Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Scum's Wish
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 12, 2017 1:00 PM

May 2010
There, one of my favorite scenes. Ecchan saying she will try trusting Atsuya a little and Noriko teaching Hanabi a new path (something I want her to stick with for now.) Felt a bit fast but I think they did a really good with what little time they had.

Mod Edit: Removed spoiler.
BrandonMar 12, 2017 8:46 PM
Mar 12, 2017 7:28 PM

Jan 2013
Hanabi is finally free to be single for a little while. She should enjoy it and do some soul searching to find what she really wants.
Mar 12, 2017 7:40 PM
Sep 2016
Ecchan is probably my favorite character in this series, she reminds me of myself. Yuri pairing of her and hanabi didn't seem quite right, probably because of the lack of sincerity. Shipping sanae with her cousin.

Hanabi still has a lot of growing up to do, even moca seems to have a better understanding on love.
Mar 12, 2017 8:24 PM

Jan 2013
I don't know why but those bed scenes between Hanabi and Ecchan make me cringe so hard. But the champion of cringe is Mugi! I freaking hate him, why did they had to show us that ending scene? Please someone kill him, he is retarded.
Thank's to Ecchan's friend, Hanabi and Ecchan opened their eyes, they did what was right. I still hope that Ecchan will stay with her cousin ;)
Hanabi grew so much in the last episodes, proud of her xD

Can we end this anime with Mugi being shot or hit by a car? Because i don't think he can come back from that...
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 12, 2017 8:37 PM

Jul 2015
I'm happy because I was worried about how they were going to handle Hanabi waiting for Mugi that night. My heart was hurting with just the thought of having to sit here watching her wait for a guy who wasn't coming, that would have been painful. Glad they passed that. Still sucks though.

Luckily Atsuya made things awkward and entertaining to watch for a good bit AND made things super serious and tense while Hanabi and Ecchan finally talked things out. Now Mugi just needs to stop sleeping with the teacher and we can get this ball rolling on the path to a happy ending... I think.

My coffee had whipped cream in it this time. Absolutely great. Like this episode.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 12, 2017 8:55 PM
Jun 2011
sahidinlaz said:
I'm so glad a Ecchan and Hanabi relationship isn't happening。。

after watching this I said 浴衣!!、

Totally agree, honestly only 2 good things came from this episode. The only character I actually gave a crap about; Moka has snatched her happiness and grown all by herself by moving on with her life as the independent little loli she was always meant to be. And the fucked up, one-sided, disgustingly forced relationship between Sanae and scumbag Hanabi is finally over.

Whew! Now hopefully the teacher gets hung by her pantyhose and all will be well in the world.
Gigamecha12Mar 12, 2017 9:00 PM
Mar 13, 2017 1:02 AM
Jul 2018
sahidinlaz said:
...after watching this I said 浴衣!!
After watching this episode again, I can say that no one was wearing one, though, ... Not Hanabi or Ecchan and not any of the people around them either. Checked the scenes immediately following arrival at Karuizawa station and scanned the crowds in and around the Prince Shopping Plaza later in the episode as well, but ... no 浴衣 spotted anywhere. It is the right season for them and they are nice enough for two !!, that can be said...
removed-userMar 13, 2017 1:07 AM
Mar 13, 2017 2:50 PM

Oct 2015
Mugi's tiny sausage can't fill the void Akane has in her world.
Mar 13, 2017 9:38 PM

Mar 2016
Thank jesus things get wrapped up with Ecchan... Like it was a weird relationship, both of them thought they were using each other and they were but weren't. I was actually expecting something between Ecchans cousin and Hanabi because in the opening Hanabi is with someone who sorta looks like him... or not idk

But still why Mugi are you with her... you need to escape!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2017 9:25 AM

Jun 2015
Hanabi will be pleasantly surprised to learn in how many ways Akane fucked her boyfriend.
Mar 14, 2017 3:19 PM

Sep 2015
I'd have been OK with this being the finale. Not that is was such a touching episode or gave me any real sense of finality with the characters. But I just really don't care about anything else being resolved in the series. Mugi and Akane can have each other. I don't want to see any more of them. Especially after that kind of cringe end of the episode hook. Let Hanabi be happy on her own for once. She even had a decent little solidarity scene with Noriko that was nice. But three episodes remain so I guess we're going to drag this out. I wonder if it will end in Akane going to prison. Do they send you to prison for sleeping with students past the age of consent in Japan? Probably right? But I know Australia doesn't.

