Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 1, 2011 7:08 AM

Aug 2007
The end of the episode was a bit obviously, that was Cordelia and not Victorique. I really want to know if Cordelia will die and Kujo and Victorique will reunite again.
Jul 1, 2011 10:03 AM
May 2009
so am i the only person who started applauding when albert got what was coming to him, even though i too thought he deserved worse?
Jul 1, 2011 12:19 PM

Oct 2010
Cordelia is a ninja! did you see her moves? i think this is a strange anime, i am finding it hart to follow, like why are there two of those red haired guys? hmmmm
Jul 1, 2011 2:12 PM

Jul 2009
Am I like, the only one who isn't absolutely loving this show or something? O_O
K first off, I'm pretty sure WW2 doesn't start in 1925. I'm pretty sure it starts in 1939. So, uhm, yea, mega fail much O_O
Albert randomly takes over because Leviathan tricked him? O_O Uh, OK. Sure. He became Prime Minister and died the same day? Uh, wtf, OK. Lol. About the battle, I don't see why they just would RANDOMLY MAKE BRIAN A TWIN. I MEAN LIKE WTF SRSLY O_O The fight scene was pretty cool, EXCEPT THEN EVERYONE DIED. Cordelia, Albert, and the GRANNY? Did Brian die too? Too confusing, way too rushed. Don't really see how killing everyone is supposed to make Cordelia likeable, if that's what she's going for. Or maybe it's the whole I'll sacrifice everyone for you thing. Dunno :S
That being said, uhm, evil Brian tries to kill Victorica. Although obviously it doesn't work. Dur. Kind of stupid, does he have no brains? Obviously Cordelia's gonna hate him after, but she's dead now. Oh dear.
PLUS, OKAY, THE WHOLE ROMANTIC THING IS JUST TOO BORING NOW. STOP SPINNING IT OUT, GOD. Less Kujo in this episode was good, so was less Victorica, but STILL. UGH. I DUNNO. Plus they kind of ruined Grevil too
So much for hoping it would get better in the later episodes. Pretty much no expectations for the finale now -_-"
Jul 1, 2011 11:48 PM

Sep 2010
AnvilMAn said:
so am i the only person who started applauding when albert got what was coming to him, even though i too thought he deserved worse?

No your not I thought he was a huge dick this entire series and it was about time someone put him in his place.

I don't like Kujo's hair I liked it when it was longer and not army cut. Dx
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jul 2, 2011 9:07 AM

Feb 2010
oh shizzle that was an amazing episode.
Jul 2, 2011 10:13 AM

May 2010
I'm kinda confused.

Why is there a war happening?? Albert took control of the people with just the Monstre Charmant tale?? O_o

Plot aside, badass cordelia is badass. I bet she's a ninja. :D

Last ep to go..
Jul 2, 2011 6:01 PM

Jan 2010
I'm going to agree with everyone else here. I liked Kujo's hair long also Cordelia is bad ass.
Jul 2, 2011 6:15 PM
May 2011
Daidragon1990 said:
I'm going to agree with everyone else here. I liked Kujo's hair long also Cordelia is bad ass.
badass dead chick
Jul 2, 2011 8:07 PM
Apr 2010
ItsSoPringles said:
Daidragon1990 said:
badass dead chick

I'd be afraid of my mom if she could pull off those moves. But then again it'd be fun dodging her when I rebel. :P
Jul 2, 2011 10:05 PM

Jun 2009
Dude, didn't know Cordelia was that agile. She has the talent to become a ninja.
Jul 3, 2011 11:08 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
-Quasar said:
Dude, didn't know Cordelia was that agile. She has the talent to become a ninja.

You mean a Jedi Master lol.

Alternate history much? I don't recall WW2 starting in 1924-1925....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 4, 2011 11:17 AM

Feb 2009
OMG what did I just watch? It's a shonen anime now and... it's pretty awesome to be honest. ^_^
Jul 4, 2011 8:28 PM
Sep 2010
Lolz... Cordelia has ninja skills? WTF? o_O
Jul 6, 2011 12:24 PM

Jun 2009
Everything was going well until the battle between Cordelia and Albert. That was sudden and unexpected. I would never have thought that Cordelia knows how to fight. o.O And then few minutes after fight is over... The last scene with Cordelia falling over and saying "Burn fire. Burn and lighten her future." was so touching! If I had more time I would certainly have cried over Cordelia's death but that was way too sudden.
Jul 7, 2011 7:14 AM

Oct 2010
I started liking this episode when I heard Cordelia's voice through that mic. <3

I do hope she's not yet dead, though. ;~;
[insert awesome signature here]
Jul 12, 2011 1:00 AM

Aug 2010
Dark Episode. You know for a anime with a lot of talk they have some good fight scenes.
Jul 17, 2011 6:50 AM

Jun 2008
Cordelia is a ninja! That's some awesome moves there.

