Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 1, 2014 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I almost feel sorry for Azazel this episode. Oh wait. The King suffers mentally as well...

The buildup was great imo. Still got some bad vibes about the Bahamut with all the foreshadowing. I don't even think Jeanne can deal with this alone. Good to see Favaro reuniting with Amira and the others agian though.
Dec 1, 2014 8:06 AM

Mar 2013
Great episode as always :)
Dec 1, 2014 8:15 AM

Jul 2010
Jeanne declinging the offer of being given land but rather wanting Favaro and Kaisar to be kngihted!

Jeanne being bestowed a sword that can even kill gods by the angels. The king being jealous and wanting something too. :/ Someone putting something into the king's drink and now he thinks Jeanna wants to kill him!

Azazel being alive just to be killed by Beelzebub that is planning something!

Nice learning a little about Amira's mother and why she grew up so fast. The knights having failed to guard her and the baby and Beelzebub took it! They have a tracking device now at least.

xD Liked Favaro's smirks on him thinking that he is finally off on the contract!
Dec 1, 2014 8:33 AM

Jun 2012
Of course Favaro was only thinking about himself when Amira finally met her "father" XD
Dec 1, 2014 8:41 AM

Apr 2013

So much plot. So much progression. This show just continues to be a sick look every week. Favaro was the f'n man this episode (yeah, broken record with that statement). I can't count the number of times I cracked a smile at his antics. I also really liked Amira's portrayal and actions in this one along with finally getting a real backstory on her past. And dat clown king... He better not harm a hair on my Jeane!!
dankzelDec 1, 2014 10:02 AM
Dec 1, 2014 8:53 AM

Aug 2010
Good ep. Plot is progressing :3 Nice revelations about Amira. Esp liked the explanation of why she's childish ^^

So as expected Azazel didn't die last week but he got REKT this week by Beelzebub XD

Lucifer looks so fabulous :O

Favaro is totally not fit to be a knight XD

So now that Favaro and Amira left...no more Rita?? T^T...hope not/

Dat post credit O_o?
Dec 1, 2014 8:54 AM

Jan 2013
So Lavalley is not Amira's father...but who is her father then? A demon?

Dec 1, 2014 9:06 AM

Feb 2014
And I thought the 4 of them would go together... oh well.
Dec 1, 2014 9:08 AM

Nov 2014
I will never get tired of that opening. It is simply awesome.

Loved the backstory about Amira. I remember last week people were complaining that she was really childish. Now we have an explanation.

I always thought Satan and Lucifer were the same guess i was wrong. I'm a little confused as to what happened to satan and zeus I thought they sacrificed themselves to stop bahamut but this episode lucifer and beelzebub were talking about satan's revival. I hope this becomes more clear in future episodes.

Favaro was awesome as expected. He is probably my favorite character this season.

I wonder whats going to happen to Kaisar and Rita now that Favaro and Amira are gone.
Dec 1, 2014 9:13 AM

Oct 2014
Rita, best loli in the history!
Even tough Amira is the loli one (5 year old!) xD

And Fava, lies never bring you anywhere
Dec 1, 2014 9:18 AM

Apr 2012
once you are in a thief's ship, you are in for life, Fabaro!
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 1, 2014 9:21 AM

Apr 2013
great episode.

so as kinda expected amira is the daughter of a demon and an angel wonder who the father is.
Dec 1, 2014 9:22 AM

Oct 2013
No, not my Azazel! *cries*
Dec 1, 2014 9:23 AM
Oct 2010
Glad they explained Amira's behaviour, a lot of people were hating her for it so it's good that it got cleared up.
Dec 1, 2014 9:38 AM

Dec 2013
I forgot how awesome this show is.

I can't help liking Rita more and more. :D

Love that the show is getting more serious, character are being slowly fleshed out.

Damn it, I feel like I am watching Pirates of the Carribean again. Love it. This show made me realize how much I like anime with western feels.
Dec 1, 2014 10:13 AM

Oct 2014
Who could have spiked the King's drink?

Whoa, whoa, whoa, did Beelzebub mentioned about reviving Satan, sheees, Lucifer and Satan are one and the same, wtf was this anime creator thinking?
Dec 1, 2014 10:13 AM

Jul 2014
I really love the design of these higher up demons. I really think/hope that this isn't going to be just 12 episodes, because they hype Bahamut so much and it's going to be sad if we get a rough ending and at the same time it would be sad to get only 12 episodes of this amazing series.