In reference to what actually happened in this episode though. I haven't been the biggest fan of Ecchan and the direction her story has taken. But this was a pretty nice little episode. Though I can see it upsetting some people, since the queer character seems like she's going to end up in a hetero relationship. I liked Ecchan and Hanabi's tearful porch scene. Especially when Ecchan got pissed at the suggestion they stay friends. That is a pretty cruel thing to put on someone. Also Hanabi being self conscious in the bath was hella cute.
Mar 14, 2017 7:52 PM
Jul 2018
You may find it interesting that this series was created and started airing at a time when the discussion about Japanese sex-crime laws has resulted in serious proposals to revise such laws for the first time in a 110 years - though in some respects the proposed amendments still fall a little short of what the advocates of change consider desirable...

The proposals which passed the cabinet level of the amendment process, about a week ago, will expand the statutes to include changes in the way sexual abuse by parents and guardians of children under the age of 18 in their care is handled - but does not extend such laws to include teachers, though child advocates had urged lawmakers that teachers and other authority figures outside the immediate “family” be included in the proposed changes as well.

One line from near the ending of the episode I don't see getting much attention in these threads is Minagawa-sensei's attempt to deflect some of her responsibility onto -absent- parents...
removed-userMar 14, 2017 8:15 PM
Mar 14, 2017 9:41 PM

Oct 2015
Hanabi is so cruel... well the yuri is at least resolved. Mugi on the other hand is just helpless...
Mar 15, 2017 3:21 AM
Jul 2012
Damn RIP Hanabi x Ecchan yuri ship. I knew it wasn't going to happen. But fuck. Why. This anime is so twisted, that it would of fit perfectly to stick with that! I'm a bit salty. While this felt like a closure to Ecchan's chapter.... I hope somehow it isn't, but it probably is. The implied romance between Ecchan, a self-proclaimed man hater, and her annoying cousin though, leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I knew he was going to have a role in fixing Hanabi's and Ecchan's relationship, but come on bro, stalker status, finding out where Ecchan was going and all that. I get he wanted to protect Ecchan, not to mention Ecchan was pretty stalkerish for Hanabi too, but still. I don't like that implied resolution between Ecchan and the cousin, even if it makes sense. Maybe because the typically nice, friendzoned guys never get with the girl who friendzones them ever? Could be.

Again, we see Mugi falling into the honey trap. Not a problem per se, given the fact that he's getting to drink his fill of the love of his life, likely getting drunk off it and addicted, and he is acting rather realistic in that sense. Again, the people calling him an ass or stupid for continuing to sleep with Akane, just don't seem to get that Mugi is a great example of a flawed human being. Knowing full well he's doing something he shouldn't, knowing full well he's being used, but doing it anyways for the pleasure and his own selfish desires of sleeping with the the one he loves, be it actual love, or a love of her body, or his 'ideal' of her. Plenty of people do things just to feel good, and given how fucked he's been, both literally and metaphorically, from his old senpai and Hanabi, I think his true feelings are being corrupted, given all the times he's had sex. Perhaps he too is idolizing Akane as a sex object and is trying to convince himself he isn't scum because he wants to 'save her,' when in fact he's fucking her for his own selfish desires. That's the feeling I get. Could be hate sex too I suppose, but this seems less likely.

This episode had me worried though, the signs are getting clearer that the ending is going to be Mugi x Hanabi and that upsets me. Not because it's bad story wise, quite the opposite, it makes perfect sense, but considering how twisted and unique this anime is.... to settle on the most generic and obvious ending possible, i.e., in most harem and drama stories the MC either gets with the first girl/ guy he/she meets in episode 1, or he/she doesn't choose anyone in the ending, is really a waste of potential. This anime has shown us a much different drama story, how all the character's are scum and messed up in one way or another, to have it end on a happy note and with a traditionally obvious, cliche ending of MC x first girl/guy that appears, would kind of feel like, at least to me, a waste, in that it ruined the uniqueness of the anime. Like, 'here are all our suffering characters, watch all their harrowing ordeals that are eventually rendered meaningless because they get a happy end!' One could make the argument that, 'oh a happy end shows their character development and the trials and tribulations they overcame, to get to this point and by accepting themselves and each other, and all their flaws, to convey the message, there is hope even for scum!' Which is a sound and viable argument, but I guess it will come down to HOW they present it or get to that point. If the ending feels too cookie cutter, cliche, or convenient, I think it will ruin the feels I had during this anime, watching it all the way through. Thus, if they do go the seemingly obvious, Hanabi x Mugi route, I just hope they do it in a unique way that won't make it seem like I've watched this ending hundreds of times before in other anime. I sure as hell hope we get a wild card, unexpected ending though, like Mugi and Hanabi don't get together, and both end up alone and resolved, or Akane x Mugi actually happens, or some characters get good ends, others get bad ends, or other possibilities, would make this anime even greater for me. If something happens that I didn't see coming, showing how complicated it is to let go and move on, and that happy ends aren't guaranteed, etc. I'd feel fulfilled watching all the characters' pain throughout the series. Here's to hoping I won't be disappointed with the end, but alas, I feel I might be.
No I don't read manga. Why? Because according to MAL manga readers, all anime is either: too rushed, too slow, anime original, or a terrible adaption. I like to enjoy anime for what it is, anime.
Mar 15, 2017 5:11 AM

