Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2013 11:08 PM
Jun 2008
I was hoping for a vastly different twist at the end. Well, hope SD2 gets animated.
Sep 27, 2013 11:46 PM

Jul 2012
This series was ok in all. I did enjoy the mystery this anime revolved around. Overall, it was ok.
Sep 27, 2013 11:48 PM

Apr 2011
I quite enjoyed the series. Never played the game and don't really intend to, I don't think I even have the right game system for it. The twists kept me riveted and eagerly awaiting every episode.

9/10, up there with SxS for best show of the season.
Sep 28, 2013 12:18 AM
Jul 2012
I'm going to fight for the anime adaption and say, if they put all the character development sections fro mthe game in, it would have dragged the adaption out way to much, and would have made it boring, and if they put all those things in, there would be no reason for people to go and play the game if they hadn't already.
Sep 28, 2013 12:38 AM

Oct 2012
Damn that Naegi real identity scene. So exaggerated; making me want to bang my head.
Sep 28, 2013 12:40 AM

Jul 2013
Didn't really care that it was a bad adaptation, any show/movie/etc can overcome that. I just felt it was bad for the same reasons it was a bad adaptation. Rushed deductions, investigations, and trials as well as no character development. Animated Genocider Sho and Junko were at least entertaining.

4/10, though based on the amount of people who liked it (which is fine, opinions and all that) I guess it did succeed in promoting the game after all. So as many people have said previously you really owe it to yourself to play the game if you enjoyed this show.
Sep 28, 2013 12:51 AM

Aug 2011
http://i.imgur.com/yObEZZk.png

March 2014 :P
stefemanSep 28, 2013 1:33 AM
Sep 28, 2013 1:15 AM

Dec 2012
Skipped a lot of unnecessary minor details in the game for the first 9 episodes to make the last four great. The ending was better than the game. 9/10.
Sep 28, 2013 1:45 AM

Jun 2012
I wish it wasnt so rushed towards the end, but liked it and def gonna watch s2
Sep 28, 2013 2:08 AM

Feb 2013
Wasn't very impressed by the series at the beginning at all, but in the end (the last 3 episodes or so), I kinda liked it more and more and the ending was also pretty decent ... would have been nice to see either despair or hope eventually, but that's fine, Season 2 inc or an OVA? :O

7/10 since the starting was quite lame for an outsider like me, who did not know anything about the game
Sep 28, 2013 2:10 AM

Aug 2013
stefeman said:

I can't wait S2 <3 <3 , R.I.P Junko
The ending was good , I tho Naugi's title was ESP not hope , he said something like that once , i don't remember the episode .

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Sep 28, 2013 2:19 AM

Mar 2013
Didn't like the ending that much, ep.12 has more impact. Though, i really love Junko's facial expressions... moe, scary, cool wahhhh~ so cute! >w<
There's quite a hint of s2 in the end just gonna wait for the confirmation..
Sep 28, 2013 2:34 AM

Feb 2011
To be honest Junko's bombs kept me from concentrating the whole episode.

9/10 One of the greatest anime this season.
Sep 28, 2013 2:34 AM

Apr 2012
I thought in a more exciting ending, but, aside this episode, i really liked this anime uwu
Sep 28, 2013 2:37 AM

Apr 2008
Well, there we go. This episode in itself was pretty well-adapted (though I think it's a pity that only Asahina's end-line made it in, I was esp hoping to see Togami's going slightly dere animated), but in itself this was a pretty pitiful adaptation, imo. Given more episodes, this could've really been something. Ah well.
Sep 28, 2013 2:43 AM

Jun 2013
fuck her multiple personalities are fucking annoying but i like the glasses one let's hope for a second season
Sep 28, 2013 3:29 AM

May 2013
Damn, I just love Junko and her different personalities! (^_^)

At least this episode answers most of my questions.

So Naegi's title is really Super Duper High School Hope.

Noo, I didn't want Junko to die! (T_T)
But that Super Duper Nasty Torture was pretty cool.

Monokuma is still alive. Monomi appears in the end. A second season would be okay with me.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 28, 2013 3:46 AM

Dec 2012
6/10. As someone who does not play the game, I thought it was pretty rushed for the first half, but it had potential with the whole killing each other thing. I didn't like how it became something more towards hope vs despair and the ending explanation didn't satisfy me, nor does it make me want to know more as it seemed outright ridiculous...

