Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 5, 2023 8:33 AM

Nov 2011
Ai somehow always gets caught into complex conflicts, even if she's not directly involved. Well, this time it appears the evil entity had interest in Yayoi's mother.

Among all the psychological drama, there was no mercy shown and this was another episode of mindfuckery. Executed pretty well though.
Nov 5, 2023 8:33 AM

Dec 2021
The final call before they go for the ghost abortion hit them with a heavy impact.

While inspecting the property involved in the accident, Yayoi and Eiko, feeling a sense of danger, stepped outside for a moment. However, what they heard coming from Yuko's stomach was the cry of the malevolent spirit known as the "Angel." Determined to vanquish the source of the curse, Yayoi once again set foot inside the vacant house.

I'm relieved that the baby ghosts and the daughter's spirit have finally been eliminated. Usually, I find overly capable child characters a bit hard to believe, but Yayoi doesn't bother me. Oh... a mighty god met their end due to a vulnerability. I imagine if not for that, she, or Hariti, could have taken down Kubo. Damn, Kubo is really showing off. Now Yayoi shares the same eye as Kubo after it consumed Hariti. I'm still holding out hope that Keitaro gains some kind of strength in the upcoming episode. There's a lot of information to digest.

All I can say for certain is that they'll need more skilled individuals to stand a chance against that entity.

Nov 5, 2023 9:46 AM

Feb 2021
Thank god Hidive anime aren't affected by daylight saving time. If they were I'd have to watch this in the morning which would destroy the atmosphere.

Oh no it starts with the OP. It's gonna get intense.
6:22 She said 砧骨 (chinkotsu) - incus or anvil (a bone in the middle ear). Bad subs. I guess this means the other one was broken when the mother hit the table.
I feel bad for the father. But he did do some horrible things...
10:45 Da Liu Ren is a form of Chinese calendrical astrology dating from the later Warring States period.
13:17 By the way "bui" is the Japanese pronunciation of V which stands for Victory. A cool Japanese gesture.
I feel bad for Kishimojin here too. She's a goddess that protects children and all those spirits were unborn children from miscarriage, stillbirth, or abortion (according to Mizuko kuyō)
The ending was one of the best moments in this series so far. Can't wait to see Yayoi and the gang confront The Spectre.

EDIT: 6:22 It's 人骨 (jinkotsu) - "human bone", not 砧骨 (chinkotsu). I feel so stupid.
EmbientNov 6, 2023 10:37 PM
Nov 5, 2023 10:19 AM
Nov 2015

It seems "God" is insanely powerful.
Nov 5, 2023 10:45 AM

Sep 2013
I wonder if the curse in the womb of Yayoi's mother will look like Yayoi when born, that would explain why there's two Yayoi in the opening,its rapidly increasing in strength too, i'd guess even if she used all the graduates we already saw at the same time it wouldn't be enough to put it down, gonna need more firepower
Deep dark fantasies
Nov 5, 2023 1:41 PM

Jun 2017
God boi really fucking with us, just making the death spectre stronger.
Nov 5, 2023 2:28 PM
Jul 2016
The narrator describes the horrifying acts of these ghosts and spirits like a goddamn nature documentary lmao.
Nov 5, 2023 2:49 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Nice to see Eiko and Yayoi successfully rid the house of those angels, and I had a feeling they’d end up betraying the ghost girl and her dad, and despite the fact they’re murders I did kinda feel bad for them with their backstory and all, the dad is the head of house of graduates now tho so maybe he’ll have some company that’s not his crazy ghost kid and her angels lol. And I was wondering what shape Eiko would be in after this arc ended because I was feeling bad for her, well now I know it’s just making her hornier so I guess I don’t feel as bad now lol.

