Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 30, 2021 11:46 AM
May 2016
medievalegg said:
Sondfer said:

Ai flashes two Vs, or II, so season 2 maybe?
hmm didn't think about it but wasn't it announced that this ep would be the final one?

End card said "The End" so yes that was the end.
Jun 30, 2021 11:56 AM

Jan 2009
MenchiK1 said:
deg said:

the thing is in science Alternate Timelines or Parallel Worlds does not work like you interpret it or it will have a lot of those time paradox

so for me they just jump to a world where the Accas and the Secretary of Neiru have the same memories and experiences of the previous timeline or world

That's the thing that's different about this show, it's not said explicitly but in this there is just one parallel world (which Frill created) when the girls enter it at the park the egg girls are also brought there to interact from a alternate timeline/world. When they "poof" disappear they return to their original timeline world, only the girls who are statues get removed from their world and brought to this one, basically being swapped out the difference being at the time they met the girls who save them. Remember when they meet an egg girl she is dead and knows she killed herself. Just like Ai and the rest have "parallel" bodies (which can do superhuman things) so do they. it's like they become AI inside a computer world, like the Matrix. (in fact I'm pretty sure that's what it's supposed to be, just without the brain jack)

it is i even wanna call it like a Purgatory World but The Matrix world is good too

although i remember this scene now

so your interpretation is more correct in this case although to me that will create a ripple effect or butterfly effect for the rest of the world though if its still the original timeline

Jun 30, 2021 12:02 PM
May 2016
deg said:
MenchiK1 said:

That's the thing that's different about this show, it's not said explicitly but in this there is just one parallel world (which Frill created) when the girls enter it at the park the egg girls are also brought there to interact from a alternate timeline/world. When they "poof" disappear they return to their original timeline world, only the girls who are statues get removed from their world and brought to this one, basically being swapped out the difference being at the time they met the girls who save them. Remember when they meet an egg girl she is dead and knows she killed herself. Just like Ai and the rest have "parallel" bodies (which can do superhuman things) so do they. it's like they become AI inside a computer world, like the Matrix. (in fact I'm pretty sure that's what it's supposed to be, just without the brain jack)

it is i even wanna call it like a Purgatory World but The Matrix world is good too

although i remember this scene now

so your interpretation is more correct in this case although to me that will create a ripple effect or butterfly effect for the rest of the world though if its still the original timeline

Yes I remember that scene and it's what lead me to my view, but like you said it has to create a ripple, just look at Ai's mom and her sensei, just imagine how this changes the girl's actual family.
Jun 30, 2021 12:06 PM
Dec 2017
MenchiK1 said:
medievalegg said:
hmm didn't think about it but wasn't it announced that this ep would be the final one?

Episode 12 had "thank you so much" at the end, which didn't implied any sequels either.
But here we have Ai showing II or V, and saying "Ohto Ai is back". Weird way to end the series, if it's what it is.
Jun 30, 2021 12:23 PM
May 2016
Sondfer said:
MenchiK1 said:

Episode 12 had "thank you so much" at the end, which didn't implied any sequels either.
But here we have Ai showing II or V, and saying "Ohto Ai is back". Weird way to end the series, if it's what it is.

Watch ep 12 where she excitedly tells the parallel Ai "I'm going to be a warrior of love and defeat thanatos (death)" and then this episode she keeps asking the other girls to go back to the park but they are too frightened. The end is a month later, so when she says "Ai is back" she means she's back to her old self we see in ep 12. Could there be more? Sure but we know what she's going to do, save as many egg girls as she can until she gets to Neiru and can bring her back.
Jun 30, 2021 12:32 PM

Sep 2019
Holy shit this was so bad. Not only didn't it answer any questions from the previous episodes, it even gave us more questions. Ugh.
Jun 30, 2021 12:52 PM