Jun 2013
The drama between Hanabi and Sanae is so raw. I hate Sanae's cousin for always forcing himself on her. I want my gay couple but Japan hates gays unless it's for shits and giggles. Save for the true yaoi and yuri artists out there. You da real mvps.

Mugi is so weak when it comes to his dick. The loli wouldn't do but he had a booty call with that huge-tit senpai from his middle school.

I'm fucking evil for finding it hilarious how some people are emotionally damaged, traumatized or too attached to these character and the story. There are worse couples out there and worse relationships under the guise of 'love.'
臭い-
Mar 15, 2017 5:53 AM
Jun 2011
Bibimbapski said:
The drama between Hanabi and Sanae is so raw. I hate Sanae's cousin for always forcing himself on her.

Oh but Sanae forcing herself on Hanabi's okay? I don't know if you remember this, but when they slept with each other; Hanabi straight up told her she's only letting her do this cause she's scared of losing her as a friend. At least Sanae's cousin never made out with her while she was sleeping. Unlike a certain red headed trash compactor we all know. Just cause she's gay it doesn't mean she should be excused for being trash. Can we say "Double standard yuri-fag"?
Mar 15, 2017 7:29 AM

Oct 2010
I'm glad this yuri arch ends. Ecchan was kind of annoying for me =_=
I really like to watch the next episode! What's with this new Hanabi, and what happens to Mugi!?
Mar 15, 2017 8:00 PM
Feb 2014
This has been a truly powerful series for me so far. It's disgusting and cruel. But it's shocking how close it is to being real. I mean sure, some of the twists are unrealistic. But how the characters cope and process everything that's happening around them is absolutely real. How Ebato reacted to everything especially struck a chord in my heart. This really is a bold way of storytelling to say the least and I can't wait for more.
Mar 15, 2017 9:48 PM

Apr 2014
sighhhhh poor Ecchan, completely understand her. she and Hana are cute together, too bad it's never gonna be a thing. i just hope she doesn't hook up with that cousin

i've been saying this pretty much since episode 1, but i don't want Hana x Mugi to be a thing at the end, i despise the idea of them being together. it's so likely that they'll end up together but i hope this anime doesn't become predictable
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2017 11:07 PM

Oct 2008
After all thing that has patched-up with Hanabi & Sanae...Mugi and bitch-sensei Akane is still bangin'
FACEPALM!
4/5.

Mar 17, 2017 7:58 AM
Dec 2009
Lelouch0202 said:
I'm really liking Ecchan's cousin, and
SoraSenpai said:
Damn man the Cousin ends up being one of the best characters, mainly because he has some COMMON SENSE.

^This right here is why. He's the one making Hanabi and Ecchan face things head on.

He was pretty much the last character to come into the picture here but he's my favorite right now. He obviously has his own romantic attachment issues but from what we've seen he seems like a fairly good guy.

I feel like Hanabi has finally gotten over her "brother" and matured a bit but Mugi... not sure how anything is going to end well for him at this point. Maybe Hanabi can go on and find someone new and have a normal life though.
Mar 17, 2017 7:25 PM

Aug 2010
Gigamecha12 said:
Bibimbapski said:
The drama between Hanabi and Sanae is so raw. I hate Sanae's cousin for always forcing himself on her.

Oh but Sanae forcing herself on Hanabi's okay? I don't know if you remember this, but when they slept with each other; Hanabi straight up told her she's only letting her do this cause she's scared of losing her as a friend. At least Sanae's cousin never made out with her while she was sleeping. Unlike a certain red headed trash compactor we all know. Just cause she's gay it doesn't mean she should be excused for being trash. Can we say "Double standard yuri-fag"?
This x 1000.

