Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 17, 2023 8:32 AM

Nov 2011
Oh Dorthoy...she just seems like the last character on the planet to trust. But then again, Yayoi has her instincts on who to trust. I do think she and Dorthoy has one of the more unique relationship in the show though.

For a penultimate episode, this wasn't as thrilling or eerie as some of the others. It did its job with character personalities though.
Dec 17, 2023 8:33 AM

Dec 2021
I'm really into the teacher ghost's design; it looks cool. It's just a bummer that he won't be joining Yayoi.

While exploring the seven enigmatic occurrences at the school proposed by Dorothy, all individuals abruptly lapsed into a state of unconsciousness upon entering the sealed chamber. In their reverie, they found themselves pursued in a game of tag by the apparition of a teacher who, driven to suicide due to relentless bullying by students, now haunted their dreams.

I feel like that ghost is on a graduate level, maybe somewhere in the low S tier, like the old S tunnel. It's kind of funny how Yayoi's stalking keeps popping up in the plot. The whole thing with the doll is pretty messed up, but at least Yayoi knows where the soul is, and hopefully, it can be fixed, you know? But now she's got an excuse to install cameras in his room, and she's definitely going to do it, for sure.

A full-blown war going on in Kyoto, and Yayoi is smack dab in the middle of it. Honestly, I'm not ready for the finale next week.

Dec 17, 2023 9:39 AM

Feb 2021
17:03 She actually said "I forgot to ask her about the body" and not "the arm". In all other cases it was still close enough to the original meaning, but here I think the translation is straight up wrong.

So the teacher's spirit was the result of interference from the replacing spirits, just like with the river spirit. And Yayoi searching for info while pretending to be a spirit sounds really cool and interesting.
Oh god Eiko got an ally.
The ending is hype!
The next episode is the last one but there are no signs of things slowing down, the opposite actually. Hoping for a season 2 announcement 🙏
Dec 17, 2023 9:43 AM
Jul 2023
The best evolution system.

Eiko gained an apprentice, the Sisterhood of Supernatural Yandere is shaping up.
Dec 17, 2023 10:06 AM

Jul 2011
What? Poke- Spirit is evolving!

Dorothy is a bad person, but made the school temporary close. So that's nice.

OG Dorothy soul is still alive inside that doll, I hope that means she can be saved.

Eiko's "stranger danger" vibes.

Put out there that now things will get ugly. Good communication is key.
Dec 17, 2023 10:07 AM

Jul 2017
Yayoi saving the class rep in time, and Dorothy's game is indeed beatable, though they need to figure out how so. Though the ghost haunts them at every corner, Yayoi has her Graduate ready to combat any ghosts, and capturing their picture in the dream world signals their return to real life, though this is not the end of their troubles. At the same room in real life, Yayoi spared the innocent teacher who was accused, then with her Graduate restored from their energy, this is a Soul in Transition, to which it wants more battles for a full restoration. Dorothy's game became a mass media sensation with those affected being traumatized badly that her school was closed temporarily. But the revelation that the Spectre of Death is being worked on, it's not a one-man show, but of a group of people who wanted to rewrite history.

Yayoi suspecting that the original Dorothy is being replaced by the ghost parading as her, she needs to devise a plan to lower her guard and allow the ghost to reveal more of the plans, to which she can destroy the group from within as revenge for the teacher and the students. Eiko finding Yayoi, but the class rep found her instead which shared the trauma to her, benigning that she is like her, but the truth that she literally hid it like a devil. The call to the exorcist Granny Shami to report about a replaced person, Yayoi included herself into the body-snatching group to get intel, which other than the dangerous proposition, she is well planned while on her way to Kyoto.

It's an all-out war with the spiritualists, as Keitaro prepares to see Ai.

Honestly, I'm not ready to see this anime end next week, there's still more left to go...
Dec 17, 2023 10:11 AM
Mar 2022
Damn great episode!
But I cant believe next week going to be the final episode ;(
Dec 17, 2023 10:17 AM
Dec 2013
IT'S CONTAGIOUS, RUN!! RUN AWAY FROM EIKO
Dec 17, 2023 10:38 AM
Nov 2015
Her Pokemon evolved!
Dec 17, 2023 11:28 AM

Feb 2019
Quite a few Kyoto arcs coming up between this and rurouni Kenshin lol.

