Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 25, 2015 6:28 AM

Aug 2008
Funny enough, what RAWR says isn't even really that far from the truth. Kazuki is kinda selfish and overly obsessed with Yuuji. Frankly the only healthy relationship she has is with Amane.

You know what's funny, people can just enjoy this adaption for what it is because they have no visual novel to compare it to. Kinda refreshing really.
May 25, 2015 7:55 AM

May 2015
Is it just me that still can't take Heath Oslo seriously other than the fact that his a pedophile who want yuji and not because his a unique specimen of some sort?

Honestly every new episode keeps making this series better and better I cant wait to play it as soon as Sekai project translates it...that could be next year or ever later...
May 25, 2015 10:01 AM

Jan 2014
YES! more about the past and a closure to that incident щ(ʘ╻ʘ)щ. Great episode.

so Kazuki's brain has been brought to life via the thanatos system, I wonder how long before Amane finds out...
May 25, 2015 11:16 AM

Jun 2013
so 5 girls and an Ai are going to save him ok
May 25, 2015 11:26 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
hyperknees91 said:
Funny enough, what RAWR says isn't even really that far from the truth. Kazuki is kinda selfish and overly obsessed with Yuuji. Frankly the only healthy relationship she has is with Amane.
Wincest makes everything forgivable
May 25, 2015 12:53 PM

Mar 2014
So much YES. Angelic Howl was by far my favourite arc from Kajitsu and seeing how it actually ended is relieving... and terrific at the same time.

Loolicon said:
So now Amane can be done in both holes, huh?

Yumiko is the one and only!
May 25, 2015 1:45 PM

Feb 2015
omphffff, cloning!

<In the ghost town of our love
there is a player piano
trying to prove it can make music
without being touched.
My fingertips miss her so much.>
May 25, 2015 1:59 PM

Oct 2011
OMG 0______________0

This entire episode
May 25, 2015 3:13 PM

Dec 2014
At last, white Yuuji finally makes his appearence.

While I do prefer the old ED, the new one isn't that bad. In fact, I actually like it, and visuals are nice as well.
May 25, 2015 6:39 PM

Jan 2014
5/5 period!
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

May 25, 2015 7:00 PM

Apr 2015
HaXXspetten said:
Imeon said:
Guess it's harem....
Well it is harem tagged you know

Yeah. And Every girl approves.
#CHEXIT
May 26, 2015 5:30 AM

Dec 2012
Good to have seen the sequel of Kazuki's story. GinYuuji seems powerful.
May 26, 2015 2:05 PM

Aug 2013
This is a really weird series. I can't really get into it. I guess I just don't really like the characters or the story all that much. It's a shame, because I was really into Season 1 at the start, but then it got pretty messy and weird. I haven't really cared for it since.

Hopefully I start to like it more towards these last few episodes.
May 26, 2015 3:45 PM

Mar 2009
What kind of hospital does that to someone? What kind of doctor does that? What the hell. This show is so dumb.

Maybe that was explained better in the VN? "Uhh, let's take this girl and turn her into a computer." lolwut.
May 26, 2015 3:50 PM

May 2014
First thing I thought when I saw the Kazuki's call scene was how it was done with Yuuji only developing a real relationship towards only one character in the novel.

About Kazuki... Man, how I waited to understand what really happened to her. Well, she won't complain about what the scientists did to her since she's no longer human, but to turn a living human into a tool is just repulsive and akin to murder, in my view. It reminds me of To Aru Kagaku no Railgun.

Also, Yumiko is the best girl. Maybe not the best Kajitsu route, but absolutely the most lovable of all 5 girls, and the second saddest past, with only Yuuji himself ahead.
May 26, 2015 4:12 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
A nice interesting episode that tied up some past happenings and provided us with a forward moving story line. To me the best line was when asked how she bought a boat...."I bought it online".....now that is why the Internet was created.
May 27, 2015 12:11 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Mormegil said:
What kind of hospital does that to someone? What kind of doctor does that? What the hell. This show is so dumb.