Nevertheless, the whole series was enjoyable to say the least.
Sep 28, 2013 3:50 AM
Sep 2013
And yet there are still some complaining about the ending it seems these people really don't understand the purpose of it. Or is it that people are upset that Junko turned out to be a psycho that didn't have a sob story for setting this all up. If I could I would strap you guys all into a chair and force you to at least watch the final trial on youtube.
Fireego said:
Damn, I just love Junko and her different personalities! (^_^)

At least this episode answers most of my questions.

So Naegi's title is really Super Duper High School Hope.

Noo, I didn't want Junko to die! (T_T)
But that Super Duper Nasty Torture was pretty cool.

Monokuma is still alive. Monomi appears in the end. A second season would be okay with me.

I'll tell you something interesting:
Sep 28, 2013 3:56 AM

Dec 2012
I would have become Junko's slave for an entire life time if that was me.. seriously.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Sep 28, 2013 4:01 AM

Apr 2009
Haters gon hate. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

8/10
Sep 28, 2013 4:08 AM

Apr 2013
Haine15 said:
stefeman said:

I can't wait S2 <3 <3 , R.I.P Junko
The ending was good , I tho Naugi's title was ESP not hope , he said something like that once , i don't remember the episode .

He said that as a joke and it was episode 2 or 3......
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Sep 28, 2013 4:15 AM

Aug 2013
I thought this episode was a bit.. Anti-climaxing? I don't know, it felt a bit dull at times. I did like the series overall though, and it kept me entertained even in the more dull moments.
9/10 enjoyment.
4/10 overall.
Sep 28, 2013 4:17 AM
Sep 2013
Peten00b said:
I would have become Junko's slave for an entire life time if that was me.. seriously.

As much I like her I wouldn't want to be anywhere near her if she existed, the more she likes/loves you, the more she'll want to brutally murder you.

Seta19 said:
Haters gon hate. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

8/10

So true, So true...
Sep 28, 2013 4:25 AM
Apr 2013
I gotta say i wasn't a fan of the last episode. It was messy and cheesey
Sep 28, 2013 4:48 AM
Sep 2013
For those people who didn't understand the ending/ this last episode I will kindly give you lot the chain of events for better understanding :

1) Start of new school year.
2) Uneventful first year together as classmates. Prequel happens here.
3) Mankind's Most Despairingly Maleficent and Monstrous Malefaction
4) Outside world becomes unsuitable to live in. Cause will be explained in the sequel.
5) Shelter project created to protect the surviving students, live in the school forever or till the outside world resumed to normal. Thereafter, the students will rebuild the world with their talents.
6) Only 16 students and headmaster is involved in the shelter project. Reason is ultra super duper major spoilers for sequel.
7) Junko executed the headmaster via The Space Journey
8) Junko removed everyone's memories besides Mukuro. Method is spoiler for prequel.
9) Game start!

I'll also add this quote in as HiddenDoorway actually understands:
HiddenDoorway said:

Also, since when is having a cliffhanger a bad thing? I mean sure, if it's a cliffhanger for no real reason or things that SHOULD have been explained weren't, that's one thing. But everything that NEEDED to be wrapped up was. As for what it is like on the outside world was left out, because it is not the focus of Dangan Ronpa. It is the focus of Dangan Ronpa Zero, Dangan Ronpa Another Episode, and possibly Super Dangan Ronpa 2 (I can't really say, since whether it is or isn't would be a spoiler).

Everything that needed explaining was explained for everything else go and see the other sorce material of DR.
Sep 28, 2013 4:57 AM

Sep 2012
Zetsubo667 said:
For those people who didn't understand the ending/ this last episode I will kindly give you lot the chain of events for better understanding :

1) Start of new school year.
2) Uneventful first year together as classmates. Prequel happens here.
3) Mankind's Most Despairingly Maleficent and Monstrous Malefaction
4) Outside world becomes unsuitable to live in. Cause will be explained in the sequel.
5) Shelter project created to protect the surviving students, live in the school forever or till the outside world resumed to normal. Thereafter, the students will rebuild the world with their talents.
6) Only 16 students and headmaster is involved in the shelter project. Reason is ultra super duper major spoilers for sequel.
7) Junko executed the headmaster via The Space Journey
8) Junko removed everyone's memories besides Mukuro. Method is spoiler for prequel.
9) Game start!