Good thing the teacher was finally able to rest in peace. Such a fucked up backstory with him being betrayed by his own student like that. And for nothing but laughs on her part. It’s rare that Yayoi takes pity on evil spirits but she couldn’t even fault him on that one.

Glad they addressed Dorothy’s brain limiting the intelligence with which the ghost possessing her can act. She was talking about her plan a little too much and too gullible to believe Yayoi was replaced herself. Seemed pretty stupid ngl lmao. But if she’s only a cog in the machine, who’s the one really calling the shots 🤔 next episode PV looks like Dorothy and her allies will have a strategy meeting so hopefully we will find out there.

Nooo, run away, Youko, don’t let Eiko influence you like that 😭 she should not be allowed anywhere near a school. The ghost obsessed yandere club just got another member. Very creepy bonding scene between the those two

Finally next week we’ll get an update on Ai, they showed her in the wreckage of the train crash like a month ago and we’ve heard nothing about her since. Shaping up to be an exciting finale next week. Can’t believe 24 weeks have gone by!
Marinate1016Dec 17, 2023 11:42 AM
Dec 17, 2023 11:31 AM

Jun 2017
Eiko shouldn't be near children. lmao
Dec 17, 2023 12:04 PM
Apr 2022
This episode was dark.
Now, Yayoi-chan has a direct connection with the people who have a hand in the disappearance of Yayoi-chan's Mom's soul/ghost.
I am sad that this is ending next week.
Can't wait to see more gathering of darkness and await for the next chapter.
Dec 17, 2023 12:43 PM
Aug 2022
Idk if this is a plot hole or maybe I’m not understanding something right but shouldn’t Dorothy immediately know Yayoi is lying about being someone who’s been swapped.

Because shouldn’t Dorothy be able to see that Yayoi don’t have a dark aura around here and that it’s a clear aura?? Unless Dorothy needs some kind of special sight to see aura’s.

Idk maybe I’m understanding that wrong but Dorothy should immediately be able to tell that Yayoi is lying.

Eiko should definitely not be influencing children like that 😂😂😂
Dec 17, 2023 1:09 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The ordeal with the ghost of the teacher got resolved a bit faster than I thought, I was thinking Yayoi would have to go save each student individually but destroying the spirit at its core was a much faster way of doing that, and in the process Yayoi evolved one of her spirits into a stronger version, as if there needed to be more reasons to compare this to Pokémon lol. And thankfully all the kids and teachers are safe, although they all gained a fear of crows for some reason, rip to any of those kids or teachers that may have been a “The Black Crowes” fan lol.

And another good thing to happen from this incident was Yayoi getting in with the replaced people by claiming she’s also a replaced person, at first I thought they dropped a huge plot twist but no she was actually lying lol, good thing this ghost that possessed Dorothy is a bit of a dumbass, I really hope there’s a way to save the actual Dorothy too who’s trapped in the doll, it’s pretty fucked up what the ghost is doing to her. And dammit Eiko, you went and corrupted that cute and innocent class rep lol, I guess there are worse things to be into tho, and I guess it’s good she found someone to confide in, so perhaps this isn’t the last we see of the class of rep.

And ending on Shami’s declaration of war against the replaced was a good stopping point right before the final episode, it feels like the story is really just getting started but here we are at the end lol, I really hope this gets another season, I’ve truly loved it.
Dec 17, 2023 1:12 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to Phantom_373
Idk if this is a plot hole or maybe I’m not understanding something right but shouldn’t Dorothy immediately know Yayoi is lying about being someone who’s been swapped.

Because shouldn’t Dorothy be able to see that Yayoi don’t have a dark aura around here and that it’s a clear aura?? Unless Dorothy needs some kind of special sight to see aura’s.

Idk maybe I’m understanding that wrong but Dorothy should immediately be able to tell that Yayoi is lying.

Phantom_373 said:
This was explained in episode 22 :D. Yayoi got confused just like you and assumed granny wasn't replaced due to her aura being bright. Granny replies with "that doesn't mean much" and says smart spirits replace people with their same color, meaning someone may have bright aura but still be one of the replaced.