Maybe that was explained better in the VN? "Uhh, let's take this girl and turn her into a computer." lolwut.
That was hardly just an average hospital you know :s
May 27, 2015 1:35 AM

Aug 2014
Awesome episode. Unfortunately, I already knew Kazuki was Thanatos, but I really didn't expect another Yuuji to come into play. What happened at the bus crash site was very brutal, but at least the teacher turned out to be a somewhat sensible person. Even Juubiko confessed her feelings, so this must be serious.

Can't wait for more Kazuki.

5/5
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
May 27, 2015 10:57 AM

Aug 2008
For Rakuen you just kinda gotta turn your brain off the whole time. You'll enjoy it more that way.
May 27, 2015 3:02 PM

Aug 2010
Shadowsnake777 said:
Geez, immortal robby has done everything hasn't he? O_O

Yeah holy shit this guy is everywhere XD

Really cool to finally see the continuation of AH and what happened to Kazuki. I didn't expect they'd just take her brain tissue like that though :O

And dat brutality that occurred was insane.
May 28, 2015 3:16 AM

Dec 2008
Such a far fetched scenario all of a sudden, even for Grisaia standards XD
Turning a slightly injured teenager into a super computer ahem, ok.
At least the cute weirdo siser isn't dead, hopefully a better solution will be there there at the end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2015 12:48 PM

Dec 2014
I could take the knife, but I paused as soon as the scissors appeared. I'll watch this some other time, uck..
Jun 2, 2015 12:51 PM

Feb 2014
Poor Kazuki was she in coma when researches decided to take her brain ?
Jun 2, 2015 11:27 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode, nice to see Kazuki's backstory.
Jun 5, 2015 1:16 PM

Oct 2008
This anime is really getting better.
Another great episode!
The girls now have a base of operations! and what's more it is a Houseboat! (like a Shohatsu-class landing craft)
LOLed at what Makina did to Michiru's eyelids!
So Yumiko is the only one who didn't clarify and declare that she also loves Yuuji. That was a cute blush by Yumiko!
The girls are now taking orders from Kazuki.
On the 2nd half of this episode we finally know what happened to Kazuki. More flashbacks and a lot of death-fest!!!
Kazami Kazuki has been integrated to the Next Generation Integrated Information Defense Device, the Thanatos System. long word but cool. The Otaku military guy also works on that lab!
On that last part, I doubt Yuuji would instantaneously kill Heath Oslo. He would not do it because it's a personal matter and if he did it, it would be absolutely be anti-climatic. OK since I'm an anime viewer only and have no knowledge of the VN, might be a clone as to what other comments says...
5/5.
matias067Jun 5, 2015 1:34 PM

Jun 6, 2015 5:35 PM

Feb 2013
Kazuki flashback is the best part of Grisaia. So unsettling.
Jun 10, 2015 8:31 PM

Aug 2013
Oh shit, it's Dark Yuuji! Or white-haired Yuuji. He messed up the hair and eye color, he's not a clever man. Oslo confirmed shit scientist.

Well, that's pretty terrible what happened after Amane left. For fuck sake, imagine what those poor parents felt when they learned about the fate of their children. Some being eaten, the other bodies being dismembered. I think I would kill myself. I wouldn't be able to support that.

It's always hilarious how everyone is always telling : ''Goddamnit Michiru, get your shit together!''
Poor Michiru, she's always misunderstood. Or maybe not.
I want to see the girl get in real action, like in the OP. That will probably come with Kazuki plan.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 11, 2015 1:22 PM
Feb 2015
Omg yuuji clones.... Oh boy...
We get to see what happened to yuuji's sister. She was basicly the second survivor but they couldn't save her but her brain.
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Jun 13, 2015 3:42 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Asako is more of a parent than Kazuki. Kazuki was a manipulative selfish girl, made Yuuji live his life the way she wanted it to live.

Season 1: RIP Kazuki
Season 2: "Oh mind blowing. She survived the accident!! HOW"

I've never liked Kazuki to begin with.

Base Sachi waking up the girls with the trumpet.And the phone call where Yumiko blushes as she confesses her true feelings. Her blush was pretty cute.

So now it's Yuuji vs Dark Yuuji.