Nov 2018
Now THIS is why I watch PreCure, I know what I'll get and I won't be either toyed with or disappointed. Unlike here, CW really can't stop fucking up this year can they? I would say just shut it down already but they still are in charge of the shitty Fate gacha adaptations so they still remain sustainable on those basis.
Jun 30, 2021 1:07 PM
May 2016
Don't know why I just thought of this now but since Neiru was created at the company (or I guess technically Airu) meaning someone donated egg and sperm. Was it supposed to be obvious the secretary was the egg donor since they look so much alike (same eyes and dark skin)? And she is basically her mom?
MenchiK1Jun 30, 2021 1:11 PM
Jun 30, 2021 1:28 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ironic that they call this episode 'Priority', but there's no priority after all when making this goddamn piece of crap. I don't even care whats goin on behind the screen. Its just, uh, too bad.

I mean, based on the previous 12 episode, its make sense and clear to me if Neiru appear as a center of focus and attention here, on the second half, ofc. She is the obvious last girl with no conclusion on the previous 12 episode. But, you can't just left it half-assed and then cold like that, teasing like crazy with goddamn Ai pose in the end, but the girls easily just said, owari. Moreover with the additional duration of those recapshit in the first half. How long this trend of recapshit continue? I mean, back to topic, come on. I feel like, whoever involved on this project, wep can't creating a proper end. They just too ambitious, burnt in the middle, and suddenly become an amnesia whose forget about what to do after. Then, that's this, a special for y'all, ignoring wep basic with such a shite open end like that. Its not even an open end, though. Its a dissapointment.

Wep back, your ass.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 30, 2021 1:32 PM
Sep 2017
My general opinion about this episode is that it was not good, but there are two possibilities: If this was an episode to end the SEASON, it is still not good but it becomes acceptable, given that he answered some questions, I would rate it as 6/10. If this was an episode to conclude ANIME as a whole, it was a bad episode because instead of answering our questions (It only answered a few, and not the most important ones), it left us with even more doubts, I would rate it as 3/10. I'll be waiting for a possible second season, but a bit disappointed with this "special episode"
Jun 30, 2021 1:34 PM

Jan 2009
MenchiK1 said:
Don't know why I just thought of this now but since Neiru was created at the company (or I guess technically Airu) meaning someone donated egg and sperm. Was it supposed to be obvious the secretary was the egg donor since they look so much alike (same eyes and dark skin)? And she is basically her mom?

i thought it was said Neiru is an AI or robot so how come she needs egg cell and sperm cells lol
Jun 30, 2021 1:53 PM

Sep 2020
i'm super disappointed tbh, the first half was literally just a recap, so we didn't even really get a "special", just another episode. the ending felt really random and weird, and didn't they end the last episode with an argument? did we just forget about that? storywise i feel bad for all of the girls, everything they did amounted to nothing, the people they saved don't even remember them. i was expecting a lot, and i think i should have just realized from the previous episodes that this wasn't going to end well. i'm just really disappointed.
Jun 30, 2021 1:54 PM
May 2016
deg said:
MenchiK1 said:

i thought it was said Neiru is an AI or robot so how come she needs egg cell and sperm cells lol

Before she revealed she was an AI she said she was created at the company from two people who worked there, obviously when it was revealed she is an AI this was of course referring to her sister Airu who Kotobuki modeled Neiru on (which is why I put Neiru/Airu) and looks identical.

Apr 2015
3 months... 3 F***ing months for 25 minutes recap and 21 minutes of new content that made no sense whatsoever. My disappointment is off the charts. We got no answers, but instead more questions and an ending that just didn't feel like an ending. Feels like we're missing so much info...

Apr 2016
MenchiK1 said:
LBi said:

If I understood your comment well, you seem to hint that Neiru leaving was partly because Rika rejected her and Ai didn't answer the phone, if I got that right, I think there's a problem regarding timeline. My issue is where the "Ai not answering the call" actually is in the timeline. At the beginning, Neiru is seen on her way to leave (at this point she made the decision to leave to another world), yet when she comes across Ai, there doesn't seem to be any awkwardness, Neiru leaves Adam to Ai and then, presumably, meets Frill and goes to a different world. Ai's phone isn't broken so we know for sure it happened before the ignored call where the phone is indeed broken. She calls Neiru later on, worried about her sudden disappearance (the phone is still in good shape), no answer, we can assume Neiru is gone already.