Yayoi realized Dorothy got replaced due to aura change, which is a dead giveaway (and also means the spirit isn't smart enough, lol). When it comes to Yayoi though, even if Dorothy saw old photos of Yayoi (before Yayoi got swapped as she claims) there's still no telling if she's lying or telling the truth, since, as was explained before, Yayoi may still be possessed by the spirit who had similar colored aura. That's exactly why Dorothy suspects that Yayoi may be lying, instead of being certain in that.
Dec 17, 2023 1:14 PM
Aug 2022
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Phantom_373 said:
This was explained in episode 22 :D. Yayoi got confused just like you and assumed granny wasn't replaced due to her aura being bright. Granny replies with "that doesn't mean much" and says smart spirits replace people with their same color, meaning someone may have bright aura but still be one of the replaced.

Yayoi realized Dorothy got replaced due to aura change, which is a dead giveaway (and also means the spirit isn't smart enough, lol). When it comes to Yayoi though, even if Dorothy saw old photos of Yayoi (before Yayoi got swapped as she claims) there's still no telling if she's lying or telling the truth, since, as was explained before, Yayoi may still be possessed by the spirit who had similar colored aura. That's exactly why Dorothy suspects that Yayoi may be lying, instead of being certain in that.

Ohh I see now. Thanks for clarifying that for me.
Dec 17, 2023 1:37 PM

Jun 2016
It’s a pity, of course, that adaptation didn’t include a bonus page; in any case, the series is excellent and Eiko-chan has found another adrenaline fan who knows how to make faces in photos.
ShiroAlexDec 18, 2023 11:50 AM
Dec 17, 2023 2:46 PM

Apr 2023
Story wise, I think this has to be the best episode so far. Yayoi got me with that lie, I genuinely went "no fking waaaay" lmao.
I love Yayoi's VC, she does a fantastic job portraying her. The phone call at the end was the perfect way to end this episode. Just one more episode left, let's ghost!

Pd. I just noticed Keitaro and Mahito share the same VC.
Dec 17, 2023 6:04 PM

Mar 2015
Goood, I'm already crying for season 2. I can't believe there's one episode left and they're just opening a new arc... I really hope that means season 2 is confirmed and they aren't going for bad cliffhanger.

Love this anime.
Dec 17, 2023 8:27 PM

Oct 2017
That ended faster and easier than I expected but good for them. Yayoi's ghost got powerful too so that's even better. Eiko found someone like her. Hoping to see her again soon. Smart move from Yayoi, she got info on the replaced. Looks like it's gonna be allout war.
Dec 17, 2023 8:53 PM
Oct 2018
I'm sad that they didn't include the bonus page a little, but tldr; everyone who wronged the teacher got what's coming to them and the daughter is working hard to be a lawyer so she can represent people whose lives were wrongly fucked up like her dad.

I don't think there is enough chapters to do a second season (we're at 55~58 rn and anime's stopping point is 33/34) so I'm looking forward to how they'll end it since I did see a scene that seemed to be part of a much later chapter
Dec 17, 2023 9:19 PM

Oct 2022
Not going to lie, as soon as I saw that scene with Eiko and her eyes going dark I had that same absolute smile on my face as well. Eiko may not be a mother (yet) but she's going to raise that girl as if she's a mini Eiko.

Dec 17, 2023 9:28 PM

Nov 2022
The build up and next episode preview has me hype for what's coming! And little did they know they done mess with the wrong loli because Yayoi is our Doom Slayer of ghost.
Dec 17, 2023 9:47 PM
Mar 2015
Yayoi was able to make the teacher pass on but she meets one of the replacements Next we will see if Ai can be freed from her god and whether the exorcists can free the dispossessed
Dec 17, 2023 10:11 PM

Oct 2022
I've been waiting for more context on the blue spirit. Hes been eating so much so I know he was gonna be OP but now he seems like hes gonna be the strongest
Dec 17, 2023 10:15 PM

Dec 2022
I'm glad that teacher spirit was put to rest. He was truly a tragic case.

I guess that Soul In Transition spirit is going to be graduate level once it gets a few more kills. That thing is legit a pokemon, lol.
Dec 17, 2023 10:45 PM

Mar 2019
Yayoi and his triumphal entries.

