Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 12, 2021 6:26 PM

Oct 2018
It has art. Therefore i will continue to watch.

Jan 12, 2021 6:28 PM

Mar 2018
Pretty interesting story concept, although the story (and setting in a sense) remind me a lot of the show Flip Flappers.

I was very interested through the episode and the visuals are also pretty cool, it doesn't mind twisting the viewpoint of the viewer a little bit to get a little creative.

All in all, really good first episode!
Jan 12, 2021 6:59 PM

Jan 2019
The visual looks very good and the animation as expect from Cloverworks.
The story seems very interesting
The music is also great. (Waiting for OP/ED)
This could have been better original anime than Kamisama ni Natta Hi last season(already better for now tbh).

5/5
Holo no Graffiti is the best anime of all time... peko
Jan 12, 2021 7:04 PM

Dec 2018
It have strong Yuri vibes and symbols such as the white lily

Love the bedroom scene. The lesbians was flirting like crazy,,,YEEEEEEES

Dont like dark stuff but this episode was gay as hell. And I do love sweet Yuri, so I'll keep watching

Yuri-CrusaderJan 13, 2021 2:35 AM
Jan 12, 2021 7:04 PM

Dec 2015
This is what original shows should be like.
Jan 12, 2021 7:15 PM

Jun 2013
That was an absolutely gorgeous episode.

The eerie beginning with a kid in a yellow hoodie, who's in the middle of the street all by themselves... I should've known it would turn at least a little brutal.

Really looking forward to seeing how this all goes.
Jan 12, 2021 7:18 PM

Apr 2017
since the annoucement , i know i will like this anime even i dont know what kind of anime is this
Moe is Love ! Moe is Life !
Jan 12, 2021 7:21 PM
Oct 2012
Any got a link on the song at end, holy shit that's a jammer
Jan 12, 2021 7:30 PM

Oct 2008
the heck did i watch?!!?...but i'm sticking to this one! quite intrigued!
5/5.

Jan 12, 2021 7:32 PM
Aug 2019
Absolutely amazing, incredible art and animation,also the story is good.
This anime definitely could be the best of the year.
And i loved the main girl
Jan 12, 2021 7:55 PM
Aug 2020
Holy shit, this episode was great! I had no idea what this show was until I saw the episode discussion trending on r/Anime (I know that sub is kinda trash, but it's where I keep up with anime news and stuff), and I'm glad I gave it a chance.

This story seems really interesting and engaging, and I love how this episode doesn't give out any unnecessary exposition dumps or long ass monologues to the audience like some anime do.

The one thing that impressed me the most, however, is the animation. The character movements are so smooth and satisfying. The character designs also reminded of Kyoto Animation a little bit, which is definitely great.

This is shaping up to be the best anime of the season, Attack On Titan and Re:Zero can eat ass!
Jan 12, 2021 7:58 PM

Apr 2020
That was incredible. If they can keep this up, it may become AOTS and one of my favorites.

also I'm getting major Yume Nikki vibes from this.

beep boop bop pow
Jan 12, 2021 8:07 PM
Jul 2017
omg ok i’ve actually never done a forum post before, but i just wanna say that i’m rlly excited for the upcoming episodes and the progression of the plot. i rlly love the character design and i’m very impressed by the first episode. cant wait for more !!!
Jan 12, 2021 8:20 PM
Jun 2019
I really liked this, the blend between the mystery and the realistic feeling drama paired with the butifull animation is perfect is perfect for me.

The only thing I am afraid of is if it starts feeling repetitive or don't know what it wants to do later on because I barely an idea about what might happen in the next episode. But I really hope it will keep expanding this world because it's all so fasenaiting.

So far this is my anime if the season
Jan 12, 2021 8:22 PM
May 2016
Kami-tier level of animation hopefully it has the story to match, so much to watch this season.
Jan 12, 2021 8:25 PM
Mar 2019
Damn, did i just found the hidden gem of the season
I love K-On, and so should you.

Jan 12, 2021 8:45 PM

Jan 2020
I did not understand at the beggining, when I reach the end it felt just like the beggining. But I am interested.
Pretty good visuals.
I want to see more of this
Jan 12, 2021 8:50 PM

Jan 2020
Oh wow. I really liked this episode and it's already one of my favorites of the winter 2021 season. I had no idea what this would be about since I didn't have any knowledge besides the very vague key visual and the misleading "slice of life" tag attached to this so this was a very very pleasant and nice surprise.