If I misunderstood you hinting at Neiru's motives for leaving being shunned by the group, ignore this whole message.

My question though is : who was the Neiru calling at the end? Did Neiru get replaced because she left this world and if so how does she know Ai (or care altogether)?

I think initially Neiru just went off to think what to do (notice her debating at the beginning by having her slippers talk to each other) and wait for them to learn the truth about her, when she meets Ai everything is still normal and Ai doesn't know she is going anywhere (or an AI). She only realizes this when she finds Adam with the note (which implied it would only be temporary). I'm assuming when she does call Ai she is still in this world and has decided to stay but Ai doesn't answer (did she call the other girls too?) because she has now found out she is an AI. This is when Neiru decides to leave for the parallel world, she didn't answer her phone when Ai initially called her because she was waiting for them to discover the truth (which she knew they would) and was waiting for their reaction. When Ai doesn't answer the later call (after she learns the truth) Neiru gets her answer. Like her sister said "there is no place for you in this world".
It's all VERY subtle.

But doesn't Neiru's secretary call to tell Ai, Neiru is missing? I don't think it's a lie either because just saying "I need to talk to you, it's about Neiru" Ai would've come, no doubting that. Also where is Neiru then? Not working, not at her residence (when they're showed the tape she isn't there). Idk

Edit: I realize she might just be far away, hiding. Also she has a good idea about when their friends will have the revelation she's an AI to test them, but hey that's just a convenience.
LBiJun 30, 2021 1:58 PM
Jun 30, 2021 1:56 PM

Jan 2009
MenchiK1 said:
deg said:

Before she revealed she was an AI she said she was created at the company from two people who worked there, obviously when it was revealed she is an AI this was of course referring to her sister Airu who Kotobuki modeled Neiru on (which is why I put Neiru/Airu) and looks identical.

do you remember what episode that was said? i just vaguely remember that Neiru has no parents revealed on old episodes
Jun 30, 2021 2:14 PM
May 2013
I just rewatched the show for the 4th time prior to the special so that I'm fully in tune with all the symbolism and plot points. And then I get this. Well that sucks. I want to note that it's very clear from how the shot composition and directing is done that majority of the non-animation staff of this episode changed completely. The contrast is incredibly stark. I'm really confused why would they even go about with producing this special if the original staff couldnt work on it anymore, be it health issues or politics.
Jun 30, 2021 2:24 PM
Feb 2020
can some one explain to me this ending I'm am just so confused. I saw on livechart it said in the descriptions it said it was just gonna be where episode 13 left off. now is says its the conclusion to the series. Is this the end or did I miss something. she even said shes back so........ ugh my brain.
Jun 30, 2021 2:28 PM
May 2016
deg said:
MenchiK1 said:

do you remember what episode that was said? i just vaguely remember that Neiru has no parents revealed on old episodes

Was it ep 9 with her backstory?

edit yep ep 9

And geez it's so obvious, can't believe I was fooled by the Clark Kent glasses

Also I suggest everyone rewatch this episode now that we have seen the end, a LOT was revealed that you couldn't make sense of at the time. Also the Kotobuki Neiru meets in this is from an alternate timeline and knows it and is the one who we see in ep 13 that has come back. She even says she'll make friends with her new friends. Also lots of revelations about Uraaca and Acca and the secretary.
MenchiK1Jun 30, 2021 3:17 PM
Jun 30, 2021 2:29 PM
May 2016
GymTeacherJake said:
can some one explain to me this ending I'm am just so confused. I saw on livechart it said in the descriptions it said it was just gonna be where episode 13 left off. now is says its the conclusion to the series. Is this the end or did I miss something. she even said shes back so........ ugh my brain.

