Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 5, 11:44 PM

Nov 2019
As per title, if an anime you watch has a very peculiar frame/scene do you screenshot?
If you do, are you a collector of these screenshots? What use do you have for them?
Do you use them in thread discussions?

Me personally, I do tend to screenshot some funny/weird anime scenes when the need arises.
I also enjoy hidden references to other anime/manga so I take screenshots of those also.
As for what I use them for, I keep them as a trophy in my MAL profile.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 5, 11:46 PM

Apr 2024
I do take screenshots of manga panels
May 5, 11:46 PM

Jan 2009
yes i do take some screenshots but not often i have 200 screenshots so far
May 5, 11:48 PM

Aug 2018
Sometimes.

Most of my anime screenshots are just for timestamps.
May 2021
Yes I do. Be it anime scenes or manga panels.
ASOIAF is the best piece of fiction

Dec 2021
Plenty. It's just nice to have random things to have as reaction images, even if they'll probably never see the light of day.

Though I usually go a step further and make random anime clips into gifs as I'm watching a series, because one day I'll find a thread where one of them is relevant.

Since I don't know when/if I'll use it, here's a City Hunter one.

Daviljoe193May 5, 11:58 PM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

Oct 2010
I take some SS after the episode ends, mostly with ecchi shots or some stuff I find cool. I keep them on the internet, too big a collection to fill up my HDD
May 5, 11:52 PM
Dec 2021
I dont. If i want a cool screenshot from an anime i like i just go on pinterest.

May 5, 11:56 PM

Sep 2016
Rarely, but I have done it few times, for example the screenshot in this topic:

This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 5, 11:59 PM

Feb 2020
"Do you take screenshots of Anime"

I guess I have to say yes. Lol.

SerafosMay 8, 12:34 AM
May 6, 12:12 AM

Oct 2021
I do, either if it's a nice shot or a scene with meme potential.
May 6, 12:20 AM

Jul 2012
Yup, I sometimes take some to post in the "Screenshot with no context" thread in the Forum Games area.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.

May 6, 12:46 AM

Nov 2023
Yes, all the time, I like the pretty backgrounds
May 6, 12:48 AM

Jan 2023
I do not, but I sometimes wish I did when I struggle to find good wallpapers of my favorite series for my computer.

@Serafos
Wow, even considering the large number of series you've seen, I must say that is pretty impressive haha :)
May 6, 3:54 AM

May 2018
Of course, here one example:

Oh wait! This is donghua.
May 6, 4:50 AM

Dec 2015
From time to time whenever I feel the scene is quite funny or subs just to share with my online buddy and my irl buddy. I remember taking a screen of Frieren when Fern was telling "Alcohol is medicine" to send it to my best friend who's not anime fan, just to tell him that it is time to hit the bars.
May 6, 5:11 AM

Dec 2018
i screen record too, especially when it's a funny scene. but yeah usually for funny and cute/romantic scenes

i do the same with manga panels
*burps*  [font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
May 6, 5:13 AM

Apr 2018
Yes, all the time. I see it as a way of self-documenting my experience with an anime. I collect funny, interesting, beautiful moments, or a potential reaction images. I also add the timestamp and episode number to the file name.

May 6, 5:20 AM

Jul 2023
Yeah I usually take some and spam them to my friend on discord
May 6, 5:27 AM

Apr 2024
Yes, I got Gigabytes worth of screenshots, actually.

Here's an example:

Sources:

Seitokai no Ichizon Lv2 (Ep 7)
Genshiken (Ep 1)
Grisaia no Kajitsu (Ep 10)
May 6, 5:36 AM

Aug 2013
Nah I'm to lazy. I need to get up and do some clicks. I rather press play for the next episode.

I did take SS and edited them of some manhwa I red. so I could post them in the comments at appropiate chapters of other manhwa. Eventually I grew tired of that aswell, the endless sauce requests became tedious. Archiving all these SS became tiresome aswell.
When will Black Clover release new anime?! It has been 3 years already since March 2021...

I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

THE HYPE IS REAL!! It's time!! 2 Become a legend, the Ghost of Tsushima
May 6, 5:40 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to alshu
Of course, here one example:

Oh wait! This is donghua.

@alshu That looks like yuri bait, or do they really get "it" on? https://myanimelist.net/anime/58487/Xuwu_Bianjing
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 6, 5:43 AM

Feb 2021
I do. Sometimes I use the screenshots I take as a wallpaper.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

May 6, 5:56 AM

Feb 2018

Do you take screenshots of Anime

Here and There. a couple of examples;

- Comic Party Revolution (2005) -

- Hanaukyo Maid Team La Verite (2004) -

MasterTasukeMay 6, 6:03 AM
May 6, 6:01 AM

Mar 2018
Yes, definitely.

If I see a sexy scene of any Anime boy I Will take it

Love to see shotas, teens, adults and daddies manservice
May 6, 6:16 AM

Mar 2019
I take screenshots for personal use, just to look at them. Sometimes I just can't stop looking at certain frames. Otherwise I also take them to use as drawing references or edit them for fun.
May 6, 6:21 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014

Just something I feel like to do with no apparent reason :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 6, 6:43 AM

Jul 2013
Yes I do take screenshots of anime. And upload them onto Deviant Art...
May 6, 6:56 AM

Oct 2019
I redid the entire imdb page of mars red and akudama drive, so i took a lot of screen shots for those.

but otherwise no.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
May 6, 7:01 AM

Jan 2021
I never screenshot anime, but I understand people that do
May 6, 7:09 AM

May 2019
Yes i have plenty of screenshots from queen's blade and other ecchi anime.

