Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Nov 20, 2012 4:51 PM

Nov 2011
Quite disappointing overall. I was a big fan of the original Eureka Seven and was hoping this sequel would be a refreshing watch. Oh well, didn't meet my expectations at all. Well, at least the second OP song by Flow and first ED song by Stereophony were good imo. That's all I have to say for now.

Heh, this brings back some memories:

Overall for me..5/10

Damn it Bones.
Nov 20, 2012 4:54 PM

Sep 2011
Stark700 said:

Damn it Bones.
Nov 20, 2012 5:03 PM
Jul 2012
TheMaverickk said:
SpiritxGun36 said:
And i was wondering who was the one to tell Eureka she was selfish to love Renton...i was like wtf. I knew i wasn't going to get an explanation on what happened to the old e7 characters and i had low expectations coming into the episode so I give it a 7/10. Very generous.
This is discussed in the original E7 anime.

There are various instances where Eureka struggles from guilt, because of the actions she's committed in the past, and a sense of responsibility she has from those actions.

For example Ray who blamed Eureka for being barren, and was upset that her adopted children called her mother.... so basically when she's talking about people saying it was selfish of her to want children, that's what she is referring to.

Also there is another point where she talks about the guilt of being happy.... she basically self hates because she knows she's ruined and ended other peoples lives, and believes because of this for, her to enjoy being with Renton, and having that happiness with him, she in turn feels selfish cause she believes she doesn't deserve it.... the fact that she could be so happy despite having made so many others unhappy.

So it isn't directly explained in E7 Ao (which is unfortunate because for those who aren't as familiar with the series, that statement could be lost)... not even a small flash back to those characters... which owuld've been again another nice connector.
K thanks for explaining this. Now i remember what you're talking about.
Nov 20, 2012 5:09 PM
Jul 2012
Ok one thing I am still wondering was the nirvash tha was shown in the intro that looked like the one from the movie. Was it supposed to be rentons new nirvash or did they never show it? And why were renton and eureka piloting seperate nirvashes?
Nov 20, 2012 5:22 PM
Jul 2012
Is it really over? What the hell type of ending was that? What happened to Naru? Fleur? The rest of Generation Blue?

I'd imagine there's another season coming up. Not only is the ending entirely depressing, but they haven't explained anything about any of the characters. Can't really see it closing with Truth just leaving like that, either.

There has to be another season... There just has to.
Nov 20, 2012 5:25 PM

Oct 2008
Sitis said:
Is it really over? What the hell type of ending was that? What happened to Naru? Fleur? The rest of Generation Blue?

I'd imagine there's another season coming up. Not only is the ending entirely depressing, but they haven't explained anything about any of the characters. Can't really see it closing with Truth just leaving like that, either.

It was rushed; there's definitely a lot more that could be substantiated.

For example... the nature and origin of Secrets, never mind their function.
Nov 20, 2012 5:31 PM
Jul 2012
Dangerr said:
Sitis said:

There's definitely going to be another season. They just left everything hanging.
Nov 20, 2012 5:32 PM

Oct 2008
Sitis said:
Dangerr said:
Sitis said:

There's definitely going to be another season. They just left everything hanging.

I highly doubt it.

If there ever is, however, I somehow doubt Ao will be making a reappearance (So yes, a seperate series. This time, hopefully, without Sho Aikawa).
Nov 20, 2012 5:33 PM

Sep 2011
Dangerr said:
Sitis said:
Dangerr said:
Sitis said:

I highly doubt it.

If there ever is, however, I somehow doubt Ao will be making a reappearance.

Pretty much what Dangerr said. They won't make much off BD's
Nov 20, 2012 5:36 PM

Oct 2008
I just want to say that we should all complain to BONES about E7 AO so that they officially make it into a "spin off" E7 and release a proper fucking SEQUEL to E7.

