Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 8, 2015 5:50 PM
Sep 2014
Dotty_Et_Cetera said:
One huge minus in plot: a killer doll. WHY? Why they had to completely ruin the atmosphere of real life mystery with a random horror movie scenario?

If I knew the murderer was being manipulated by something or someone, I could say "a puppet did it", and I would still be correct no matter now strange it sounds.

Remember that Magata Shiki was a fairly strange child. It wouldn't be surprising for her to categorise the murderer as a "doll" because say, that person seemed to be empty inside, and insist on saying that the murderer was a "doll" when questioned. Children can be surprisingly stubborn when it comes to certain things.

Another possibility is that a doll actually did kill her parents - it was the murder weapon. Suppose you hid some kind of venomous insect or a small poisoned needle on a doll and gave it to someone else. By handling the doll without knowing of the dangers, they would be "killed by the doll".

What I'm saying is that it's too early to jump to conclusions.
Oct 8, 2015 5:56 PM

Jan 2013
Great first episode. Feels very grounded. Good dialogue, and almost no exposition. Just puts you right into the story.
Oct 8, 2015 5:58 PM

Jun 2015
Despite not much actually happening I feel like this is going to build into an interesting story
Oct 8, 2015 6:19 PM

Jan 2011
for episode with a whole lot of talking and not much going on still manged to keep it interesting

boy that sensei sure likes to sound cool lol

also OP was fun to watch 10/10 for that
Oct 8, 2015 6:29 PM

Dec 2013
Slow start, but the characters were good and I want to see how they will handle the murder case in this series.

Moe is Moe, Sohei is... Exotic, but good and Magata Shiki was scary. lol Opening is nice, and the ending already become my favorite of the season.
Oct 8, 2015 6:31 PM

Jul 2012
This has lots of potential, but I wish they could have squeezed more into this episode. There's not much hooking me in right now other than the mystery behind Magata Shiki, aka Modern Sadako LOL

I like the ED theme. It's very abstract and beautiful, like Inio Asano's designs.

I can tell that this show is gonna be the hipster's favourite of the season.
Oct 8, 2015 6:34 PM

Nov 2012
Even though nothing really happens in this episode, I found it to be spectacular. Unique character designs, good choice of classical music that fit the atmosphere perfectly, good dialogue and good acting from the seiyuu.

I normally hate the kind of exposition that got stuffed in dialogues, but they handle it gracefully in this episode. The exposition doesn't feel forced or out of place.

Again, superb episode, 5/5 even though nothing really happens
Oct 8, 2015 6:38 PM

Apr 2012
That was alright i guess......
The character designs were pretty refreshing.
Didn't really like all the lame existential jibber jabber.

Oct 8, 2015 6:42 PM

Feb 2013
Looks pretty sweet. Liking it so far.
Oct 8, 2015 7:23 PM

Jan 2011
This was a very interesting first episode. Sure not much really happened but I found the characters' interactions and dialogue to be very intriguing. I really like Moe as the main heroine and seems to be really smart yet cute. Souhei on the other hand reminds me of an older version of Nine or a younger version of Shibazaki from Zankyou no Terror. The whole animation and setting does remind me of said anime too. Hopefully turns out to be really good, looking forward to more~

I love the OP; the song from KANA-BOON is so catchy and the visuals are very unique and stylish. I also really like the ED and the whole computer windows/terminals in the visuals were a nice touch.
5/5
Oct 8, 2015 8:19 PM

Mar 2013
Nothing happen yet.
Still, curious about it.
Oct 8, 2015 8:26 PM

Oct 2011
Very thought provoking dialogue.
Oct 8, 2015 8:38 PM

Jun 2014
intriging but kinda slow , not really a big deal though , it was really nice with a bunch of very interesting Dialogues and characters especially Magata Shiki of course
Oct 8, 2015 8:39 PM

Mar 2010
that crush

it seems interesting so far.
Oct 8, 2015 8:43 PM

Mar 2014
this is waaaay too smart and i love it for that. dont like nishinosono or whatever :/
Oct 8, 2015 9:25 PM

Apr 2013
Man the Cello Suite No. 1 -Bach's Cello Suite No. 1 really reminds me of Hyouka.
I really like heavy thought provoking dialogues in anime. Opening and ending song animation seems a bit different from the rest. Gonna be excited waiting every week for this.
REALITY IS A CRAPPY GAME

Oct 8, 2015 9:53 PM

Jul 2015
sakurako-san had a more compelling pilot, imo. This one seems to beat around the bush. However, it seems like one of those series that spend first few episodes building up into, which I hope, something climactic. It still has the mystery feel that gets you into it though.
Oct 8, 2015 9:54 PM

Oct 2014
Does Asano-sensei really only do character design? Cos the atmosphere build, dialogue, and the directing kinda reminds me of Asano-sensei's writing :3

Well, ofc not. What am I saying.

The episode is strong enough for me. Currently for me, this > sakurako. Sakurako has a more flashy and pretty visual (which I like), but Insider's way to open the series with a thought-provoking dialogue (which I like more) is an interesting take. Much more interesting than Sakurako's way with the visuals. IMO it makes this series seems to be more mature than Sakurako.

