Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 1, 2012 7:46 PM

Nov 2007
while this was an amazing series and an amazing ending I am still very confused about a few things. First of all East Maiden said she was the one that sealed Samekh... so then what the heck's up with the previous kings going into a coma? they would have been around before her. also i dont understand the connection between the maidens and what the seals do. i think i may have missed that. also since all 4 seals have broken shouldn't the world be screwed? Then teh club president and the fox. seems like they know shit but what was their role?? @>@
DarkRoseOtakuApr 1, 2012 7:49 PM

banana
Apr 13, 2012 6:08 PM
Apr 2012
I liked the series, it got a little repetitive with the battles, but it stayed on its somewhat unique path about it.

I would go into more detail, but I'm very tired lol. 8/10. I was gonna give it a 8.5/10 but that sudden ending kinda pissed me off :/...

Seriously all he did was beat the Samekh and then boom the credits were rolling. Not even any pics. I would of liked a tiny bit more on what exactly happened after everything settled down.

Ill stay optimistic and just think they did that for the sake that they might make a season 2. Yea I want a season 2. Why? because none of the major decisions in this damn show were ever made! and so many things were left unanswered. Most shows have some scenes to show the pasts of certain characters so you can get a feel for them and their attitude, but there were almost none in this. out of all the characters we only got a few major insights on some.
Sep 7, 2012 4:23 PM

Jun 2012
Wow Bones at its best with that punch. Seriously the production values came so well in this episode with the music and animation. Wish this was a 50 episode series though like Eureka 7, there was so much room for this series to grow.

I mean through this 25 episode series has Takuto seen any new character development? Barely if you count that flashback. Just one example but there were so much potential in this series. Regardless, what an over the top ending and I loved it
Sep 22, 2012 1:36 AM

Jul 2012
Ending was MEHH...
Oct 21, 2012 5:59 PM

Jul 2010
I just rewatched most of the serie and I suddenly realize why I love the anime so much. Though the ending is open I don't even mind, they pulled it off really well and in a way I felt satisfied even though there's room for explanation.

For once I think I'm even happy with an open ending, Takuto managed to save Sugata and the world in the end, isn't that what counts? Imo the other cybodies are broken, forever, and Zero Time won't be needed anymore since Takuto destroyed Samekh so the problem with the seals/maidens is also solved. Even though it's just guessing it's nice that they leave room for our own views and ideas.

I'm seriously looking forward to the movie though, I can't wait to see what it'll be about :)
Dec 17, 2012 4:36 PM

Sep 2011
Rated this an 7/10 because of its repetitiveness of always doing the

School = First 10 Min > Song starts singing for about = 1 Min > Goes into Battle for next = 6-10 Mins > Ends the episode back in reality. It did this for pretty much 3/4 of the show.

Despise this fact the show was really entertaining and made me keep watching throughout it. The ending was good, but it needs an epilogue. Good thing a Movie is coming out to show what happens after the series.
TyrelJan 18, 2013 9:13 PM
Dec 26, 2012 11:37 PM

Nov 2011
that was like the easiest ending i ever seen.....everything went way to perfect for takuto
Hate Keeps me warm
Jan 30, 2013 7:30 PM
Sep 2012
Wako never chooses, both male MC's end up stranded up space on a broken Cybody. This series was fairly entertaining until the last episode takes a dump and leaves massive holes in the story. Wasnt a masterpiece by any means, but the funny parts made me laugh and the repetitive action was animated well enough that I didnt mind. I just wish they could have cleaned up the story a bit.
clammerJan 30, 2013 7:38 PM
Feb 10, 2013 11:14 PM
Dec 2012
Loved Star Driver. As for the ending, atleast they made a movie with some new scenes.
Mar 30, 2013 10:12 PM

Dec 2012
This show could have been much better.
Mar 31, 2013 12:54 AM

Mar 2009
Epic with the "Monochrome song" as background.
Apr 29, 2013 10:52 PM
Aug 2011
Oh wow there was some Gurren Lagann animation sprinkled all over this episode.

Anyway this was the best episode out of the whole series.
Yeah whatever "closure" it offered was meh but it was over-the-top and ridiculous just how I wanted the entire show to be.

Speaking of the entire show everything from the previous 24 episodes was pretty damn terrible.
Like everyone was saying that the repetition from the earlier episodes was horrible and most of the characters were awful.

I really didn't get the fabulousness I came here for. :/
If they had thrown more rainbows/space battles/peacock outfits like we saw in the last episode then I could have rated it higher.

So, my true score for this is a 5.5/10.
I don't even know if I want to leave it at a 6, it's a tad high for my liking.
For me this show doesn't deserve anything higher than a 5.
May 7, 2013 7:38 PM
May 2012
Brilliant! This show threw a lot of curveballs and damn, those curveballs are hard to hit - judging from the disappointed comments and most of the watchers rating for this show.