Jun 15, 2015 4:02 PM

Jan 2015
So Kazuki's really a machine? Damn and I was hoping to have a real reunion with her too.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 17, 2015 4:19 AM

Nov 2008
Does anybody know what's the background music title when the girls attacked the others? I think it's a really good music
Jul 10, 2015 3:16 PM

Oct 2012
It bugs me a little that Amane didn't ask Thanatos question about Kazuki, cause her way of speech was something she simply had to remember. But I guess whole Kazuki part will be plot for one of later episodes.

Nice explanation of missing details from the past.

And it seems even Kazuki's split personality is left in dark about what happened to her after transfering from hospital (they didn't kill her to take out the brain right?). Hmm, there are 9 or 10 containers. Could it be those are bodies of the students from the incident with Kazuki serving as main unit? Or is there only Kazuki because she made it out alive? And others are other genuises from around the world. Kinda reminded me of Psycho-Pass and Sybil System.

I also like how almost everything now was firmly set in reality. But putting in Yuuji's clone... that was almost too much.

Yumiko admitting her love for Kazami was weird though, that had to be anime only thing because of how they ruined her route during first season. And I still don't know why Sachi calls Yuuji by the name Kazami-san and not Yuu-kun. Everyone there should be saved, right?

btw - was it Immortal(Imouto) who did the sytem?
btw2 - new outfits are great.
Jul 14, 2015 10:00 AM

May 2012
Oh wonderful, we finally got to see what actually happened after she escaped! Really great addition to that backstory and with such an ending! Wow just wow, never expected that there would be a clone concept in this.
Nov 22, 2015 5:44 PM

Aug 2009
that gives angelic howl a nicer conclusion imo...

dat white-haired yuuji
Jan 2, 2016 10:39 PM

Dec 2012
Wow. The aftermath of what happened after Amane left is disappointing. Everyone looked sane AF compared to when they were trying to escape. Even sensei.

Robbie the immortal/imouto is the GOAT.

Oslo continues to prove he's a gay little boy toucher with a Kazuki fetish when you look at that clone.
RobJan 2, 2016 10:39 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 24, 2016 8:12 PM

May 2014
Fuck the government in robbing Kazami Kazuki's future. Just because she was incapacitated and an orphan gives them no right to do this.
FUCK THE GOVERNMENT~!
Mar 12, 2016 10:41 PM

May 2015
Tokoya said:
Not much happened in this episode rather than the flashback (Which tried to make those students look less crazy but they're all still a bunch of psychopathic murderers)
+1

Vanschia said:
I thought that post-Angelic Howl event would be more brutal, but well it's ok
+1

lucidbrandon said:
And the trauma is brought back. I guess everyone calmed down after going crazy, I didn't think they would be able to come back to their senses after all that shit first season. I guess it makes sense though, makes it more believable how Kazuki survived because the others didnt kill her.
+1

Rob19MAL said:
Wow. The aftermath of what happened after Amane left is disappointing. Everyone looked sane AF compared to when they were trying to escape. Even sensei.
+1

I was in shock at the contrast...

Season 1 Angelic Howl arc was brutal it had depicted all kind of emotions (jealousy, panic, desperation, denial, sadness, etc.) before some of the girls went crazy as f*uck. Then as soon they were mentally unstable because of the lack of nutrient, some because they/she cannot cope with the situation, being unable to save the girls (sensei case) and others because they were eating poisoned human flesh. Sh*t hit the fan then combine that with how sensei was having sex with a student at the same time the relationship and the whole food fiasco being exposed by two students was the catalyst for what we last saw in the flashback of Amane.

Now seeing the whole outcome through Kazuki eyes, the outcome was very tame in comparison and the somewhat getting their sanity back for some of the character’s felt in my opinion contradictory to what the show had previously stablished…
May 20, 2016 7:18 AM

Jul 2013
So that's what happened to Kazuki and the others. Damn they really did kill each other lol. Also I don't feel a single shred of intimidation from that Heath Oslo guy. He's a pathetic choice for a villain really.
May 22, 2016 1:03 PM

Mar 2012
As far as the writing goes, this was shit...we go from a sensei whose mind had reverted back to primal instincts alone to apparently being pretty sane and actually wanted to protect the children from what happened. While the children killing each other was in line with the rest of the arc, this episode basically ruined what was the best arc in this series (in my opinion) and is a major disappointment.