I also liked the direct reference to Pretty Cure with Keitaro’s sisters, that’s a series I’ve contemplated getting into but I’m not sure if it’s too kiddy or not lol, but this led to some very interesting stuff with the specter of death and the god the gang is currently at war with. I’m kinda surprised the god is trying to help the specter get stronger, I have a feeling it might regret this later because we already saw it become even more powerful by eating the Kishimojin and all her babies, and there was also the reveal the specter is within what I believe is the ghost of Yayoi’s mom, and if so holy shit that’s rough lol, I think I already had an idea of this because of the OP visuals but still very sad to see, I definitely want to see Yayoi defeat this behemoth of a ghost now. And looks like the next graduate is in an abandoned love hotel, I'm not ready for the ghosts this place might harbor lol.
Nov 5, 2023 6:18 PM

Oct 2022
Taking down a goddess like that was really creative of the Spectre of Death; also, could the history of the family on that house turn out to be even sadder and more disturbing?
Nov 5, 2023 7:05 PM

Dec 2022
I knew that big ass blue curse looked way too cold to be a random side character. Yayoi probabaly feeding it to make it a graduate as well. I have a feeling its the samurai from the grave Eiko visited.

Also dont tell me that giant pregnant spirit is Yayoi's mother. That'd be messed up.
Nov 5, 2023 7:23 PM
Jan 2017
I have really enjoyed the story so far. It gave me a rather "spooky", Halloween feeling.
For some reason though, the episodes 17 & 18 have started to seriously get under my skin. Perhaps it's the concept of motherhood being corrupted by evil.
Nov 5, 2023 7:43 PM

Oct 2022
So this basically confirms that, at least for now, the Spectre of Death is the one we have to capture to defeat god and not the other way around, tho things might change when it finally borns, it might get stronger than god so we’d need to capture it to then defeat god. Things look a bit hopeless right now, how are they supposed to defeat those things even with graduates? Idk.

Nov 5, 2023 8:19 PM

Nov 2022
I despise this white god with everything I got.. That's cruel.. the poor mother..
Nov 5, 2023 9:43 PM
Mar 2015
Our group secured a house for graduates by turning the father into a gatekeeper The god may have bit off more than it can chew in the fetus
Nov 5, 2023 10:22 PM

Oct 2022
That's one sick demonic child or entity posing as a child, why shock the hell out of Yayoi's mum brain, Yayoi needs to be faster before that entity drops from the womb.

Nov 5, 2023 10:45 PM

Dec 2022
Great, I'm even more confused now lol
We already got incest pregnancy episode and now we getting a love hotel episode, there's gonna be even more gross stuff isn't it?
Nov 6, 2023 1:09 AM

Oct 2017
They got the house for graduates. Great that nothing happened to Eiko and she's fine. The curse on her belly is gone too. I wanted Eiko and Yayoi interactions with Keitarou's sisters but well guess that'll have to wait. The fetus thing is using Yayoi's mom as it's vessel? They need to save her fast and let her rest in peace. Also it has the same mark as Yayoi chan.
Nov 6, 2023 1:49 AM
Sep 2021
Nice conclusion of the ghost in the house arc, and it's time to meet another graduate and head for another srank.
Nov 6, 2023 2:59 AM

Oct 2022
That last bit of stuff was a bit confusing but intriguing and interesting. So Yayoi getting a step ghost sibling? What is the origins of her mom? The mom’s past has something to do with this. And the Kishimojin was a god right? Got offed so easily, how can the Spectre be defeated now. 7 more episodes.
UndefeatedBahamut
Nov 6, 2023 3:25 AM

Dec 2022
Jeez Yayoi let the father pass on in peace. He's lost everything. I understand he's still culpable for all those murders, but isn't the purpose of being reborn to find a better way to live?
Nov 6, 2023 3:39 AM

Mar 2008
I still feel sorry for ghost dad. He said he killed seventeen people but he included his wife which was an accident and may have been counting people his daughter killed. They both didnt do good but they were in a very vulnerable state.

I assume God was wanting the spectre of death to be stronger so he can consume it himself. Basically wanting it to be ripened.

I figured Yayoi's ability to see ghosts was related to the encounter in the past but now I think of it more it must be she is possessed by this spectre of death like Ai is possessed by God. In this case instead of as a wife but as a sibling. Though raises question of why does it need her mother, something must be special about her family like Ai has.

Technically Kishimojin isnt entirely gone because Yayoi has her bunrei still if I understood how that works correctly.