Finally that asshole got killed, way to go Cordelia. Why did she wait until now is what i don't get. She knew the guy was no good long before. I can't believe she couldn't find a way to kill the guy long before that.

Leaving Victorique with the Roscoe that hates her was a stupid move. Both Roscoes love Cordelia so anyone could have fought along side her. So why didn't she take that crazy Roscoe with her instead of the most calm one and leave him with Victorique?
Jul 22, 2011 12:06 AM

Jan 2011
Fire! Damn, Cordelia is sure badass.
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Jul 22, 2011 9:30 AM

Aug 2008
Cordellia!! NuOOOOO!

And by the way, what the hell? Where the hell did Cordellia learn those moves. Now I know where all the damn Yoda comments came from. Personally, I would have much preferred it if she could have lived and tossed his broken, but living body into the fire.

Nothing left to do now except for hold my breathe and wait for the eventual ending. Come on Gosick, don't fuck me over like so many anime have done before. Don't do it!

Jul 23, 2011 5:51 AM
Jan 2010
this anime went downhill from 8 to 3, I can''t bellive it's possible to ruin anime and make it such a joke
Jul 23, 2011 5:58 PM
Jul 2011
lol Cordelia is good at fighting eh o___O

Maybe she really did became stronger now than before and since she once was a dancer so she can do some acrobatic moves and use it on her fight.

Maybe she can before too, but she was chained so ...dunno

But yeah it would have been better if Brian was the one who fought with Albert since it looks so Corny to see Cordelia fight that way hehe.

Kujo's hair was so bad err...
Jul 28, 2011 4:10 PM

Jan 2010
We were rewatching the series this past weekend and a couple of people made an observation. Did Cordelia take fighting classes from Master Yoda? I had Star Wars Episode 2 flashbacks throughout the fight sequence.
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Jul 29, 2011 1:32 AM

Jun 2009
This show....I swear it was fantastic at some point, then it just got chaotic and way too dramatic.

This is what I saw:
-They introduce Brian #2 who turns out to be a murdering psycho.
-Kujo shaves his head and gets beat to a pulp because of a ring. What a dork.
-Grevil seems to constantly hint at character growth yet never happens. He is still stuck as a tool.
-A bunch of old people with super-human speed wearing masks possibly kill off major characters.
-Sauville had an embarrassing pink bunny rabbit cult/army.
-Cordelia must have been taught by Jet Li's grandfather on lessons of kicking ass.

Sorry but this show went from a 10/10 anime to a silly, overly dramatic piece of non-sense the past couple of episodes. The ending better deliver.
Aug 2, 2011 10:56 PM

Mar 2011
This has gotten really strange. Mr. Propaganda de Blois vs. Obi Wan Cordelia showdown. There's Bioshock splicers and one of the Brians is going psycho. Then there's little ol Kujo as a soldier getting pounded on over a ring. WTF?!

I think I will wait till tomorrow to watch the ending.
Aug 2, 2011 11:01 PM

Dec 2010
TowardsTheStars said:

Cordelia is clearly Yoda
Aug 24, 2011 1:51 AM

Oct 2009
That was very nicely done, intense climax!
Nooo Cordelia better not die, one Brian is dead(?) and the other is losing it too >.<

Hah Kujo looks weird with his haircut xD
Sep 8, 2011 5:42 PM

Jul 2010
choyos said:
I wouldn't say Cordelia is 100% dead.. is likely that she actually survives with a pretty nasty scar.
I mean... wishful thinking hurts no one >.>

I do believe both Roscoes will be dead by the end of the anime.

i'm pretty sure if that didnt kill her, the fire will, so if she survives, her hair would all be burnt

Tenrag said:
For me end of this ep was something like:
- Fu*k yeah! Victorique escaped.
- Fu*k no! why Roscoe want to kill Victorique?
- Fu*k yeah!, finally that rapist got what he deserved.
- Fu*k no! Why she had to sound like dying. (it could have been that guy's blood, not her)
- Fu*k yeah! It's not over even though normally thinking that would be last ep. There is hope that they will be together again in last scene. If yes that would be 10/10 from me.
- Fu*k no! It can end like: "They didn't met after that but their hearts were connected forever." if so that would be 9/10 from me.