Tres_Bandidas said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa, did Beelzebub mentioned about reviving Satan, sheees, Lucifer and Satan are one and the same, wtf was this anime creator thinking?

How do you know this? did you see that they are the same? did Satan tell you, that his second name is Lucifer and you shouldn't think they are 2 different demons or whatever they are?
ArcanixDec 1, 2014 10:35 AM
Dec 1, 2014 10:24 AM

Feb 2013
LOL........Beelzebub is just Pissed off cuz he ai'nt got Dat ~BISHIE SWAG~
King_of_HereticsDec 1, 2014 10:27 AM
Dec 1, 2014 10:30 AM

Dec 2013
Beelzebub, Satan.. how generic.
I liked the town view a lot.
Zombie best character.
Dec 1, 2014 10:35 AM

Jul 2014
HazukashiiDesu said:
Beelzebub, Satan.. how generic.

Oh, you are not very bright, are you? Every name of demons/gods in the anime are inspired from history/mythology of different nations/empires whatever.
Dec 1, 2014 10:55 AM

Sep 2011
I will never tire of favaro being a selfish dick. This episode did a great job setting up future events whilst still being able to balance more dramatic plotpoints and the shows continuously top notch comedy. Seriously theres not an episode of this show where i havent been smiling throughout most of it or laughing hard at something.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 1, 2014 10:56 AM

Feb 2014
Theres no other anime I look more forward to each week then this, despite it being a pretty strong season. It delivers everytime!
Dec 1, 2014 11:13 AM

Nov 2012
the king had sex
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Dec 1, 2014 11:18 AM

Apr 2012
Someone slipped some acid in the king's drink!
Can't get enough of Favaro's trolly personality

Dec 1, 2014 11:40 AM

Apr 2014
So much plot progression and you're telling me this will end in just 4 more episodes? Hell no I can already see them announcing another cour during the last episode. By the way loving the designs of both Lucifer and Beelzebub.
Dec 1, 2014 11:51 AM

Apr 2013
dat plot
dem feels
dat hype
JizzyHitler said:
I will never tire of favaro being a selfish dick.
best MC.
Dec 1, 2014 11:54 AM

Dec 2013
Z4k said:
So much plot progression and you're telling me this will end in just 4 more episodes? Hell no I can already see them announcing another cour during the last episode. By the way loving the designs of both Lucifer and Beelzebub.

You know what would I do if a second cour would be announced at the end of the finale?

Dec 1, 2014 12:16 PM
Mar 2013
i love this show really its one off the best BUT i'm sensing even if it is very minimal an amiraxfavaro which i don't like, well you can't have it all >_> anyway another strong and interesting episode
Dec 1, 2014 12:17 PM

May 2013
Hmm, it would seem as though Favaro continues to think only for himself and his own goals. I can't help but question this: is this necessarily the truth? Is he one hundred percent self absorbed and unaffected by the others? Well, if not then he may be putting up a tough guy facade. For example, was he really thinking about himself several episodes ago when he went to rescue Amira and Kaisar from Azazel's clutches? In my opinion, despite what he may say, he cared about them (otherwise the rescue seems a bit meaningless.)

Now, don't get me wrong, I like that Favaro's initial reaction is always concerning himself. I also like that the reactions are off color from what most characters (that I've seen) would think given then same situation. He isn't a classic hero which makes him more interesting. However, I always want him to have a certain degree of hero in him, otherwise he is just a random cool character that is swept along for the ride. I suppose there is nothing inherently wrong with that, but I suppose that I'm just looking for a bit of drive and meaning behind his actions beyond the tough, loner aesthetic he has tried to display throughout the story. In this episode, we see more of his self centered ideas amidst the call to arms (i.e. the beginning of their new quest... although I suppose it is the same quest they've always had). However, if he was really so dead set on getting his tail removed, possibly escaping his "lame" new position as a knight, and even being rid of Amira, would he really allow himself to be swept along once again by the very person he wishes to rid himself of with seemingly little to no resistance at all?

Possibilities
It seems more likely that he developed this tough guy aesthetic in order to satisfy the role of villain for Kaisar (as has been mentioned within the show) and has simply taken his facade so far as to even trick himself. In other words, a classic case of the actor over immersing himself in his role. Perhaps he thought along the lines of his role as bandit / villain so long that his mind actually works this way at this point. But, the part of him that originally took on that facade still works behind the scenes which would be the cause behind the several acts of heroism we've seen just this far. This could also very well be completely incorrect (hence, just a speculation.)

Anyways, I'm interested in hearing what others think about him. It seems from what I've seen that people have varying impressions of him, but most are fairly positive.