But eh, what's with this comparing two things? We're just at square one, aren't we? :V
HOW TO SAVE ANIME IN THREE SIMPLE STEPS

1. To have Mars of Destruction, Skelter Heaven, and Pupa properly adapted in TV series form by Madhouse
  2. To have Inferno Cop properly adapted in TV series form by Bones, director: Urobuchi Gen
  3. An anime crossover of Mushishi x ARIA x Haibane Renmei.

Should even one of the above conditions cannot be done, anime is still at risk.
Oct 8, 2015 9:57 PM

Jul 2012
BlackMalice said:
Man the Cello Suite No. 1 -Bach's Cello Suite No. 1 really reminds me of Hyouka.

same, but more so evangelion
MayukaOct 8, 2015 10:01 PM
Oct 8, 2015 10:00 PM
Jul 2018
Nishinosono is cute :) Slow start but it got my interest.
Oct 8, 2015 10:29 PM

Oct 2014
A little slow of a start but not slow enough to bore me. I am definitely interested to see where this goes
[center]
Oct 8, 2015 10:35 PM
Mar 2014
Nice start, I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes. Mystery theme is always interesting to watch and I love dialogue heavy scenes when it's done well.

And nice to see Tanezaki Atsumi voicing a main role in an Anime.
ChristownOct 8, 2015 10:39 PM
Oct 8, 2015 10:54 PM

Aug 2013
"I have no idea what to think about this" is the best way for me to describe this first episode.

I have no idea what this show is supposed to be about.
I have no idea whether I like any of the characters.
I have no idea where I like the OP/ED or not.
No idea whether or not I liked what I watched, or didn't like it, or whether it was good or bad...

Apparently this is based off some novel, and according the MAL synopsis they already fucked up the adaptation (I think), so we'll see.
Oct 8, 2015 11:04 PM

Feb 2013
It was very GOOD considering how calm it was. But Moe it's annoying and I already want to bitch slap her.

Oct 8, 2015 11:05 PM

Oct 2013
Average start, hopefully it picks up when things actually happen.
Oct 8, 2015 11:08 PM

May 2014
Colour me intrigued. I'm a big fan of all the dialogue.
Oct 8, 2015 11:19 PM

Apr 2011
Not a huge fan, but definitely like it enough to continue having moderate to good expectations for it. I like Nishinosono's design, gave me a Tsunemori Akane vibe from her. Nice to see this not using vibrant colors all too much. I think we have enough of that this season. Terrible 3DCG though, utterly terrible.
Oct 9, 2015 12:30 AM
Jun 2015
Hmm...the mystery is set-up perfectly...and hopefully it will deliver...
Oct 9, 2015 12:58 AM

Nov 2014
3deep4me, my brain almost went haywire, but since i'll watch this till the end it's very interesting for me
Oct 9, 2015 12:59 AM

Jul 2012
yhunata said:
I like Nishinosono's design, gave me a Tsunemori Akane vibe from her.
Yeah, similar voice too. The main difference is that Akane wasn't this horny for Kogami ;)
Oct 9, 2015 1:02 AM

Jul 2013
The three main characters are very amusing so far. Especially that sensei lol.
I also really like the music and animation of the OP.
Oct 9, 2015 2:12 AM

Apr 2009
I wonder if the people who dislike Moe actually bought into Sensei's teenage nihilist philosophy.
Oct 9, 2015 2:32 AM

Mar 2011
It looks promising.
Oct 9, 2015 2:35 AM

Jul 2013
I like it a lot. Characters are really interesting, and as I expected this will be an anime worth watching. I'm really looking forward to it. I find it very cute how Nishinosono knows even what Saikawa-senei is thinking at moments. Even through she likes him, she's not empty-minded and that's a nice change in a while. Magata Shiki, of course seems extraordinary. I can't wait to see more of her.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Oct 9, 2015 2:43 AM

Nov 2013
ichii_1 said:

Seven is a lonely number because 1x2x3x4x5x6 = 8x9x10

oh, so that's the answer
inochi ga kurikaesu naraba nandomo kimi no moto e ...
... if life can be repeated, i'll go to you many times over
Oct 9, 2015 2:45 AM

Mar 2012
It was an alright first episode. Seems promising and it's a mystery anime so a slow start isn't too surprising. Things will probably start rolling in the next episode.
Oct 9, 2015 2:53 AM
Jul 2018
That was a good episode. The opening song as unexpected, I was expecting something more slow and suspenseful but this is good too.
I'm looking forward to this it looks like it has a lot of potential

The main characters are interesting, especially the protagonist, he seems smart and could be good at solving the mysteries this series will have.