May 6, 7:21 AM

May 2018
Zarutaku said:
That looks like yuri bait

More like Getting Crap Past the Radar (which happens a lot in donghua) - https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GettingCrapPastTheRadar since yuri isn't suppose to be a thing in chinese media and in-universe the white hair chick hates the green hair chick...I guess they are getting best friends further in the story.

But my point was that from my POV visually more interesting stuff is happening in donghua than in anime.
alshuMay 6, 8:39 AM
May 6, 7:23 AM

May 2022
Yeah, If I see a character say something absolutely ridiculous or stupid, I'll take a screenshot.
May 6, 7:36 AM

Sep 2023
Sometimes if the frame is funny. I then post them on my friends profile

Be safe and well travels,
Chris
May 6, 7:51 AM

Jun 2019
Good question for a thread OP. I have taken screenshots of shows, but only for the purpose of creating a pfp, and if the shots look amazing, like the Cat's Eye in between break still frames, hence my current pfp of Rui from Cat's Eye enjoying a drink of wine in her dressing gown. Cat's Eye had a different set of still frames for every episode and they all looked amazing, like still life hand drawn pictures. Simoun had some decent still frames.

Also I checked your collection OP and don't think I come across anyone else that has seen Spirit Blade Mountain, Oubu was a brilliant milf type. I've been wanting to catch up on S2 but read some of the reviews saying it isn't very good, what did you think?
May 6, 8:20 AM

May 2018
Sometimes, I take screenshots either of memorable scenes, my favorite characters, or just random scene that caught my eyes.
Nanami Hiromachi  Anna Mochizuki 
May 6, 8:27 AM

Feb 2019
I mean to but I always forget that I can
No watch list sig cuz "You watch anime in 3 days or 3 months! Such is the proper way!"
May 6, 8:58 AM

Sep 2008
Yes, sometimes... mosly I save my favorite moments as gifs, got lot of them on my tumblr blog 😆
LittleStarMay 6, 9:09 AM
May 6, 8:58 AM

Feb 2024
Never. I watch it on TV - it can probably take screenshots but I'm too lazy to learn that magic for such a little reason.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
May 6, 9:25 AM

Oct 2017
I do, but mostly to get weird out of context clips to troll people with as you can find some weird ass quotes sometimes that just catch people off guard in the funniest ways possible
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
May 6, 9:40 AM

Aug 2010
Not really, and on the rare case that I do it's just to show friends some funny scenes or interesting quotes, but I'll delete it right away after I send/post it.
May 6, 9:47 AM

Oct 2012
No, pretty much never. Unless I can make a meme out of it or something.
May 6, 10:34 AM

Jul 2016
Yes. I tend to take screenshots of moments/scenes that I find either cute, memorable, mesmerizing or simply meme-able.
May 6, 5:08 PM

Aug 2017
Of course I do. I need MATERIAL if i see any hot guy.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 6, 6:16 PM

Mar 2021
Damn, I do this all the time. I have so many of them in my camera roll. Certain shots are so beautiful or memorable that I just have to take screenshots them
May 6, 8:19 PM

Aug 2010
I admire people who do when they live-tweet an anime, but I'm too lazy.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

May 7, 3:54 PM

Nov 2019
Do you take screenshots of Anime

In my mind. Like wtf how mfs screenshotting shit, like hold on let me just PRINT SCREEN THIS FUCKING SCENE AND SEND IT TO MY E GIRL LOL.
I am a COMPLETIONIST. Aiming to finish AS MANY ANIME as possible before DEATH, Despite them being SATISFACTORY or if they are BORING.

I WATCH THE LOWEST SCORED/RATED/RANKED ANIMES ON MAL (OR you can CALL THEM The WORST animes in the WORLD - No Joke Like Seriously)

No anime has actually satisfied my anime taste, That I can call a MasterPiece (10/10), still searching... hopefully one day I will find that show and obsess over it till I die.
RULE NO.4 I MUST WATCH ALL CONTENT FOR THE SERIES I HAVE FINISHED, NOW THIS ONE IS QUITE EXHILARATING.
May 7, 4:07 PM

Oct 2013
Only if a scene or the out of context subtitles are hilarious.
May 8, 12:27 AM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
I've taken some, but not many. Most of the screenshots I've taken were for database-related work.
May 10, 4:58 PM

Jul 2016
If there's like a funny line I take screenshots to remember the lines. Most of my screenshots are for manga panels though.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Hardest Working AnimeCharacters In The History Of Manga .... BUT .....

Searching4Pawgs - 15 minutes ago

0 by Searching4Pawgs »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you marry your favorite character if your government allowed this?

Shizuna - 1 hour ago

6 by Jonas-K »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you read light novels?

EverRealm - 1 hour ago

9 by Rhae »»
25 minutes ago

» What's the Most Cringeworthy Anime Dub You've Ever watched?

Gashadokur0 - 10 hours ago

14 by WaffleMaster89 »»
27 minutes ago

» Do your irl friends watch anime?

coolyfruity - Yesterday

48 by WaffleMaster89 »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.