I'll also add this quote in as HiddenDoorway actually understands:
HiddenDoorway said:

Also, since when is having a cliffhanger a bad thing? I mean sure, if it's a cliffhanger for no real reason or things that SHOULD have been explained weren't, that's one thing. But everything that NEEDED to be wrapped up was. As for what it is like on the outside world was left out, because it is not the focus of Dangan Ronpa. It is the focus of Dangan Ronpa Zero, Dangan Ronpa Another Episode, and possibly Super Dangan Ronpa 2 (I can't really say, since whether it is or isn't would be a spoiler).

Everything that needed explaining was explained for everything else go and see the other sorce material of DR.

Finally someone who understands... any series that has a sequel is bound to leave some things unexplained and open. Look at shows like Psycho-Pass for example. Danganronpa´s sequel is already out in Visual Novel format, its a matter of time until the english patch is out, OR an anime adaptation can happen before that. Danganronpa isnt finished at all, I thought the ending was very good.
Sep 28, 2013 4:58 AM

May 2010
Enoshima is so twisted!

I laughed at the conversation between Genocider and Junko, and I feel so sorry for doing that. Oh God, two years, they spent together, that's so sad...

Enoshima is so twisted! Naegi's hope attacks were so much rushed, esp. I wanted Kirigiri/Naegi moment to be more high-quality, but I think, it's just the anime.

I wanted more information about Mukuro, she seemed lovely... I liked Enoshima's masochism and pyschoness, she was real crazy.

Punishment time, reminds me of the "Inu anime" Enoshima's game over is the saddest, she is walking happily with monokuma... That face of hers... I will really miss this anime, it left us with more questions than I expected. Off to search the answers...
Sep 28, 2013 5:06 AM

Dec 2011
I was expecting more of the world outside, not just Naegi becoming the beacon of hope. This series could have gone a two cour at least... and wow, Junko got all of the executions.

And I loved they teased a new season that may happen starting with that pink rabbit eared bear.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2013 6:17 AM

Apr 2013
GOD okay this last trial was very well adapted. Okay Junko, I'm hopelessly in love with you.
ALSO MONOMI WHAT THE OH GOD dying bye
Sep 28, 2013 6:49 AM

Jul 2013
I didn't think they'd be in the trial room for almost all the episode.
I expected that mastermind chick to try and kill everyone or something.
Sep 28, 2013 7:16 AM

Nov 2010
Wow, probably my worst anime of season. the music .. the color of blood .. the Tongue showing which was ultra annoying .. even animation was weird for me ... so overall no, i will not watch a second season.

4/10
Sep 28, 2013 7:23 AM
Nov 2009
Split personalities and amnesias...I enjoyed this series but those elements together with some of the cheese bumped the score down for me. Alot of things left ananswered but I'll still look forward to s2 if it ever comes out. 7/10
Sep 28, 2013 7:55 AM

Jul 2009
I liked the anime. For me it was a perfect alternative for the game (which I didn't know was fully translated already at the time). After that I simply stopped watching, caught up in the game (despite knowing everything that happened until that point) and then beat it, and it was obviously a better experience, but the adaptation wasn't bad. It was actually pretty damn good for the limited amount of time that 13 episodes provide. It had pacing issues at some points, but in general it was all right.

I think the biggest flaw of the adaptation was that it doesn't involve the person watching at all. It doesn't show all of the evidence, each Class Trial progresses like the characters have everything figured out right from the start. I think I was mostly disappointed with the first attempt at Mukuro's trial where Togami says everything in 2 minutes, which takes at least 20 in the game. Of course it's the fault of the lack of time, but if this was a 25-ep adaptation, I think it could be handled better.

I'd give this a solid 7/10. It wasn't bad at all. If you people want to see a shit adaptation, go watch Devil Survivor 2.
Sep 28, 2013 7:56 AM

Apr 2013
Split personalities and amnesias...I enjoyed this series but those elements together with some of the cheese bumped the score down for me. Alot of things left ananswered but I'll still look forward to s2 if it ever comes out. 8/10

Sep 28, 2013 8:03 AM

Sep 2010
Lackluster Series is Lackluster..... PSP Game was so much better than this.... But it's always nice to see the fully animated version of characters and events....

Finale - 3.5/5
Series - 6/10
Sep 28, 2013 8:45 AM

Apr 2013
TragicRomance said:

I wanted more information about Mukuro, she seemed lovely

http://untuned-strings.blogspot.com.ar/2012/12/dangan-ronpa-if-part-1.html
ThangLongSep 28, 2013 1:58 PM
Sep 28, 2013 8:53 AM
Jan 2008
I really love the personalitits of Enoshima Junko
Sep 28, 2013 9:13 AM

Aug 2012
not bad. Instead of 6, i give it a 7/10 because most of the seiyuu had done a good job.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Sep 28, 2013 9:32 AM

Oct 2011
OMG!!!!!!!!!! Does the outside world really look like that???