If they fucking making a REAL season where the last one left off I with some time skip I am sure it would make alot of MFs happy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_49H_N43jQ

#MakeAnimeGreatAgain

SAY NO MORE LOLI! BRING MORE GENRES EVERY SEASON THAN JUST LOLI
Nov 20, 2012 5:36 PM

Oct 2008
SpiritxGun36 said:
Ok one thing I am still wondering was the nirvash tha was shown in the intro that looked like the one from the movie. Was it supposed to be rentons new nirvash or did they never show it? And why were renton and eureka piloting seperate nirvashes?
It's supposed to be Renton's new Nirvash. It's not actually the Spec III or V, but some sort of super-LFO that Renton created, obviously designed with likeness of the spec III. Presumably, the "Spec II" that Eureka was flying wasn't the original, but one Renton designed and built to be identical. Apparently, the birthing of LFOs never stopped after the Second Summer of Love, which meant more archetypes that could be utilized.
Nov 20, 2012 5:38 PM

Oct 2008
Maximilious said:
I just want to say that we should all complain to BONES about E7 AO so that they officially make it into a "spin off" E7 and release a proper fucking SEQUEL to E7.

If they fucking making a REAL season where the last one left off I with some time skip I am sure it would make alot of MFs happy.

It's a sequel... just a loose one.
Nov 20, 2012 6:01 PM
Oct 2012
well wat do we do now? hope and wait another 5 or so years for an actual direct sequal?
Nov 20, 2012 6:03 PM

Sep 2011
RentonThurston16 said:
well wat do we do now? hope and wait another 5 or so years for an actual direct sequal?

I don't expect a sequel at all. This turned into a Darker than black fail.
Nov 20, 2012 6:04 PM

Oct 2008
RentonThurston16 said:

Buy the BDs when they come out. There's your only hope.

Me, personally... for the sake of continuity (as I own the first series), and the fact that this show's given me a ton of fun discussion, it's worth the purchase to me. I'm definitely waiting for the localization though.
Nov 20, 2012 6:05 PM
Jul 2018
Just like how Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy X never had a sequel.
Nov 20, 2012 6:09 PM

Dec 2009
Just watched those two last episodes. What can I say? If I take this as a stand alone anime show then it is ok but as part of the Eureka Seven universe I can't accept it. Not at all.

Well, at least the creators were kind enough to tell us that nothing happened in the end. So E7 AO is just... nothing.

Characters weren't interesting, Eureka and Renton didn't get enough screen time. Setting was dull. Villain was lame. Too many episodes that were pointless. Only good points I can point out are the battles, the music and that's all.

My final score: 5/10.
Honorable mention: Biggest disappointment of the year.

As to the people who say that Eureka Seven: Psalms of the Planets should get a proper sequel, care to explain how it would work? As far as I remember Renton and Eureka managed to save the world and managed to live together happily, the same with Anemone and Dominic. Can't find how a real sequel to the original one would work.
Nov 20, 2012 6:13 PM

Feb 2012
the only thing i got out of this series is that renton stated that eureka is his wife. which means they got married <33333...everything else can die in the shadow realm
Nov 20, 2012 6:22 PM

Mar 2012
WrathSC said:
the only thing i got out of this series is that renton stated that eureka is his wife. which means they got married <33333...everything else can die in the shadow realm

Apparently you missed the end of Eureka Seven when the grandfather was looking over the family list and had written clear as day "Eureka Thurston" on the roster.
Nov 20, 2012 6:23 PM

Mar 2010
Wait, people think this was rushed? Lol.... that's funny..

I personally liked the ending, it would have been nice to have another episode, or an extending scene for the end. So much was left open and confusing, but it was still alright. There has definitely been worse.
Nov 20, 2012 6:26 PM

Mar 2012
MoonFox said:
Wait, people think this was rushed? Lol.... that's funny..

I personally liked the ending, it would have been nice to have another episode, or an extending scene for the end. So much was left open and confusing, but it was still alright. There has definitely been worse.

I don't. You can't tell me a 24 episode sequel series released 5 years after the original series is "rushed".

