Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 19, 2009 9:14 PM

Jun 2007
Well that was interesting. And now we wait. *sigh* i'm still waiting for other movies and the wait is suposed to be shorter for them. I sure hope i remember this when it shows up.

I've Been Watching Anime for 20 years now. Can you beat that?
Jun 19, 2009 9:15 PM

May 2008
Great episode. Though I only watched raws, only couldnt pick up everything I think I'll need to. :P

I need to get to subs soon, very soon.
Jun 19, 2009 9:32 PM
Nov 2007
Wow! first time I have ever wanted to rate a series 11/10
If Takizawa used all his remaining credit to become king, why is no one coming to kill him?
A bit annoyed about having to wait till the movies come out, and then waiting till they come out on dvd :(
Jun 19, 2009 9:46 PM

Nov 2008
@DeathfireD; I love your theories ^^
Jun 19, 2009 10:03 PM

Aug 2008
I didn't expect the anime to be actually conclusive, but I feel happy that I've been proven wrong. Panties is alive, too. Hurray! I also didn't see the two movies instead of one coming, but whatever. Can't wait for the movies now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2009 11:06 PM

Jun 2008
Wow. Great episode. Saki's explaination in plain, non-technobabble, speak really cleared some things up for me...! I'm very satisfied with the ending, and can't wait for the movies to continue the story. Honestly, this is the best anime of the Spring Season, hands down.

Movies 1 and 2, bring em on! 10/10

Rule of Anime #18 - Law of Hemoglobin Capacity
The human body contains over 12 gallons of blood, sometimes more, under high pressure.
Jun 20, 2009 12:12 AM

Apr 2009
Crazy ending...isn't the supporter going to come looking for him if he's used all of his money though?
Jun 20, 2009 12:34 AM

May 2007
Climax of the episode: Pantsu still living.

9/10 for whole series, the ending was not an ending at all. I don't believe that he erased him memories; as another person said, there are 20k NEETs and Saki to tell him everything he has done. Waiting impatiently for the movies.
Jun 20, 2009 12:43 AM

Apr 2008
Horrah Panstu lives on~ and Taki saves Japan~
Really good show I enjoyed watching it. Can't wait for the movies.

Breath||
Jun 20, 2009 1:09 AM

Jan 2009
hmm.. unhappy.... if he could just become "the king" just like that, all he did was unnecessary.. he could have become the king, then ordered all the missiles shut down... why spend his money, gather NEETs..... get the missiles down and then become the king? very disappointing.. i was loving the series so much before the last episode
Jun 20, 2009 1:36 AM
Oct 2008
Just wanted to point out that at the before the opening of the first episode Saki said:
"He had no choice but to become a prince. At least since he realized that without a sacrifice called a "prince", the tomorrow we hoped for would never come. Thus reluctantly, he became one. In this world with no princes. Speaking of which, just how did he become a prince? I still haven't figured out that mystery.|

At first I thought that she was talking about her prince that left her or something before the time of the anime, but this was actually the conclusion of the last episode.

10 out of 10 for this one.
I'm all excited about the movies, hope they'll answerr the so much sought questions that keep burning our minds out.
Jun 20, 2009 2:25 AM

Apr 2008
On older carousels, you could grab the brass ring to win a free ride. Now in this politically-correct, sue-happy age, the brass rings are mostly gone. Additionally, the brass rings (or wood or plastic later on) would find their way into trash heaps, be flung to break windows, etc., so insurance became a factor in their demise even before political-correctness took hold.

These brass rings were commonly called "Golden Rings". This could very well be the trigger for the memory wipes. A free ride relates to Takizawa starting over and having another chance ergo the mind wipe.

Edit: Upon further analysis Takizawa might have been referring to life as being a carousel and how you don't get free rides or passes as in "Golden Rings" meaning that no matter what you do, you can't change the past through mind wipes or anything because the past will always come back.

Also the lead horse in a carousel is called the "king" horse if that has any merit
TaihakuJun 20, 2009 2:50 AM
Jun 20, 2009 2:39 AM

Mar 2009
Monsta said:
Horrah Panstu lives on~ and Taki saves Japan~
Really good show I enjoyed watching it. Can't wait for the movies.