If you're going to split arcs up and spread them throughout an entire series at least be coherent about it....

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Aug 10, 2016 6:17 AM

Mar 2015
Nice boat!!!

Im glad that we finally able to know the continuation of Angelic Howl.

Yuuji vs Yuuji is must watch 0 w 0

3.8/5
Aug 24, 2016 12:46 PM

Apr 2013
Wow what a horrible explanation for everything... so the insane sensei just stopped being mad and was a nice guy in the end? And then they made his sister into a machine that can crack any password? With her brain alone? This episode was just full of bullcrap, I swear what were the authors smoking?
Feb 24, 2017 2:18 PM
Oct 2013
^Exactly my thoughts. My mouth was hanging open the entire time.

I know the entire event is bs but it can be explained I guess.

The insane teacher was knocked out by Kazuki using her bag which made him lose consciousness but in return he regained his sanity.

About Kazuki's brain cracking any password around the world, it was more thanks to the Thanatos System rather then Kazuki's brain. The Thanatos System is the one doing the computation. Kazuki's brain is simply the quantum needed to power it up. Pretty much the same concept in other sci-fi anime in which a super computer is being controlled by a "human AI". Kazuki's brain was coincidentally compatible to the system.
Apr 1, 2017 2:21 AM

May 2016
Kazuki saw even worse than Amane, awesome episode I really enjoyed it.
Apr 26, 2018 1:29 AM
Feb 2018
It's time for the waifus to save Kazami.

Lol those Higurashi faces.

And Yuuji has a clone.
Sep 7, 2018 3:29 AM

May 2015
Clone wars begins!!!!!!!1
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 28, 2018 6:38 AM
Nov 2018
i actually cried during the last breath of asako.I thought yuiji's sister was alive and live somewhere.But this episode made me cried again.When she said she was alive but the government take her brains and made it into a system i cried.This shows the reality how our government think but not as human.Even tho u sacrifice somebody for millions of ppl u should still consider their family feelings.if she still alive but cant comfort,hug,play,laugh and be together with yuiji physically what good does it make.Just imagine if yuiji sister is still alive.He will cry and be thankful that he is still alive and can spend time together with yuiji's classmate and amaeno can finally see her face and apolagize for running away
Feb 3, 2019 11:59 AM

Mar 2018
-"Your favourite food?"
-"Yuuji."

Dead.
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
Feb 17, 2019 10:57 PM

Dec 2016
Hologram Sister for the win!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jun 28, 2020 6:33 PM
Mar 2014
The trip incident really traumatized me and the sexual encounter really annoyed me. I get what explaination the teacher gave but he never gave a reason for the intercourse. Can someone that has properly played the visual novel explain to me, if the scene was elaborated on because him saying she wasn't a bad person isn't enough to make me not resent her. Also when she catches up with Kazuki she says kill her or we'll be found out, does that mean the rest of the girls had sexual contact with the teacher also? Again someone who has played the visual novel also explain to me please.
Sep 6, 2020 3:00 AM
Jul 2019
"What's your favorite food?"
"Yuuji."
She loves the food so much, she's eating it breakfast, lunch and dinner, mostly dinner.

So Kazuki is basically dead, all that remains is her consciousness. We get to see the continuation of Angelic Howl. It might seem BS that they regained their rationality but I think that can be explained. The brain is like an engine. Once it stops functioning, you jump-start it until it activates again. Which is why most will slap them if they can't calm down. And seeing someone being murdered is more than enough to wake someone up.

It seems that they're trying to make Yumiko the centre figure. I keep seeing her in the middle and in the front when it comes to those five. Which makes sense since she's the leader of the group. Is it really just that though?

Black and White Yuuji, how will this unfold?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grisaia no Rakuen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

aconite - Jun 21, 2015

250 by jep1999 »»
Apr 29, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Rakuen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2015

161 by youngtrae96 »»
Dec 15, 2023 12:17 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Rakuen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2015

110 by JeremiahOrange »»
Sep 17, 2023 7:21 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Rakuen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2015

75 by JeremiahOrange »»
Sep 17, 2023 1:27 AM

Poll: » Grisaia no Rakuen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2015

119 by JeremiahOrange »»
Sep 15, 2023 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.