Junko got all the punishment in one go : 0

Monokuma was an actual person/thing???!!!

Who was that female Monkuma? The 2nd game : 0

I have decided to play the DR1 game. So I can get to know the characters more. But not sure if I should play the 2nd game afterwards. If the anime starts and I have played the game then I won't be able to participate in the next CASE FILE threads TwT. Plus I won't be surprised by the events yet to come.
AnimeFan500Sep 28, 2013 9:35 AM
Sep 28, 2013 9:40 AM

Apr 2013
AnimeFan500 said:

You'll find out later

Monokuma was an actual person/thing???!!!

He was being controlled by Junko yes.
Who was that female Monkuma? The 2nd game : 0

Monomi. She is from the second game.
I have decided to play the DR1 game. So I can get to know the characters more.

Good decision. The second game is translated only in Let's Plays for now. A patch is being worked on but they won't release it if NISA decide to bring it over.
Sep 28, 2013 9:43 AM

Sep 2011
Okay so what's with the amnesia? Junko used the Laser-Guided Amnesia to all the students? It's just plain dumb if they used that to their own selves in order to forget the despair that's happening outside the school.

Too bad Junko died. She's damn hawt until the end of this series.

Mittee said:
AnimeFan500 said:

You'll find out later

Why later?

Nevermind. I seriously didn't expect Danganronpa 2 is a sequel instead of Alternative Setting or similar to that relation.

Mittee said:

I don't think I understand your answer. If in Danganronpa 2, Monokuma will be controlled by another person?

Moderator Edit
Posts Merged
Please do not double post
ThangLongSep 28, 2013 2:17 PM

Sep 28, 2013 10:07 AM
Sep 2013
Tennouji_ said:
Mittee said:

I don't think I understand your answer. If in Danganronpa 2, Monokuma will be controlled by another person?

Monokuma is always controlled by someone, in the first game it was Junko and in the second game I won't say to prevent spoiling.
Sep 28, 2013 10:09 AM

Sep 2011
Zetsubo667 said:
Tennouji_ said:
Mittee said:

Monokuma is always controlled by someone, in the first game it was Junko and in the second game I won't say to prevent spoiling.

Okay. Then there's the another thing, is Mukuro voluntarily took Junko's place when the game started? Or is this some sort of Laser-Guided Amnesia?

Sep 28, 2013 10:10 AM

Nov 2012
Tennouji_ said:
Zetsubo667 said:
Tennouji_ said:
Mittee said:

Okay. Then there's the another thing, is Mukuro voluntarily took Junko's place when the game started? Or is this some sort of Laser-Guided Amnesia?

she voluntarily did, she was a SHSL Despair as well after all.
Sep 28, 2013 10:12 AM

Sep 2013
amazing show
Sep 28, 2013 10:14 AM

Sep 2011
silverwalls said:
Tennouji_ said:
Zetsubo667 said:
Tennouji_ said:
Mittee said:

she voluntarily did, she was a SHSL Despair as well after all.

Then, she played along with her sister's game until she died?

Sep 28, 2013 10:16 AM
Sep 2013
Tennouji_ said:

Yes she did as she was told to by Junko and she also didn't have Amnesia/memory wipe as she was also SHSL Despair and about the Amnesia you will need to read the light novel Dangan Ronpa Zero as it explains how Junko managed to do it there.

Edit:
Tennouji_ said:

Yes because she adores her sister and does whatever she tells her to which is why she was so shocked when she was betrayed.
Sep 28, 2013 10:17 AM

Nov 2012
Tennouji_ said:

yes she did, she didn't expect getting killed though. hence her reaction after she got killed
Sep 28, 2013 10:22 AM

Sep 2011
Zetsubo667 said:

Yes because she adores her sister and does whatever she tells her to which is why she was so shocked when she was betrayed.

silverwalls said:

yes she did, she didn't expect getting killed though. hence her reaction after she got killed

Oh.

Her reaction totally bothered me in which I really thought she didn't voluntarily take her sister's place so I couldn't buy the sister-swap-explanation thing until your answers.

Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 18, 2013

417 by BakaDorayaki »»
May 16, 2:05 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.