It felt like I was watching serial experiments lain or Paprika with the way everything (tone, pacing, visuals) went. I loved it all. The visuals and soundtracks were awesome and this definitely an experience...

This has tons and tons of potential imo and I'm really hoping they don't fumble it. I loved the way the set up was and it would be a massive shame if it doesn't stick the landing . I'm really excited for next week's episode and I really hope it doesn't lose the charm the first episode had.

Jan 12, 2021 9:05 PM

Nov 2020
The show feels very solid from a production standpoint and directing also feels pretty good. Definitely willing to see more of this.
Jan 12, 2021 9:10 PM

Aug 2013
oh man i love this so far i hope it keeps this up
wow gay
Jan 12, 2021 9:19 PM

Dec 2013
This show feels like if Flip Flappers and Koe no Katachi had a baby, but was raised by Satoshi Kon.

Which is to say I enjoyed it. A lot.
Jan 12, 2021 9:24 PM

Sep 2018
This needs the Dementia tag ASAP.

I understand nothing, and I love it.
Jan 12, 2021 9:34 PM
May 2013
easily the most stand-out series of the season so far. very whimsically dark and mysterious, i hope it continues to built on its interesting premise.
Jan 12, 2021 9:50 PM

May 2018
Pls tell me I am not the only one who thought that the main girl looks like Ichigo from darling and the franxx and her best friend looks like Ikuno o-o
Jan 12, 2021 10:51 PM

Jul 2020
Here's a phrase that perfectly describes this thread: "people not knowing how to keep their expectations in check."

I mean, for fuck sake there's people already rating this a 10 and leaving reviews based on a single fucking episode. Yes, this was a very good and strong first episode, but that doesn't mean anything. Going forwards this anime can turn out to really be a masterpiece or it might crumble and turn to complete shit.

Showing some restraint and not hyping things to oblivion leads to a life with less frustration and disappointments, you know?
JustAnAnimeListJan 12, 2021 11:00 PM
Jan 12, 2021 11:02 PM
Dec 2020
Genre slice of life, but after I watched this anime genre it seems like thriller, sol, fantasy, dementia/seinen (maybe)
Jan 12, 2021 11:43 PM
Sep 2018
this one is seriously good...

I think this one might become anime of the season...
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Jan 13, 2021 12:14 AM

Oct 2016
This is not what I expected at all when I watched the trailer, holy shit this was amazing. The art, animation, music. Everything about this episode was fucking high quality. And the story is very intriguing, it seems so deep, one huge ass metaphor of a show probably. If the show keeps this quality of the story up until the end, then I am sure this show will be a gem.

I also really like the character designs, it's so clean. CloverWorks is killing it this season with TPN, Horimiya and now Wonder Egg.
Jan 13, 2021 12:29 AM
Apr 2020
Studio Cloverwork's 3rd anime on this season. They're surely keeps on surprising us with their great animation works

I definitely don't have an idea of what's going on here. I'm hoping that they give us an explanation of what the heck is happening here because it looks really great. The animation and visuals are stunningly great and I like the uniqueness of BGMs that they are using.

8/10 for first ep. I'm gonna stick with this and see what kind of mind twisting plots that they will offer :)
Jan 13, 2021 12:52 AM

Apr 2009
"Let's just show random shit without any meaning, so it looks like there's some thought put into it."
Jan 13, 2021 1:00 AM
Oct 2020
It was quite a wierd episode. Also it was disturbing and interesting and the same time . Well, anyways I'll be following this anime till the end. It has achieved my attention.
Jan 13, 2021 1:11 AM
Jun 2020
Okay so, it is extremely similiar to Madoka Magica, right, however I have to say, I enjoyed even the 1st episode way more [not the artstyle for sure>>which is still beautiful doe, Shaft is a legend]. Seems like there is going to be some romance between the main 2 girls, so I’m here for it 😌😌🙌 damn and the chemistry between the mc and the girl that commited suicide [possibly], it was as dissapointing when they didn’t kiss as when Kanbaru hasn’t kissed her rival in Hanamonogatari like- Overall 8/10 or like 7,6/10, the art is beautifull, so I’m waiting for another episodes :) Especially looking also at Horimiya, Cloverwork really overdid themselves w the animation and artstyles is general, they progressed so fast, it’s like early KyoAni, I love it
Jan 13, 2021 1:16 AM

Jul 2014
I didn't know what to expect, but color me intrigued.
Jan 13, 2021 1:22 AM
Aug 2020
If i’m being honest i can see this show becoming a cult classic
Jan 13, 2021 1:26 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Oooh boy... I don't think I even know where to start lol...