Sourire said:
dat plot
dem feels
dat hype
JizzyHitler said:
I will never tire of favaro being a selfish dick.
best MC.

I'd have to agree! Although there have been quite a few other decent characters, I've enjoyed Favaro's the most this season.
Dec 1, 2014 1:00 PM

Sep 2012
Gay for Lucifer
Oh god who are you people?
Dec 1, 2014 1:02 PM

Jun 2014
dis anime is so good
:3
Dec 1, 2014 1:02 PM

Sep 2011
Gal3riel said:
i love this show really its one off the best BUT i'm sensing even if it is very minimal an amiraxfavaro which i don't like, well you can't have it all >_> anyway another strong and interesting episode
pretty sure favaro is so self centered him ever settling down is impossible.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 1, 2014 1:06 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Favaro's reaction to being knighted was just perfect. Love that character.

So Amira is really a little girl, huh? Well played screenwriter-san, that explains a lot of things about her.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 1, 2014 1:26 PM

Jan 2013
I knew it... with a name like Jeanne D'arc the only possible fate is to die.
I so wanted her to be the holy knight, but the producers needed to be heartless bastards T_T
Dec 1, 2014 1:35 PM

Jul 2008
Tres_Bandidas said:

It is extremely common, in Japanese fiction, for Satan and Lucifer to be different people. Actually, I don't remember when they were one and the same in an Anime/Manga/Light Novel/Visual Novel. Whenever Lucifer or Satan appears in a story, the other one is bound to appear sooner or later.
Dec 1, 2014 1:42 PM

Nov 2011
i'd have to say this is better then FNS
Hate Keeps me warm
Dec 1, 2014 1:48 PM

Apr 2014
I know I said it before but damn Lucifer's design is gorgeous.
Dec 1, 2014 1:50 PM

Jul 2014
So does no one actually realize that the demon who was with Amira was the same demon that poisoned the king and the same demon that meet Azazel in episode(6?)i believe ?:P
Edit: Ya, it is.
Dec 1, 2014 1:52 PM

Dec 2013
Arcanix said:
So does no one actually realize that the demon who was with Amira was the same demon that poisoned the king and the same demon that meet Azazel in episode(6?)i believe ?:P

need to rewatch to confirm.
Dec 1, 2014 1:55 PM

Apr 2014
Arcanix said:
Edit: Ya, it is.

Yeah it was obviously that Martinet guy or something.
Dec 1, 2014 3:16 PM
Jul 2018
So, now we understand why Amira is so childish.

I wonder who Amira's real father is.
Dec 1, 2014 3:37 PM

Nov 2012
Kaisar finally regain his honor and declared a Knight again.Lol'd @ how little Favaro cared about being declared a knight.

Jeanne bestowed a sword that can even kill the gods.

King falsely believes Jeanne is gonna betray/kill because someone spiked his drink.I was somewhat expecting him to send Jeanne off to be executed (thus making way for Favaro to become the holy knight/confirming that he is indeed it).

Favaro finally got rid of his tail.Decides to continue his journey with Amira to find her mother now that they have that tracking device thing.
Dec 1, 2014 4:13 PM

Sep 2014
Amira's mother is very gorgeous with those pink curls. I like how Amira's just below 6 years of age, so cute!
Dec 1, 2014 4:59 PM

Jul 2013
^^
I love you Onodera Chan

Also I absolutely love how the writer actually did his freaking research on the lore. There's wayy to many people that still think that Lucifer and Satan are one in the same. Glad they did their homework on Christianity ^^
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Dec 1, 2014 5:08 PM

Jul 2014
Great Great Episode~
Dec 1, 2014 5:11 PM

Jan 2011
So they actually wanted for the god key to fall into demon hands..at least temporarily? Would explain their lack of support.

And Beelzebub seems quite strong compared to Azazael. The later lost against a mere human, the other blasts angels (even if random ones, and even if the human in question was Jeanne..) out of the sky causually. Still, i'll assume Azazael survived. If he's out for good, he wouldn't be able to ever know the truth Beelzebub spoke of. And this kind of evil guys usually want the other one to realize the whole scheme when it's too late, so it's likely not just a manner of speaking. And Azazael still makes a good enemy for Favaro and co. They can hardly go against the big shoots, and a regular demon-goon would be far to weak, especially with Amira being in good shape again.

It seems Luficer is still his superior. And all want to revive Satan..officially at least.

