events and characters from the main series, DanMachi, enhances the viewing experience and understanding of the world of Orario.

In conclusion, the eighth episode of DanMachi Sword Oratoria delivers an intense and emotionally charged viewing experience. With its impressive animation, well-developed characters, and intriguing plot developments, it keeps viewers captivated and invested in the story. Fans of the original series will be thrilled by the continued exploration of loyalty and the sacrifices made by Loki Familia in the face of difficult choices within the depths of the dungeon.
Danmachi Best Anime WW

Feb 27, 10:28 PM

Sep 2018
Very similar backstory to the Juggernaut Massacre, though I guess mass killings would happen in the dungeon every now and then.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

54 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 24, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

136 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2017

84 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

86 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:02 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26, 2017

48 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.