Seriously people these days....

Sanae's cousin is actually pretty modest compared to what she did to Hanabi. Actually I don't see anything wrong with what he's done so far. He hasn't really forced himself onto her on any way.
Mar 18, 2017 7:10 AM

Jun 2013
Gigamecha12 said:
Bibimbapski said:

Did I say she should be excused because she's gay? I'm not praising anyone in this series. Quit being a butthurt fucking homophobe. Double standard yuri-fag, did you shit that out just for me? You can swallow it. Hanabi and Sanae have an agreement, they're all trash. I can choose whoever I want. Sorry if your feelings got hurt because I bashed your favorite character.
臭い-
Mar 18, 2017 8:52 PM

May 2016
Yuri shall conquer the world.
Mar 19, 2017 4:26 PM
Jun 2011
Bibimbapski said:
Gigamecha12 said:

Did I say she should be excused because she's gay? I'm not praising anyone in this series. Quit being a butthurt fucking homophobe. Double standard yuri-fag, did you shit that out just for me? You can swallow it. Hanabi and Sanae have an agreement, they're all trash. I can choose whoever I want. Sorry if your feelings got hurt because I bashed your favorite character.

I appreciate the appology, but there's no need. I hate every last one of these garbage characters; I was just correcting an ignorant statement.

Oh "an agreement" huh? Is that what that was? Because; and I could be biased because of my apparent homophobia; I didn't see the "fingering while reading a book in the library" clause in that "agreement". To elaborate even further I also don't remember Hanabi ever verbally agreeing to anything she's ever done to her. Red head just took the silence as a yes and did as she wished. I understand reading between the lines can be hard for some folk, but I dunno...Rape is rape yuri or no yuri.

And here I was told yuri was the purest form of love...hmmmm....I guess nothing is free of taint nowadays
Gigamecha12Mar 19, 2017 4:39 PM
Mar 20, 2017 2:26 AM

May 2014
What an emotional ep. Even it's obvious Ecchan won't get her dream fulfilled and be with Hanabi, it's nice that they still have a close friends. But it's good that there isn't a relationship between them cause that would have destroyed the anime. I assume it will end with her and Hanabi both will be single since none of them gets what they want.
Mar 20, 2017 7:59 AM
Feb 2016
I was a bit skeptical whether I should watch this episode or not after the last episode's confession moment but it's a sigh of relief when I find that I don't have to worry about Hanabi. Great thing bout this show is how both Hanabi and Mugi knows what kinda happens either through their actions or words and it's nice to see that Hanabi does not mind it too much that Mugi doesn't come at their promised time and place.

No matter what after what happen at Karuizawa I hope Hanabi and Ecchan can remain as friends and Ecchan can start to try bit by bit to open her heart towards her cousin and maybe then both Ecchan and Hanabi won't have a hard time continuing their friendship.

Moca's advice to Hanabi is so freaking admirable. I'm glad that after what happened between Moca and Mugi, Moca herself matures and sees that there's nothing wrong being independent and tells Hanabi to try it herself. The way Hanabi's eyes sparkles at that realization have me thought that even if Hanabi, by the end of this anime, didn't end up with anyone it's totally fine. And I hope she realizes it as well.

As for Mugi... Hehe you can go and f*ck that music teacher as much as you'd like just as long as you don't come to Hanabi at the present time ψ( ` ∇ ´ )ψ
Mar 21, 2017 2:01 AM

Jul 2015
It is already in the climax!!

A good closure for Hana and Ecchan arc. The ship doesn't happen.
Atshuya is one of the sane person after Kanae sensei. He is thinking about Ecchan's happiness, not only to be her couple.

Mugi and Akane should go away. Mugi betrayed Hana =_= and sex every day. What a nasty dude. If he is with Hana, he only would betray her more.

And for Hana, I feel bad for her tbh ;-;-;.

For the first time I wish an anime that will get a friend zone ending.
Mar 23, 2017 12:59 AM
Mar 2016
U know, this is the only part where get to see some panty fanservice with Ecchan.

Nice that there is a cousin who fully knows Ecchan, nice that he serves as Yuri neutralizer for Hanabi and Ecchan.
Mar 24, 2017 5:18 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Hanabi and Ecchan the bittersweet ends of this cool relationship!!!
This yuoung people are full of feeelings, and yet have all their lifes to lives!!! ;)
Mar 25, 2017 8:03 PM

Feb 2013
Still want a "Scum's Wish" hat.