And the king..wonder how much his mother (?) said is true. And whether she left out some important parts. Like, him becoming insane due to the demons poison and ordering Jeanne's death or similar, who as the rightful champion of the gods will not stand idly..

Also interesting that they gave Favaro a dagger/short sword. Unusual for such an event to be so flexible. Even if the weapon didn't look all that splendid.

I like Beelzebubs design more, as he isn't simply a bishie with random tatttoos, unlike Azazael or Lucifer.
Dec 1, 2014 5:36 PM

Nov 2013
the kings screams lol
Dec 1, 2014 5:58 PM

Nov 2013
From wiki:

In 1409-1410 The Lanterne of Light (an anonymous English Lollard tract often erroneously attributed to Wycliffe) provided a classification system based on the Seven Deadly Sins, establishing that each one of the mentioned demons tempted people by means of one of those sins:

Lucifer: pride
Belzebub: envy

I wonder if Lucifer and Belzebub are brothers in this anime, with Satan being their their father and the demon lord/king. Really interesting folkrole, it even has the seven archangels (Michael, Gabriel, etc).

I also suspected Amira to be some kind of hybrid, and it turns out she's half demon half angel.
Dec 1, 2014 6:12 PM

Sep 2013
So gooood! This show has such clever writing, it amazes me.

Art/Animation: Great as always. Lucifer's design I actually kinda like, while the rest of the demons seem to be these gothic, demonic people, he has a sort of elegance to him that is shared with the gods which makes sense given that Lucifer is a fallen angel. Beelzebub's design is so over the top devil that I love it to death. Lol

Sound: Great as always.

Story+Characters:
The reveal that Lavalley is not actually Amira's father makes me question who her father actually is... Beelzebub? Lucifer?

The reveal that Amira is only like 5 years old though, that explains everything about her character. I had issues with her acting like a little brat but now everything is explained. Very well done scriptwriters, you got me on that.

Favaro's reaction to becoming a knight was great and Kaiser finally did what he wanted to do since the beginning. Woo!

So the King is.. I guess poisoned? I guess it made his paranoia go sky rocketed and that's going to cause some major conflict.

One of the things I find crazy about this series is that it's so cliche and everything in it is not original in the slightest but it's done so damn well that you don't even care.

Plot progression, character fleshing out. Very good episode.
Dec 1, 2014 6:20 PM

Aug 2012
Knew Lavalley was a red herring. Still sticking to my thought that Lucifer is her papa. Or hell maybe Satan makes more sense, would help explain her visions of Bahamut(in which case...FAVARO IS DESCENDANT OF ZUES). Either way she's clearly predestined to be the most important piece in releasing Bahamut, if Beelzebub went through the trouble of kidnapping and speeding up her growth. But the idea of Beelzebub wanting to revive Satan is nice. Was it explicitly said that Satan and Zeus sealed themselves with Bahamut? It would certainly make sense (and be fucking awesome) but I don't remember anything more than ''they sacrificed themselves to seal Bahamut". This raises a lot of interesting possibilities though, as there would probably be gods that have similar interests as Beelzebub/Lucifer(though obviously Beelzebub is plotting something behind Lucifer's back so I won't say their interests are completely mutual) and want to revive Zues. Guess we'll know soon enough when Amira finds her mama in Helheim.

That sword that was specifically stated to be able to kill even gods. Tell me that isn't foreshadowing.

Everything else was par for the course. Character progression, development everywhere. Especially Amira, the aging reveal is genius and the perfect clarification for her character. She is going to be so much easier to get behind and feel for now. But even MORE especially Favaro, I just can't say enough on how perfectly his character is being handled. No matter how much he keeps reaffirming himself, he gets sucked right in to Amira's world and all the possibilities it brings. His desire to be his normal selfish self is genuine, but so is his tendency to be drawn in to her world/being a hero. His pre-established and followed up relationship with Kaiser is a testament and clue to this.

Nayrael said:
Tres_Bandidas said:

It is extremely common, in Japanese fiction, for Satan and Lucifer to be different people. Actually, I don't remember when they were one and the same in an Anime/Manga/Light Novel/Visual Novel. Whenever Lucifer or Satan appears in a story, the other one is bound to appear sooner or later.
AlexTheRiotDec 1, 2014 6:23 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HelghastKillzone - Dec 29, 2014

392 by prolecy »»
Feb 24, 1:23 PM

» About the game

sandwich-boy - Dec 27, 2023

3 by Animaticide »»
Dec 27, 2023 12:46 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2014

152 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 10:18 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

121 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 9:53 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2014

149 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 25, 2023 4:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.