Okay, so I've heard about Wonder Egg Priority for a while ever since MAL made a news article on its announcement. The key visual looked good and a PV I saw of it seemed okay, but I didn't know how to feel about CloverWorks—a studio that seems to have contributed to the Ace Attorney anime, which I was a bit disappointed by since I am a huge fan of the games. So this show didn't seem like something that I would actually consider looking into.
Fast forward to around an hour ago or something, where all of a sudden I notice an Anime Recommendation between this show and Revolutionary Girl Utena of all things. I have not seen that show yet, but I am well aware of that show's director and how both he and the show are pretty much highly praised by many in the magical girl fandom. "What the hell is this" was all I was thinking when I saw this recommendation, so I decided to check the rest of Wonder Egg Priority's User Recommendations out of curiosity. All right, other than Utena, there's one of my favorite anime of all time, one magical girl anime I've been considering watching for quite some time now, a very popular movie that I thought was okay even with its very thoughtful and remarkable presentation, another anime from Utena's director, and a fairly popular anime that I heavily disliked.
6 anime I recognize, with 5 of them I have positive thoughts/expectations about... you know what, sure, let's give this show a shot.
Wasn't planning to watch any of this season's seasonals, but sure, let's go I guess.

✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶

...I think the following posts pretty much said my thoughts of this first episode for me lol
Glordit said:
The more I watched the less sense it made. I love it! Will keep watching to see how this plays out.
dompsterfire said:
I'm so confused. This show makes me... wonder about a lot.

First of all I'm in love with the soundtrack. It's so fun despite what's happening. It seems that she is playing a gacha game and she needs to change the future where Koito isn't a statue but she needs some exp or something in order to do that so she plays a game where she saves people. Also it could all just be a dream since we saw that slide scene after the hospital.

I'm confused if they used cg on the characters. Yes, i know they used for those little things and they used it really good. Made me feel the suspense. But i cant tell if the main characters are 100% 2D i'm so confused lol. Art is really nice though. Ai is really cute with her yellow hoodie.

Overall I'm hooked.

ALSO CAN WE MENTION THAT THE TOILET ROLL SPOKE THERE
burnwolf1650 said:
My jaw genuinely dropped. I came into this thinking it would be a wacky and weird slice of life. I definitely get Madoka Magica vibes, where it had a nice exterior but got dark once you go into it.
20m said:
wtf am i even watching lmao
ByonKun said:
No idea what's happening. I like it.
CrazyFrogz said:
I don't know what I'm watching but it is quite good
juuzousuzuya002 said:
Damn, did i just found the hidden gem of the season
PhantomTom said:
This needs the Dementia tag ASAP.

I understand nothing, and I love it.

...I just wish I didn't watch this at 3 am.
I'm not sleepy or anything (somehow), but I feel like I don't really think through past midnight and so I had no idea what the hell was happening or how to process it all lol. I do understand that this is gonna be pretty dark and talks about suicide though. I'm glad that the forum posts here explain observations so that I could figure something out from it lol.
The presentation is SHAFT-esque with random cuts and symbolism all over the place, as well as the dream world giving me some Gekidan Inu Curry vibes, and I like it. I also liked how natural the voice acting sounded. With this first episode being a huge horror surprise, it looks like Wonder Egg Priority has a very good chance to be this decade's Madoka Magica but without the magical girl part. Sure, I'll stick this one and keep an eye out for it as it airs ;)

✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶ ⋆ ✶

AliGengar said:
Also, am I the only one that kinda got Coraline vibes from it? lol

I didn't get Coraline vibes, but I can definitely see how you did.
Personally, all I kept thinking about was Angel's Egg but if it was a modern fast-paced action anime XD
Jan 13, 2021 1:27 AM

Dec 2016
That was interesting. This really reminds me of Adachi to Shimamura and a little bit of Sarazanmai.