Personally, I just thought it was poorly written.
Nov 20, 2012 6:29 PM

Jan 2012
I fail to see why E7 ever needed a sequel besides the fact that Bones thought they could try and milk more out of one best animes they ever made. If so, they should of just made it into a movie or an 3 to 4 ova.

Why I think Eureka Seven AO sucked as a sequel:
It didn't have the same feeling E7 gave off: I don't really know how to explain this one. It's just that the atmosphere and surroundings weren't the same. As a sequel, I expected E7 AO to make me feel like I was watching E7 again.

There wasn't a variety of characters: In E7, there was a variety of characters of different ages and different personalities. There was also episodes that gave each character development. E7 AO doesn't (although it tries)

Same episode formula at the beginning: The first couple of episodes was fighting a secret.

The Villain sucks: Truth was not that great of a villain.

No Real love interest: In E7 since episode 1, Renton was in love with Eureka and we as the viewers knew that they were the main couple. With Ao, he doesn't have a love interest or a girl he has a crush on. You can argue Naru, but E7 AO never spends that much time on their relationship nor do they end up together.

Went back in time: I'm pretty sure we all wanted/ expected everything to be years after E7, not years back.

Ao doesn't really grow up in the end: You see Renton grow over the course of E7. Ao does not. To me, he is still at the same level as episode 1.

The Orginal characters don't appear at all: Do I really need to explain this one?

Renton, Eureka, and Ao don't become a family in the end: Even after the disaster called Eureka Seven AO; I still expected the three of them to be a true family at the end.

We all expected more: I'm pretty sure we all expected more out of E7 AO. The first 4 episodes were really good. The rest of the episode just did not live up to our expectations. Its really sad when everyone's favorite episodes are the ones where Eureka and Renton appear.
Nov 20, 2012 6:35 PM
Oct 2012
S UP FOR GOOD
Linkark07 said:
Just watched those two last episodes. What can I say? If I take this as a stand alone anime show then it is ok but as part of the Eureka Seven universe I can't accept it. Not at all.

Well, at least the creators were kind enough to tell us that nothing happened in the end. So E7 AO is just... nothing.

Characters weren't interesting, Eureka and Renton didn't get enough screen time. Setting was dull. Villain was lame. Too many episodes that were pointless. Only good points I can point out are the battles, the music and that's all.

My final score: 5/10.
Honorable mention: Biggest disappointment of the year.

As to the people who say that Eureka Seven: Psalms of the Planets should get a proper sequel, care to explain how it would work? As far as I remember Renton and Eureka managed to save the world and managed to live together happily, the same with Anemone and Dominic. Can't find how a real sequel to the original one would work.
how about they show some bull headed rebels that refused to give up i mean we might think we knew everything dewey did but in essence there is plenty of stuff to come up with simply because he was elabret enough to make that planetoratorio plan i think it was why could he have experimented with clones of himeself or heavyly influinced enough people to pose a threat? its all in back ground things we ignore its possible.
Nov 20, 2012 6:39 PM
Sep 2012
After re-watching episode 24 a few times, I find it not really that bad of ending for a series. I mean, it's obviously not a great ending, but definitely not as bad as many of you have said in this thread.

For one, many of you have said that Renton gave up Ao too easily, but I beg to differ. Remember, there was this big Nirvash vs Nirvash fight prior to Ao getting the Quartz gun and proceeds to change history. Renton fought extremely hard to keep Ao out of it, even if it means sacrificing everything that he holds dear, yes even Eureka.

As a parent myself and have gone through similar ordeal, I can completely understand the anguish and sadness that Renton and Eureka felt with Ao's older sister. It's an unimaginable pain that will forever stay with you. As a parent, you would rather die yourself than to lose your own child. The sense of hopelessness really eats away at you. But miraculously, Ao managed to convince his dad he is OK, that his dad doesn't have to keep on sacrificing for him and as his son, he would rather see his parents be happy for themselves, and for him. This realization likely came after old man Fukai told Ao about the passing of his older sister.