The creators' concepts that tie it to the show's themes hit me around the 10th episode which is a little bad for a shounen series. Even at the end, most watchers didn't get what the show is really all about and how the end ties it all. Star Driver failed to make the targeted audience understand the show.

The parallelisms used in this show are amazing. One of my favorite is: just as Hana and Natsuo are his first crushes, Wako and Sugata are Takuto's first loves. Likewise, if losing Natsuo and learning his circumstances late made Takuto leave Hana, losing Sugata will net the same result. Hence, "fuck the world, I'm not going to lose you too" ending. It's pretty blatant who he loves more, don't you think?
May 7, 2013 10:52 PM

May 2013
definitely a great series from start to finish.
Jun 26, 2013 11:53 AM

Jul 2011
My girlfriend recommended it to me saying, that I might like the Star Driver series. I don't like it, I love it : D The show gave me much fun from the beginning, to the end. I know it doesn't have any real dark drama, and it's ridiculous, but that's the whole point. Also I somehow have enough of all dark endings (which like to happen in nowadays mecha series), when someone have to die, or at last become disabled in some (I especially despise Zeta Gundam, and Guilty Crown endings for this). I like how this show was making my day every-time I watched it :)

I think it is much love or hate series. People who think that everything need to have some serious reason, meaning and development might seen it as weird, childish, repetitive bullshit. But others, like me, (especially if some liked 80/90's super mecha series as a child, which bring some tear of nostalgia) will find it Fabulous and full of fun : D

10/10! Kiraboshi!
SwiftflashJun 26, 2013 11:57 AM
Aug 25, 2013 11:00 AM
May 2012
This anime could have been better and they could have at least showed us what happened after that scene at the end as for the plot conclusion it was kinda meh to me but I still enjoyed this anime and it's fabulous thanks :D
Nov 7, 2013 10:47 PM
Mar 2013
I feel like I would've enjoyed this series more had it been cut in half. :/ I was ready to drop it early on because of the repetition, flat characters, and gaping plot holes, but I wound up enjoying the Mizuno arc and a few other episodes. A few of the minor characters also grew on me (Kanako, Simone).

I was really surprised by how good the last few episodes were, but I'm not sure if they were enough to actually make me a fan. Takuto's Gary-Stuness got seriously obnoxious. Debating between a 5 or 6 out of 10.
Mar 22, 2014 4:07 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

No! It was not to end so soon, I think that sometimes it takes the right time to say and do things, it is not time here we have had enough.
Not a bad ending, but many regrets for the many things remain outstanding.
Soundtrack and characters that elevate the series.
Drawings and animations of a good standard, not bad as a first mold mecha anime series I've seen from the studio Bones.
Now it is time to prepare for the new series airing this spring 2014!
Final rating of 7/10!
Apr 10, 2014 12:10 AM

Jun 2013
Good ending to the mecha part of it. Romance, however, made me mad.

There is only one thing I don't like about this anime - Wako. Absolutely hate her actually. Annoying, indecisive, cockteasing little b**ch.

I prefer to think about this as a bromance anime between Takuto and Sugata. And with that mindset I can easily give it a fabulous 8/10.
Jun 24, 2014 7:13 AM

Jul 2012
It was okay but the ending was just a bit mehh.

7/10.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jul 30, 2014 8:58 AM

Oct 2012
This ending surprised me with its awesomeness. Wasn't expecting that because the rest of the show was just mediocre. Loved the OST, especially the monochrome, it was awesome.
Sep 11, 2014 4:35 PM

May 2012
Impressive ending I must say! It's mecha anime like this that makes me enjoy the mecha theme more and more! A decent story line, packed with action and some slight romance ain't all that bad either! All in all a very lovely anime 8/10
Sep 22, 2014 4:07 AM

Sep 2013
Thank goodness this is over. Not really the most satisfying ending and as usual BONES left a lot of plotholes.

Seriously Wako? two guys at the same time? you fucking whacko.

The plot is messy and the characters are god-awful, well maybe except for Kanako though it bothers me a bit that a 15-year-old like her is married to an old geezer. The excessive fanservice is annoying and seriously, what's with the libido?

KIRABOSHIT!!
6/10
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Dec 26, 2014 1:05 AM

Jan 2014
Tengoku_no_hakai said:
Good ending to the mecha part of it. Romance, however, made me mad.

There is only one thing I don't like about this anime - Wako. Absolutely hate her actually. Annoying, indecisive, cockteasing little b**ch.