Mr_Fudgee said:
Jeez Yayoi let the father pass on in peace. He's lost everything. I understand he's still culpable for all those murders, but isn't the purpose of being reborn to find a better way to live?

Yeah that was kinda cold. He wasnt acting out of malice so he isnt an irredeemably bad spirit. Though im still kinda unclear what they thought the ritual was going to do, bring the mother back to life?
traedNov 6, 2023 3:45 AM
Nov 6, 2023 3:56 AM
Aug 2020
another great episode

darkness
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Nov 6, 2023 4:29 AM

Apr 2023
Another crazy episode. Future is not looking bright for our ghost hunting team. Over the last few episodes, I've become a fan of Yayoi, she's willing to do almost everything to fulfill her revenge against that spirit...

In another note, I just want to point out that the official anime website released some phone wallpapers, in case u guys may be interested

https://darkgathering.jp/special/wallpaper/
Nov 6, 2023 4:51 AM

Feb 2021
Did they just mutated and become much more stronger than before? Hmm...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 6, 2023 6:27 AM

Oct 2022
I am speculating here, but I think Yayoi's mom might have had an affinity for or power over spirits too. It would make sense why Kubou would want to use her as a vessel if that was the case.
Nov 6, 2023 6:46 AM

Dec 2022
Stakes have just gotten higher with the god giving the spectre some pointers

Interesting how the event near the end takes place in the future, most likely after they retrieve their other graduate but I wonder if that means this will be the endgame for our characters.

Nov 6, 2023 7:49 AM
Oct 2019
What in the world just happened at the end.

The stakes has been escalated.
Nov 6, 2023 8:16 AM

Nov 2022
At least the dad realizes this was all his screw up. He knows he murdered his wife, he went along too willingly with his daughters' desperation, and in the process not only lost her in such a horrific way but also killed so many innocent people. Not to mention the incest. He doesn't really deserve peace or to be reunited with his family, and with that in mind him remaining as a hanging ghost guard of the Graduate dormhouse, because he hung himself, seems as fitting a fate for him as any.
Nov 6, 2023 8:33 AM

Oct 2022
The author really made Eiko go through hell, and she still hasn't given up on her fetish, such a great role model!
Nov 6, 2023 12:37 PM
Oct 2023
its really engaging its like ghost stories but more darker and i genuinely feel grossed out at times but somehow cant stop watching
Nov 6, 2023 12:38 PM
Oct 2023
its really engaging its like ghost stories but more darker and i genuinely feel grossed out at times but somehow cant stop watching
Nov 6, 2023 5:05 PM

Dec 2022
Looks like Yayoi is going to get a sibling.....

I also like that it was explained how Yayoi was able to go against a goddess alone in the first episodes. I always wondered about that.
Nov 7, 2023 1:58 AM

Aug 2013
That bitch was evil.

The fuck was wrong with that pushover dad... "whatever you know, its just whatever really, I got that 'whatever', just whatever; 'neck', (killed 17 innocent people) fin".

For now that god might seem too steep, not sure if the scaling is as Yayoi assumed.
Nov 7, 2023 2:34 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
This series is wild. Some of these spirits and deities have really dark backstories. Like, really, really dark.
Nov 7, 2023 3:00 AM

Mar 2008
lazypanda666 said:
I also like that it was explained how Yayoi was able to go against a goddess alone in the first episodes. I always wondered about that.

I think it was actually implied back then even.

basskiller said:
At least the dad realizes this was all his screw up. He knows he murdered his wife, he went along too willingly with his daughters' desperation, and in the process not only lost her in such a horrific way but also killed so many innocent people. Not to mention the incest. He doesn't really deserve peace or to be reunited with his family, and with that in mind him remaining as a hanging ghost guard of the Graduate dormhouse, because he hung himself, seems as fitting a fate for him as any.