Remember, Ao was angry at his dad all this time for not being there for him and for Eureka. Then it hits him, everything that Eureka and Renton had done was for him, so that Ao could live, even if it means Ao being forever separated from Renton and Eureka through time, space and universes.

So back to the scene with Ao meeting with Eureka 10 year ago on the island quartz incident. Renton and Eureka reunited and accepted that Ao has made his decision to shoulder the burden of drifting through time, space and universes that was previously Eureka sacrificed to keep Ao safe. However, something was different this time around, Ao had Nirvash Neo with Truth as the archetype and the Quartz gun. Ao was able to eliminate whatever threats posed by Secrets and Scub Corals from that time in history. Ao was able to then travel to distant future, another universe where his parents are from and see for the first time the love his parents shared. That was touching, very touching.

Ao then spent (who knows however long) travelling through time and space. During that time period, he appeared before Eureka during her first accidental visit to the past and saved her. That was quite ingenious on BONES part I think, to have something like that set so early.

In the end, Ao didn't disappear, he continues to live until he finally got back to the universe where he grew up in. I would imagine Ao's final words to Fleur that was unfortunately cut off was to be "After I save my mom... I'll definitely return!"

So ya, we have an older Ao in Quartz form Nirvash Neo with Truthie as his only friend for time they were adrift (oh the irony). Pay close attention, when Ao jumped out of the Quartz form Nirvash Neo, there were trapars in the atmosphere, so Ao definitely did not fall to his death like many of you have wished.

This is actually a pretty open ended ending, BONES can easily follow up with another 25 episodes if they so desire. Ao did say goodbye to Truthie, and believed that someday they will meet again.

Not bad, not great like the original, but I was not disappointed either.
lkxNov 20, 2012 6:44 PM
Nov 20, 2012 6:52 PM

Oct 2008
lkx said:
This is actually a pretty open ended ending, BONES can easily follow up with another 25 episodes if they so desire. Ao did say goodbye to Truthie, and believed that someday they will meet again.

I don't know... there's a certain air of finality to things when you give Holland's old VA to Renton (kind of dismisses the chance of ever revisiting Holland, at least). They had a story they wanted to tell with this, and it was that of their child, and the implications that went along with it. The ending, while I've decided that it was good, would have resonated a lot more with better writing and proper buildup (too much exposition-dump at the end, which is where I give it the denotation of "rushed"). I didn't inherently have a problem with the MotW formula (Eva did it well, for example) earlier on in the series, but it failed to properly build its characters as much as it was world-building (which I personally enjoyed, though that takes a second-seat to characterization). Truth was another entity, in the end, that I believe was a good idea, but also lacked proper execution, which lies largely with the way he was presented (Cryptic bishonen with a penchant towards arrogantly flaunting his powers, which at the beginning at least, is too much of a jarring contrast towards the rest of the world presented).

Given what came before, it could have been better, and there was a genuinely good story to tell here... it just lacked proper execution. Overall, I still think it's a good series, though it's incredibly polarizing, and it's easy to see why.
DangerrNov 20, 2012 6:55 PM
Nov 20, 2012 6:59 PM
Oct 2012
lkx said:
After re-watching episode 24 a few times, I find it not really that bad of ending for a series. I mean, it's obviously not a great ending, but definitely not as bad as many of you have said in this thread.

For one, many of you have said that Renton gave up Ao too easily, but I beg to differ. Remember, there was this big Nirvash vs Nirvash fight prior to Ao getting the Quartz gun and proceeds to change history. Renton fought extremely hard to keep Ao out of it, even if it means sacrificing everything that he holds dear, yes even Eureka.