( I'm about to write a mini rant here about some mystery anime, so skip it if you don't want to read it, just a warning XD)
this is relatively Unrelated but, I'm tired of how a majority of mystery series's I"VE watched have protagonist's who are completely normal and have no mystery solving skills whatsoever, and their only role is to mostly not know what's going on and keeps asking the smart character (usually the main heroine who is a young genius who are super detectives) what's going on. And while yes I know that usually their role in the series is to be relatively normal and ask questions so that we the viewers can get details about the case and understand what's going on.
I just wish they can just change it up a bit so there's more variety besides normal protagonist and young genius main heroine (like hyouka for one example)

Sorry about the wall of text just felt like writing this :P
Oct 9, 2015 3:13 AM

Oct 2008
Mischievous said:
This came off as a bit of a wish-fulfillment mixed with "everybody is stupid".
It's most certainly the angsty pseudo intellectual teenager type of audience they're pandering to with a lot of their dialogue. Seeing a full grown man(I presume) who's a scientist casually say these things to a girl we assume is close with seems rather out of place. Like does he always talk like this? It's such an obvious point to make what about this case has brought these thoughts into his head now? It could justify it later on and make this episode much better so I hope that'll be the case and his lines won't just be kinda one off statements for this anime's brief intro into philosophy.
Oct 9, 2015 3:31 AM
Jan 2014
politoadboy said:
With all the shitty exposition this season it's good to finally have something that introduces its characters rather than rambling on about the setting.
Also loved how they established that the MC and Moe are close, they didn't have some side character say "you guys have known eachother for so long!!!", they showed it subtly by having Moe finish his sentence of foods he cannot eat.
Funky OP too.

Except there was that moment before hand when Murata asked if she liked him, so no they did actually tell you through dialogue without any sublety.

But at least she admitted it herself, so that's is something right?
Shock_YinOct 9, 2015 3:41 AM

Oct 9, 2015 3:41 AM

Nov 2011
Seems pretty boring

Oct 9, 2015 3:53 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Shock_Yin said:
politoadboy said:
With all the shitty exposition this season it's good to finally have something that introduces its characters rather than rambling on about the setting.
Also loved how they established that the MC and Moe are close, they didn't have some side character say "you guys have known eachother for so long!!!", they showed it subtly by having Moe finish his sentence of foods he cannot eat.
Funky OP too.

Except there was that moment before hand when Murata asked if she liked him, so no they did actually tell you through dialogue without any sublety.

But at least she admitted it herself, so that's is something right?

You mean Magata :P I don't think that counts as not being subtle, because the point of that question wasn't to tell us that Nishinosono likes Saikawa, but to show that Magata is really observant or can deduct things quickly. I think she was also testing Nishinosono to get a better understanding of Nishinosono's personality (which is that she's honest).
Oct 9, 2015 3:57 AM

Jun 2014
We don't know what's going on in the story, which makes it more mysterious. I didn't really like Moe's character design, although Sohei looked kinda cool. Also loved the OP design. Perhaps this is one mature anime of this season.
Oct 9, 2015 5:15 AM

Feb 2008
An interesting premise. Nothing less from noitaminA, the OP and ED were also superb.
Oct 9, 2015 6:29 AM
Jul 2018
Seems nice. It caught me by surprise when it ended.
Oct 9, 2015 6:44 AM

Apr 2015
I don't know how to feel quite yet. It seems like an alright(?) mystery that I might like, though it could just be crap.
It's time you look inward and begin asking yourself the big question, "Who are you, and what do you want?" - Uncle Iroh
Oct 9, 2015 6:50 AM

Aug 2014
yhunata said:
Not a huge fan, but definitely like it enough to continue having moderate to good expectations for it. I like Nishinosono's design, gave me a Tsunemori Akane vibe from her. Nice to see this not using vibrant colors all too much. I think we have enough of that this season. Terrible 3DCG though, utterly terrible.

Think it's the same seiyuu too.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Oct 9, 2015 6:53 AM

Dec 2013
The ED is so good :OO
Oct 9, 2015 6:56 AM
Jul 2018
Definitely one of my favorites this season.
>cool story
>cool op song
>cool ed song
>cool characters
Oct 9, 2015 7:10 AM

Sep 2014
Now, regardless of what Trigger fans may think, this show is how you save anime.
Oct 9, 2015 7:18 AM

Oct 2008
Love the OP and ED songs. I can't get into Nishinosono's character design. Definitely not the "rich lady" image I had.

Gotta say things were presented in a more easy-to-understand way in the TV drama. I'd probably be slightly confused at this first episode if I started with the anime.

Somehow I thought they'd be covering a few books, but with this pacing I think they're only going to do the first book.

edit: They also made Nishinosono more annoying here :|
komasanOct 9, 2015 8:11 AM
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2015

175 by 0arche »»
Jan 10, 9:11 AM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2015

228 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 25, 2023 10:55 PM

» For anyone who want to know why shiki escaped the island and her story in light novel

Baoyeuconpo9999 - Mar 10, 2023

3 by Thewatcher_22 »»
Mar 11, 2023 8:59 AM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2015

172 by Floral_soap »»
Jan 14, 2023 11:06 PM

Poll: » Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2015

184 by Floral_soap »»
Jan 14, 2023 9:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.