I just love those sinusoidal plots. :P

Extermely enjoying this series and hope that will enjoy last ep as well.

i know there was a hell of a lot of action this episode
MiMikuChan said:
HawthorneKitty said:
Kujo... I don't like you anymore simply because of your hair.

lol yea, it doesnt fit him at all D:

lol so true

Nov 10, 2011 4:50 PM

Jun 2011
Cordelia sure knows how to fight. I hope she survived by the end of this series. And both Brian probably be dead when this series ended....hopefully there's no 3rd Brian suddenly appeared =)

I have no comment on Kujo's new hairstyle...
Feb 7, 2012 7:31 PM

Jan 2012
So Cordelia can fight? Heh..
I laughed everytime Kujo appears..is he now in Japan or China?

Please, Cordelia. I don't want you dead.

Sorry for being stupid but I really am lost here. How did this war break out again?
Naoki_katsuraFeb 7, 2012 7:42 PM
Apr 10, 2012 5:12 PM

Aug 2011
so what was up with the ninja grandma anyways?
May 10, 2012 7:33 AM

Jun 2011
I have nothing to say, there was simply too much win in this episode
I was left speechless by the awesomeness...
May 23, 2012 7:08 AM

Dec 2011
last half of the episode = so much win
“I’m tired of all the nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That’s deep enough. What do you want – an adorable pancreas?”

Jun 7, 2012 3:13 PM

Dec 2011
Cordelia's rampage was awesome.
Jul 3, 2012 3:31 AM

Dec 2011
Fucking Kujo has different hair!

But I don't understand something. Why do they prepare for the war in 1925?
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Make a contract with me... /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
Aug 11, 2012 10:07 PM

Jul 2012
Oh god, this anime is defying logic. LOL Making fires appear randomly, fighting with 3293 pounds of long blonde hair keeping you down, fighting in FIRE LOL

Obviously Vic's gonna survive the Brian 2# :P

I loved this episode actually. Pretty epic.
I'm glad that the evil Blois dude died but I didn't want Corde to die too :(
Why are Cordelia and Brian so badass?! Victorique and Kujo are so boring compared to them. ;/

Kujo's haircut. Ew. ._.
Oct 21, 2012 9:17 AM
Sep 2012
brian 2 can go f himself, after all cordellia has done for her daughter he thinks the best thing to do is kil her? T_T. also it seems that all he wants to do is blame someone for being born, wtf like its victorique's fault that she was born.=, hate it when that happens in anime.
Feb 13, 2013 12:36 PM

Sep 2010
Ok, what the actual hell with Victorique's father biting her ear??
On he other hand, very valiant character, that Cordelia.
"If you can eliminate all the other choices, the remaining choice, no matter how improbable, it is the answer."- Sherlock Holmes
Mar 11, 2013 3:27 PM

Jan 2013
Kujo and Victorique have to kiss when they meet again.........

Probably my favorite episode yet. Since it's so sad
Apr 8, 2013 9:12 PM

Jul 2009
THANK YOU.
KUJO GETTING BEAT. BEST EPISODE EVER.
shit escalated in a pretty shitty way.
in the grand scheme of things - this tiny country - if it had joined Germany, wouldve burned to the grounds anyway, so meh. and this albert guy has a few screws loose. honestly, what's with all the rabbit shit. imagine 100 people in rabbit costumes, i wouldnt even be able to help but laugh -- let alone give a grandslam speech.
Jul 16, 2013 2:50 AM
Apr 2012
holy flying fuck
Jan 31, 2014 7:26 PM

Jul 2013
This episode has easily been the best so far because Cordelia got over 20 seconds of air time. Cordelia was absolutely awesome! I'm really really sad she's gone now and I still don't get the double Brain Rosco thing. The music and lighting and everything was just perfectly done.

Bald Kujo? Oh hell no....

Did anyone else pause at the maze, found the route to Vic's house and think 'no wonder that girl can eat so many sweets'.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Mar 26, 2014 3:22 PM

Sep 2011
Damn... so much happened...