Look up my posts on the previous pages.
Jun 30, 2021 2:31 PM

Feb 2011
imagine spending three months to produce this ending
imagine being unable to deliver a satisfying and coherent conclusion TO YOUR OWN ORIGINAL SHOW
imagine being hospitalized for working on 20 mins of animated content in the span of 3 months
episode still looks rough

BIG YIKES 4/10
Jun 30, 2021 2:34 PM

Oct 2010
This was embarrassing.
Jun 30, 2021 2:37 PM

Mar 2014
You see what happens when you people call this a "Masterpiece" before the ending?!

Welp time to change my rating from 8 to 6 for the original anime. Poor shame, all we can hope for now is a movie but really...with the blu Ray sales I have heard about that won't be for a long time
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jun 30, 2021 2:38 PM
May 2016
LBi said:
MenchiK1 said:

I think initially Neiru just went off to think what to do (notice her debating at the beginning by having her slippers talk to each other) and wait for them to learn the truth about her, when she meets Ai everything is still normal and Ai doesn't know she is going anywhere (or an AI). She only realizes this when she finds Adam with the note (which implied it would only be temporary). I'm assuming when she does call Ai she is still in this world and has decided to stay but Ai doesn't answer (did she call the other girls too?) because she has now found out she is an AI. This is when Neiru decides to leave for the parallel world, she didn't answer her phone when Ai initially called her because she was waiting for them to discover the truth (which she knew they would) and was waiting for their reaction. When Ai doesn't answer the later call (after she learns the truth) Neiru gets her answer. Like her sister said "there is no place for you in this world".
It's all VERY subtle.

But doesn't Neiru's secretary call to tell Ai, Neiru is missing? I don't think it's a lie either because just saying "I need to talk to you, it's about Neiru" Ai would've come, no doubting that. Also where is Neiru then? Not working, not at her residence (when they're showed the tape she isn't there). Idk

Edit: I realize she might just be far away, hiding. Also she has a good idea about when their friends will have the revelation she's an AI to test them, but hey that's just a convenience.

Yeah after talking to Ai at the beginning we see her on a bus when Ai finds her mouse Adam and tries to call her. Later when she tries to call Ai she is lying in a field.

The secretary calls to clear up what happened earlier when Ai went to Neiru's office to see her and instead met Airu who claims she doesn't know her, which she doesn't of course. Not sure how Airu coming back changed things, did no one really know about Neiru and she just took her place when she committed suicide and now Airu has done the same thing (or more correctly resumed her old place). Seems like it, thus her telling her "there will be no place for you" when she comes back, with only the secretary and now the new Kotobuki knowing about her.
I'm going to have to rewatch the earlier episodes and see if it's still her sister's name on the office door or somewhere.
Jun 30, 2021 2:41 PM
Jun 2016
Something HAD to have gone wrong during production. There’s no way this was the plan since Winter Season. I have no clue what the issue could have been or how this became the solution, but I just wish this series got the justice it deserved. Everything leading up to this was fantastic and honestly if this was a mid-season episode that led into the next arc, it would have been a great episode and honestly, if we do get a season 2, even if it’s further down the line, I’m sure that would make me look back on this episode fondly. But unfortunately, it’s the conclusion of the entire series for the foreseeable future. It’s a goddamn shame, but I guess we still have those first 12 episodes to look back on.
Jun 30, 2021 2:53 PM

Feb 2014
I'm glad I didn't have any expectations for this after watching episode 12
Jun 30, 2021 2:56 PM
Dec 2014
Gosh this ending was like "let's cram in as much information as possible but only through telling, not showing and then introduce a new plot point at the end for no reason"
Jun 30, 2021 3:00 PM

Jul 2011
I respect the series, but I may be too dumb to understand this finale.

Maybe if I was under influence of some substance,I may had get to enlightenment and understood.