As a parent myself and have gone through similar ordeal, I can completely understand the anguish and sadness that Renton and Eureka felt with Ao's older sister. It's an unimaginable pain that will forever stay with you. As a parent, you would rather die yourself than to lose your own child. The sense of hopelessness really eats away at you. But miraculously, Ao managed to convince his dad he is OK, that his dad doesn't have to keep on sacrificing for him and as his son, he would rather see his parents be happy for themselves, and for him. This realization likely came after old man Fukai told Ao about the passing of his older sister.

Remember, Ao was angry at his dad all this time for not being there for him and for Eureka. Then it hits him, everything that Eureka and Renton had done was for him, so that Ao could live, even if it means Ao being forever separated from Renton and Eureka through time, space and universes.

So back to the scene with Ao meeting with Eureka 10 year ago on the island quartz incident. Renton and Eureka reunited and accepted that Ao has made his decision to shoulder the burden of drifting through time, space and universes that was previously Eureka sacrificed to keep Ao safe. However, something was different this time around, Ao had Nirvash Neo with Truth as the archetype and the Quartz gun. Ao was able to eliminate whatever threats posed by Secrets and Scub Corals from that time in history. Ao was able to then travel to distant future, another universe where his parents are from and see for the first time the love his parents shared. That was touching, very touching.

Ao then spent (who knows however long) travelling through time and space. During that time period, he appeared before Eureka during her first accidental visit to the past and saved her. That was quite ingenious on BONES part I think, to have something like that set so early.

In the end, Ao didn't disappear, he continues to live until he finally got back to the universe where he grew up in. I would imagine Ao's final words to Fleur that was unfortunately cut off was to be "After I save my mom... I'll definitely return!"

So ya, we have an older Ao in Quartz form Nirvash Neo with Truthie as his only friend for time they were adrift (oh the irony). Pay close attention, when Ao jumped out of the Quartz form Nirvash Neo, there were trapars in the atmosphere, so Ao definitely did not fall to his death like many of you have wished.

well me being 16 i wouldnt understand that pain though i know the pain of losing a close loved one (grandfather) but you pretty much took care of wat i could say on the matter, I THINK though that a sequal could ease the minds and hearts of many E7 fans.....
Nov 20, 2012 7:02 PM

Sep 2011
lkx said:

QFT
Nov 20, 2012 7:05 PM

Jan 2011
So basically the ending was that the story aside from Ao never happened?

Great ending.
Nov 20, 2012 7:06 PM
Jul 2018
Why does no one mention the fact that they didn't even put a "to be continued" or "the end" at the end of the episode. All they put was thanks for watching. I think that this leaves the door open for either a sequel series or a new season.
Nov 20, 2012 7:11 PM

Mar 2012
kaykenner54 said:
It didn't have the same feeling E7 gave off: I don't really know how to explain this one. It's just that the atmosphere and surroundings weren't the same. As a sequel, I expected E7: AO to make me feel like I was watching E7 again. - That's because E7: AO went a more dramatic, plot driven route than E7's character driven route. There was more of an emphasis put on developing the characters and letting the plot work itself out whereas E7: AO focused more so on the plot and the characters were just there, putting little emphasis on their backgrounds or personalities.

There wasn't a variety of characters: In E7, there was a variety of characters of different ages and different personalities. There was also episodes that gave each character development. E7 AO doesn't (although it tries) - I wouldn't say that. There were a variety of characters in E7: AO but the problem was they weren't developed. There was very little relationship building between Ao and the cast of characters around him. One thing that made E7 so great was it was great seeing the character building between Renton and his Gekko State comrades. You could sense the dramatic tension between them. This? There was very little, probably the most being put between Ao and Fleur as well as a little with Elena. It wasn't nearly enough.

Same episode formula at the beginning: The first couple of episodes was fighting a secret. - Going back to your last point, I got the impression that instead of showing us character building through personal experiences, this show tried do it through camaraderie of fighting Secrets.

The Villain sucks: Truth was not that great of a villain. - That's because he isn't really the villain and therein lies the problem with this series. They tried to pull a villain card with Truth and then pulled a "but he's actually an archetype for the Nirvash", essentially making him a hero type. I thought it was a pretty lousy move.