Cloverworks is doing a great job doing three animes this season, Yakusoku no Neverland, Wonder Egg Priority and Horimiya.

But I don't get one thing, how is Ai supposed to protect those people who hatch from the egg. If she defeats those Seeno Evils then they disappear, is that how she's supposed to save those people?
Rickydory123Jan 13, 2021 1:33 AM
Jan 13, 2021 1:48 AM
Jun 2017
wow!!! i have no idea what's this show all about... and im going to watch the next episode and see if i can enjoy watching this one
Jan 13, 2021 1:59 AM
Oct 2020
What did I just watch, seeing the promotional poster I thought it's going to be one of those came relaxing show but it's totally opposite.....

CLOVERWORKS is not playing around....

10/10 for me judging by the first episode
Jan 13, 2021 1:59 AM
Sep 2020
Damn, i really like this kind of anime.maybe i'm gonna enjoy it a lot.
But at first, i thought it was gonna be an ordinary slice of life bcs i didn't watched the PV.
Jan 13, 2021 2:08 AM

Feb 2020
This show seems to be throwing a lot around, tying all the stuff together is going to be difficult. Establishing reality vs dream especially. But I'm hoping it manages to pull it off because I see a lot of promise here.

One thing that stood out to me apart from the animation and soundtrack (which both seem great) was the shot composition. Some scenes are framed really tightly using close-ups to show Ai's isolation from the other characters. I really like this show not tell style, so I'm looking forward to this aspect especially. Animation is a visual medium, after all.

The characters also look interesting. The character designs are really well done and the characters themselves have definitely caught my interest.

Great animation, great visual storytelling, interesting themes, a nonsensical first episode? Sign me up.
Jan 13, 2021 2:26 AM

May 2018
What the hell was that.

I watched since since I saw a post by Yuri Empire and the caption says they won't elaborate much and that i should just watch. My interest was piqued, and we'll damn
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Jan 13, 2021 2:27 AM

Aug 2019
I know this is too early to tell since it’s only the first episode but I think this might be the first seasonal in a while that has the potential to be something incredible if this vibe is continued throughout the rest of the show
Jan 13, 2021 2:40 AM
Jun 2020
they should put psychological and dementia to the genre, based on the first episode. I really excited about how it will goes, the first episode is phenomenal
Jan 13, 2021 2:45 AM

Oct 2015
flip flappers + anthem of the heart, 2 shows I really love. I really love everything about this show so far
Jan 13, 2021 2:47 AM

Oct 2009
giving out Shoujo Ai vibe
and that gurl fren touching Ai's foot the first day they talk to each other :x and then she suicided (?) lolz

i don't think i will like this series but it piqued my interest to see how the story will unfold
Jan 13, 2021 3:07 AM
May 2020
THORSAL said:
Damn, i really like this kind of anime.maybe i'm gonna enjoy it a lot.
But at first, i thought it was gonna be an ordinary slice of life bcs i didn't watched the PV.
Even the PV didn't tell us that this will going down deep like this. I thought it was like A Silent Voice or something based from the PV, but nah man, this is a LOT better.
Jan 13, 2021 3:30 AM

Oct 2007
tried, saw plenty of depression, weird character designs.. not my cup of tea.

this joins Idoly Pride in my list of fastest drops of the season.
Jan 13, 2021 3:42 AM
Mar 2018
Damn what a first impression. All the animation and details had me ignoring what was actually going on. Confused, but interested in what happens next.

Jan 13, 2021 3:45 AM

Jul 2015
Wow. This is the most beautiful anime I have seen in a while. Mostly thanks to KyoAni character design.

Jan 13, 2021 3:52 AM

Jun 2011
interesting first ep.

also, anyone knows who voiced kurumi? i dont see her among characters listed. i had a feeling it might be miyamoto yume but not sure?
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 2nd season ?

Aritra_Choudhuri - May 11, 2022

23 by Kizuki01 »»
May 20, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 30, 2021

411 by Kizuki01 »»
May 20, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 23, 2021

302 by Kizuki01 »»
May 19, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 16, 2021

364 by Kizuki01 »»
May 19, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 9, 2021

170 by Kizuki01 »»
May 19, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.