At the end of episode 8 pantsu's computer stated "today i am a hero, and dead"
How did he survive. Or was the computer wrong
Jun 20, 2009 2:42 AM

Apr 2009
DaBigD said:
I don't believe that he erased him memories; as another person said, there are 20k NEETs and Saki to tell him everything he has done. Waiting impatiently for the movies.

The first timehe erased his memory he was very far from Japan and all the ones who knew his face and acts, so no problem with it. This time he will probably be "far" from everyone too, as he will probably be a king, surrounded by enforced police security and maybe censorship.
I think he wiped his memory to be just himself governing Japan, not a former Seleçao: when juiz wishes to meet him again as a splendid prince, he said he wishes to be the same person... Maybe that's why he wanted to star over once again. And this leads me to the next quote...

Taihaku said:
A free ride relates to Takizawa starting over and having another chance ergo the mind wipe.

This is an awesome catch. I knew the golden ring -> free ride stuff, but did not link it at all to the "free ride" on his new life, a chanche to start over again. That's a good one, kudos to you. :)

edit:
usama7660 said:
At the end of episode 8 pantsu's computer stated "today i am a hero, and dead". How did he survive. Or was the computer wrong

I think the program was wrong: it's a probabilistic supercomputer, so maybe the chanches of him surviving were very low.
Jun 20, 2009 3:13 AM
Aug 2008
Desirio said:

The first timehe erased his memory he was very far from Japan and all the ones who knew his face and acts, so no problem with it. This time he will probably be "far" from everyone too, as he will probably be a king, surrounded by enforced police security and maybe censorship.
I think he wiped his memory to be just himself governing Japan, not a former Seleçao: when juiz wishes to meet him again as a splendid prince, he said he wishes to be the same person... Maybe that's why he wanted to star over once again. And this leads me to the next quote...

I agree with you.
I really think that he made his memory erased to keep staying the way he is, just as he said to Juiz.

In fact, even if it's kind of sad that Takizawa loses his memory, that doesn't really change anything about him.
All along the serie, he doesn't remember many things, but he was nice, smart etc... and he always makes the right choices, he does everythings that need to be done.

But there's still something I don't understand :
If Takizawa could use the phone to erase his memory, what did he do at the facility ( where the other Selaçao explained him how he got the phone... ) ??
Jun 20, 2009 4:02 AM

Mar 2009
I thoroughly believe that Ohsugi needs to die >.>

also nice ep. Now to wait several months for a movie.....hah!

Setting up to be just like code geass
Jun 20, 2009 5:02 AM
Jul 2008
I don't really understand the last part and in the end , did he die because he use up all his money to become king ??
Jun 20, 2009 5:04 AM

Jul 2008
kayze said:
I don't really understand the last part and in the end , did he die because he use up all his money to become king ??

Yes, the movies are about Zombie-Akira
LEGENDOFTHEGALACTICHEROESLEGENDOFTHEGALACTI
Jun 20, 2009 7:33 AM
May 2008
Great series and I loved the ending in which Akira stopped the missiles. However there is still a decent amount of questions left unanswered which will nag at me until the movies are released... and BTW there are two movies right? That would be great news.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jun 20, 2009 8:54 AM

Oct 2007
What was the song that was played in the last scene?

Jun 20, 2009 9:01 AM

Jan 2009
Damnit !! They sure know when to cut episodes.

What's with giving Saki the phone ? And i'm curious about Takizawa using all of his money to become the king of this country.!