From my understanding,Frill is such a pain, that no one want to take down?
Jun 30, 2021 3:06 PM
Dec 2017
25 minutes of the "45 minute special" were recap so in the end it was only 20 minutes of original content. The ending was stupid and the art and animation werent anything special either. Why make us wait 3 months for this flaming pile of trash and not release it with the rest of the show is what im wondering
Jun 30, 2021 3:08 PM

Feb 2020
This was not even a Cloverworks problem (except the lazy background art & animation in some parts), these writers really just had no knowledge of handling any of its themes and somehow aren't even capable of concluding an anime properly. This is literally the equivalent to suddenly ending a mystery case right after the murder... disgusting.

And what was that recap even for? To remember and relate to the forgettable characters this series spat out?

waste of time/10
Jun 30, 2021 3:09 PM

Mar 2021
That was so disappointing to watch. WEP was such a good show when it started, but it's inconclusiveness really brought it down.
Jun 30, 2021 3:13 PM
Oct 2018
Holy shit this was a mess. I feel bad for the staff, but fuck CloverWorks man.
I feel like this is what the people who watched the original Evangelion ending must've felt, except this situation is very different.
Jun 30, 2021 4:17 PM
Dec 2020
This episode was total garbage (and better not talk about the fact thatin "14" episodes we got 2 recap ones...), no explanation about anything, not closing any plot, to be honest I even prefer to keep the awful episode 12 as the last one and just ignore this "1 hour" special. Disappointment can't describe this feeling.
Jun 30, 2021 4:41 PM

Jun 2019
I don't get why people think sticking the landing is the only important quality of a story. I'm just happy I could watch 20 more minutes of WEP. So, as it turns out, episode 11 was the climax and the special is the aftermath. Another great episode of a great uncomprehended show.
DsMasterBRJul 1, 2021 7:08 AM
Jun 30, 2021 4:43 PM

Jun 2019
By the way, of course there's gonna be a recap, this is a TV anime and it's been three months since the last episode aired.
Jun 30, 2021 4:48 PM

Jan 2008
I waited all this time for THAT?!!!
Is this a fucking joke? I'm literally enraged right now. What the actual bloody hell was that? Literally nothing was resolved. NOTHING. It opened up 5 more plot point though. What the fuck?1111
Jun 30, 2021 4:49 PM
Jul 2020
wtf happened to neiru? is she dead? why didn't ohto answer the calll? the fuck is this?
Jun 30, 2021 4:54 PM

Sep 2019
Would've been fine if they didn't add that trope of Neiru not being human. There was literally no point to that at all; it should've just been about the girls' friends coming back to life and explaining that. But because that part about Neiru was added, there was no time to explain either of those plot points. Maybe more could've been explained if they used the whole 45 minutes, but no there had to be ANOTHER recap. I just have to say that I am extremely disappointed. After that phenomenal episode 11 I thought it would only get better from there, but it ended up becoming way worse.
Jun 30, 2021 5:01 PM

Jan 2008
And what the fuck was even the point of Frill and Thanatos. They literaly had zero impact on the plot. Remove them and you lose nothing. In fact, you GAIN 2 episode so you don't need to make this shitty ending. God, I'm so pissed right now.
Jun 30, 2021 5:07 PM
Mar 2021
I don’t believe this will be the end of Wonder Egg. Maybe we’ll get some other type of media like a manga or something. Only time will tell. It can’t fuckin end there
Jun 30, 2021 5:09 PM

Sep 2020
I wasn't expecting such a sequence of bizarre development to happen in this special.
Some of them were interesting, like seeing what the girls' accomplishment in the dream world actually meant in their own world, while some others made me raise both eyebrows, like the new revelations behind Neiru's true nature.

In sum: if WEP continues with more material then it's all good in my book but if this really the true end then I'm feeling blue because I don't feel like this episode is an adequate ending for such a good TV series.
Jun 30, 2021 6:46 PM

Jun 2019
Woah... The concluding special that doesn’t conclude anything!

Waste of my time and anticipation. Half of it is a useless recap and the new content chooses to not try and give a conclusion for what has already happened, but to instead throw more unexplained shit at us.