No Real love interest: In E7 since episode 1, Renton was in love with Eureka and we as the viewers knew that they were the main couple. With Ao, he doesn't have a love interest or a girl he has a crush on. You can argue Naru, but E7 AO never spends that much time on their relationship nor do they end up together. - I actually didn't have a problem with that. This series doesn't necessarily need a "love interest". After all, Ao is only 12 years old and I can tell you from personal experience that when I was 12, I really wasn't that interested in girls yet. Keep in mind in E7, Renton was 14 and probably going through puberty, hitting that age where he'd become interested in girls. Ao hasn't quite reached that age yet so a lack of love interest actually seemed believable.

Went back in time: I'm pretty sure we all wanted/ expected everything to be years after E7, not years back. - I'd agree with you to some extent. I do think they could've pulled off a decent time travel plot...but the problem is they didn't. In an attempt to be deep with their time travel/dimensional travel plot, they just made the series confusing as all hell. Of course, it FINALLY made a lick of sense by the end, but another problem was the payoff wasn't worth the suspense.

Ao doesn't really grow up in the end: You see Renton grow over the course of E7. Ao does not. To me, he is still at the same level as episode 1. - I'll disagree with you a little bit on this one. Or maybe not really so much "grow", he (in my opinion) is already quite a bit more mature than Renton was. Of course, considering Ao's early life, it's understandable. He was put in a situation where he was going to be more mature at an earlier age.

The Orginal characters don't appear at all: Do I really need to explain this one? - That's not much of an issue if this series could create a competent cast of characters. It did not.

Renton, Eureka, and Ao don't become a family in the end: Even after the disaster called Eureka Seven AO; I still expected the three of them to be a true family at the end. - I'll agree with you here and I'll even add this. It made Renton and Eureka seem gutless. The nature of parents is to protect your children and nurture them for their future. While we saw a little bit of that with Eureka, it was moot at the end with Renton essentially sacrificing himself so he could send his parents back to their future so they could live their lives. No parent (at least not a good one) would want to leave their child behind to be sacrificed like that, and considering Renton and Eureka's personalities, they are the last ones to do something like that.

We all expected more: I'm pretty sure we all expected more out of E7 AO. The first 4 episodes were really good. The rest of the episode just did not live up to our expectations. Its really sad when everyone's favorite episodes are the ones where Eureka and Renton appear. - Sadly, they aren't even my favorite episodes considering a majority of their airtime was the last and second to last episodes and those episodes were incredibly weak to conclude this series.
Nov 20, 2012 7:12 PM

Oct 2008
Falads said:
So basically the ending was that the story aside from Ao never happened?

Great ending.

The journey Ao took, and the consequences of his parents, however, did happen; the significance isn't the outcome of Ao's "past life", but the fact that he saved his parents from their self-destructive path towards keeping their son alive in a maligned dimensional limbo. I'll concede, however, that if you're only invested in the relationships he built around the principal cast, this outcome's likely to be a punch in the gut, though in the background, throughout the entire series, the consequences of his parents were always subtly influencing the events around him, least of all, his very existence.

It's funny; I was leaning more towards scrutiny like everyone else after seeing the ending, but the more I look at it, the more I think that it was actually kind of a beautiful, if sad conclusion.
DangerrNov 20, 2012 7:32 PM
Nov 20, 2012 7:13 PM

Sep 2009
I'm disappointed in this show...not because it was a completely horrible show (it's not really that bad when compared to other anime in general), but because if they had just changed a few things, it could have been so much better. The biggest issue for me is that there is no closure for the other characters established during the show (and not enough development for some). It's definitely no surprise that fans of the original E7 would likely be disappointed in this.
Nov 20, 2012 7:48 PM

Nov 2012
saxophone15 said:
I'm disappointed in this show...not because it was a completely horrible show (it's not really that bad when compared to other anime in general), but because if they had just changed a few things, it could have been so much better. The biggest issue for me is that there is no closure for the other characters established during the show (and not enough development for some). It's definitely no surprise that fans of the original E7 would likely be disappointed in this.
That's personally my feelings as well.