Dec 17, 2023 11:40 PM

Oct 2022
Eiko still is creepy as fck, but I don't hate her.

Dec 17, 2023 11:48 PM

Dec 2022
Never have I ever seen in an anime 2 kids are having serious stand-offs in the main plot, let alone they'd go to war

The Gothic Lolita vs. The Spiritual Warlord Yayoi.
Dec 18, 2023 1:11 AM

Sep 2021
Yayoi is just the coolest protagonist ever! But "Dorothy" is probably no pushover either - hopefully Yayoi doesn't miscalculate here...

Also, was Rin messed up from the start or did Eiko mess her up? Eiko is as hard to read as ever - I'm still not sure if I know everything about her, let alone trust her!

I don't really see a good way to end it in one episode btw. Perhaps there will be a cliffhanger an announcement for Season 2 right after next episode? Would be very unusual for a 2-cour show that isn't super famous though. But I defenetly want to see the story continue! Preferably animated!
Dec 18, 2023 1:30 AM

Oct 2022
I thought class rep would turn out to have developed a crush on Yayoi but it was something even more awesome, she's found a person to satisfy her obession of fear like Keitaro does for Eiko!
UndefeatedBahamut
Dec 18, 2023 1:39 AM

Dec 2022
They have no reason to make Eiko so creepy when she is legit just being honest and understanding... Unless... Is this some kind of virus? xD

Also, what kind of three way war is going on here? the Spectre and it's creators vs. The squad and spirituals vs. Ai's God

Dec 18, 2023 4:05 AM
Apr 2021
NOOOO GET AWAY FROM EIKO, like Eiko is fucking unhinged asf molding a literal child to become just like her😭💀💀😭

And Dorothy seems pretty dumb for saying her plan out like that but it was noted that her childlike brain is limiting the ghosts brain function

Cant wait to see the final episode I really thought this show would have them defeat the womb very easily but nah this shit looks like it’s gonna take like another 50 episodes or something with the way everything is pacing out, now these 3 gotta defeat a crew of possessed characters😭
Dec 18, 2023 5:15 AM

Oct 2022
One hell of a plot thickening episode. It brought so much stuff together in one episode and didnt make it feel rushed. Outstanding work.
Dec 18, 2023 5:18 AM
Sep 2021
Ok, things are getting interesting, how will yayoi will succeed in her plans.
Dec 18, 2023 5:47 AM

Dec 2022
You can tell these ghosts really have a screw loose when they have a dispassionate Yayoi looking at them with murderous fire in their eyes. I'd be slowly backing up in fear at the skull bone pupil girl staring death at me.
Dec 18, 2023 5:49 AM

Mar 2008
Apparently the "game" the teacher was doing is not exact same as what the subs localize it to with one i watched saying "hide and seek" it is called "oni gokko". I see some contradicting info in English sites but from what i can make out in it a person who is it is the oni (usually translated as demon or troll) and they have to chase after (like in tag) and find (like hide and seek) other players and catch them (by tagging their body or some object they carry) and a few other possible variations. That seems like an fun game ....just not with a dangerous ghost lol

Glad the teacher passed on nicely and looks like things turned out relatively well except all the kids having a phobia now.

Yayoi took such a risky move on the spot with Dorothy

Damnnnn, Eiko was actually the creepiest thing this episode. Im not sure if she was corrupting that girl or just being a good mentor.

This better get another season no way is it going to have a neatly wrapped up story in one more ep only.
traedDec 18, 2023 6:23 AM
Dec 18, 2023 6:06 AM

Oct 2022
Oh Eiko, corrupting the children xD I'm glad original Dorothy is still alive, in a way. There's a chance! It'd be kind of sad if she was just dead dead and replaced.

But exciting! Yayoi is so instantly prepared for war and I like the evolving Graduate. I hope there's another season eventually.
Dec 18, 2023 6:25 AM

Dec 2022
YOOOO what was that scene with Eiko gaslighting the poor little girl? Lol hopefully she doesn't turn into a 2nd Eiko fr.

And RIP Sensei. Such cruel life he had, and even in death he still has to suffer.
Dec 18, 2023 6:51 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I like how Yayoi saving all those kids. Now the alien graduate has a name and ready to kick some more spirits as how he's reaching the completion.