He didn't murder his wife. Murder is for intentional killing. They got in a fight like couples sometimes can and he had pushed her away from him and tripped from it hitting her head. He wasn't trying to hurt her. No intent makes it manslaughter not murder. He claims he killed 17 but he was including his wife from the accident and he seemingly was taking blame for anyone his daughter killed taking dialogue into context which we did see she snapped the neck of her baby and we know there was three of them which we can assume she did all that. His daughter also died so he blamed himself for that as well so that's not actually murder either. He was guilt ridden and grief stricken along with his daughter so it's understandable feeling like he owed her being so desperate and he was doing it all for his daughter not his own wishes which while not the best idea it is easy to see where he was coming from. The daughter raped him and you're blaming him for that too? What was he supposed to do push her away like he did his wife? He wouldn't do that in such a mental state. They were under blankets too so we dont even know if he wasnt bound in some way. Both of them suffered enough already.

fathandz said:
The author really made Eiko go through hell, and she still hasn't given up on her fetish, such a great role model!

I think it's more accurate to call it an addiction. She's essentially what is called an adrenaline junkie.
Nov 7, 2023 11:39 AM
Jan 2023
Like I know this is show has dark in its name, but wow this really is dark. Seems we got Yayoi's mother (I think) making an appearance in ghost form, and that child she is carrying is beyond demonic at this point.

Oh and that was a lovely conclusion to the house hunting arc, still a shame that Keitarou didn't get featured all that much. Weird that with the scene with his siblings, there was a lot of focus on the TV, specifically the news, looks like Ai is just laying there in the train wreckage, who knows what's gonna happen next with that, probably important at some point in the future.

An abandoned love hotel? Really? This show is just getting weirder and weirder. I still look forward to next week though.
Nov 7, 2023 2:06 PM
Apr 2016
Another great chapter, I love how the studio is adapting the manga.
Next episode should animate manga chapter 24&25 full or half and the episode from nov 19th should start the watergate arc.
I´m sure that more than one will be surprised, as the arcs advance more gruesome are gonna be so prepare yourself...
Nov 7, 2023 10:41 PM

May 2019
It seems that most, if not all, of the ghost hauntings are s-rank but perhaps those are picked because Yayoi is forming her graduate group.

So the god spirit that is haunting Ai took an interest in the Spectre that took Yayoi's mom. Since this god had already warned Yayoi that he's coming after her later on after their altercation I wonder if this was more than just a coincidental meeting, unless the god doesn't realize the connection between Yayoi and the Spectre yet.
Nov 8, 2023 6:32 AM
Sep 2022
No way, another great episode? What a surprise, this show is like aged fine wine - getting better and better with each episode 👍
Nov 8, 2023 3:35 PM
Nov 2023
Great episode, 9/10
Nov 8, 2023 6:24 PM
Nov 2022
The episodes in which they explain the lore are always appreciated, so: thank you!

The whole story has already gotten weird, I hope it stays that way xd

Eiko is the best female protagonist of the year 🚬

Nov 9, 2023 5:46 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Poor dad from the pregnancy-curse case unable to pass the afterlife because Yayoi need him as a security for her Graduates house and need to relive his infinite past death, forever. Guess the end like his evil dumbass daughter actually is not so bad, right?

Alright back the main dish, Ai God entity battle with Spectre of Death ended with no surprise. But damn look at the effect, cause such a tragedy to the poor human transportation. Then those pedo God also help the faetus to evolve too? Ah well, you may receive your karma.

I mean, Kishimojin and her unfortunate bounds makes the end of it. So for sure Ai God also gonna receive the same end as well, when the time has come for the faetus to take another challenge. Unless ... Yayoi manage to catch it first.

So yeah, back to the cycle i guess. Retrive her evilly Graduate first against and then hunt another s-rank or some another, till she's enough to challenge her own mom and the baby....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 9, 2023 1:15 PM
Sep 2017
Reply to traed
I still feel sorry for ghost dad. He said he killed seventeen people but he included his wife which was an accident and may have been counting people his daughter killed. They both didnt do good but they were in a very vulnerable state.

I assume God was wanting the spectre of death to be stronger so he can consume it himself. Basically wanting it to be ripened.

I figured Yayoi's ability to see ghosts was related to the encounter in the past but now I think of it more it must be she is possessed by this spectre of death like Ai is possessed by God. In this case instead of as a wife but as a sibling. Though raises question of why does it need her mother, something must be special about her family like Ai has.