Overall it's not terrible series..... but it was needlessly convoluted.

There was no absolutely no need for Eureka Seven to revolve around time travel/parallel universe.

Simply put seemed like a poor choice for an anime that revolved around human growth and experience.

Much the same, although there was some of those moments where Ao truly is growing up and learning, they were still few and far between.... in many instances he seems far too calm and cool for a 13 year old boy.

By comparison Renton was 14 years old, and the original E7 really captured that sort of awkward naivety of being a teenager. Sure Ao is not the same person, they have different personalities... but Ao was just too much a mini adult. Honestly did a little too much brooding.

These aspects just strike me as poor creative choices. It's not as though they are the worst things they could've done, but they certainly could've done a lot better. In many respects if they had returned to the source material a bit more they may have achieved that.

This is putting aside many convoluted details, like why there are two Nirvashes... technically the Nirvash that Renton has should be the same Nirvash we saw at the end of the first E7... it looks exactly like it except armored. So there is no explanation to as to why Eureka is piloting past Nirvash.... and there is little explanation why it as a sentient being made the decision to attack Truth, or aid Naru (it's sentient, wouldn't it have recognized that Ao was not only part Coralian, but also the son of Eureka).

Even some character choices like Naru swiping away flux Eureka from the cockpit... I mean where was that anger from, and what did she have personally against Eureka, Ao's mom.

There just was so many details that are ill explained.
Nov 20, 2012 7:53 PM

Jan 2010
Thanks for ruining another series Bones. First Darker Than Black, Now E7. What other well received series will you make a shit sequel to?
Nov 20, 2012 7:56 PM

Jan 2010
I liked how in the end the anime "never existed".

It should have stayed that way from the start. I would have been a lot happier if I didn't watch this.
Ok™
Nov 20, 2012 8:04 PM

Feb 2012
Here's a protip anime developers - if you can't for the life of you make loose ends meet and craft a decent story with time travel and parallel universes, which is a giganticly hard task in itself, then don't even bloody try.

This series is such a large trainwreck, filled with so many plotholes, lack of common sense and bad decisions that I think I'll pretend it never happened in the first place. I feel trolled by Bones.
Nov 20, 2012 8:29 PM

Aug 2009
quite pity that not the same script writer of eureka ....... ruin the series.......completely spoil my mood....... :(
Nov 20, 2012 8:32 PM
Sep 2012
I totally agree that other than Ao's relationship with his parents, not much else was resolved.

Is scub coral still present in the final timeline? Judging from the trapars in the atmosphere, yes. So then what about the secrets? Have they given up destroying scub corals altogether? We don't know at all.

What about Renton and Eureka's world/universe? Are people still all dead from secrets' invasion? If that's the case, it's a pretty crappy world to return to.

Unsatisfying to say the least in other aspects of the overall plot.
Nov 20, 2012 8:42 PM

Oct 2008
lkx said:
I totally agree that other than Ao's relationship with his parents, not much else was resolved.

Is scub coral still present in the final timeline? Judging from the trapars in the atmosphere, yes. So then what about the secrets? Have they given up destroying scub corals altogether? We don't know at all.

What about Renton and Eureka's world/universe? Are people still all dead from secrets' invasion? If that's the case, it's a pretty crappy world to return to.

Unsatisfying to say the least in other aspects of the overall plot.

And that's where the unlimited potential of other sequels lie. Though this series hasn't dissuaded me from the idea, it's seemingly done so for a lot of the others here. In order for any future projects to be successful, however, it's certainly become clear that any rendition of the franchise needs Renton and Eureka, in some capacity, to succeed (And most importantly, better writing).
DangerrNov 20, 2012 11:11 PM
Nov 20, 2012 8:49 PM

Aug 2012
coolfahad76 said:
Oh and what about Fleur? She looked so sad when he was about leave T_T poor Fleur could never get her feelings out to him!

sad...