I prefer to think about this as a bromance anime between Takuto and Sugata. And with that mindset I can easily give it a fabulous 8/10.

the romance was like mostly about Takuto and Sugata anyway... fack that indecisiveness of her... if this was a romance type anyway it would I would considered adding the Shoujo tag in it too... well fack that sheet... and I still consider the pink haired maiden suitable to Takato anyways... not Wako.. for me Sugata can have her...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Feb 27, 2015 11:56 AM
Sep 2013
So the love triangle never gets resolved? Booo. Sure Takuto has a little harem going on, which can be considered worse than what Wako has in many ways, but he's never really showed any real interest in the other girls, leaving no ambiguity there. That love triangle though. On the bright side, at least its not the usual full-brown one-gender-sided wish-fulfillment bullshit.
Mar 27, 2015 10:21 AM

Jan 2012
Meh, in some aspects this last episode gave me what I wanted all along. Some emotional content. I was almost crying at the one point... but the series never gave me enough to like the characters enough to care enough to cry. And seeing where the episode ended.. well, it just a big middle finger to me, the viewer. Its just lazy ending the episode there. I'm sure that I would understand the series more and a lot more about sub plots, if I watched this series again. But at this point there is nothing that I enjoyed enough in this series to make me watch it a second time. Thanks for not resolving any of your character relationships, Star Driver. (sarcasm) Its like they decided to make a retarded version of Rahxephon....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2015 5:46 PM
Jul 2013
I guees im the only one ever thought that takuto's phase 1 ability is seeing the future
May 7, 2016 9:14 AM

Mar 2014
Apprivoise beyond the Galaxy !! The no.1 Galactic Pretty Boy !! Takuto !!
The Strongest Libido and the Greatest Ambition .
The Maiden , Wako and the King , Sugata .
Truth be told , It became the Shounen-like anime I want it to be ~ .
Perfect Episode . It ended the way it suppose to be ~ .

“Dazzling the Stage , Ginga Bishounen !!” Fabulous desu ~ <3
Well as far as I could tell , the first half has poor interactions , the lack of background Information and from the short battle scenes . It was honestly a bit suffocating (frustration) with all the shortcomings . BUT ..Learning that every anime has its own “pace” and with the fact that I emerged from that deep water was because of the gradual dazzle of the show , leading to a glamour of explosive upshots and thus proving the second half was nonetheless the show itself or merely clear improvement . Just like they say (or I say) , Don’t leave the show halfheartedly because it might get better than you expected !! It was a good entertainment , I can already observe that through its progress ~ . That is their purpose apparently :D “Kiraboshi” !!
AnimeLaver01May 7, 2016 9:20 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2016 10:03 AM
Aug 2012
sheer flawless and want more mecha anime series like this! Perfect from the start to the end!
Jul 11, 2016 10:51 PM

Aug 2015
I really just wanted the last episode to be what all the other episodes felt like. On the edge of my seat action instead of the meh episodes we had.
Sep 3, 2016 11:45 PM

Mar 2016
I'd rather watch Gurren Lagann 80 million times than this cheap knock off.

Thank God it's finally over. I can move on with my life.

I just love how this episode completely distracts you from the shitpoor climax with insert songs, emotional monologues, bright lights, and flashy art styles.

I'm still so confused and have so many unanswered questions. What is a Cybody? Where did they come from? Did Takuto ever achieve phase 4? 90% of the world looked like it got drained of life so how did Takuto reverse that when he destroyed Samekh?

Ha, oh well! Glad it's over!

Goodbye Takuto Tsunashi. Wish you could've shone brighter.

(it was fun sharing this anime with all of you! till we meet again!)
Jan 26, 2017 6:03 AM

Jul 2008
This show was the definition of meh. Predictable ending. No one dies, bad guys realize they were fooled, everyone is a good guy in the end, Wako still can't choose a boyfriend which makes her worst girl. We've all seen this story plenty of times now.

Also at least Keito, best girl, chose. Mizuno was a close second.

4/10, it was just too damn predictable.
Feb 22, 2017 10:37 AM

Sep 2016
ok, can't believe I actually finished this.

- episodic
- everything is too vague (takuto? tauburn? phase? cybody? zero time? the fucking island?)
- daily life atmosphere is too calm, Takuto is basically surrounded by people who wants him dead, but everyone acts as if nothing is happening
- the battle sequence at the end of episode is extremely short, for a battle mecha anime
- battle sequence is repetitive with same finishing move like Ultraman series
- Kiraboshi is stupid organization, hundreds of them, all using small piece of BDSM mask, probably going to the same school, yet nobody knows each others, it's just stupid
- they all want Takuto dead because he protects Wako, but everyone is too stupid to think about messing with him irl instead of 1 vs 1 robot battle like an idiot
- almost non-existent plot in the first half, some plot in the second half, and too much in the last episode
- it goes from happy cheerful daily life of 24 episode to saving humanity in the final episode, the stake is too high and way too sudden, especially when the whole setting is in a small tiny island.
- and the last, no epilogue or proper closure

+ cool mecha design
+ cool animation during battle
+ girls
+ surprisingly at least enjoyable to watch

5/10
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Aug 29, 2017 7:49 PM

Mar 2016
Pretty fun overall. I like that the anime didn't explain everything (anything?) yet it was still easy to follow and make sense of, just from context and visuals. Also, the plot moved in a really underhanded way: lt felt like nothing important was happening but there was a ton of progress throughout. Some of the elements I didn't like were more about me not being the intended audience (I think?). Appreciated the excessive legginess of the girls though.