Unbelievable to see Dorothy just spit out all the information and even decided to recruit Yayoi lmao. Replacing kid is not a good idea. But imagine if Yayoi getting replaced, she truly taking a big risk there damn...

I don't understand with Eiko and rep kid scene. Is this gonna be a double recruitment in one episode or its just my mind tripping? And then suddenly they just announce a war to coming nearby taking a place in Kyoto. Holy shit, if there's no second season announcement, i riot.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 18, 2023 8:26 AM

Nov 2022
Poor Dorothy. Being trapped in that doll while her body is being used by another spirit. Can't wait for Yayoi to free her.
Dec 18, 2023 9:50 AM
Nov 2022
God, I love this anime.

What I don't understand is why they put so much lore in when there's only one episode left? :((((
It's not that I don't like reading, but anime has a very different essence from manga.

I hope they confirm a second season or something like that.
Dec 18, 2023 1:54 PM
Feb 2022
When Eiko was talking to the kid, I thought they were going to suggest Eiko was one of his students. That is good. Although, it’s gonna feel awkward when Yayoi returns to school and sees the class president having a similar personality to Eiko.
Dec 18, 2023 3:18 PM
Aug 2020
another great episode

it's getting serious now,she has to team up

we will have a Season 2 for sure...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 18, 2023 9:13 PM

May 2019
Ngl when Yayoi said she was also possessed to Dorothy I immediately thought that that would explain why Yayoi has lots of knowledge and is mature beyond her years... but she was lying. Oh and Eiko being a bad influence to that school girl lol imagine Yayoi catching them chatting on the phone over the thrill of being scared by ghosts...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the finale but I don't expect all the loose ends to be tied up so hoping for a 2nd season announcement. 🤞
Dec 18, 2023 9:42 PM
Feb 2022
Reply to Phantom_373

@Phantom_373 Some people just have naturally dark auras. It's even directly stated that the smart ghosts replace the people with base aura colour similar to themselves.
Dec 18, 2023 9:43 PM
Feb 2022
Reply to ShiroAlex
It’s a pity, of course, that adaptation didn’t include a bonus page; in any case, the series is excellent and Eiko-chan has found another adrenaline fan who knows how to make faces in photos.
@ShiroAlex Yeah, the bonus page really gives this arc some closure!
Dec 18, 2023 9:46 PM
Feb 2022
Reply to Treyv0n
NOOOO GET AWAY FROM EIKO, like Eiko is fucking unhinged asf molding a literal child to become just like her😭💀💀😭

And Dorothy seems pretty dumb for saying her plan out like that but it was noted that her childlike brain is limiting the ghosts brain function

Cant wait to see the final episode I really thought this show would have them defeat the womb very easily but nah this shit looks like it’s gonna take like another 50 episodes or something with the way everything is pacing out, now these 3 gotta defeat a crew of possessed characters😭
@Treyv0n I mean, I've read the manga and it's still ongoing. Plus, at the pace we are going, we couldn't have even started the Kyoto arc let alone take down Kuubo XD
Dec 18, 2023 11:08 PM

Aug 2013
Will they remain traumatized? Rather dark, but a lot better result than 'where is my head'.

Does Yayoi have a method to deal with switchers? Seems like the original is getting tortured, which might be more than just mental. Guess we're about to see a dark gathering soon (or next season, if that ever comes).
Dec 19, 2023 7:07 AM
Apr 2021
Caller_of_Void said:
@Treyv0n I mean, I've read the manga and it's still ongoing. Plus, at the pace we are going, we couldn't have even started the Kyoto arc let alone take down Kuubo XD

I’ve seen that the manga still ongoing after I made my comment I’m so hyped that it’s still going this shit is TOO good, and there’s so much more story left that even I know as anime only that we’re in for a long ride🤩
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2023

94 by Magicmist »»
May 12, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2023

63 by Magicmist »»
May 5, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2023

107 by red1130 »»
May 2, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2023

76 by Magicmist »»
Apr 28, 5:50 PM

» It's Like junji ito scary

Kreshre - Apr 5

6 by Lufyy_234 »»
Apr 27, 12:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.