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Nov 20, 2012 9:31 PM

Jul 2012
It wasn't that bad in my opinion. Sure it was disappointing, but I still enjoyed it in the end.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Nov 20, 2012 9:32 PM

Apr 2012

>mfw people wanted Naru to die
>mfw people still calling AO sequel
>mfw people ignoring the fact that we had a chance to see awesome Nirvash Neo, awesome Renton AND his awesome Nirvash
Nov 20, 2012 9:33 PM

Jul 2012
Brigandi said:
lkx said:

QFT

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Nov 20, 2012 9:39 PM

Jul 2012
kaykenner54 said:

First sentence, argument invalid.
Eureka Seven AO isnt a sequel, its a side story, a spin-off, its own thing. It is not necessarily meant to be compared to Eureka Seven PoP. Judge it by its own merits, not its predecessor's.

Nov 20, 2012 9:42 PM

Aug 2010
Well, it could have been better but at least it was a nice reunion (imo) at the very end. The whole Naru and Ao thing just sort of got swept under the rug, though. I can't blame bones, I feel as if E7 AO needed 50 episodes because that is how much story they tried to cram into 24 episodes. Of couse, if you think the story needed to be better, or not exist at all, then the number of episodes really doesn't matter.
Nov 20, 2012 9:43 PM

Oct 2008
QuiGonJon said:
kaykenner54 said:

First sentence, argument invalid.
Eureka Seven AO isnt a sequel, its a side story, a spin-off, its own thing. It is not necessarily meant to be compared to Eureka Seven PoP. Judge it by its own merits, not its predecessor's.

It is technically a sequel; the producers have stated this.

To specify, it's a sequel only insofar as Renton and Eureka's plotline goes, which is their legacy, being Ao. From a character perspective, that's the only factor, honestly, though the actions of the Scub Coral post-Second Summer of Love kind of makes it a direct sequel on a much larger scale in big ways.
DangerrNov 20, 2012 9:51 PM
Nov 20, 2012 9:46 PM

Jun 2007
This show sucked from beginning to end. There simply was not enough character development nor story to this show. I understand the direction they where going but I feel if they invested more time on character development like they did in the first series, we would have felt more attachment to characters and the story.
Nov 20, 2012 9:52 PM

Aug 2010
DeathfireD said:
This show sucked from beginning to end. There simply was not enough character development nor story to this show. I understand the direction they where going but I feel if they invested more time on character development like they did in the first series, we would have felt more attachment to characters and the story.

Yes, someone agrees with me that the show needed more time to develop the story and characters. I think 50 episodes like the original E7 would have been nice. Heck, it could have even thrown in an over-dramatic love triangle for a few episodes, but people might have mixed feelings about that.

I forgot to mention this in my first post:
bastek66 said:
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS!!!!!!!

I imagined this being said in HCBailly's voice. Similar to how he shouts GAAAAAAAMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
He does LP's on youtube if you were wondering.
Nov 20, 2012 10:01 PM
Jun 2011
why gazelle looks like holland? is he holland's great-great-great grandfather? the end of the series, ao lives in the past while his parents live in the future. pergh...... really twisted story...

and then, it means ao's world and his parents' world are separate universe right? since truth gone, scub gobe, nirvash built by renton gone, including all those guys fighting like idiots.

history return like before scub came, only different is ao is the only one flung to the past, to live without his parents by his side.

bones, make ova or movie to show whether renton and eureka will meet their son or not..!!!!!!!!!!! i'm begging u!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2012 10:35 PM

Jul 2011
Wait, it's over ? This is the last episode?

I want to know what happened after the 2 years...maybe an OVA ?
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

156 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bastek66 - Sep 27, 2012

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 3:47 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2012

96 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 12:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.