Head's motives were pretty dumb. 'Relive the past.' what past? NTRing some dude and painting some pictures?
He should have died.

Also, fuck Wako too, holy shit.

GangsterCat said:
everything is too vague

How is this a bad thing? Cybodies are aesthetically interesting enough, and there is enough visual flair in general, that any lore explanation would just be boring in comparison. Any assumptions you could make from what the anime gives you would be pretty close to whatever the fictitious reality is. So, what is important about the story obviously isn't the origins of it, beyond the clues the anime gives us. This is a visual medium after all, and we can learn a lot just by looking.
syncrogazerAug 30, 2017 8:07 AM
May 22, 2018 8:23 AM

Oct 2016
Not trying to start any sort of shipping war, but is it just me or did it seem like Wako loved Takuto way more than Sugata? She gained just as much love for Takuto that she supposedly had for Sugata is such a short amount of time when she had been with Sugata forever. It felt like her "love" for Sugata was more comfort.
Dec 16, 2018 2:17 PM
Jun 2014
So i heard about this and find out main heroine is somewhat of a slut. I'll pass this faster than i pass mexican food.
Dec 29, 2018 5:59 PM

Mar 2016
This show was fucking amazing!
Dec 12, 2019 3:13 PM

Sep 2014
Good show despite being "weekly monster" series.
Good thing this show make light parts when they had ocasions. Heavy storytelling won't fit this anime.
Complex romance. Basically the 3 want be friends forever so they don't want pick anyone between them to go out of group. No one want risk breaking current bonds so all of them agreeing to it. They prefer being 3 more than 2+1 (bcs shipping).
Anyway Sugata already have the ones who loves them rather than friendzoning forever as Wako. Takuto get worse treatment in fall in love, but still have some weird girls to collection.
Sugata - Prez, Pink Girl, Maid... and rest of average school girls.
Takuto - Green Girl (tho married), Window Star (stimulation yellow girl, went mia), Simone (yellow girl next to green one (low chance but well, there was ep. with kinda falling her for Takuto)... and rest of average school girls.

I would prefer Takuto x Wako and Sugata x Prez, but well, open reverse harem route wasn't that bad as for ending...
Jul 21, 2020 10:21 AM
Jul 2019
K I R A B O S H I

that song from north maiden tho.
May 5, 2021 10:37 PM
Feb 2021
THIS SHOW NEEDS TO BE REVIVED
Sep 15, 2021 2:15 PM

Feb 2012
With Kate's seal broken, Samekh is awakened. Her plan is to have Sugata become king instead of Reiji.

Reiji has a second Cybody up he sleeve; Sinpathy. He can use this to apprivoise with Samekh, ruining Kate's plan.

Glittering Crux's Cybodies are revived and team up. This is some excellent sakuga.

Takuto's true 1st Phase Ability is to put smiles on all his friend's faces.

With the defeat of Samekh. They can see other skies..., Wako can finally leave the island.
Fortress_MaximusSep 19, 2021 3:01 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 15, 2022 12:15 PM
Jan 2020
The fact that I stayed up until 3:00am to finish this, eh, that's just honestly disappointing. It's rushed. I expected way way better than just pulling a fucking shonen esque ending. They left some plot holes behind. The whole show is inconsistent with it's writing. What's so good about Wako? Why is everyone simping for Sugata? Lol.

But Imaishi's cuts is pretty hype, felt like Gurren Lagann. Cool I guess.
Aug 30, 2022 8:02 AM

Oct 2021
"Do you know how hard it is to love 2 men at the same time?!"

That line made me realise that I've wasted a big time watching this shit, except the cool mech fight tho
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Jan 23, 2011

130 by HerdianElang »»
Apr 8, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

stevewiess01 - Oct 31, 2010

135 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jan 17, 5:33 PM

» This anime have some kind of boys love?

Kuku_Kill - Feb 11, 2023

6 by Ronninn »»
Feb 11, 2023 4:20 PM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Jan 30, 2011

102 by notbraxten »»
Sep 1, 2022 1:56 AM

Poll: » Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kuro4735 - Oct 3, 2010

352 by ImpactFrames »»
Aug 8, 2022 9:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.