Technically Kishimojin isnt entirely gone because Yayoi has her bunrei still if I understood how that works correctly.

Mr_Fudgee said:

Yeah that was kinda cold. He wasnt acting out of malice so he isnt an irredeemably bad spirit. Though im still kinda unclear what they thought the ritual was going to do, bring the mother back to life?
@traed I think the ritual was supposed to relieve their guilt and grief. Like they were so overwhelmed by grief and guilt that they wanted to do anything to make it stop, even if there was no way it would work
Nov 9, 2023 3:40 PM

Mar 2008
RonanEv said:
I think the ritual was supposed to relieve their guilt and grief. Like they were so overwhelmed by grief and guilt that they wanted to do anything to make it stop, even if there was no way it would work

Some of the dialogue suggested it would make people stop harassing them though it had to be more than that or they wouldnt have kept doing it after they died which is why I thought it might have been to bring the mother back to life or make it so it never happened. I mean at least what they were told, who knows (i mean without going ahead in the manga lol) what the real purpose was by that occult group behind it being brought to those two, aside from causing deaths and maybe it would be explained more later.
Nov 10, 2023 1:27 AM

Nov 2011
I think I didnt get one thing - what happened with a "person" who suggested this pregnacy-curse? They just walked away after givining advice to father and doughter, or that guy was later in the plot? I might have missed it :O
Nov 10, 2023 4:21 AM
Jan 2023
Epiroogu said:
I think I didnt get one thing - what happened with a "person" who suggested this pregnacy-curse? They just walked away after givining advice to father and doughter, or that guy was later in the plot? I might have missed it :O

He's the same guy on the wheelchair from episode 13.
Nov 10, 2023 11:39 AM
Aug 2019
Reply to TheColonel76
Nice to see Eiko and Yayoi successfully rid the house of those angels, and I had a feeling they’d end up betraying the ghost girl and her dad, and despite the fact they’re murders I did kinda feel bad for them with their backstory and all, the dad is the head of house of graduates now tho so maybe he’ll have some company that’s not his crazy ghost kid and her angels lol. And I was wondering what shape Eiko would be in after this arc ended because I was feeling bad for her, well now I know it’s just making her hornier so I guess I don’t feel as bad now lol.

I also liked the direct reference to Pretty Cure with Keitaro’s sisters, that’s a series I’ve contemplated getting into but I’m not sure if it’s too kiddy or not lol, but this led to some very interesting stuff with the specter of death and the god the gang is currently at war with. I’m kinda surprised the god is trying to help the specter get stronger, I have a feeling it might regret this later because we already saw it become even more powerful by eating the Kishimojin and all her babies, and there was also the reveal the specter is within what I believe is the ghost of Yayoi’s mom, and if so holy shit that’s rough lol, I think I already had an idea of this because of the OP visuals but still very sad to see, I definitely want to see Yayoi defeat this behemoth of a ghost now. And looks like the next graduate is in an abandoned love hotel, I'm not ready for the ghosts this place might harbor lol.
@TheColonel76 You can always get into precure and if you see that it's not something that you enjoy, you can drop it! Also, there are a lot of different precures to check so I kind of recommend you checking them out! You never know, maybe you are going to enjoy the series~
Nov 10, 2023 1:48 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Reply to ReikoNex
@TheColonel76 You can always get into precure and if you see that it's not something that you enjoy, you can drop it! Also, there are a lot of different precures to check so I kind of recommend you checking them out! You never know, maybe you are going to enjoy the series~
@ReikoNex
Very good point, might just do it one day
Nov 12, 2023 12:33 AM

Jan 2017
That Spectre is creepy as fudge
Nov 13, 2023 11:03 PM

Aug 2016
We got a huge development at the end there. Hopefully they can turn that しろ神 into a graduate because they’re going to need a lot!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2023

66 by Magicmist »»
May 19, 7:12 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2023

94 by Magicmist »»
May 12, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2023

63 by Magicmist »»
May 5, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2023

107 by red1130 »»
May 2, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Dark Gathering Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2023

76 by Magicmist »»
Apr 28, 5:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.