I'm happy Marquis will finally die (though he deserved a much more painful death).
Brian attacks Victorique out of misery, great... Though I doubt she dies.
I had a feeling that it's going to be Cordelia in that dress (especially after the prevous scene when someone entered the Victorique's room and since her face was hidden).
Cordelia is badass, but damn I don't want her to die :( (I mean she still has a chance, but she is probably going to die).
Kujou got his hair cut, he looks so weird :S
Btw, it looks like a lot of people died in that explosion/fire, it's gonna make it look like a terrorist attack from Cordelia. They didn't really explain why Marquis was bad :/ (Though it's possible that Cordelia is going to be believed to be the Charming Monster and thus her action be treated as the right thing to do)

I really wonder how they are going to wrap this up. I'm hoping for a happy ending (I could understand a sad ending, but fuck you, they deserve a happy ending together after the so much shit that happened...)
I also kind of hope that Kujou will have a heroic moment (I really don't want him to just meet Victorique and that's it).
I'm still hoping for a helpful Grevil (unlress he already helped them switching places). I'm pretty sure he is going to turn good in the end.
RazielZeroMar 26, 2014 3:31 PM
Mar 27, 2014 6:41 PM

Feb 2013
Cordelia Kicking ass and taking REVENGE on a silver platter...but... dammit this episode. sadly i think its safe to say Cordelia is most likely dead alongside Roscoe twin #1. speaking of Roscoe Twins i get they both love Cordelia but WTF it doesn't entirely make sense as to why he wants to kill Victorique. I mean sure he doesn't want Cordelia to cry no more and want's to stop this BUT he must have known that this plan was ultimate suicide for Cordelia.ALSO why would think Cordelia would want this!ugh Roscoe twin #2 why! now onto Kujo i wont lie if i didn't hear his voice i wouldn't have thought that was him(this isn't entirely true) but damn i love Kujo takes a hard ass beating from his prick of a commanding officer for that ring. i'm really happy they didn't turn him into a wimpy male lead. 5/5 this episode and if it ends well i'm thinking i may have another 10 on my hands.(hell i love it so much i may favorite as well though this remains to be seen).
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Apr 30, 2014 7:35 AM
Mar 2013
Wooah, things have suddenly changed into high gear. Kujo is in the Japanese military now and he's getting beat up :(

With Kujo gone, poor Victorique is all alone as well, but at least she managed to escape that deranged father of hers. Seriously, what kind of sicko licks his daughter's face and rapes her mother?

I'm so glad Cordelia got revenge on him but I didn't want her to die ;_; Don't parents have an obligation to live and look after their children? Why do they throw their lives away so easily >:(

And WTF Brian? Why are you trying to kill Victorique? I think he's finally snapped and he picked the worse time to do so.
Aug 26, 2014 1:38 AM

Oct 2013
OH MY GOSH THIS EPISODE KICKED UP THE INTENSITY A HUNDREDFOLD

OH MY GOSH TIMESKIP
OH MY GOSH MARQUIS IS DEAD
OH MY GOSH CORDELIA IS DEAD
OH MY GOSH BRIAN #1 IS DEAD
OH MY GOSH BRIAN #2 IS TRYING TO KILL VICTORIQUE
OH MY GOSH KUJO'S HAIR

HOW DID MARQUIS KNOW THE KING KILLED COCO??? I THOUGHT VIC HID THAT FROM HIM

OMGGGGGGGG THIS ANIME

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 17, 2014 12:09 PM

Aug 2013
Well, everything goes wrong!
All those characters dying : Cordellia, Brian Roscoe, probably Jupiter Roger. Those in despair : Victorique, Grevil, the King. Those who are send for a cold death at war, Kujo. I just can't see a happy ending. With that distance, that vision of a reunion seem so far away...

I wasn't expecting Cordelia to appear out of nowhere like that. She's a damn ninja, pulling out those crazy moves, like those two ugly grandmas. I'm glad that she was able to kill Albert from her own hands, she got her revenge against the man who tortured her. She destroyed her dream and his pride.

So Victorique ultimate utility was to use her as a mass gatherer. He kind of wanted to manipulate people like Hitler did, but not with speech and charisma, just with the promise of a victory from a non-existing monster.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 1, 2015 2:26 PM

Apr 2012
That really got out of hand fast.
Mar 18, 2015 11:07 PM

Sep 2014
Whoa, that escalated quickly. I wanted a mother daughter reunion, ugh. X_X
Mar 26, 2015 2:26 AM
Jul 2014
Starting the war one episode to the end?! I don't get it,this should be episode 2 or 3 and not 23!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gosick Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jul 1, 2011

519 by kazuki_tenta »»
May 6, 1:18 AM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

timeagent - Jan 14, 2011

201 by redorzo »»
Apr 30, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 17, 2011

114 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 3, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jun 10, 2011

101 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:49 PM

Poll: » Gosick Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 3, 2011

85 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 1, 10:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.