I'm not sure how I feel about them not not being friends anymore. I would have actually expected it...
Mar 26, 2017 7:41 PM

Aug 2010
YES at least Ebato let go cuz seriously she made me sick...that overatachment is scary...
Mar 30, 2017 4:57 PM
Dec 2016
Fuck you, Mugi. And sensei.
Mar 31, 2017 6:32 AM

Jul 2009
Ecchan is such a nice girl, but I am glad she decided to let it go, I love yuri, but this is not the way I want it. Ecchan deserve a girl who will love her, not use her.
Mar 31, 2017 10:17 AM

May 2012
A good focus on Ecchan and Hanabi this episode to be honest, it's progressing quite well, but I do wonder what the last three episodes will have to offer and what kind of conclusion it will have!
Apr 5, 2017 1:18 AM

May 2013
Aww, the main parts of this ep were so sweet, down to Ecchan and her cousin finally having a path open :')

The bitch slut whore soiled it at the end though =____=
For me, and many others, I see.
Apr 6, 2017 6:06 AM

Apr 2010
Mugi's a damn idiot >.>
Let's see if anything changes with him.
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
Apr 9, 2017 2:19 AM

Jan 2014
I hope Ecchan end up with Atsuya, that will solve 1 problem.

and Mugi drown in pleasure with Akane, the good thing is, he kept Akane busy from toying with other people feelings.
I bet he already know that drown in pleasure also one of it's consequence to love Akane and cure her bad habit.
Mugi is a professional player after all.

DAMN I WISH I WAS MUGI.
Apr 18, 2017 8:47 PM

Feb 2015
More feelings confessions. Hana is so confused. Everything in this anime started with a crush and when finally they have the opportunity, they reject it, it almost every romantic relation.
Apr 20, 2017 1:03 AM

Apr 2015
Finally Ecchan is backing off. Man both girls are pretty shitty at this point but oh well. Meanwhile Mugi is getting some nice b00sy lul.
Jun 1, 2017 3:29 AM

Mar 2015
Glad they could finally end the Ecchan x Hana bit, didn't really feel it working out between them at all
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 21, 2017 10:50 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Mugi still falling into the teacher's sex trap... Hope he gets out the scum in him xD
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 17, 2017 4:49 PM

Apr 2017
Gonna drop this anime right here. It was starting to bore the shit out of me. Yuri was the only thing keeping my interest up but now that seems to have gone up in smoke...
Oct 23, 2017 11:41 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Wait, so both Hanabi and Ecchan dont want that "taste" to end? Does Hanabi loves Ecchan after all??
Dec 21, 2017 11:09 AM

May 2015
It looks like yuri is done.

And Mugi is still fucking Bitch sensei.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 25, 2018 8:50 AM

Aug 2014
I like how Ecchan will maybe give this boy a chance ;] but I wonder if they can be happy or more like only they can become happy together from this circle of strange relationships in this anime.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Apr 8, 2019 8:31 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I'm really disappointed in Migu, honestly.
I'm glad the thing between Ecchan and Hanabi ended, I was waiting for the moment it did, it was never going to work anyway given the circumstances.
May 30, 2019 9:47 PM

Jun 2012
I really hate Hanabi's character, she was too weak to even break things off with Sanae.
Oct 13, 2019 7:59 AM

Oct 2013
Sanae is a completely unsympathetic character IMO. Aside from just being a dull episode, I also found it distasteful as I can't take Hanabi's relationship with Sanae seriously nor interpret any of their actions in a positive light. Ironically, the dynamic between Sanae and her cousin is the most interesting tangent of her character arc, and there's not even anything especially refreshing about that.

On another note, is Mugi's relationship with Akane (fuck Akane btw) actually acceptable, culturally? I mean, she's a grown-ass adult and Mugi is a student, presumably underaged... I know Japan has different framing for ages of consent, but even the teacher/student relationship feels like an obvious abusive of power dynamic. I just wonder to what degree this is a culturally acceptable movement, or if their relationship necessities discretion.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 9, 2020 2:46 PM

Sep 2019
it was emocional, it was sad, it was happy, imo the best episode until now
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2017

436 by Relp1905 »»
May 11, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2017

433 by unbigou »»
Mar 24, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Kuzu no Honkai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

250 by AniGreek73 »»
Feb 17, 5:46 PM

» Live Action

JSeanaY - Dec 18, 2023

5 by Asudox »»
Dec 29, 2023 3:14 PM

» I want to watch it but I don't want to watch it.

Ronin_Sensei - Sep 13, 2023

48 by Zarutaku »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.