I want movie now !!
Jun 20, 2009 9:38 AM

Feb 2009
yay cliffhanger. damn it, we have to wait half a year for the movies and the conclusion of one of the best shows this season and one of my favorite shows thus far. the missiles sequence was win
Jun 20, 2009 9:39 AM

Feb 2009
wOrLdIsMiNe said:
What was the song that was played in the last scene?

its called "reveal the world"
Jun 20, 2009 9:57 AM
Oct 2008
i still dont get the last ep is about and the phone giving to saki-chan
Jun 20, 2009 10:40 AM
Jun 2009
Returning to the first episode,

Was Taki really pointing at Saki with his gun? Could it that be related with Taki putting the phone at Saki´s pocket in the last episode?
Jun 20, 2009 12:50 PM

Jun 2008
Good ending, I was happy they were able to wrap it up considering it was so short. And it was nice to see that Pantsu lived.
Jun 20, 2009 12:51 PM

Jun 2007
A Prince in a country with no Kings... Wha!? we need the movie now -_-

anyway it was a good series :D 9/10
Jun 20, 2009 1:25 PM

Aug 2008
This was astonishingly well done. They managed to tie everything up that was immediate in this episode. This was absolutely gorgeous. The integration of the cgi was barely noticable, and we got back to lots of the vibrant colors that were in the first few eipisodes.

Ultimately, though, it is weird that this is called just "Eden of the East" without anything after to denote that it's more about the missiles, but since I'm sure EoE is that overarching mechanism to tie everything together, that's a small complaint.

Bumped up to a 9/10
Jun 20, 2009 1:46 PM

Apr 2009
cool anime x))
Jun 20, 2009 1:54 PM

Feb 2009
Interesting Light in Death Note wanted to make the world a better place, killed a lot a people and fail miserably.Lelouch in Code Geass did the same but succeed at the cost of his life. Akira save his country without shedding any blood.
Jun 20, 2009 2:02 PM

Aug 2008
Lelouch had a messiah complex and was megalomaniacal sociopath bent on world domination; Lelouch had daddy issues and a sister complex and was also after world domination; Akira maybe has abandonment and trust issues and was trying to save Japan and NEETs.
Jun 20, 2009 2:17 PM

Mar 2008
noteDhero said:
This was astonishingly well done. They managed to tie everything up that was immediate in this episode. This was absolutely gorgeous. The integration of the cgi was barely noticable, and we got back to lots of the vibrant colors that were in the first few eipisodes.

Ultimately, though, it is weird that this is called just "Eden of the East" without anything after to denote that it's more about the missiles, but since I'm sure EoE is that overarching mechanism to tie everything together, that's a small complaint.

Bumped up to a 9/10

Plus the music this episode was yummy.
Jun 20, 2009 2:18 PM

Jun 2007
Lol at Neet Army and the girls running through the naked crowd XD
omg I can't wait for the movies. I loved this series!

10/10

Jun 20, 2009 2:26 PM

Aug 2008
M_A said:

Plus the music this episode was yummy.

Was there new music? Everything seemed familiar. That english song was in the first episode, and maybe another.
Jun 20, 2009 2:40 PM

Mar 2009
Good stuff. The fact that the ending wasn't resolved is no surprise, seeing how there are not one, but two movies in the works. I just hope those movies can conclude everything nicely. Still, Eden of the East was one of a kind, I haven't seen anything like it in a long time. I enjoyed this anime a lot.

As for the plot, I'm hoping Akira didn't wipe his memories, but watching the end again it sure does look that way. Although I do wonder why he gave his phone to Saki. Does he not need it anymore now that he's a prince? Did he give her the ability to access his phone now? I could keep on asking questions forever, but thankfully there are the said upcoming movies.
Jun 20, 2009 5:17 PM
Feb 2009
Awsome ending and confusing at the same time lookin forward to the 2 movies to clear out some questions
Jun 20, 2009 6:34 PM
Jan 2009
10/10

I'm thinking;
Akira spent all his money, after that he wiped his memory, so technically he's not the same person anymore, since he doesn't have any relation with akira, besides the body. Furthermore if he gave the phone to Saki, making it impossible for her to activate it, since it have fingerprint recognition. And he won't be able to use it either, since he won't know what it is.