I’ve never seen an anime drop the ball so horribly. This series was so poorly managed that after 3 months of waiting for a 20 minute episode, the art, animation, and writing somewhow got even worse.

Honestly, Cloverworks should just rebrand themselves at this point. Too much damage has been done to their reputation now.
Blue_MaroonJun 30, 2021 8:20 PM
Jun 30, 2021 6:49 PM

Jan 2021
Absolute dogshit: the only term I can use to describe this ending. I lost a lot of faith in the series after ep11, but this… wow, I’ve never had a disappointment as big as this in my whole life… 3 months? For this!?! I cannot even begin to fathom my hatred for the studio behind this train wreck. First TPN and now this?! All I can say is fuck you Cloverworks for completely ruining some of the best anime ever made. I shall never trust Cloverworks with the “adaptation of” or any original work.

Edit: this comment has aged so well lol
SpicelitNov 8, 2023 12:07 AM
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Jun 30, 2021 7:04 PM
Nov 2016
I mean I don't mind a recap episode, I can skip it.
I'm not bothered by Neiru being an AI, I think that makes sense and could really play off of Frill's plot
except,
it didn't.
Nothing new was explained about Frill, nor was she defeated or resolved, the "Warrior of Eros" thing just straight up didn't happen.
Literally the only thing that gets any resolution was the reason behind Koito's suicide, which I thought they had intentionally left open.
Jun 30, 2021 7:21 PM

Jan 2021
So the ending was just as open-ended and confusing as the previous episode. I still enjoyed it, but I really think it could have been executed better.

But you can't tell me that this isn't adorable

Jun 30, 2021 7:27 PM
May 2017
Wonder Egg Priority continues to be great even with Wonder Egg Priority Special as its Gainax Ending.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jun 30, 2021 8:12 PM

Feb 2019
At this point, one has to wonder if they're tanking the show on purpose.

So, we have a double length episode. That's almost as much time as entire Adventure Time miniseries, so we're going to use that time to try to put together some kind of ending, right? Oh, we're spending 25 out of 45 minutes of it doing a clips montage recap? And the entire thing is them bumming around, wondering if maybe somebody should do something about the evil serial killer robot nightmare monsters or if they should keep ignoring them? And we're going to be piling on even more magical nonsense by bringing the magic albino back to life under Time Cop rules? Can only travel between dimensions if there's not one of you already there.

But wait, at least we have a wrapup to Koito's deal. See, apparently she was a sadistic manipulative bully, who had already previously harassed at least one teacher into killing himself, and was trying to do the same to the psychiatrist dude, but accidentally slipped and fell off the roof while lying about him raping her. I guess? This is all just given as a random voice over and then she snubs Ai, so I guess we're supposed to take that at face value? What an absolute mess of everything. I would love to know what happened to the writing in this show.

It's hard to see how this is angling for a second season when it seems intent on burning every piece of goodwill anybody could have possibly felt for it.
Jun 30, 2021 8:21 PM

Jan 2020
??? that was not an ending
Jun 30, 2021 8:34 PM

Jan 2008
The only to salvage this is for episode 14 to start with showing us that episode 13 was all just Frill fucking with Ai's mind.
Jun 30, 2021 8:38 PM

Mar 2021
just WTF, wasn't this suposed to be a fucking CONCLUSION?
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why is this episode considered worse than the others?

Lucifrost - Aug 20, 2023

11 by Piromysl »»
Aug 27, 2023 2:14 PM

» So what disappointed you the most? ( 1 2 )

Tweaks - Jul 1, 2021

59 by abystoma2 »»
Jan 15, 2023 2:18 PM

» Really hoping this gets a sequel at some point

APolygons2 - Oct 6, 2022

8 by daff-quess »»
Oct 8, 2022 8:18 PM

» Change the Entry Picture request

RandomGuyScott - Aug 23, 2022

18 by pri_arts_ »»
Aug 24, 2022 8:16 AM

» So is this it, is the series over?

removed-user - Jul 8, 2021

11 by aku_mado »»
May 9, 2022 3:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.