Sooo... what I think, is that Akira asked Juiz to trick the selected in order to not get killed. Can't wait for the movies
Jun 20, 2009 7:22 PM

May 2008
Awesome Anime XD

i really looking forward to the movies!
Jun 20, 2009 7:58 PM
Mar 2008
That was an AWESOME ending for the TV series ><
Can't wait for the movie D:

SOOOOOOOOOO Glad Pantsu is alive T_T Long live the genius NEET
I want a good scene with Taki and Saki in it ;_;
& omg this gives soo much room in the movie
I'm expecting epicness :D
Jun 20, 2009 8:13 PM

Jan 2009
I was left confused ... arent they supposed to die when the money is over?
It was a good series hopefully the movie will give it a clearer ending.
Jun 20, 2009 8:18 PM

Aug 2008
They die if they haven't saved Japan...but I think it's pretty evident that Akira saved Japan. It's funny because the game ended up being one of those self-fulfilling prophecies. Most of the selecao decided not to play seriously and either spend their money on what they wanted or not spend it at all. Then we have Mononobe who chose the route of destruction and becoming Mr. Outside and Akira that just wanted to engender hope to a disillusioned youth, thereby ceding the game to Akira. I don't think anyone wanted to win besides Akira, and that speaks to the nature of one of the themes of the show: the future is in the hands of the next generation.

Of course I could be completely wrong and I'll be corrected in November or whenever, but I hope not.
Jun 20, 2009 8:19 PM
Dec 2008
Very interesting story but a number of questions are left unanswered. While the last episode thankfully explained the entire situation from episode 1 to 10, the ending is too abrupt and a little weird. I'm quite sure Takizawa is suppose to die if he used up all the money in the phone. Whether he saved Japan or not, it's not evident.

8/10
Jun 20, 2009 8:35 PM

Feb 2008
Very interesting... though, as every single person seems to have said, quite a few questions unanswered. Considering that the movies are coming, however, I'd say it deserves a 9/10 regardless. I definitely enjoyed the series.
Jun 20, 2009 8:57 PM

Sep 2008
Awesome anime :D can't wait to watch the movie. I lol'd at the naked NEET's as I'm sure many others did xD

Jun 20, 2009 9:37 PM

May 2009
Wow, they really put all the worries about how they would conclude the TV series to rest. Great stopping point with the immediate crisis now over and they were able to set things up for the next chapter of the story. The wait until the movie will be so, so painful.
Jun 20, 2009 10:05 PM

Feb 2008
great series,another rare 10/10
Jun 20, 2009 10:09 PM

Aug 2008
If you want to start something big, then just nuke the dammed island!
You would probably trigger events that would change the ENTIRE world, even in a grander scale then WWII. Seriously, I'm not trying to be weird or anything.

Hah! Panties lived! :3
Ah, then, the missile blowing part was epic alright. Playing imaginary cowboys with missiles does look like a helluva lot of fun ^^

I don't get this though, how did he exactly stopped the strikes? Called a few F-15's into action? And what did he meant by "King"? PM of Japan?
Jun 20, 2009 10:17 PM
Sep 2008
loved watching the plot unfold.

was hooked after the first 5 mins on ep1 and been hooked all the way though, now to wait for the movies
Jun 20, 2009 11:26 PM

Jan 2009
Thought this series was a bit overrated. I didn't think the ending had much "unfolding", it was more like the viewer being force fed everything that supposedly happened in about 10 minutes.
Maybe the movies will be awesome, but these 11 episodes as a whole fell apart after a good start.

7/10
Jun 20, 2009 11:48 PM

Apr 2009
I'm going to have to give the final episode another watch to grasp all that happened in the last few minutes there. It was pretty quick. This was definitely a great show but I'm left wishing it were longer. At least the movies should do a fine job of satisfying some of our unanswered questions. I'm glad that everyone made it through in the end.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» WHAT THE HELL WAS IN THE TRUCKS?!

Sagepool - Feb 24

7 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Feb 25, 1:19 PM

» IS THERE ANY "HARD" EDEN OF THE EAST FANS

hitsugaya111 - Mar 22, 2018

7 by rent-free »»
Jun 16, 2023 9:43 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Plate - Apr 9, 2009

404 by prozyne »»
Apr 9, 2023 1:35 AM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Apr 16, 2009

245 by Euroqean »»
Mar 29, 2023 6:51 PM

Poll: » Higashi no Eden Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Bakayaro - Apr 23, 2009

201 by Skorobagatio »»
Oct 6, 2022 12:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.